Author Topic: Why do "Liberals" want to do something as a nation to "fight" Obesity?  (Read 9600 times)

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Re: Why do "Liberals" want to do something as a nation to "fight" Obesity?
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2013, 06:02:16 PM »
DSM 4 redefined assburgers, as a form of emotional or high functioning autism.

And you my friend clearly are.

And the more you make threads that are both well thought out, and completely ignorant of human behavior the more this shows true.

Considering assburger sufferers like yourself have difficulty understanding basic social interaction, shouldn't you be the last person defining normal human behavior.
A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2013, 06:03:15 PM »
Even if it leads to an obesity epidemic?

Seriously maybe your just a sociopath who knows.
I don`t consider obesity an "epidemic".  "Epidemic" is a word misapplied and thrown around carelessly, especially when attributed to obesity.  Furthermore, I don`t care if the whole country is obese except me.  That is their choice.  At any point in time, they can choose to eat 2000 calories.  

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2013, 06:05:26 PM »
Considering assburger sufferers like yourself have difficulty understanding basic social interaction, shouldn't you be the last person defining normal human behavior.
He won`t even leave the confines of his own prison that he created for himself.  I bet he is the type of guy that always looks down when walking and will never look you in the eye.

MikMaq

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2013, 06:07:32 PM »
I have no instincts for one on one interactions, as I'm completely oblivious to the details. However I've developed a strong sense of the way people behave in groups. It's a method of adaption quite common among people with aspergers.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2013, 06:08:55 PM »
I have no instincts for one on one interactions, as I'm completely oblivious to the details. However I've developed a strong sense of the way people behave in groups. It's a method of adaption quite common among people with aspergers.
Good luck ever getting out of virginhood.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2013, 06:10:09 PM »
He won`t even leave the confines of his own prison that he created for himself.  I bet he is the type of guy that always looks down when walking and will never look you in the eye.

Totally.  Does he even workout?  Do they let him out of the group home long enough to hit the gym?
A

cart@@n

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2013, 06:10:20 PM »
They want to create more taxes, and impose more government control over the food, life, and personal choice of people.

MikMaq

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2013, 06:11:12 PM »
Good luck ever getting out of virginhood.
Sorry are you butthurt, that I knocked your dumbass thread out of the water?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2013, 06:12:32 PM »
I`ve never understand their logic (lack thereof) on this issue.  They point the fingers at Fast Food and Soda which are completely harmless to eat and drink.  How come nobody realizes that all you need to do is eat 2000 calories or so a day?  (that little piece of advice also eludes people of ALL political persuasions-many on Getbig even)

both liberals and conservatives are authoritarians who want to force their will upon other people.  

why do liberals want to legislate restrictions on factors associated with obesity? because they support public healthcare and feel its the governments responsibility to try and make the public as healthy as possible.

as for your argument about calories and food choices, of course. but that doesnt mean eliminating high calorie foods cant help reduce calorie intake.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2013, 06:12:42 PM »
Sorry are you butthurt, that I knocked your dumbass thread out of the water?
???
How come you are the only one that sees it that way?

How old are you anyways and does not ever having experienced sex with a woman bother you?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2013, 06:13:16 PM »
They want to create more taxes, and impose more government control over the food, life, and personal choice of people.

All the soda tax is, is a cash grab aimed at the middle and lower class under the guise of a moral crusade against obesity.   Total bullshit.
A

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2013, 06:13:27 PM »
I`ve never understand their logic (lack thereof) on this issue.  They point the fingers at Fast Food and Soda which are completely harmless to eat and drink.  How come nobody realizes that all you need to do is eat 2000 calories or so a day?  (that little piece of advice also eludes people of ALL political persuasions-many on Getbig even)

I liked the old days when it was ok to make fun of fatties.
all drugs - TPPIIP

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2013, 06:14:37 PM »
both liberals and conservatives are authoritarians who want to force their will upon other people.  

why do liberals want to legislate restrictions on factors associated with obesity? because they support public healthcare and feel its the governments responsibility to try and make the public as healthy as possible.

as for your argument about calories and food choices, of course. but that doesnt mean eliminating high calorie foods cant help reduce calorie intake.
Nobody should be trying to eliminate any foods in order to reduce intake. (which is a leap in logic that presupposes that someone is going to eat less because of less food choice. ie. a legislation based in stupidity)

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2013, 06:16:45 PM »
Nobody should be trying to eliminate any foods in order to reduce intake. (which is a leap in logic that presupposes that someone is going to eat less because of less food choice. ie. a legislation based in stupidity)

I would argue that they know for a fact that taxing soda and even cigarettes will not reduce consumption.
A

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2013, 06:18:01 PM »
if the only options you have are options with a high volume-to-calorie ratio... meaning, low calorie foods...  then your less likely to eat a lot of calories.. because youll have to eat SO much food to get there... plus lower calorie foods tend to be less appetizing.. for example.. how easy is it to eat a pound of ice cream? a pound of broccoli? one is far easier..

PLENTY of logic behind banning high calorie foods if your goal is a healthier public..

MikMaq

« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2013, 06:19:13 PM »
if the only options you have are options with a high volume-to-calorie ratio... meaning, low calorie foods...  then your less likely to eat a lot of calories.. because youll have to eat SO much food to get there... plus lower calorie foods tend to be less appetizing.. for example.. how easy is it to eat a pound of ice cream? a pound of broccoli? one is far easier..

PLENTY of logic behind banning high calorie foods if your goal is a healthier public..
Sorry your bringing typical human behavior into this, for the sake of adonis's argument, humans act like adonis.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2013, 06:20:59 PM »
Sorry your bringing typical human behavior into this, for the sake of adonis's argument, humans act like adonis.
even adonis would consume less calories if his only food choices were low calorie foods..

MikMaq

« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2013, 06:22:12 PM »
even adonis would consume less calories if his only food choices were low calorie foods..
Nah man he made a control educated decision when he started drinking pepsi max.  ;D

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2013, 06:28:08 PM »

I don't think anyone is arguing that people wouldn't eat calorically dense foods if they were completely unavailable.

First, I don't think it's possible to do that.

Secondly, we are arguing if it is the responsibility of the federal government to make food choices for adults.  I do not think it is.

Thirdly, does taxing these food discourage consumption?  I believe it does not.  I don't smoke but I know many smokers and not one of them stopped smoking after the tax on tobacco was increased a few years ago.
A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2013, 06:31:03 PM »

It is Much easier to eat a Pound of Broccoli than a Pound of Ice Cream in my opinion.  I ate 2 lbs of Broccoli in my Broccoli Soup today, along with 4 ounces of Spinach.  I then ate half of all the Lemon Bars we made.  Broccoli never has done much for my hunger thats for sure. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2013, 06:32:37 PM »
Nope.  Besides, what is the definition of a low calorie food?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2013, 06:35:16 PM »
Nah man he made a control educated decision when he started drinking pepsi max.  ;D
I did.  I started drinking it way before I ever saw an advertisement for it.  There is not a single product out right now that compares to it as far as my taste is concerned and with the amount of caffeine that I want. It is by far, a superior product to anything currently available.  I have tried just about every diet soda I can get my hands on and Pepsi Max still is the winner by far.  Jones makes some good Sodas, but the level of caffeine is not there.  Plus, the price is not worth what you get.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2013, 06:48:30 PM »
I don't think anyone is arguing that people wouldn't eat calorically dense foods if they were completely unavailable.

First, I don't think it's possible to do that.

Secondly, we are arguing if it is the responsibility of the federal government to make food choices for adults.  I do not think it is.

Thirdly, does taxing these food discourage consumption?  I believe it does not.  I don't smoke but I know many smokers and not one of them stopped smoking after the tax on tobacco was increased a few years ago.
i agree with everything except about taxes. taxes always reduce motivation. they are a disincentive. and they decrease quantity demanded, as well as quantity supplied.  (some economic terms that get right to the heart of the issue)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2013, 06:49:26 PM »
It is Much easier to eat a Pound of Broccoli than a Pound of Ice Cream in my opinion.  I ate 2 lbs of Broccoli in my Broccoli Soup today, along with 4 ounces of Spinach.  I then ate half of all the Lemon Bars we made.  Broccoli never has done much for my hunger thats for sure
you would still take in less calories on a low calorie-foods diet.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2013, 06:51:38 PM »
Nope.  Besides, what is the definition of a low calorie food?
things with high volume and low caolorie.  vegetables mainly.  but the lower calorie, the lower calorie.  a whole wheat pasta will result in less calories eaten than a cheese and pepperoni pizza.  know why?  doesnt taste as good, has less calories per oz of weight, and it gives your stomach the feeling of being physically full.