Author Topic: Just wanted you all to know that we've never been to the moon...  (Read 20329 times)

jprc10

• Getbig III
Re: Just wanted you all to know...
« Reply #125 on: January 31, 2013, 07:00:05 AM »
Axvo completely destroying the two idiots....with ease

::) At least I'm trying to discuss and bring some questions to the table. What are you doing other than kissing Axvo's ass? Who's the idiot now..

lulu

• Getbig III
« Reply #126 on: January 31, 2013, 07:05:32 AM »
We've never been to the moon...

Have fun and
Good evening

:)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #127 on: January 31, 2013, 07:45:06 AM »
::) At least I'm trying to discuss and bring some questions to the table. What are you doing other than kissing Axvo's ass? Who's the idiot now..

I'm kissing his ass becuase I said he blew your argument out of the water?

He did.  I don't know avxo from adam, i called it like i saw it.

Yes, you keep raising questions that have already been answered, or there is no concrete answer to, because we don't have the knowledge or the information...but that doesn't automatically mean it never happened, becuase we can't gauge accurately how much light would bounce off of the earth and show up in a picture.  ::)

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #128 on: January 31, 2013, 09:39:07 AM »
You say they spent a relatively short amount of time in space. Do you know the distance from earth to the moon? How fast did the modules travel?

They did. The entire Apollo 11 mission duration was just over 195 hours - or a little over 8 days - less than 24 of which were spent on the moon. And yes, I know the distance from the earth to the moon - down to the millimeter, actually, courtesy of the retroreflectors left up there.

If the radiation they received wasn't such a big deal, why is NASA still trying to come up with ways today to protect astronauts from it during future possible trips to the moon and mars?

It's not that the radiation they received isn't a big deal: most astronauts in the Apollo program developed a number of health ailments as a result of their exposure. I simply said that the dose of radiation they received in the few days they spent in space was almost 25% of the dose allowed in an entire year for people who work in environments where radiation exposure is a danger.

As for why NASA is trying to come up with better ways to protect astronauts, it should be be obvious: a mission to send humans to Mars would require a much, much, much longer transit time than a mission to send humans to the moon. What good is putting live humans on a spaceship to Mars if what arrives is a blob of dead, highly irradiated flesh? Even if our goal is to only go back to the moon, doesn't it make sense to research better radiation shielding options anyways? If nothing else, such options would have numerous applications here on earth.

Still, a small amount of thrust from the rocket should've displaced some amount of dust on the moon's surface or at least left a mark, but nothing is shown on the pictures.

There was a mark made - the engine's thrust eroded the hard lunar surface, despite the fact that the engine had been throttled way way down; that "crater" is visible in at least two pictures.

According to the article I read, a 1966 National Geographic edition supposedly contained information about MIT scientists achieving the same thing. It also mentions the New York Times stating that the Russians had been doing the same thing since 1963.

Right. It's possible to do laser ranging even without a retroreflector, nobody aruged otherwise. It's just exceedingly more difficult, but not impossible. That's why the Russians left retroreflectors and that's why we left retroreflectors: to make laser ranging easier. The Russian retroreflectors are on the landing craft of their Lunokhod 1 and 2 missions. Small retroreflector units from Apollo 11 were left on the surface by the Americans. The large retroreflector arrays from Apollo 14 and 15 were also carefully installed on the surface by Americans.

These are facts. The presence of those devices is proven and can be verified - all it takes is a laser and somewhat affordable detection equipment and you too can do laser ranging. That the retroreflector arrays left by Apollo 11, 14 and 15 were carefully installed by humans is obvious to anyone who sees pictures of the arrays from the moon, as well as the pictures taken from spacecraft orbiting the moon.

Reality according to whom?

Reality is reality and it's not according to any one particular person.

Where are all of these independent recordings? I got this quote from the article:

As Reuters reported on August 15, 2006, “The U.S. government has misplaced the original recording of the first moon landing, including astronaut Neil Armstrong’s famous ‘one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind’ … Armstrong’s famous moonwalk, seen by millions of viewers on July 20, 1969, is among transmissions that NASA has failed to turn up in a year of searching, spokesman Grey Hautaluoma said. ‘We haven’t seen them for quite a while. We’ve been looking for over a year, and they haven’t turned up,’ Hautaluoma said … In all, some 700 boxes of transmissions from the Apollo lunar missions are missing.”

So they misplaced the "original" recording (I use the term original loosely here). That sucks and they should be flogged, but so what? Large parts of those transmissions, including the seminal "small step" were seen by millions of people, live, on television and archived footage exists. It's even on youtube!

Of course I know how the moon reflects light from the sun to lighten the sky at nighttime. Are you saying the earth would in fact reflect the same light from the sun onto the moon? We're taking of different surfaces here.

I am saying that the earth reflects light from the sun onto the moon, similarly to how the moon reflects light from the sun onto the earth. The fact that the earth shines so brightly and prominently in pictures from the moon should be proof of just how much light it is reflecting.

Also, wouldn't the light reflected from earth be somewhat 'overshadowed' by the sun's light, as it is way brighter?

That's not how light works... ::)

I'll try to keep researching the issue as, at least to me, it is very interesting.

You may want to start from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_Moon_landing_hoax_conspiracy_theories where all of the questions you've posed so far are already answered, and citations to original sources can be found.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #129 on: January 31, 2013, 09:45:06 AM »

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
Re: Just wanted you all to know that we've never been to the moon...
« Reply #130 on: January 31, 2013, 12:36:38 PM »
We've never been to the moon...

Have fun and
Good evening

True, we haven't, but twelve astronauts have.

Hope that helps, my dark melatonin-inclined friend :)

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #131 on: January 31, 2013, 02:01:54 PM »
maybe they wanted to make it seem like they were the first to do it

monopoly19

• Getbig II
  • 675 locked out...
« Reply #132 on: January 31, 2013, 02:51:04 PM »
So much for the Van Allen Belt...

"Environment

1. The astronauts could not have survived the trip because of exposure to radiation from the Van Allen radiation belt and galactic ambient radiation (see radiation poisoning and health threat from cosmic rays). Some conspiracists have suggested that Starfish Prime (high altitude nuclear testing in 1962) was a failed attempt to disrupt the Van Allen belts.

- The spacecraft moved through the belts in about four hours, and the astronauts were shielded from the ionizing radiation by the aluminium hulls of the spacecraft. Furthermore, the orbital transfer trajectory from Earth to the Moon through the belts was chosen to lessen radiation exposure. Even Dr. James Van Allen, the discoverer of the Van Allen radiation belts, rebutted the claims that radiation levels were too harmful for the Apollo missions.[77] Plait cited an average dose of less than 1 rem (10 mSv), which is equivalent to the ambient radiation received by living at sea level for three years.[78] The spacecraft passed through the intense inner belt and the low-energy outer belt. The total radiation received on the trip was about the same as allowed for workers in the nuclear energy field for a year.[79]

- The radiation is actually evidence that the astronauts went to the Moon. Irene Schneider reports that 33 of the 36 Apollo astronauts involved in the nine Apollo missions to leave Earth orbit have developed early stage cataracts that have been shown to be caused by radiation exposure to cosmic rays.[80] At least 39 former astronauts have developed cataracts; 36 of those were involved in high-radiation missions such as the Apollo missions.[81]"

via http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_Moon_landing_hoax_conspiracy_theories

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: January 31, 2013, 03:16:29 PM »
Hope this helps:

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #134 on: January 31, 2013, 05:38:25 PM »
 Proof NASA weren't the first ones to go to the moon

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #135 on: February 01, 2013, 05:23:20 AM »

Apollo 12 Landing SiteCredit: NASA/Goddard/ASU

The tracks made in 1969 by astronauts Pete Conrad and Alan Bean, the third and fourth humans to walk on the moon, can be seen in this LRO image of the Apollo 12 site. The location of the descent stage for Apollo 12's lunar module, Intrepid, also can be seen.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: February 01, 2013, 05:25:06 AM »

Apollo 14 Landing SiteCredit: NASA/Goddard/ASU

The paths left by astronauts Alan Shepard and Edgar Mitchell on both Apollo 14 moon walks are visible in this LRO image. (At the end of the second moon walk, Shepard famously hit two golf balls.) The descent stage of the lunar module Antares is also visible.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #137 on: February 01, 2013, 05:28:20 AM »
Checkmate.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #138 on: February 01, 2013, 05:32:30 AM »
The problem with all this is that anything is debatable and in the age of photoshop you can always say... "Pics be touched."
Things like these, moon landing doubts, are killing of the good info(social and political re-education, loss of rights, high influence lobbies) that is out there.
Dis-info in small doses simply discredits the good host.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: February 01, 2013, 05:33:17 AM »
Wigg-spiracy....perhaps you should look up "Moon Machines" to go along with your continual youtube hoax post-bombings

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: February 01, 2013, 05:36:54 AM »
The problem with all this is that anything is debatable and in the age of photoshop you can always say... "Pics be touched."
Things like these, moon landing doubts, are killing of the good info(social and political re-education, loss of rights, high influence lobbies) that is out there.

http://lroc.sese.asu.edu/

What is LROC?

The Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter Camera (LROC) is designed to address two of the prime LRO measurement requirements: 1) Assess meter scale features to facilitate selection of future landing sites on the Moon. 2) Acquire images of the poles every orbit to characterize the polar illumination environment (100 meter scale), identifying regions of permanent shadow and permanent or near-permanent illumination over a full lunar year. In addition to these two main objectives, the LROC team is conducting meter-scale mapping of polar regions, stereo images that provide meter-scale topographic measurements, global multi-spectral imaging, and has produced a global landform map. We have imaged over 20% of the Moon at high resolution using the Narrow Angle Cameras; if the LRO mission continues for several more years, we will eventually image the whole moon at 1/2 m/pixel. LROC images will also be used to map and determine current impact hazards by imaging areas photographed by Apollo astronauts. Comparing the new and old images reveals impact craters that formed over the past 40 years.

LROC consists of two Narrow Angle Cameras (NACs) to provide 0.5 meter-scale panchromatic images over a 5 km swath, a Wide Angle Camera (WAC) to provide images at a scale of 100 meters/pixel in seven color bands over a 60 km swath, and a Sequence and Compressor System (SCS) supporting data acquisition for both cameras. LROC is a modified version of the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiters ConTeXt Camera (CTX) and MARs Color Imager (MARCI) provided by Malin Space Science Systems (MSSS) in San Diego, CA.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: February 02, 2013, 02:49:07 PM »

Except that this topic is not up for debate, the US went to the moon, there is empirical evidence to prove it.  Only idiots who know nothing of photography or how cameras work think that this is all a big hoax.

Only a fucking moron what think we never went to the moon.  We didn't have the technology to fake it back then, that's a fact, not debatable.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #142 on: February 02, 2013, 02:59:24 PM »
  Who really knows

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #143 on: February 04, 2013, 07:37:26 AM »

No big deal, right?
from incomplete data

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #144 on: February 04, 2013, 09:12:52 AM »
Too bad that Gaddafffi got killed - he knew a lot about the US and the moon landings.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #145 on: February 04, 2013, 10:55:01 AM »
You may want to start from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_Moon_landing_hoax_conspiracy_theories where all of the questions you've posed so far are already answered, and citations to original sources can be found.

In addition to your cogent and very good post I would like to add a “bon mot”:
I have met James Lovell…I knew his son Jay very well…he was a newspaper artist at the Houston Chronicle at the same time I worked there in the information technology department.
In addition, I met the engineer who designed the system that was used to get the television back from the Moon and the standards conversions to NTSC video.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #146 on: February 04, 2013, 03:47:25 PM »
Wiggs, I thought you were interested in the truth of these moon landings? Why did you abandon the thread when things got interesting? I'm assuming you're man enough to be able to reconsider your views in light of evidence previously unknown to you.
from incomplete data

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #147 on: February 05, 2013, 08:42:59 PM »
Just wanted you all to know that Wiggs is a fat, unemployed tard...