Author Topic: help tbombz find a job  (Read 24813 times)

NotSure

• Getbig III
Re: help tbombz find a job
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2013, 02:30:18 PM »
Im graduating from college in a few weeks. I will have a bachelors degree in business administration and an associates degree in geography. 6 months experience as a congressional intern and campaign assistant,  two years experience as a personal assistant, 6 months experience as a nutrition shop manager, and 6 years working summers as a lifeguard+swim instructor.

I planned on going to grad school in the fall, but deadlines are approaching and i havent taken the required GMAT exam in time, therefore I'll be unable to attent in the fall.  

So I will be working for the next year or year and a half.

I would prefer to work in business as some kind of managerial staffer, ideally working over several aspects of production/sales/marketing, but open to specializing, possibly on accounting, marketing, or public relations (or anything else really).

a few questions..

1) I am thinking about maybe getting a CPA to boost my resume.  Any thoughts ?

2) I want to search for the most profitable businesses in my area, as well as for the businesses with the highest total assets, in order to go down and campaign for a position.  any tips ? where to find the information?

3) any other input yall wanna throw at me.. like for example, if you think im a disgusting ape that looks like it smells and has down syndrome..

Rofl.... My 2 cents, drop the ego and don't think you are entitled to shit. Just because you have a bachelors doesn't mean anything. Looks like you have good work experience though. You just need to present it well. You are an ugly piece of shit as well. Shave before you go to the interview and whatever you do, don't bring up bodybuilding.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2013, 02:40:40 PM »
associates degree in geography? what the hell is that googl for, all u need is good if you wanna know the capatal

what did you do as campain assistant? make coffee , shine shoes ect?

seriously man your credentials aint nothing special at all no one would be impressed

what would be impressive is that you know how to accumulate wealth with whatever your doing right now
A

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2013, 02:41:04 PM »
Wait, didn't you start University the last year or something?  ??? You were posting pics of the Uni you were going to attend and talking about student loans.

NotSure

• Getbig III
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2013, 02:46:21 PM »
Wait, didn't you start University the last year or something?  ??? You were posting pics of the Uni you were going to attend and talking about student loans.
Never trust Californians. Most are compulsive liars. In CandyCoo's case a cumpulsive liar. I deal with these folks on the phone everyday. All the males and females sounds exactly the same. Same modality. Males have the "i know everything attitude" and all the women come off as frakking stupid valley girls. By the Eternal! I hate answering their phone calls. I see that area code pop up on the phone and dread it.

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2013, 02:47:53 PM »
Ron Jeremy had an aneurysym, tbomb can go give him his daily sponge bath.
 ::)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2013, 02:48:43 PM »
Never trust Californians. Most are compulsive liars. In CandyCoo's case a cumpulsive liar. I deal with these folks on the phone everyday. All the males and females sounds exactly the same. Same modality. Males have the "i know everything attitude" and all the women come off as frakking stupid valley girls. By the Eternal! I hate answering their phone calls. I see that area code pop up on the phone and dread it.

haha yeah my cousin lives in sandiego and hosts a radio sports show and is a short fat bald fuck who thinks he knows everything about everything lol
A

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2013, 02:49:44 PM »
bachelors degree in business.

might as well be a high school diploma with a gold star on it.
 ::)

el numero uno

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2013, 02:55:45 PM »

Yeah I also know some people who act like that, especially on facebook (no homo), some people pretend to have a degree, one of them had even posted photos claiming to be the boss but then she got a lot of shit from her co-workers and the whore deleted the photos.  :D

Well, idk about tbombz.  :D

NotSure

• Getbig III
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2013, 02:57:53 PM »
Yeah I also know some people who act like that, especially on facebook (no homo), some people pretend to have a degree, one of them had even posted photos claiming to be the boss but then she got a lot of shit from her co-workers and the whore deleted the photos.  :D

Well, idk about tbombz.  :D
He has the same mindset and i see it steaming off every post like horse shit in 20 degree weather.

clownbaby

• Getbig III
  • get licked
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2013, 03:03:32 PM »
enjoy the fruits of obama's economy for generation y! you are fucked kiddo

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2013, 03:06:56 PM »
enjoy the fruits of obama's economy for generation y! you are fucked kiddo

hope every one of those stupid fucks that voted for obama has to spend the next decade working for minimum wage.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2013, 03:48:05 PM »
- i have a real degree from a real uni

- i have enough credits in accounting in order to qualify for the CPA

- yes i know what i want to study in grad school, MBA
Ive been telling you for probably a year now to get a internship/job in the field you want to go into. You havent listened and now youre standing on the brink of graduating with no prospects.

I dont know what the CPA requirements in California are but I seriously doubt you have the educational requirements to sit for the CPA exam. If you did you would have enough credits for at a minimum a minor in accounting or more and if you were that close you should have just double majored.

If by the off chance you do have the educational requirements to sit for the CPA you shouldnt have a hard time finding a job at all. Auditing agencies are always looking for fresh graduates with accounting degrees or that are CPA eligible. The work would suck(long hours, traveling etc) but the experience especially if you can get on with a big firm is priceless. We are also about the head full force into tax season so you have plenty of opportunities to get on with a tax company to help.

Again I seriously doubt you have the educational requirements to sit for the CPA exam but if you do then you shouldnt even be asking how to get a job.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2013, 04:19:44 PM »
I wish Taylor the very best.

What I will say is that the CPA exam is not easy, by any stretch of the imagination.  While it isn't terribly difficult, it is very content heavy and does require you to cover much more than the basic principles you would get by way of a major in business administration.  I'd go a step further and say that even those that majored in Accounting from a well-ranked,undergraduate, Ivy-league business school would have a hard time.

An MBA in accounting would be a huge help, so if you truly wanted to go the MBA route and would like to get the CPA, consider getting an MBA in accounting.  Remember that the CPA exam is a very long exam (14 hours in length) and has 4 parts (REG, AUD, BUS & FAR).

I would recommend you work on getting into a review course prior to even pretending to sit for it, consider the Becker or Yeager CPA review courses as they are some of the better, if not best, courses available.  A large percentage of test takers fail the financial reporting and business sections and require much remedial work just to get a passing grade in those sections.

Best of luck Taylor...

"1"

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2013, 06:30:07 PM »
thank you tommy and onemorerep!!!

i do have the educational requirements for the CPA.

i do not have the work experience however. they require that you have at least 1 year experience working underneath the supervision of a CPA.  so if i want to get the CPA, and i think i do based on yoru replies and some more research i did on the subject after reading the replies, ill need to get a job that meets the requirement.

so it would be a year before i could take the test. and i could study in the mean time im actually taking a couple financial accounting classes at the moment and i find the material very enjoyable.

one more rep... it sounds like you work in the field? 

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2013, 06:58:55 PM »

i do not have the work experience however. they require that you have at least 1 year experience working underneath the supervision of a CPA.  so if i want to get the CPA, and i think i do based on yoru replies and some more research i did on the subject after reading the replies, ill need to get a job that meets the requirement.

so it would be a year before i could take the test. and i could study in the mean time im actually taking a couple financial accounting classes at the moment and i find the material very enjoyable.

I am an institutional trader for the firm I work with.  Many years before I sold out to Wall Street, I worked as an accountant servicing small-to-medium sized businesses by way of our family business (think to the tune of H&R block, but on a smaller scale with a couple of offices servicing Greek & Israeli businesses in the NY tri state area). 

I worked as a CPA for well over 10 years of my life and then realized that if I ever wanted to make more than 100K per year, I needed to trade my soul to the devil and become part of the kleptocratic priesthood of financial cowboys that reside deep within the seedy underbelly of Wall Street.

Take your time Taylor.  You're a young man with a bright future ahead of you.  I agree with the idea of getting intern work in the mean time in order to bulk up your resume and pick up new skills that can come in handy.

I wish you the absolute best,
"1"

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2013, 07:04:58 PM »

California's requirements must be less than Texas then. We require two years under a CPA for work experience.

At any rate you should check with your CPA board. In texas we can sit for the CPA exam and get the work experience after.

Seriously just putting that you meet the educational requirements to sit for CPA exam on your resume should be enough to get your foot in the door somewhere I would think.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2013, 07:10:29 PM »
Do what normal people do... start at the bottom.

I recommend the mail room and try to work your way up.

Getting a job in "management" out of the box is most likely not going to happen, nor should it... You have very little experience.

Good luck to you.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2013, 07:11:08 PM »
I am an institutional trader for the firm I work with.  Many years before I sold out to Wall Street, I worked as an accountant servicing small-to-medium sized businesses by way of our family business (think to the tune of H&R block, but on a smaller scale with a couple of offices servicing Greek & Israeli businesses in the NY tri state area).  

I worked as a CPA for well over 10 years of my life and then realized that if I ever wanted to make more than 100K per year, I needed to trade my soul to the devil and become part of the kleptocratic priesthood of financial cowboys that reside deep within the seedy underbelly of Wall Street.

Take your time Taylor.  You're a young man with a bright future ahead of you.  I agree with the idea of getting intern work in the mean time in order to bulk up your resume and pick up new skills that can come in handy.

I wish you the absolute best,
"1"
Ive toyed around with the idea of trying a small business doing the same that yours did book keeping, tax services maybe some consulting etc. for small and mid size businesses. What was your biggest issue with getting more profit? Did the company as a whole make decent money but you were salary?

Just curious as I am seriously considering doing something like this on the side with an eye on making a full transition.

Senior financial analyst, controllers, CFO's etc all make over 100K a year or should but I imagine a career in financial services is probably alot more fun.

Maddy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbigs Watchdog
« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2013, 07:14:49 PM »

tbombz
is too lazy
to succeed

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2013, 07:15:53 PM »
hope every one of those stupid fucks that voted for obama has to spend the next decade working for minimum wage.

Look. I know you`re a moron. You know you`re a moron; but maybe there are a few ignorant posters who have yet to experience the full retardedness that is HFF.  

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2013, 07:31:34 PM »
Look. I know you`re a moron. You know you`re a moron; but maybe there are a few ignorant posters who have yet to experience the full retardedness that is HFF.  

And your opinion means what? Sweet fuck all and less to the homeless guy with his dick in your ass.

Jism juggler.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: January 30, 2013, 07:34:17 PM »
Ive toyed around with the idea of trying a small business doing the same that yours did book keeping, tax services maybe some consulting etc. for small and mid size businesses. What was your biggest issue with getting more profit? Did the company as a whole make decent money but you were salary?

The problem was in trying to compete with much larger firms that were reaching into the proverbial cookie jar.

The same thing that typically happens to mom & pop businesses once Walmart comes around and monopolizes the market was happening to us.  The bigger firms are capable of providing the same product, albeit without the personalized touch that we offered, and to make matters worse, they would purposely lower their billing rates to the point where they were charging them a mere fraction of the total cost we would bill them for.  

The difference between us and them is that they are companies that span across states and have the capital to weather out the financial storm by way of quarterly and even yearly loses until they get their way.  In other words, they can charge those small-to-medium sized businesses a penny for their services and slowly gather them all and just keep charging pennies for their services until our own business becomes usurped by a lack of clientele and overall operating costs. The moral of the story is that money talks and while monopolies are illegal, they are real and have their ways.

Our advantage was that we had a strong hold on the Greek and Israeli businesses, but over time (and mainly due to their pricing scheme) we lost well over 40% of our clientele and that's when we decided to make our businesses seasonal and mainly have them run around tax time, while also servicing a decent number of businesses throughout the year whose owners are older and not too keen on working with big business firms.

That's when our family made the decision to keep our business, but simply restructure as to save on yearly costs.  I still dabble in it, but now I mainly work for one of the larger investment banking firms and make about 4-5x as much.

"1"

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2013, 07:36:07 PM »
And your opinion means what? Sweet fuck all and less to the homeless guy with his dick in your ass.

Jism juggler.
Keep flailing. Maybe you'll hit something...someday. Nothing sadder than an internet tough guy. 

el numero uno

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2013, 07:42:04 PM »

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #74 on: January 30, 2013, 07:44:02 PM »
Keep flailing. Maybe you'll hit something...someday. Nothing sadder than an internet tough guy. 

Your feigned indifference doesn't hide your crush on me.