Author Topic: Black Woman attacked for Carrying Confederate Flag.  (Read 26881 times)

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
  • Violence is not the answer. It is the question.
Re: Black Woman attacked for Carrying Confederate Flag.
« Reply #100 on: February 01, 2013, 05:34:58 PM »
What I find most amusing though is today`s Republicans try to claim Lincoln as one of their own, despite the fact that he is the embodiment of centralized power.

Agreed. One of Lincoln's keys to success was his stance right down the center. A deviation left or right would've probably destroyed him (and the U.S.).
The answer is "yes".

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #101 on: February 01, 2013, 05:35:59 PM »
TA- This text is from your link re: 75K volunteers.

President Lincoln's 75,000 Volunteers was a call by the President of the United States on April 15, 1861 to summon 75,000 militia to serve for three months following the bombardment and surrender of Fort Sumter. The proclamation further divided the Union and led to more states to secede from the United States of America to join the Confederate States of America.

I argue that after armed hostilities have commenced, Lincoln is well within in right as Commander in Chief to raise the necessary force required to respond.
South Carolina had already legally seceded on December 20, 1860.

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
« Reply #102 on: February 01, 2013, 05:37:21 PM »
South Carolina had already legally seceded on December 20, 1860.

Yes, but the difference here is armed hostilites and the fall of Federal forts.
The answer is "yes".

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: February 01, 2013, 05:45:59 PM »
Yes, but the difference here is armed hostilites and the fall of Federal forts.
Virginia Legally Seceded from the Union without action or hostility (as did the rest of the Confederate States), yet was invaded.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: February 01, 2013, 05:48:12 PM »
The Confederate States wanted to go in Peace.  Lincoln wouldn`t let them.

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
« Reply #105 on: February 01, 2013, 05:50:04 PM »
Virginia Legally Seceded from the Union without action or hostility (as did the rest of the Confederate States), yet was invaded.

con·fed·er·ate (kn-fdr-t)
n.
1. A member of a confederacy; an ally.
2. One who assists in a plot; an accomplice. See Synonyms at partner.
3. Confederate A supporter of the Confederate States of America.
adj.
1. United in a confederacy; allied.
2. Confederate Of or having to do with the Confederate States of America.
tr. & intr.v. (--rt) con·fed·er·at·ed, con·fed·er·at·ing, con·fed·er·ates
To form into or become part of a confederacy.

Once at war with the Confederacy -- then all members and allys are targets. Nature of warfare. Mainland Japan didn't bomb Pearl Harbor, it was an aircraft carrier -- we still declared war on Japan and all its interests.
The answer is "yes".

NotSure

• Getbig III
« Reply #106 on: February 01, 2013, 05:52:50 PM »
Also, slavery would have ended without the Civil War as it had ended every where else had Lincoln not decided to send to send an army to invade the South.  It really was a War of Northern Aggression.  Slavery would have ended very soon, (especially with advances in Agriculture and the Industrial Age) much more cleanly and without a war.

The key to making your mark in history though is to find the inevitable and take credit for it :).

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #107 on: February 01, 2013, 05:59:28 PM »
Bravo, TA, for giving a history lesson that society has become too pussified to give.

x 1,000,000

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: February 01, 2013, 06:00:21 PM »
If American History were taught as it should be, decades and decades ago, I believe there would be less racial tension and animosity between races.

Think about it, if Blacks learned that they too, owned Plantations and slaves as well as held positions in Society, the victim mentality would not be permissible nor would the stereotypical memes that they assume exist.

It has been a disservice to the Black Race that this has occurred.  Even Booker T. Washington had no idea that Blacks were Plantation owners and slave holders.

History is written by the victors

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: February 01, 2013, 06:01:01 PM »
The key to making your mark in history though is to find the inevitable and take credit for it :).
That is a very profound statement and beautiful quote.  I am definitely going to have to save that one!  

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: February 01, 2013, 06:05:00 PM »
Eat shit fuckrod, I deal with shit you couldn't even fucking imagine.

That's nothing to be proud of you worthless sack of shit.

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #111 on: February 01, 2013, 06:06:45 PM »
Fack no.. that shit sucked...

I just like information, im not making an opinion... just getting some information

Read at your own risk, once you find out the truth you aren't gonna be able to play the victim anymore.

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #112 on: February 01, 2013, 06:08:32 PM »
The Holocaust is nothing  compared to the crimes of slavery .

You might be the biggest fool in the history of the internet, all 5'7" of you.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: February 01, 2013, 06:09:51 PM »
con·fed·er·ate (kn-fdr-t)
n.
1. A member of a confederacy; an ally.
2. One who assists in a plot; an accomplice. See Synonyms at partner.
3. Confederate A supporter of the Confederate States of America.
adj.
1. United in a confederacy; allied.
2. Confederate Of or having to do with the Confederate States of America.
tr. & intr.v. (--rt) con·fed·er·at·ed, con·fed·er·at·ing, con·fed·er·ates
To form into or become part of a confederacy.

Once at war with the Confederacy -- then all members and allys are targets. Nature of warfare. Mainland Japan didn't bomb Pearl Harbor, it was an aircraft carrier -- we still declared war on Japan and all its interests.
Would you have voted for Lincoln?

I like the lie he espoused in his Inaugural Address:

Lincoln stated emphatically that he had "...no purpose, directly or indirectly, to interfere with the institution of slavery in the States where it exists. I believe I have no lawful right to do so, and I have no inclination to do so.

NotSure

• Getbig III
« Reply #114 on: February 01, 2013, 06:11:35 PM »
I like Lincoln. He preserved the union. Many historians regard him as the best president. I am caught between a few books right now. I am only 100 pages into Lincoln. Currently reading Sigma Lean Six for Numb Nuts.

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
« Reply #115 on: February 01, 2013, 06:17:00 PM »

I like the lie he espoused in his Inaugural Address:

Lincoln stated emphatically that he had "...no purpose, directly or indirectly, to interfere with the institution of slavery in the States where it exists. I believe I have no lawful right to do so, and I have no inclination to do so.

Lincoln was a creature of the Constitution. He believed that since the Constitution (at that time!) permitted slavery, he was duty bound to uphold it. The key words in your quote are "where it exists".

That's where Lincoln drew the line. He was ABSOLUTELY against slavery being incorporated into new states. The South very much wanted slavery to be incorporated into new states. This is a HUGE source of conflict and one of the biggest causes of the Civil War.

The outbreak of hostilities gave Lincoln a freedom of action that didn't exist when he made the quote. Later, he championed the Consitutional amendment outlawing slavery in the U.S. forever.

Lincoln thought that if slavery didn't spread to new states, it would eventually die out.

Would I have voted for him? Hard to say -- am I a Southerner owning 200 slaves or a Northerner? I think upbrining would play a role.
The answer is "yes".

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: February 01, 2013, 06:27:01 PM »
Lincoln was a creature of the Constitution. He believed that since the Constitution (at that time!) permitted slavery, he was duty bound to uphold it. The key words in your quote are "where it exists".

That's where Lincoln drew the line. He was ABSOLUTELY against slavery being incorporated into new states. The South very much wanted slavery to be incorporated into new states. This is a HUGE source of conflict and one of the biggest causes of the Civil War.

The outbreak of hostilities gave Lincoln a freedom of action that didn't exist when he made the quote. Later, he championed the Consitutional amendment outlawing slavery in the U.S. forever.

Lincoln thought that if slavery didn't spread to new states, it would eventually die out.

Would I have voted for him? Hard to say -- am I a Southerner owning 200 slaves or a Northerner? I think upbrining would play a role.
If you would have listened to everything Lincoln said Prior to March 4, 1861 as a Southerner owning 200 slaves (incredibly rare unless you were EXTREMELY wealthy), you would have had nothing to fear if you were to take him at his word. (although Lincoln had Zero support in the South)

That, I think, is the wisdom of Lincoln.  He had an incredible wisdom and political mind.  Moreso incredible being that he was elected on a complete minority.

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
« Reply #117 on: February 01, 2013, 06:29:36 PM »
If you would have listened to everything Lincoln said Prior to March 4, 1861 as a Southerner owning 200 slaves (incredibly rare unless you were EXTREMELY wealthy), you would have had nothing to fear if you were to take him at his word.

That, I think, is the wisdom of Lincoln.  He had an incredible wisdom and political mind.  Moreso incredible being that he was elected on a complete minority.

Agreed. However, the statements he makes have to be weighed in the light of pre-hostilities. War changes everything. Esp. for a President.
The answer is "yes".

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #118 on: February 01, 2013, 06:37:59 PM »
Lincoln was a tyrant.  Any leader who turns the troops on his own people is a barbarous tyrant.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: February 01, 2013, 07:21:42 PM »
Lincoln was a tyrant.  Any leader who turns the troops on his own people is a barbarous tyrant.
I don`t think the majority of the Founders would have sided with Lincoln, thats for sure.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: February 01, 2013, 07:23:27 PM »
I don`t think the majority of the Founders would have sided with Lincoln, thats for sure.

I've studied Lincoln and I've never understood the admiration.  People suddenly going nuts over Lincoln because of Daniel Day-Lewis is sickening.  They should have done 'Washington' or 'Jefferson'.

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #121 on: February 01, 2013, 07:24:47 PM »
Well.. I knew Adonis would drag me into his  ;)..  First offif the black women is proud of her ancestors then why is any appalled if she isn't? Most don't understand history in the least and those that profess to understand only know what academia has "taught" them..

what Adonis had said is 100 percent correct.. Numerous blacks, both freed and enslaved fought for the south.. Matter of fact when LEE invading the north before the battle of sharpsburg as they passed through some towns in Maryland many citizens were astounded at the number of blacks in the ranks.. Armed.. Some estimates put the number close to 3000 in this invasion alone..

Many slaves and freed blacks knew that the north was no safe haven for them and stayed in the south.. One only has to look at the Draft riots in New York ect to see what northern citizens did to freed blacks.. They burned orphanages  killing many children..

As for how the whole "affair" started.. Lincoln instigated the war.. The southern states seceded legally.. Northern fortifications were only fired on after they were given deadlines together out of various southern states.. Lincoln choose to keep the there to initiate the motive for war.. It was a calculated move that killed more than half a million men.. At this time the south was the "money maker" for the nation in cotton exports ect.. Lincolncould not lose that revenue.. It was not a holy war to save the union.. It was a war to subjugate the states to make the nation more money..

One only had to look at the lack of charges against the confederate president after the war.. He ws in prisoner for many years but was finally released.? Why? He legally did nothing wrong..

I could go on about Lincoln and the slavery myth ..but the only thing needed is his quote of " if I could preserve the union by getting rid of slavery I would do it.. If I could preserve the union by keeping slavery I would do that too.." As late as 1864 he was talking to confederate representatives about letting them keep their slaves if they would come back into the union under his rule.. He also had plans in place to ship all blacks back to colonize places in Africa.. Again, well documented but never brought up to protect his legacy..

The south already had plans to gradually eliminate slavery in place to appease England who wanted to see the south seceded but would only back them with troops if slavery was eliminated..

If you know history you will not be a fan of Lincoln.. Imprisoning thousands for espousing any view opposite of his.. Rigging elections ect.. Not a man that most have been taught to know.. As my father always told me " your 16th president was Jeff Davis.. Not that Lincoln fella"  ;D

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
« Reply #122 on: February 01, 2013, 07:30:26 PM »
Well.. I knew Adonis would drag me into his  ;)..  First offif the black women is proud of her ancestors then why is any appalled if she isn't? Most don't understand history in the least and those that profess to understand only know what academia has "taught" them..

what Adonis had said is 100 percent correct.. Numerous blacks, both freed and enslaved fought for the south.. Matter of fact when LEE invading the north before the battle of sharpsburg as they passed through some towns in Maryland many citizens were astounded at the number of blacks in the ranks.. Armed.. Some estimates put the number close to 3000 in this invasion alone..

Many slaves and freed blacks knew that the north was no safe haven for them and stayed in the south.. One only has to look at the Draft riots in New York ect to see what northern citizens did to freed blacks.. They burned orphanages  killing many children..

As for how the whole "affair" started.. Lincoln instigated the war.. The southern states seceded legally.. Northern fortifications were only fired on after they were given deadlines together out of various southern states.. Lincoln choose to keep the there to initiate the motive for war.. It was a calculated move that killed more than half a million men.. At this time the south was the "money maker" for the nation in cotton exports ect.. Lincolncould not lose that revenue.. It was not a holy war to save the union.. It was a war to subjugate the states to make the nation more money..

One only had to look at the lack of charges against the confederate president after the war.. He ws in prisoner for many years but was finally released.? Why? He legally did nothing wrong..

I could go on about Lincoln and the slavery myth ..but the only thing needed is his quote of " if I could preserve the union by getting rid of slavery I would do it.. If I could preserve the union by keeping slavery I would do that too.." As late as 1864 he was talking to confederate representatives about letting them keep their slaves if they would come back into the union under his rule.. He also had plans in place to ship all blacks back to colonize places in Africa.. Again, well documented but never brought up to protect his legacy..

The south already had plans to gradually eliminate slavery in place to appease England who wanted to see the south seceded but would only back them with troops if slavery was eliminated..

If you know history you will not be a fan of Lincoln.. Imprisoning thousands for espousing any view opposite of his.. Rigging elections ect.. Not a man that most have been taught to know.. As my father always told me " your 16th president was Jeff Davis.. Not that Lincoln fella"  ;D

I disagree with your post. And I question if you have been influenced by your upbringing.
The answer is "yes".

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #123 on: February 01, 2013, 07:31:54 PM »
Disagree all ya want... Point out what you have "issue with and we will debate it..

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: February 01, 2013, 07:32:28 PM »
I disagree with your post. And I question if you have been influenced by your upbringing.
What specifically do you disagree with?  I find it to be 100 percent accurate.