Author Topic: anyone here have much success with "spot gaining"?  (Read 6056 times)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
Re: anyone here have much success with "spot gaining"?
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2013, 06:58:07 AM »
could the elbow pain be also a result of heavy dips i think you do? preacher curls you have to do strict...emphasis on strict..people only get elbow problems on these because of bad form,too much weight. I have never had a problem with preacher curls. Maybe better using Dumbbells too so you can move a bit more freely.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2013, 07:03:35 AM »
could the elbow pain be also a result of heavy dips i think you do? preacher curls you have to do strict...emphasis on strict..people only get elbow problems on these because of bad form,too much weight. I have never had a problem with preacher curls. Maybe better using Dumbbells too so you can move a bit more freely.

well, i've had this elbow strain off and on for about 6 months now and i only started doing the dips about 6 weeks ago

i strained it before doing heavy db alternate curls and heavy db hammer curls

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2013, 07:11:18 AM »
well, i've had this elbow strain off and on for about 6 months now and i only started doing the dips about 6 weeks ago

i strained it before doing heavy db alternate curls and heavy db hammer curls
get it looked at.. no one here can say for sure whatīs wrong. could even be your bicep tendon near the elbow...only a Doctor can say..
http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00376

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2013, 07:16:05 AM »
canīt be a serious problem though if you can still chin and dip and a tendon tear i doubt but i think the link above has a lot of good info and for other muscles too. I like reading it all.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2013, 09:40:01 AM »
canīt be a serious problem though if you can still chin and dip and a tendon tear i doubt but i think the link above has a lot of good info and for other muscles too. I like reading it all.

you're right, it's not a tear of any kind or i couldn't do chins

it's just a strain of some sort i imagine

it's just too bad that lifting heavier loads is a direct requirement for making bigger muscles

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2013, 09:43:43 AM »
I enjoy ez bar reverse curls on a Preacher bench...this really works my outer forearms...strict and no swinging. Infact as i wrote on the mature thread mine need more attention. njflex has great lower arms. I also feel my forearms on Deadlifts too and Dumbbell shrugs. I have started to do clean and press (from the waist which really hits them too, along with my traps).

I have done reverse preacher curls in the past. Really an excellent forearm movement, big fan of these.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2013, 09:48:48 AM »
you're right, it's not a tear of any kind or i couldn't do chins

it's just a strain of some sort i imagine

it's just too bad that lifting heavier loads is a direct requirement for making bigger muscles
Rest is required.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2013, 10:33:19 AM »
Rest is required.

well man, soft tissue injuries require a full 21 days to heal completely

and there is no fucking way in hell that i'm gonna take 21 days off, forget about it

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2013, 10:55:07 AM »
well man, soft tissue injuries require a full 21 days to heal completely

and there is no fucking way in hell that i'm gonna take 21 days off, forget about it
You have wore yourself out, you might not want to take 21 off but you may not be able do training for 21 you can't determine that your body will.