Author Topic: Chris Kyle Murdered at Texas Gun Range......Wow!!!  (Read 10430 times)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Chris Kyle Murdered at Texas Gun Range......Wow!!!
« on: February 03, 2013, 06:05:21 AM »
He must have been shot from behind....no way he would have let that happen.

Chris Kyle, a former U.S. Navy SEAL credited with the largest number of confirmed kills, was one of two people fatally shot at a North Texas shooting range Saturday, Texas Highway Patrol confirmed to Fox News.

Erath County Sheriff Tommy Bryant told the Star-Telegram that Kyle, 38, was shot by a suspected gunman, identified as 25-year-old Eddie Ray Routh, around 3:30 p.m.

Routh allegedly opened fire on the two men before fleeing in a pickup truck belonging to one of the victims, according to the report.

Routh was apprehended and taken into custody in Lancaster, southeast of Dallas, where he was arraigned on two counts of capital murder.

35-year-old Chad Littlefield was also killed in the shooting.

Kyle set the record for confirmed sniper kills at 150 and received multiple valor awards, including five Bronze Stars with Valor and two Silver Stars, according to US military records.

Kyle wrote the best-selling book, "American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History," detailing his 150-plus kills of insurgents from 1999 to 2009.

Kyle was sued by former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura over a portion of the book that claims Kyle punched Ventura in a 2006 bar fight over unpatriotic remarks. Ventura says the punch never happened and that the claim by Kyle defamed him.

Kyle had asked that Ventura's claims of invasion of privacy and "unjust enrichment" be dismissed, saying there was no legal basis for them. But a federal judge said the lawsuit should proceed. Both sides were told to be ready for trial by Aug. 1.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/03/navy-seal-chris-kyle-fatally-shot-at-texas-shooting-range-report-says/#ixzz2JqRPBVki
A

Dreadlifter

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Chris Kyle Murdered at Texas Gun Range......Wow!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 06:30:09 AM »
Not so tough after all. Ventura is clearly a powerful man.......

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 06:31:41 AM »
Government op.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 06:37:29 AM »
best to be non confrontational
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 06:37:59 AM »
gotta love the military motto of having "wars" to bring "peace"
A

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 06:43:35 AM »
Iris Kyle

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 07:05:05 AM »

Yes, the shooter was a veteran with PTSD that they had taken under their wing, and invited shooting. They were busy with something else, and the shooter grabbed a rifle and shot them. Kyle was shot in the back.

Longer, more depth article -

http://www.stripes.com/news/us/chris-kyle-military-s-deadliest-sniper-is-killed-on-texas-gun-range-1.206312#disqus_thread .

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 07:07:24 AM »

Yes, the shooter was a veteran with PTSD that they had taken under their wing, and invited shooting. They were busy with something else, and the shooter grabbed a rifle and shot them. Kyle was shot in the back.

Longer, more depth article -

http://www.stripes.com/news/us/chris-kyle-military-s-deadliest-sniper-is-killed-on-texas-gun-range-1.206312#disqus_thread .

Things are getting fng nuts.  That bogus seal commander suicide one this?   Call my cynical.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 07:48:18 AM »
Live by the gun, die by the gun .

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 07:55:22 AM »
psy op- let's wait for the cointel proman's spin.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2013, 12:00:12 PM »

there's 12 year olds in africa with more kills than that  ;D

slate

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2013, 12:29:27 PM »
there's 12 year olds in africa with more kills than that  ;D

it takes guts and can be very useful of course but in my book being a sniper is shitty thing to do
 to look at people in the eye and shoot them without any warning , bad karma

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2013, 12:32:41 PM »
OOpps, I just started a thread on this, didn't realise their already was one.

I'll just post the contents of that thread here.

I guess Jessie Ventura doesn't have to worry any more, and I think "live by the sword, die by the sword" is applicable here."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since retiring from the Navy SEALs, Chris Kyle, who was known as America's deadliest sniper, would occasionally take fellow veterans shooting as a kind of therapy to salve battlefield scars.

Kyle, author of the best-selling book American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History, was with a struggling former soldier on just such an outing on Saturday, hoping a day at a shooting range would bring some relief, said a friend, Travis Cox.

But Texas authorities said Sunday that for unknown reasons, the man turned on Kyle and a second man, Chad Littlefield, shooting and killing both before fleeing.

The booking photo of Eddie Ray Routh, suspected in the shooting and killing of Chris Kyle and another man at a shooting range.

"Chad and Chris had taken a veteran out to shoot to try to help him," Cox said. "And they were killed."

On Sunday, the police identified the shooter as Eddie Ray Routh, a 25-year-old veteran with a history of mental illness who had served in both Iraq and Afghanistan. The police offered no information about a possible motive.

A spokesman for the state Department of Public Safety's Highway Patrol Division, Sgt. Lonny Haschel, said in a statement that Routh shot the men at about 3:30 p.m. on Saturday, at the Rough Creek Lodge, an exclusive shooting range near Glen Rose, about 50 miles southwest of Fort Worth. Routh then fled in a pickup truck and was arrested on Saturday night at his home in Lancaster, a southern Dallas suburb. He has been charged with two counts of capital murder, Haschel said.

Cox, the director of a foundation that Kyle created, said he was not acquainted with Routh, but said that Kyle had devoted his life since his military retirement to helping fellow soldiers overcome post-traumatic stress.

In 2011, Kyle created the FITCO Cares Foundation, to provide veterans with exercise equipment and counseling. He believed that exercise coupled with the camaraderie of fellow veterans could help former soldiers ease back into civilian life.

"He served this country with extreme honor, but came home and was a servant leader in helping his brothers and sisters dealing with post-traumatic stress disorder," Cox, also a former military sniper, said by telephone.

Kyle, who lived outside of Dallas, had his own difficulties adjusting after retiring from the SEALs in 2009. He was deployed in Iraq during the worst years of the insurgency, perched in or on top of bombed out apartment buildings with his .300 Winchester Magnum.
He became proficient at his job, racking up more than 150 kills and becoming the scourge of Iraqi insurgents, who put a price on his head and reportedly nicknamed him the "Devil of Ramadi."

He preferred to think of his job not as killing bad guys, but saving the good.

"I feel pretty good because I am not just killing someone, I am also saving people," he said in a Jan. 2012 interview with The Dallas Morning News. "What keeps me up at night is not the people that I have killed. It is the people I wasn't able to save."

V

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2013, 12:35:40 PM »

Chris Kyle, a former U.S. Navy SEAL credited with the largest number of confirmed kills, was one of two people fatally shot at a North Texas shooting range Saturday, Texas Highway Patrol confirmed to Fox News.

Erath County Sheriff Tommy Bryant told the Star-Telegram that Kyle, 38, was shot by a suspected gunman, identified as 25-year-old Eddie Ray Routh, around 3:30 p.m.

Routh allegedly opened fire on the two men before fleeing in a pickup truck belonging to one of the victims, according to the report.

Routh was apprehended and taken into custody in Lancaster, southeast of Dallas, where he was arraigned on two counts of capital murder.

Kyle set the record for confirmed sniper kills at 150 and received multiple valor awards, including five Bronze Stars with Valor and two Silver Stars, according to US military records.

Kyle wrote the best-selling book, "American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History," detailing his 150-plus kills of insurgents from 1999 to 2009.

Kyle was sued by former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura over a portion of the book that claims Kyle punched Ventura in a 2006 bar fight over unpatriotic remarks. Ventura says the punch never happened and that the claim by Kyle defamed him.

Kyle had asked that Ventura's claims of invasion of privacy and "unjust enrichment" be dismissed, saying there was no legal basis for them. But a federal judge said the lawsuit should proceed. Both sides were told to be ready for trial by Aug. 1.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/03/navy-seal-chris-kyle-fatally-shot-at-texas-shooting-range-report-says/#ixzz2JqRPBVki

why would he be proud of punching out jesse ventura. jesse was an old man in 2006.
F

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2013, 12:40:09 PM »
why would he be proud of punching out jesse ventura. jesse was an old man in 2006.
because Jessie turned up at a military Funeral and started mouthing off how they deserved to lose a few soldiers!  Some of the soldiers didn't take too kindly too this.  Their is a time and place!
V

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2013, 12:41:04 PM »
That little twink has jailhouse bottom written all over him.

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • My dog fucks the little girl fivesilvernickels.
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2013, 12:41:33 PM »

That's really sad. He was shot by someone he was only trying to help out of the goodness of his heart. RIP.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2013, 12:43:21 PM »
On a positive note, the PTSD shooter they were trying to help got to blow off some steam and is feeling better now.

Ironically, he was safer in a war-zone than in his own COUNTRY, God Bless America, it must be the only Industrialised Nation that is more dangerous for a civilian than being at war.
V

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2013, 12:55:29 PM »
because Jessie turned up at a military Funeral and started mouthing off how they deserved to lose a few soldiers!  Some of the soldiers didn't take too kindly too this.  Their is a time and place!
still won't punch him though. i'm just saying where is the honor in punching an old windbag.
F

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2013, 01:11:13 PM »

Things are getting fng nuts.  That bogus seal commander suicide one this?   Call my cynical.

What bogus suicide?

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2013, 01:15:58 PM »
I always take my unstable antisocial friends to a gun range and give them a gun. It just makes good sense.
a

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2013, 01:18:19 PM »
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

I imagine if he had more guns he would have been OK, he just didn't have enough guns!  All ex-snipers should have an armed guard to protect them!  maybe the shooting range should be a Gun free Zone! Then none of this would have happened.
V

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • My dog fucks the little girl fivesilvernickels.
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2013, 01:26:54 PM »
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

I imagine if he had more guns he would have been OK, he just didn't have enough guns!  All ex-snipers should have an armed guard to protect them!  maybe the shooting range should be a Gun free Zone! Then none of this would have happened.

They should have been using water guns, it seems. ;D

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2013, 01:53:14 PM »
UPDATE:

Authorities say a 25-year-old military veteran used a semi-automatic handgun to kill former Navy SEAL and "American Sniper" author Chris Kyle and his friend at a Texas gun range.

Capt. Jason Upshaw with the Erath County Sheriff's Office says the handgun was found at Routh's home.

Routh is accused of killing 38-year-old Kyle and 35-year-old Chad Littlefield at the Rough Creek Lodge shooting range Saturday evening. Authorities say Routh had come to the range with Kyle and Littlefield.

Police say that after the shootings, Routh drove to his sister's home in Midlothian and told his sister and brother-in-law what he had done. After he left, his relatives called the police.

Upshaw says Routh has not made any comments as to what his motive was.
V