Author Topic: your experience with liars ( pathological ?)  (Read 4827 times)

Jovo

• Getbig III
  • Getbig !
your experience with liars ( pathological ?)
« on: February 03, 2013, 06:43:14 AM »
What is getbig's experience with people who lie alot, lie about big and little things, make up stories about them selves and are just inconsistent about EVERYthing they say. I unfortunately know a character like this, lies about everything, just simply bullshits and makes up stories on the spot and they are always changing... i dont understand these people, can the wise men of get big share their knowledge and experience ??

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
Re: your experience with liars ( pathological ?)
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 06:47:16 AM »
It's like drugs - once you're hooked... lies keep flying.

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 06:49:33 AM »

The weirdest thing is, most of the time there really is no reason to lie in the first place for these kind of persons.
It's like they even can't speak truth.

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 06:53:08 AM »
I never saw it.

I really thought I would have been able to tell, but it was only after the fact that I was able to connect all the dots.

The guy was a good friend of mine who had a drug problem I didn't know about. He left Australia and went back to Scotland leaving a mountain of debt, a wife, a baby son and lots of very confused friends.

He was a highly paid executive and the only thing I ever wondered about, was why he was driving a Toyota Corolla (which he did upgrade) and why was he renting a house, but I figured it was none of my business to ask. His housing concerns were his business not mine.

All the other weirdness he did to hide his tracks I just accepted blindly because he was a friend.

That was about 12 years ago and I'm still surprised he fooled so many people so close to him but I guess when you want to believe someone you will.

Jovo

• Getbig III
  • Getbig !
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 06:54:29 AM »
The weirdest thing is, most of the time there really is no reason to lie in the first place for these kind of persons.

exactly. lies for no fucking reason. I dont ask him anything and he talks lies to me, seriously it is pissing me off.

I mean i understand that at times you need to lie , but that isn't usually out of no where, i mean if someone on the street asked you if you rack coke then you can justify lying, since this person is being rude and asking something that has nothing to do with him, but if you lie about EVERY little thing, i dont know and dont understand simply put, it blows my mind.

True Amateur

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 06:57:10 AM »
Interrogation 101: you have to ask YOURSELF why this person feels he can lie to you and you'll believe the lies. You lack LEVERAGE. Develop a quiet demeanor and a pair of eyes that see right through people. When he lies again, put on a poker face and focus your eyes at the space between his eyes and do not blink. He will become nervous and fidgety. Then, after holding this gaze for another uncomfortable moment, you raise the corners of your mouth into a faint smile. You will let him know that you are a human lie detector. Then proceed gathering info from the subject.

Right now he simply doesn't respect you.

Jovo

• Getbig III
  • Getbig !
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 07:04:49 AM »
Interrogation 101: you have to ask YOURSELF why this person feels he can lie to you and you'll believe the lies. You lack LEVERAGE. Develop a quiet demeanor and a pair of eyes that see right through people. When he lies again, put on a poker face and focus your eyes at the space between his eyes and do not blink. He will become nervous and fidgety. Then, after holding this gaze for another uncomfortable moment, you raise the corners of your mouth into a faint smile. You will let him know that you are a human lie detector. Then proceed gathering info from the subject.

Right now he simply doesn't respect you.

good post, i will try this out tommorow.

And yes, i find this really disrespectful that this guy thinks he is fooling me, im def. not a genius but i have enough brains to get around on my own and i noticed this guy lying from the start, in all honesty i want to call him out on it, but i can't for a certain reason ( currently)

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 07:05:28 AM »
an ex colleague of mine used to make up the most ridiculous self glorifying stories

he was the laughing stock of the company

dumb prick

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 07:20:47 AM »
First off, if there's anyone on getbig who tells these lies, just know that IRL. WE KNOW YOU'RE LYING,,,,!

Dumbass.

Now, with my experience its usually people with adhd. Emphasis on the "h".  "H" does not stand for hyperactive, it means pathological, compulsive liar.

D.O.U.P

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 07:59:44 AM »
Good topic.

I've been around people that CONSTANTLY LIE, I usually expose it right in there face and not in nice way ;D It's best to make them understand that you DO NOT ACCEPT THE CRAP THEY ARE SLINGING. Sometimes I LAUGH, other times confrontational.

Why do they they fucking lie?

Lying is COMFORTABLE TO THEM. It's a SICK HABIT.

Make it CLEAR to them that YOU AREN'T A CHUMP.

It won't make them STOP LYING but it WILL MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER ;D

godeep

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2013, 08:31:49 AM »
My brother in law is one and has been since he was a child.

Our end of the family finally reached our limit for his bullshit and cut him off. Fuck him.
l

ether

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2013, 08:41:05 AM »

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2013, 08:50:31 AM »
I was friends with 2 brothers who were notoriously for lying. Everything that came out of their mouth was a lie. I didn't see them for a good 5 months, and when I finally saw them, one of the brothers told me he spent the last 5 months in the armed forces as a navy seal and was fighting in one of the middle eastern wars. Previously to that, he had no military training. I didn't know one could enlist, become a navy seal, and be shipped off all in a matter of 5 months.  ::) ::)

I have not talked to these brothers in a good 5 years. Cut off all contact. Eventually there lies got old and I did not want to deal with it any more.
X

NotSure

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2013, 08:56:15 AM »
What is getbig's experience with people who lie alot, lie about big and little things, make up stories about them selves and are just inconsistent about EVERYthing they say. I unfortunately know a character like this, lies about everything, just simply bullshits and makes up stories on the spot and they are always changing... i dont understand these people, can the wise men of get big share their knowledge and experience ??

Your mom lies to you and your daddy all the time when she says she is faithful and loyal to the family.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2013, 09:00:53 AM »
good post, i will try this out tommorow.

And yes, i find this really disrespectful that this guy thinks he is fooling me, im def. not a genius but i have enough brains to get around on my own and i noticed this guy lying from the start, in all honesty i want to call him out on it, but i can't for a certain reason ( currently)
You can`t call him on it because you don`t want to make him feel uncomfortable/embarrassed and you don`t want to be viewed as a threat and feel embarrassed yourself for doing so-therefore nobody says anything and it continues as if it were all true.  This is part of the reason how religion and the power of suggestion work.  

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2013, 09:03:06 AM »
i had an apprentice that lived his whole life in a dream world, he even lied about his age, creepy fucker!

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2013, 09:06:11 AM »
Im a cop, that Job make me paranoid, i trust no one
asstropin

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2013, 09:49:04 AM »
I seem to attract these type of fucking idiots, I have heared some of the most outragous lies that it defies belief that they even expect anyone to believe them.
A few of them ive heard over time.

Bloke said that he banged the back of his head so hard both eyeballs fell out, and he walked to the doctors holding them up on the palms of his hands so he could see and the doctor put them back in.

One twat we used to drink with came in one saturday and said a plane had just crashed in the field behind the bus stop he was waiting in.

Another was walking across a field aproaching a duck pond and a duck took off and he was so fast he took his boot off and threw it hitting the duck and killing it.

There is a woman who is prob most hated woman in town has been tellin anyone who will listen that she has cancer for the last 10 years.

Fucking morons

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2013, 09:51:32 AM »

are you telling us the truth here?
c

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • My dog fucks the little girl fivesilvernickels.
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2013, 09:53:32 AM »
are you telling us the truth here?

There are lots of liars in government too.

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2013, 10:19:22 AM »
This man says he's natural for life, is he a liar?

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2013, 10:24:00 AM »
This man says he's natural for life, is he a liar?

juiced to the gils

ukjeff

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2013, 10:25:59 AM »
would you like to post a photo of what you believe is the best possible body built naturally.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2013, 10:34:26 AM »

^
this
a

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2013, 11:32:29 AM »
mentally incompetent sociopaths.