Author Topic: Future  (Read 1624 times)

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
Future
« on: February 06, 2013, 09:56:08 AM »
Is it just me, or is that laptops and desktops are becoming more and more obsolete? Not to mention big dog Dell is going to privatize his corporation. But I have a feeling the new era of generation will lean more towards smartphones and ipads/tablets. Probably because it's more convenient, portable, and easier to navigate for everyday use. And also while we're on the subject, I have a feeling phone companies will start loosing money as more users start to use WiFi and free texting apps instead of buying data usage.

- Discuss
#

gym**rat

• Getbig V
Re: Future
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 01:47:05 PM »
Desktops are already basically obsolete. What use is a labtop now that they have on board storage and the fact you can watch any movie or play any game off the net. That eliminates the need for any type of drive.

MikMaq

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 01:54:03 PM »
Flat out wrong, desktop`s will make a resurgence.

Ipads, and shit are horrible for your neck and back.

Give it ten years and their be a wave of workers comp lawsuits, followed by the end of such gimmicky toys.

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 02:13:46 PM »
you obviously never have to type out pages and pages of text, or editing graphics, or coding.

tablets and smart phones are for surfing, media and comms. useless for productivity.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 03:44:45 PM »
you obviously never have to type out pages and pages of text, or editing graphics, or coding.

tablets and smart phones are for surfing, media and comms. useless for productivity.

This

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 03:47:35 PM »
Flat out wrong, desktop`s will make a resurgence.

Ipads, and shit are horrible for your neck and back.

Give it ten years and their be a wave of workers comp lawsuits, followed by the end of such gimmicky toys.

Want to bet on this?
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 03:48:57 PM »

They will adapt to be better at this stuff.   Smaller and more portable is the direction all this is going.

People in my office run books of business that deliver millions off iPads.
Y

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 03:52:00 PM »
Desktops are not obsolete, especially when it comes to graphic design (CAD/CAM in my case) and gaming. I wouldn't do either of those on a tablet or laptop, ever.

MikMaq

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2013, 03:57:02 PM »
They will adapt to be better at this stuff.   Smaller and more portable is the direction all this is going.

People in my office run books of business that deliver millions off iPads.
It`s horrible for ergonomics, and this will be a major major cost of doing business in north america in 10-15 years.

It`s physically impossible to use an Ipad or any small device ergonomically.

And yes I`d bet on this.

It`s gonna be a major major issue in the coming years.

there`s already tons of issue being reported with people who have less than ten years of exposure to such technologies,

when the economy requires one to work until 65, spending 50 years in front of hand helds will be disaster.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2013, 04:02:08 PM »
It`s horrible for ergonomics, and this will be a major major cost of doing business in north america in 10-15 years.

It`s physically impossible to use an Ipad or any small device ergonomically.

And yes I`d bet on this.

It`s gonna be a major major issue in the coming years.

there`s already tons of issue being reported with people who have less than ten years of exposure to such technologies,

when the economy requires one to work until 65, spending 50 years in front of hand helds will be disaster.

lol - sitting at a desk on a PC all day is considered one of the worst things you can do, ergonomically speaking.   There's entire industries built on coping/preventing the damage from it.

But, in the digital world, mobile is everything right now.  It's not going to trend backwards because of ergonomically driven lawsuits.  
Y

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2013, 04:04:04 PM »
Ratard you know they make case/accessories that basically take a tablet and make it a laptop/Desktop right?

youre being an idiot as usual.

Once tablets have the same ability to run programs like office or an ERP system they will continue their climb and when the come back down in price they will move alot of units.

I dont think they will ever replace desktops but I would say that laptops are pretty much done.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2013, 04:04:46 PM »
lol - sitting at a desk on a PC all day is considered one of the worst things you can do, ergonomically speaking.   There's entire industries built on coping/preventing the damage from it.

But, in the digital world, mobile is everything right now.  It's not going to trend backwards because of ergonomically driven lawsuits. 
yup, I have back and neck problems b/c I sit at a desk all day...

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2013, 04:54:28 PM »
I still don`t understand how anyone can get anything done without a keyboard on a 5 inch screen.  This is precisely why communication/conversation, even over the internet, is becoming less and less intelligent.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2013, 05:21:44 PM »
Is it just me, or is that laptops and desktops are becoming more and more obsolete? Not to mention big dog Dell is going to privatize his corporation. But I have a feeling the new era of generation will lean more towards smartphones and ipads/tablets. Probably because it's more convenient, portable, and easier to navigate for everyday use. And also while we're on the subject, I have a feeling phone companies will start loosing money as more users start to use WiFi and free texting apps instead of buying data usage.

- Discuss
Printing is a problem you have to buy special printers for these devices.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2013, 05:23:04 PM »
I still don`t understand how anyone can get anything done without a keyboard on a 5 inch screen.  This is precisely why communication/conversation, even over the internet, is becoming less and less intelligent.
Yea I agree, you can definitely get by without a keyboard but its much easier with one.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2013, 05:23:41 PM »
Yes

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2013, 05:28:37 PM »

- Discuss
Only if you don't plan to do work with your computing devices.

They still have not found a way to make these tablets and smartphones useful to people working with spreadsheets, content creation etc. Yes they have tried but desktops / workstations / servers dominate. Perhaps this will change in the future but not yet.

NotSure

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2013, 05:31:47 PM »
Just think. A whole new generation of gimmicks with nothing to say but lolumadbro. fagbishass.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2013, 09:56:16 PM »
Shrink everything so you have to keep it in your pocket next to your balls...Start the kids out young so by the time they reach puberty, their chance of ever having a healthy child is greatly diminished into adulthood. Depopulation agenda in full force.

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2013, 10:18:17 PM »
lol - sitting at a desk on a PC all day is considered one of the worst things you can do, ergonomically speaking.

Would you rather work 8 hours using a desktop or an iPad? Work, not surf the web/use apps.

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2013, 10:23:15 PM »
At work you need PC. This is obvious.

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2013, 10:50:40 PM »
At work you need PC. This is obvious.

Grape Ape made it sound like it's the worst thing you can do. Trying to get work done on a iPad would destroy anyone's sanity in a day. It's a cool toy of course.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2013, 11:01:35 PM »
I thought this was about the rapper/singer...Turn on the Lights
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future_(rapper)

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2013, 02:34:54 AM »
Grape Ape made it sound like it's the worst thing you can do. Trying to get work done on a iPad would destroy anyone's sanity in a day. It's a cool toy of course.

X2

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2013, 03:23:36 AM »
Tablets and smartphones = amusement.

Muse = To think.

Amuse = to not think.

Smart Phone = Stupidity.