Author Topic: The Bible backs up gun ownership  (Read 9632 times)

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • My dog fucks the little girl fivesilvernickels.

Stefano

• Getbig III
Re: The Bible backs up gun ownership
« Reply #151 on: February 08, 2013, 09:58:46 PM »
Sure.

http://jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/false_religions.htm#islam

Thank you
How would you answer those islamists who claim the quran is superior to the bible?

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #152 on: February 08, 2013, 10:02:45 PM »
Thank you
How would you answer those islamists who claim the quran is superior to the bible?

It's there in the link. There are quite a few articles in there that cover what you want to know. Basically the Bible is the inspired word of God whereas the Quran is but an error-ridden counterfeit.

http://jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/false_religions.htm#islam

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #153 on: February 09, 2013, 12:56:29 AM »
Question: "Why does God allow birth defects?"

A subject close to your heart!
V

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #154 on: February 09, 2013, 12:57:57 AM »
A subject close to your heart!

I thought you said you didn't make fun of people, and that people that made fun of others deserve to be physically attacked? ???

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: February 09, 2013, 01:11:46 AM »
I thought you said you didn't make fun of people, and that people that made fun of others deserve to be physically attacked? ???
I never said I didn't make fun of people.  Nor did I say that those that do need to be physically attacked.  Online I make fun of those who make fun of others, I wouldn't just seek out someone I have never interacted with on GETBIG and start sending them PM's about how I fucked their mother.   Online, their is no potential for physical harm and the other part can easily protect themselves or disengage.  My comment was in relation to practical jokers approaching STRANGERS in public and attempting to publicly humiliate or denigrate them.  

If it was just his mates doing this shit to each other, like say the JACKASS crew, who cares, they are obviously in on the gag and accepting of it, or if they were doing it in response to someone giving them shit or a hard time, I would understand, but this guy is just doing it COLD, initiating an unwanted interaction that the other party soon learns is to humiliate them for shits and giggles on Youtube.  

The fact is, when individuals are in public, they are more exposed and vulnerable to strangers than when they are say at home or at work.  This is why people essentially ignore each other in public, any gesture by someone you don't know could be conceived as a threat and end badly, this is why a Reasonable person wouldn't engage in such behaviour, even though the potential for a laugh is there, the potential for conflict isn't worth the risk.   By all means, go out there and try this shit on the unsuspecting public, but just hope you don't run into me.

Let me ask you, if you had a young son, would you encourage this type of behaviour?
V

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #156 on: February 09, 2013, 06:51:00 AM »

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: February 09, 2013, 08:06:17 AM »
The bible backs up people ownership as well

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #158 on: February 09, 2013, 04:34:13 PM »
By all means, go out there and try this shit on the unsuspecting public, but just hope you don't run into me.

hahahahah!  I assume you won't be armed? ???

pecster

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #159 on: February 11, 2013, 12:13:56 PM »
Wrong, Security 1.  I *am* a homosexual, and proudly so, but that doesn't color what I feel about Fundies and other hate groups.
Christ = love, supposedly.  Have you gone through this thread and seen the vitriolic, mean-spirited, hate-drenched replies from Christians to those that disagree with them?  What was it Jesus said?  Turn the other cheek.  Not hate these who don't believe the same way.  *That's* the problem with Jesus' followers.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: February 11, 2013, 12:22:23 PM »
Sigh, since God is infinitely higher than us than how on earth can we hope to touch Him? It's like the characters in a book trying to reach out to their author and his world. Of course it's impossible because they're stuck in the world of that book.
So Humans inability to detect GOD is like the inability of fictional characters from a book trying to reach out to their author and his world (lol)  Seriously, you compare humans to fictional characters, is their no end to the inane observations and comparisons you make.  That would have to be the most retarded analogy I have ever heard.  Has it occurred to you, that their is no reason why humanity shouldn't be able to detect a divine being and that one possible reason is that GOD doesn't exist!
V

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #161 on: February 11, 2013, 12:47:43 PM »
So Humans inability to detect GOD is like the inability of fictional characters from a book trying to reach out to their author and his world (lol)  Seriously, you compare humans to fictional characters, is their no end to the inane observations and comparisons you make.  That would have to be the most retarded analogy I have ever heard.  Has it occurred to you, that their is no reason why humanity shouldn't be able to detect a divine being and that one possible reason is that GOD doesn't exist!

That's just an analogy, asswipe. I never said it was perfect but it does hold true. Going by how fuckin' stupid you are, if you say something the opposite must be true which means that the analogy is actually a brilliant one, so thanks, dipshit. You missed the whole point of the analogy that creation cannot reach out to the Creator so go back and consider it again. How the fuck can humans detect a being that is divine and Spirit when they are NOT divine at all and are physical beings? Just as the fictional characters are in their own world totally unable to touch the author in HIS own world, infinitely MORE so are humans unable to touch or detect God. After all the author is only above his fictional creation in a limited sense and yet the characters are totally separated from him so consider that God is INFINITELY higher than us His creation so how much infinitely less able are we to reach Him solely on our efforts, regardless of our (puny) intelligence? Again, no matter how great we are we are still only the creations; God is the OMNISCIENT AND INFINITELY WISE AND INTELLIGENT CREATOR; if you don't understand the gulf between the two then consider my analogy again to help you grasp this basic concept. Surely it shouldn't be too hard for even you to get seeing as the analogy is a rather straightforward one. And don't make retarded statements like it being possible that God doesn't exist when all things indubitably testify to His existence and power, not even mentioning the fact that the word of God (the Bible) guarantees God's existence and reign.