Author Topic: Alzheimers Epidemic  (Read 2475 times)

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
Re: Alzheimers Epidemic
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 04:31:34 PM »
Hmm, I wasn't aware of this. Interesting read, thanks!

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 04:33:48 PM »
Wow, interesting stuff, I've never read that article before. Thanks!

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 04:37:20 PM »
Cool read, I didn't know any of that stuff. Thanks for the post bro.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 04:37:51 PM »
 ;D

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 04:38:35 PM »
geez do they always forget to add that this is an ordinary trend with population growth , wont the population be about triple of that now by 2050?
A

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 04:42:40 PM »
Cool read, I didn't know any of that stuff. Thanks for the post bro.

:D

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 04:52:23 PM »
cant wait until one day they realize it spreads because of some basic transformed food that was suposed to be entirely "safe"... or wifi conexions etc.

littledumbells

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2013, 05:06:46 PM »
geez do they always forget to add that this is an ordinary trend with population growth , wont the population be about triple of that now by 2050?

That and the fact that the life span is increasing. Older folk will be more prone to it. Its a tough one for families to deal with. Had a MIL that lived with us for 8 years that had it. I can't imagine the stress it would have caused had she not had the foresight to purchase a long term care policy. As it is it was a challenge even with a paid caregiver there 8 hours a day

littledumbells

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2013, 05:07:54 PM »
cant wait until one day they realize it spreads because of some basic transformed food that was suposed to be entirely "safe"... or wifi conexions etc.

It will probably be traced to creatine supplementation
 ;D

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2013, 05:12:57 PM »
My great grandmother has had it for 20 years now she 90 and doesnt know anyone = sad.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2013, 05:33:42 PM »
In the grand scheme of things, our bodies aren't supposed to last this long. We keep living longer, and the problems just manifest themselves. Our actual shelf life should be about 50-60 years. Once you reproduce, you're of no real use in nature anymore.

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2013, 06:25:37 PM »
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/02/06/alzheimers-dementia-epidemic-numbers-to-triple/1881151/

I have read it is being caused by all the cholesterol lowering drugs.  Cholesterol is essential for brain health.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2013, 06:26:54 PM »
 Methuselah?

(JK!)  ;D

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2013, 06:27:43 PM »

Well they have recently discovered that over 90 percent of gmo have a posionous toxin that the experts "missed".

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2013, 06:28:29 PM »
  Yep

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2013, 06:46:00 PM »
Well they have recently discovered that over 90 percent of gmo have a posionous toxin that the experts "missed".

What's the toxin?  Are you talking about the spray applied to 'RR' crops or something the plant itself produces?

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2013, 06:54:46 PM »
What's the toxin?  Are you talking about the spray applied to 'RR' crops or something the plant itself produces?

Uncovered, the 'toxic' gene hiding in GM crops: Revelation throws new doubt over safety of foods

A virus gene that could be poisonous to humans has been missed when GM food crops have been assessed for safety.

GM crops such as corn and soya, which are being grown around the world for both human and farm animal consumption, include the gene.

A new study by the EU's official food watchdog, the European Food Safety Authority(EFSA), has revealed that the international approval process for GM crops failed to identify the gene.

Full story:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2266143/Uncovered-toxic-gene-hiding-GM-crops-Revelation-throws-new-doubt-safety-foods.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

littledumbells

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2013, 07:17:40 PM »
we get older, yeah, but after age 60 we cant piss on our own and become a burden on healtcare insurance and whats the quality of the extended life?

From my observations of the MIL there was no quality of life in her last few years. Diapers, clueless, unable to communicate, agitated-probably due to the 1st 3. It sounds callous but...........we have more compassion for our pets in ending the suffering or someone on life support with little/no hope. Not that thats a call I would want to make for anyone

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2013, 07:21:48 PM »
Where the hell am I?  How did I get here?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2013, 07:34:20 PM »
we get older, yeah, but after age 60 we cant piss on our own and become a burden on healtcare insurance and whats the quality of the extended life?

Exactly who wants to live past 60 and for what?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2013, 07:37:37 PM »
Uncovered, the 'toxic' gene hiding in GM crops: Revelation throws new doubt over safety of foods

A virus gene that could be poisonous to humans has been missed when GM food crops have been assessed for safety.

GM crops such as corn and soya, which are being grown around the world for both human and farm animal consumption, include the gene.

A new study by the EU's official food watchdog, the European Food Safety Authority(EFSA), has revealed that the international approval process for GM crops failed to identify the gene.

Full story:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2266143/Uncovered-toxic-gene-hiding-GM-crops-Revelation-throws-new-doubt-safety-foods.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

I trust biotech companies to knowingly push bad shit if the profit:risk ratio is appealing, and I agree that GM needs way tighter control than the revolving door between Monsanto/ADM/etc and the FDA effects, but I'm not opposed to new farm tech outright.  If we grew everything organically, I doubt the planet would produce enough to feed the population.  

Also, that article had a definite yellow tinge to it.  Big on the might/could/may and virus buzzword but no data whatsoever, and the main claim that developers didn't know about the gene seems false given that the viral injection of it is an intentional thing.

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2013, 07:38:51 PM »

Ask that question to grandchildren who love their grandparents, or vice verca.   Or 60+ people with friends and family and other life passions.   There is richness to life beyond 60 yo.

dustin

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2013, 07:46:08 PM »
Type III diabeetus. GMO, POS lazy Western lifestyle and environmental toxins are all contributing to this. People are falling apart so quickly now.

I'm going to live forever though. I'll do myself in when I'm ready, with my head between a hookers ass with a pile of cocaine and liquor.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2013, 08:00:29 PM »

thats just learned depression speaking

might as well live for ever or not live at all
A