Author Topic: what do you dudes do to "maintain" a bodypart or bodyparts?  (Read 1936 times)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
what do you dudes do to "maintain" a bodypart or bodyparts?
« on: February 07, 2013, 12:06:25 PM »
my torso is getting too far ahead of my arms, so i plan on "maintaining" my torso for awhile while i try to increase my arm and calf size

so my plan to maintain my torso is to take my training loads down a bit and just hit them at a reduced intensity in order to keep working them to maintain them but not try to add any more size onto them

for example on dips i worked up to bodyweight plus 50 pounds for 8 reps, so now i'll just do bodyweight dips for 12 reps

just curious about others thoughts on this, and what you do yourselves to maintain a bodypart?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Re: what do you dudes do to "maintain" a bodypart or bodyparts?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 12:12:22 PM »
my torso is getting too far ahead of my arms, so i plan on "maintaining" my torso for awhile while i try to increase my arm and calf size

so my plan to maintain my torso is to take my training loads down a bit and just hit them at a reduced intensity in order to keep working them to maintain them but not try to add any more size onto them

for example on dips i worked up to bodyweight plus 50 pounds for 8 reps, so now i'll just do bodyweight dips for 12 reps

just curious about others thoughts on this, and what you do yourselves to maintain a bodypart?
Just do one set to failure once a week per exercise to maintain, weak points twice a week.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 04:10:40 PM »
Are you a natty?

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 04:26:27 PM »
Are you a natty?

almost ;)

i take 10 mg of superdrol every other day and about every 2 months or so i take about 1 week off

i've been doing this for the past 9 months or so

so i'm a very mild user i guess one could say

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 05:22:42 PM »
almost ;)

i take 10 mg of superdrol every other day and about every 2 months or so i take about 1 week off

i've been doing this for the past 9 months or so

so i'm a very mild user i guess one could say

then just train everything.... there's an upward limit to all development, especially as a natty... just prioritize your lagging bodyparts (maybe starts with them or train them twice per week)

IMO

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 05:23:51 PM »

then just train everything.... there's an upward limit to all development, especially as a natty... just prioritize your lagging bodyparts (maybe starts with them or train them twice per week)

IMO
Spot on.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 06:01:15 PM »

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 06:21:46 PM »
You could always try doing all of your pressing with a close grip (incline, flat, decline), also reverse grip bench. All of these will emphasize the triceps, while still giving you chest and delts some stimulation.

Also close grip chins ( palms facing you with your hands 4-6 inches apart), will get a lot of bicep stimulation while still maintaing your back.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2013, 01:15:33 AM »
happy 27000th dude
Thanks trying to catch 333386 got a long way to go he is over 100,000.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2013, 03:22:15 AM »

IMO

well man, i'll still train everything and in fact i even added in calves and abs recently ;D

but my question is... should i keep increasing my training loads on dips and chins and rows? coz my torso i already big enough and i don't want it getting much bigger

it want to look like this fella in the aqua trunks and i already am damn close to his delt and torso development (yeah, i got the squared off shoulders like this ;)) but i need the arms and calves :D :D :D

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2013, 04:19:03 AM »
normally your arms should grow too if you are getting stronger and adding weight to dips/chins.. i think you should keep hitting your back and chest but you need to do an arm day on itīs own with calfes...so maybe itīs your workout split you need to change. I think a 4 or 5 day split giving you a direct arm day...blasting arms 1x a week...this will with your torso training stimulate growth i hope... ;D

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2013, 04:29:01 AM »
normally your arms should grow too if you are getting stronger and adding weight to dips/chins.. i think you should keep hitting your back and chest but you need to do an arm day on itīs own with calfes...so maybe itīs your workout split you need to change. I think a 4 or 5 day split giving you a direct arm day...blasting arms 1x a week...this will with your torso training stimulate growth i hope... ;D

This is good advice.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2013, 04:41:47 AM »
so is your advice wooo...canīt really think of much else but i think itīs good also to mix up your reps too. Today i will start off with low reps 6-8 and finish with up to 15 on the last exercises..you are pumped man !!!

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2013, 04:50:20 AM »

that's true my arms grow a bit from dips and chins, but my torso grows more so it takes me further out of proportion :'(

and i'm not sure why i keep hammering delts coz they are nearly on line with my torso, maybe it's because i have it in my head that delts can never be too wide ;D