Author Topic: More gym etiquette  (Read 3039 times)

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
More gym etiquette
« on: December 11, 2005, 03:43:47 PM »
Ok, how many times you wanted to use a machine, or a set of dumbells or a fixed barbell. Somebody else is just sitting on say the preacher curl machine  doing jack shit and you just let them know with your body language you want what they have. Finally you say "can I work in?" and they say. "Oh' I am all done" and they take off. You know that they weren't done but basically you just chased them off!
The House that Ruth built

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
Re: More gym etiquette
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 03:55:12 PM »
So many of you are such bullies, just because you re big doesnt mean you re a badass, carry on being rude and one day someones gonna kick your ass all over the gym!

Ledd

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 05:00:09 PM »
Ok, how many times you wanted to use a machine, or a set of dumbells or a fixed barbell. Somebody else is just sitting on say the preacher curl machine  doing jack shit and you just let them know with your body language you want what they have. Finally you say "can I work in?" and they say. "Oh' I am all done" and they take off. You know that they weren't done but basically you just chased them off!
Maybe you are being overly analytical of their response, and confused courtesy for fear.  Or maybe they lied to you about being done because they dont want to share with you for whatever reason and decided to make use of some other piece of equipment.  Or perhaps your just a bad ass and they were terrified of you, probably not though cause if you are waiting on a DB or a "fixed" barbell from some random schmoe who scoots off like a fly then you cant be that impressive.  But I dunno, I've been wrong before.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2005, 05:27:14 PM »
So many of you are such bullies, just because you re big doesnt mean you re a badass, carry on being rude and one day someones gonna kick your ass all over the gym!

You are a candy ass.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2005, 05:30:06 PM »
Maybe you are being overly analytical of their response, and confused courtesy for fear.  Or maybe they lied to you about being done because they dont want to share with you for whatever reason and decided to make use of some other piece of equipment.  Or perhaps your just a bad ass and they were terrified of you, probably not though cause if you are waiting on a DB or a "fixed" barbell from some random schmoe who scoots off like a fly then you cant be that impressive.  But I dunno, I've been wrong before.

No asshair. As I said they are people who are sitting on their cans doing nothing. When someone who actually wants to make use of said equipment asks them to work in they realize they aren't doing shit so they get up and leave so someone can actually make use of said equipment.

Ledd

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2005, 06:38:51 PM »
Well be clear, you contradicted yourself:

"Oh' I am all done" and they take off. You know that they weren't done but basically you just chased them off!

Somebody else is just sitting on say the preacher curl machine doing jack shit and you just let them know with your body language you want what they have.

Which is it tough guy, or were you just posting random half truth bullshit that you didnt really expect anyone to read into?  I dont really care to argue anymore its your story tell it how you want to.

Suck a fart out of my ass.

Bear03

• Getbig IV
  • back in the swing of things
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2005, 08:35:43 PM »
No, Ledd, i'm inclined to agree with you.

Now don't be a prick and start with useless, lame insults.  Just leave it be.  You don't need to correct someone and affirm yourself and then undermine that by throwing playground insults around.
:-)

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2005, 08:30:36 AM »

hahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jaejonna rows 125!!

HavoX

• Getbig IV
  • Shamed by thunderdome
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2005, 10:02:34 AM »
I've done that before, gave up a machine because i didn't want to work in with a guy... i wasn't scared though....

the guy just smelled like buffalo nutsack

jpeso

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2005, 10:26:52 AM »
I dont think the original poster as trying to be a badass...?  This has probably happened to everyone. 

You have a specific exercise in mind
Some idiot is clearly sitting on that machine chatting
You patiently wait for him to move wothout saying anything
You ask how long it will be
He continues to sit
You get pissed but then ask to work in
Miraculously, the douch is done

Ledd

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2005, 01:06:59 PM »
No, Ledd, i'm inclined to agree with you.

Now don't be a prick and start with useless, lame insults.  Just leave it be.  You don't need to correct someone and affirm yourself and then undermine that by throwing playground insults around.

Dammit I did it again....I cant help but overcompensate sometimes.  Juvenile behavior duly noted and contained.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2005, 05:37:51 PM »
I dont think the original poster as trying to be a badass...?  This has probably happened to everyone. 

You have a specific exercise in mind
Some idiot is clearly sitting on that machine chatting
You patiently wait for him to move wothout saying anything
You ask how long it will be
He continues to sit
You get pissed but then ask to work in
Miraculously, the douch is done

Yes, thats what I meant. Somebody is basically sleeping on the equipment. If your workout is important you tend to get impatient while they diddle daddle 10 minutes between there sets.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2005, 05:38:59 PM »

You have it all wrong. Try actually reading and comprehending what I wrote.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2005, 05:39:40 PM »

Oh, so it was you on that machine? :)

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2005, 05:43:01 PM »
Well be clear, you contradicted yourself:

Which is it tough guy, or were you just posting random half truth bullshit that you didnt really expect anyone to read into?  I dont really care to argue anymore its your story tell it how you want to.

Suck a fart out of my ass.

Look dickhead, I said they weren't done but I also stated they were just sitting there doing nothing ! At that point I don't give a flying fuck if they have more sets or not. I personally don't care about you being a dipshit but if you are going to be one try to fucking get it right.