Author Topic: What is the most physically challenging thing you ever did?  (Read 15679 times)

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
Re: What is the most physically challenging thing you ever did?
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2013, 01:16:29 PM »
Seb he's talking about the gruelling BJ's for gear he endured every week

;D ;D ;D

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2013, 01:53:31 PM »
I was on top of my wife and I called her another name. I hung on for 8 seconds before she bucked me off.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2013, 01:59:06 PM »
A marathon but keep in mind I do not have a body of a runner, not even close. Took me over 4 hours lol  ;D

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2013, 02:07:39 PM »
actually giving a flying fuck about most rubbish posts here was the most challenging thing ive ever done here
A

MikMaq

« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2013, 02:13:22 PM »
I worked in a factory without air conditioning last summer, during the worst heat wave in literally 50 years.

Up in the north we ain't use to no heat, 25 degree's is crazy hot to me, and it was 40-50 degrees with the humidex for the whole summer inside that factory.

That by itself wouldn't of been an issue, but being 6 4 in a factory made for midgets with tendon issues in both my arms and nerve damage, it's fucking brutal.

Every 8 hours was hell, and I did quite a bit of permanent damage to my body.

Seriously if you don't go home at the end of the day, knowing you've done serious damage to your body you've never worked in my opinion.

ukjeff

« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2013, 02:14:48 PM »
Every 8 hours was hell, and I did quite a bit of permanent damage to my body.brain.
fixed

MikMaq

« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2013, 02:21:21 PM »
fixed
Hey don't fuck around buddy, I doubt many getbiggers would of stuck it out.

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2013, 02:33:13 PM »
Use to run track and I hated it. I ran the open 800, 4 x 800, open 400, and the 4 x 400. I use to feel sick as hell after each meet. It was a gut check for sure. Two times around the track at pretty much a sprint! I was a naturally great runner until I put on so much weight. I would get nervous as hell before the meets. Right before the race started the butterflies were the worst and when the gun went off goddamn!

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2013, 02:35:03 PM »

Nice

littledumbells

• Getbig III
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2013, 02:39:07 PM »
Rim to rim in the grand canyon. That was fairly hard

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2013, 02:58:33 PM »
Did you get blisters?
Actually leading up to it running 16k per day and having my longer run on Saturdays, I was always getting shaffing (sp?) when your legs rub together and it was a nightmare but the actual marathon was OK but was sore everywhere couldn't walk for days.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2013, 07:28:23 AM »
Use to run track and I hated it. I ran the open 800, 4 x 800, open 400, and the 4 x 400. I use to feel sick as hell after each meet. It was a gut check for sure. Two times around the track at pretty much a sprint! I was a naturally great runner until I put on so much weight. I would get nervous as hell before the meets. Right before the race started the butterflies were the worst and when the gun went off goddamn!
thanx for reminding me the toughest thing I ever did

When I got really good at squash I started working on my fitness so I can play at a high level.

My workout was simple: twice a week, at the track, 400m sprints, 1:15 to complete the lap, 45 sec rest, repeat as many consecutive times as you can under the 1:15 laptime. It took me 4 months and I got up to 30 which for anyone familiar with real fitness is serious business. That was by far the most difficult thing I accomplished as a physical feat.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2013, 08:15:29 AM »
Thats almost 7.5 miles in one workout at that speed w only 45 seconds rest between laps?  Is that what you are claiming to have done?  

If,   IIIIIFFFFFFF, true, thats pretty fucking insane  

To put such a claim in prospective, the distance is the equivalent of running from end zone to end zone on a football field 131 times.   Twice a week???   Sprinting???   Cough.... bullshit.... cough.   Doing such a thing even 10 times while maintaining consistent lap times throughout is a huge athletic accomplishment.  But 131 times??  Hell no!

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2013, 08:39:21 AM »
No fucking way he kept to those times at 45 seconds rest.  

The most elite athletes in the world wouldn't be able to accomplish such a feat.   And here we are a guy that just decided to start training for fitness to help his Squash game, and after 4 months he's sprinting the equivalent of 131 football fields, twice weekly?    The bullshit meter is on max here.    

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2013, 09:09:35 AM »
Wonder where he went?   a 60 second 400 is pretty fast as it is. 

I ran indoor 60 meters to 200's in college.   Did a few 4 x 400's when asked.   Every College recruiter would be recruiting this guy.  The Scholarship money would be enormous if what he was able to do was indeed true.   They would want to study his genes.   He'd have a key to the City.   

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2013, 02:19:40 PM »
thanx for reminding me the toughest thing I ever did

When I got really good at squash I started working on my fitness so I can play at a high level.

My workout was simple: twice a week, at the track, 400m sprints, 1:15 to complete the lap, 45 sec rest, repeat as many consecutive times as you can under the 1:15 laptime. It took me 4 months and I got up to 30 which for anyone familiar with real fitness is serious business. That was by far the most difficult thing I accomplished as a physical feat.

What???? Roger Bannister would run 8 to 10 55 second to one minute quarter miles. His sub 4 minute mile done on a cinder track would have probably been about a 3:54mile if he ran on the new track surfaces. 30 at 1:15 you could glide a 4:30 mile while eating a ice cream cone. Elite athletes we have on getbig.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2013, 02:26:55 PM »

Contest prep....

Going from 260 to 180 in a few months.... ughhhhhh

Not gonna lie though, Pre-season football two-a-days back in high school was a bitch too ;D

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2013, 05:06:20 PM »
working as a tire fitter was hardest.

unloading trucks full with tractor tires alone in 100degrees heat was part of that job.

Aren't you Swiss Galen? Where is it 100f?

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2013, 05:07:06 PM »
Our high school basketball practices were brutal. We spent an hour and a half of conditioning with no breaks before we actually did anything basketball related. It was miserable

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2013, 02:07:55 AM »
Thats almost 7.5 miles in one workout at that speed w only 45 seconds rest between laps?  Is that what you are claiming to have done?  

If,   IIIIIFFFFFFF, true, thats pretty fucking insane  
I was a professional athlete in a sport where you need to be really fit. So I started from a pretty high level of fitness .. but 30 laps was close to world class. I met someone who could do 50. He was top 40 in the world in squash ..

When I took up squash I was playing professional tennis on the tour. My training buddy played in the NFL and we did track together. That workout I remember is called quarter mile sprints. It's not for pussies for sure.

I have no reason to make it up think about it. There are people on this site who were pretty decent athletes.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2013, 02:17:52 AM »
What???? Roger Bannister would run 8 to 10 55 second to one minute quarter miles. His sub 4 minute mile done on a cinder track would have probably been about a 3:54mile if he ran on the new track surfaces. 30 at 1:15 you could glide a 4:30 mile while eating a ice cream cone. Elite athletes we have on getbig.
I was a very good athlete, you are right.

ukjeff

« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2013, 02:38:56 AM »
I have no reason to make it up think about it. There are people on this site who were pretty decent athletes.
A lot of people have no reason to make stuff up, it doesnt stop them though.
And there are people who are on this site who pretend they are a lot of things.

Its the internet, things arent what they always seem.

Mattyh7688

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2013, 02:44:39 AM »
Squatting 315x41 was pretty damn difficult.. Football two a days were pretty draining.. I was never a fan of cardiovascular shit lol. Dieting shows doing two hours of cardio a day were hell.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2013, 03:20:37 AM »
No fucking way he kept to those times at 45 seconds rest.   
I did. I am the guy you would look up to when you would dream about making it in sports .. not all getbiggers are dreamers. Some of us actually walked the walk.

You obviously were never anywhere near this level of fitness since you talk like a fan not like a player  ;D

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2013, 03:21:56 AM »
A lot of people have no reason to make stuff up, it doesnt stop them though.
And there are people who are on this site who pretend they are a lot of things.

Its the internet, things arent what they always seem.
no shit Sherlock  ::)

I cannot take you seriously since you tried to pass a juiced physique as natural using the old I have been working in the gym relentessly for 20 years bullshit  ;)