Author Topic: need more ass  (Read 5150 times)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
need more ass
« on: February 13, 2013, 02:23:21 AM »
allright fellas

my girl told me that my ass is still too flat for her liking :'(

i've been doing the dumbell full squats, and they've certainly given me bigger quads, but i guess that they haven't helped build up my ass too much :(

so i'm looking for some suggestions for other exercises that i can do to give me mo' ass ;D

i'm a bit limited in my choice of exercise, since i train at my flat and only basically have access to dumbells (although now i can load up my bells to about 125 pounds on each bell)

i've done stiff-leg deads not so long ago and they didn't really do much for my ass, but they did help me to add some good size to my upper lats

so if you dudes have any suggestions about other exercise that i can do to remedy this situation just give me a shout on over here

p.s. i'd rather do some "easier exercises" if possible, coz i fucking hate these db full squats, yeah i'm a pussy

Yev33

• Getbig III
Re: need more ass
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 06:07:24 AM »
Walking lunges
3 sets, same weight 8-12 reps per leg ( 16-24 total steps per set )

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 06:17:28 AM »
Walking lunges

problem is i can't really do them, coz i've had 2 surgeries on my left knee due to kneecap dislocation from playing basketball when i was 19-21 years old, and the doc told me that when i train to keep my knee stable and stationary or else i'll risk re-injuring it again or injuring the other one (basically i can't move around like that ie. walking with weights in my hands)

basically i have to do stationary lunges, if i do them, coz it's even risky for me to do them going back and forth ie. stepping out and then stepping back to the starting position :-\

it sucks having this genetic flaw of such unstable knee joints

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 06:24:28 AM »
What kind of dumbells do you have? ...125 on each thats pretty good.

I don't know if there's any easier exercises given that you train at home and only with dbs. I always found lunges way harder than anything else for legs too.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 06:34:20 AM »
What kind of dumbells do you have? ...125 on each thats pretty good.

I don't know if there's any easier exercises given that you train at home and only with dbs. I always found lunges way harder than anything else for legs too.

these are the bells that i have, spin collar and i can put 3 10 kg plate on each side plus a 2 kg plate so that equals about 145 pounds actually

so if i do stationary lunges i usually put my back foot up on the bench and do them that way

so if i want to target my ass more so should i place my lead foot further out or closer back?

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 06:53:08 AM »
like some bells i got with Golds on them... ;D do the lunges with your foot further out to hit the hip and buttocks... you can use cable exercises to to hit the glutes(a foot strap on your ankles) there are exercises too without weight. Abduction lying on your side(raising a leg upwards)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 07:11:23 AM »
like some bells i got with Golds on them... ;D do the lunges with your foot further out to hit the hip and buttocks... you can use cable exercises to to hit the glutes(a foot strap on your ankles) there are exercises too without weight. Abduction lying on your side(raising a leg upwards)

so with the foot further out and taking it deep i suppose?

but if you think about it, it would appear that taking it deeper would hit the quads more, since the action of the quads is knee extension and a "deeper dip" would involve greater knee extension, right?

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 07:30:11 AM »
so with the foot further out and taking it deep i suppose?

but if you think about it, it would appear that taking it deeper would hit the quads more, since the action of the quads is knee extension and a "deeper dip" would involve greater knee extension, right?
well the quads will always be active. kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Itīs what i have always done dj...man, you think too much bro....just do it !!  ;D

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 07:38:50 AM »
allright fellas

my girl told me that my ass is still too flat for her liking :'(

i've been doing the dumbell full squats, and they've certainly given me bigger quads, but i guess that they haven't helped build up my ass too much :(

so i'm looking for some suggestions for other exercises that i can do to give me mo' ass ;D

i'm a bit limited in my choice of exercise, since i train at my flat and only basically have access to dumbells (although now i can load up my bells to about 125 pounds on each bell)

i've done stiff-leg deads not so long ago and they didn't really do much for my ass, but they did help me to add some good size to my upper lats

so if you dudes have any suggestions about other exercise that i can do to remedy this situation just give me a shout on over here

p.s. i'd rather do some "easier exercises" if possible, coz i fucking hate these db full squats, yeah i'm a pussy

Give up...its all genetics...either you got it or you don't

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 07:44:16 AM »
Give up...its all genetics...either you got it or you don't

i disagree

here's my pecs at their best, and before this time i had NOTHING there, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, flat as a broad

maybe i can find an old pic to show what i'm talking bout

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 07:45:24 AM »
i disagree

here's my pecs at their best, and before this time i had NOTHING there, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, flat as a broad

maybe i can find an old pic to show what i'm talking bout

yes but we are talking about your ass...thats a different ballgame! ;)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2013, 07:57:57 AM »
yes but we are talking about your ass...thats a different ballgame! ;)

maybe so, but i guess that time will tell, that's if i don't give up on the legwork, coz i hate goddamn legwork with a fucking passion >:( >:( >:(

yeah, calves are dull as hell to train, but at least they aren't even close to being as hard as legwork

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2013, 08:14:58 AM »
lunges all forms walking ,dumbell walking,on smith machine feet together feet foward a bit more than traditional squat hits glute/hams,also smith lunge legs go backwards instead foward due to smith but it hits all around as well.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2013, 10:42:25 AM »
Walking lunges
plus squats....

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2013, 11:10:02 AM »

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2013, 04:39:25 PM »
Squats for ass president.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2013, 05:42:03 AM »
leg press your girlfriend.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2013, 05:52:35 AM »
leg press your girlfriend.

lol

but speaking of squats, i've been doing them with feet close together (6-8 inches apart) while placing each heel on a 5 kg plate and staying relatively erect while doing them going down past parallel

so would it hit the ass more if i spread my feet pretty far apart and do them in the typical powerlifting style?

the only problem with this style is that i can only use one bell, since it ain't really practical to hold a bell in each hand as it's damn near impossible to keep the correct form while doing so

i can load up to near 150 pounds on one bell

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2013, 06:53:40 AM »
lol

but speaking of squats, i've been doing them with feet close together (6-8 inches apart) while placing each heel on a 5 kg plate and staying relatively erect while doing them going down past parallel

so would it hit the ass more if i spread my feet pretty far apart and do them in the typical powerlifting style?

the only problem with this style is that i can only use one bell, since it ain't really practical to hold a bell in each hand as it's damn near impossible to keep the correct form while doing so

i can load up to near 150 pounds on one bell
55 inches will work on squats spread, outside lateral.  ;D

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2013, 07:09:01 AM »
55 inches will work on squats spread, outside lateral.  ;D

that's like 4 and a half feet right?

and i'm sure if you're serious or trolling me, but here's an example of wide, wide squats

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2013, 07:35:32 AM »
that's like 4 and a half feet right?

and i'm sure if you're serious or trolling me, but here's an example of wide, wide squats

Just messing with you dawg.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2013, 07:43:19 AM »
Just messing with you dawg.

actually dude, i'm gonna go ahead and give these box squats a go, coz i've tried lunges a few different times before and i never really got much out of them