Author Topic: One-arm lying triceps extension(across face)  (Read 1889 times)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
One-arm lying triceps extension(across face)
« on: February 15, 2013, 05:43:01 AM »
Now this i did today and an exercise i never see much. This exercise can really improve your bench press because it strongly works the medial and lateral heads of the tricep...a real boost for benching...
execution is :
1 grasp a Dumbell in 1 hand and roll back onto a flat bench.
2 Extend your working arm straight over your chest
3 Brace your working arm Biceps with your non-working hand, then bend your elbow untill the DB touches your chest(keeping your upper arm in a stable .. static position.
once you finish reps with the working arm swap over arms...and ENJOY:

The picture below does not show the working arm braced but i find it better.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
Re: One-arm lying triceps extension(across face)
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 08:07:25 AM »
Oldie but a goodie. First time I saw this one, it was very popular at a local gym. I was in high school at the time. Most were doing them with a pair of DB's and alternating reps , from right to left and back again. A few used a semi hammer grip (thumbs facing back) and lowered the DB to the center of the chest. Gives a different affect and focus on the triceps.

A lot of guys do the regular version, where the DB passes near the side of the head & ears, for a fuller stretch. Than when their 8 reps (or so) are finished..without stopping...continue with the version in the picture. A real extra focus on the triceps. Rather than touching the pecs, the DB is lowered to the forehead  (something like a BB skull crusher), by some people.

Most Pl'ers use different styles of direct DB tricep work, at one time or another, in their training. Depending the health of the elbows..   Good Luck.
F

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 09:09:35 AM »
Now this i did today and an exercise i never see much. This exercise can really improve your bench press because it strongly works the medial and lateral heads of the tricep...a real boost for benching...
execution is :
1 grasp a Dumbell in 1 hand and roll back onto a flat bench.
2 Extend your working arm straight over your chest
3 Brace your working arm Biceps with your non-working hand, then bend your elbow untill the DB touches your chest(keeping your upper arm in a stable .. static position.
once you finish reps with the working arm swap over arms...and ENJOY:

The picture below does not show the working arm braced but i find it better.

FANTASTIC EXERCISE......3 SETS AT THE END OF THE WORKOUT.

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 11:54:07 AM »
That looks like a good one, will be trying that out.