Author Topic: Is getting old with no career or retirement options really this bad.  (Read 6904 times)

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
Re: Is getting old with no career or retirement options really this bad.
« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2013, 09:42:05 AM »
There won't be any retirement.
The generation that's around the 60 year range now is the last to retire and re/get money. Pension funds are avid evaporators in financially disastrous times.

this.

been burying Krugerrand's around my property prepping for those times.

CREALMADRID

• Getbig III
« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2013, 02:31:51 AM »
in ex yugoslavia, lets take serbia as example, a cop will earn 200 euros a month.a judge(!!!!) 300euros.

recipe for corruption, brutal

the pensions are less than the above obviously.

montenegro is even worse, they dont even have an own currency they just use the euro.

croatian cops make 1000euros, but living cost exploded there.

slovenia ppl earn 600euros a month and are all in debt,

if you got a job in ex jugoslavia is one thing, getting wage paid is another.

my cosuin works as sexcurity guard, armed, and gets 150euro monthly, supposed to get, and he dont get aid most of the time.has children to feed.

meanwhile in switzerland ,it simpossible, impossible to end up homeless.the govt will take care of you.for they dont want tourists to see any homeless and ppl believe here in helping the poorer dropouts.

pensions in switzerland are basically the full wage one earned before, or if one wants to leave the nation, he can collect all the money at once and go.
if everything else fails, there the dole system, where govt pays for living, healthcare and 1000usd monthly to live you get.

THAT is the current best possible state any govt could build imo.

its a very balanced mix of capitalism and social policies.

yeah i know,balkan countries are fucked up,with a salary of a "normal" worker you cant do anything,builidng a house or buy an appartamnet..let say you start alone at 20-25 years old and you want to buy your own appartament,if the cost of an 50 square meter appartamnet is 100 000 euros you have to get a mortgage for 15-30 years and basicly you will pay double the price of the appartamnet!

of course thats only an example but as i know if you work a normal job in swiss,you can live pretty well!

they dont understand with balkan people,when they go out to work in countryes like swiss,australia etc when they come back they are rich cause the cost of living is not like in country where they live!

give me your example,you work in the hotel for how much hours a week and whats your salary in swiss frank?
and what is suposed to be your pension if you know based on salary,i dont know how it goes if you earn for example 100 000 a year is a pension 60% of a salary so you will get 60 000 a year in pension a year?

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2013, 03:25:46 AM »
Ratard is the type of anal hair nugget who would eat his grandmothers pussy just because his grandad did and he doesn't want to miss out.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2013, 07:23:04 AM »
Heavy barbell presses to the throat...

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2013, 07:25:21 AM »
Heavy barbell presses to the throat...

skullcrushers without a spotter
T

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #80 on: February 18, 2013, 07:39:05 AM »
skullcrushers without a spotter

Walking lunges on the highway.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2013, 10:32:52 AM »
Ratard is the type of anal hair nugget who would eat his grandmothers pussy just because his grandad did and he doesn't want to miss out.

hahahahahahh!!!

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: February 18, 2013, 10:44:17 AM »
At what my backs fucked, and I dropped out of school. I just don't get it getting older is just terrifying, when you gotta work until your fucking 70.
you realize you feel like shit precisely because you have no function , profesionnal occupation, right?

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: February 18, 2013, 10:46:23 AM »
Thank god I busted my balls and worked my whole life and have 401K's and savings..  ::)

Go get a fuckin  job and stop your girly whining..
if you dont transform your money into solid real assets (land, housing, gold, firearms) real soon, when all these numbers in computers suposed to represent your savings will be reset to 0, it wont mean much.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #84 on: February 18, 2013, 01:56:42 PM »
if you dont transform your money into solid real assets (land, housing, gold, firearms) real soon, when all these numbers in computers suposed to represent your savings will be reset to 0, it wont mean much.
scary possibility

:-X

MikMaq

« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2013, 02:33:56 PM »

1st you say you dont know how your going to get food in the next 12 months and now your saying come spring you can save more money in teh next twelve months than you ever could working. WTF, you don't know how you will eat but you'll be able to save money?
I meant working in the city paying higher rents, I don't know how I'm gonna get food in twelve months, which is why I'm saving money now.

My whole point is I'm worried about next year, and there's gonna be a relatively minor drop in my health between now and than, so for me I find it overwhelming to imagine, having no plan for retirement past 30(when your health is clearly on the decline).

It seems to be a rather basic premise.

MikMaq

« Reply #86 on: February 18, 2013, 02:35:39 PM »
Who the fuck knows it's just as possible, that the only true bet is having valuable skills in 5 years as it is having property.

As land housing etc, is in a huge fucking bubble in canada. If the border between canada and the usa, tomorrow became slightly more transparent, most housing in canada would have it's value cut in half.

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #87 on: February 18, 2013, 03:34:52 PM »
everyone in america is really in trouble, all the jobs are destroyed, no money out there to make legally

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: February 19, 2013, 01:06:04 AM »

I agree paper will be worhlesss at some stage, money is becoming just another food stamp to the USA

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2013, 01:11:12 AM »
Americans will be buying a loaf of bread with 1000 dollar bills soon.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #90 on: February 19, 2013, 04:14:14 AM »
I think they work and save money? ???

People don't understand saving at all.  You need to save so much of your income that you live like a poor man.

We need to all take a look at our grandparents, and try to do the things they did.

THIS.

I dont think most people really understand just how much money they spend on stupid shit they shouldn't be buying because they aren't even saving anything.  They buy the latest gadgets, a new phone every year.  New computer. New TV's. They buy their breakfasts, lunches and dinners instead of cooking at home. They switch cars every five years, go on trips, purchase the latest fashions, have a million TV channels, buy all new furniture where they don't have to pay for a year and a half thinking that the due date will never come,  etc..

My parents earned less then most working factory jobs but paid off their house long ago and have decent pensions and savings but it only happened because they did the complete opposite of the above untitl their financial situation allowed them to do so. Most people want it all and they want it yesterday.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #91 on: February 19, 2013, 04:17:13 AM »
Gold, yes. Land and houses? Nope. Government can take those from you through eminent domain.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: February 19, 2013, 07:07:37 AM »
Gold, yes. Land and houses? Nope. Government can take those from you through eminent domain.

Didn't they take gold away at one time?

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: February 20, 2013, 10:04:48 AM »
everyone in america is really in trouble, all the jobs are destroyed, no money out there to make legally
newsflash, it s the same in whole europe and asia...

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #94 on: February 20, 2013, 10:22:35 AM »
THIS.

I dont think most people really understand just how much money they spend on stupid shit they shouldn't be buying because they aren't even saving anything.  They buy the latest gadgets, a new phone every year.  New computer. New TV's. They buy their breakfasts, lunches and dinners instead of cooking at home. They switch cars every five years, go on trips, purchase the latest fashions, have a million TV channels, buy all new furniture where they don't have to pay for a year and a half thinking that the due date will never come,  etc..

My parents earned less then most working factory jobs but paid off their house long ago and have decent pensions and savings but it only happened because they did the complete opposite of the above untitl their financial situation allowed them to do so. Most people want it all and they want it yesterday.

Hell yeah, very true!  I've always saved so much of my income to the point that I'm probably going without.

It's better to go without cause you're saving than go without cause you're broke.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: February 20, 2013, 05:17:50 PM »
Hell yeah, very true!  I've always saved so much of my income to the point that I'm probably going without.

It's better to go without cause you're saving than go without cause you're broke.

yep

John

• Getbig II
« Reply #96 on: February 20, 2013, 07:42:58 PM »
I meant working in the city paying higher rents, I don't know how I'm gonna get food in twelve months, which is why I'm saving money now.

My whole point is I'm worried about next year, and there's gonna be a relatively minor drop in my health between now and than, so for me I find it overwhelming to imagine, having no plan for retirement past 30(when your health is clearly on the decline).

It seems to be a rather basic premise.

Mate you could always try just getting a job....any job....start from there and work your way up. But sitting around being useless isn't an option.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #97 on: February 22, 2013, 07:11:44 AM »
Didn't they take gold away at one time?
Sure. But you can hide gold. Good luck hiding 20 acres of land.  ;D

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #98 on: February 24, 2013, 10:35:55 PM »
where has fatass scoliosis disappeared?