Author Topic: can somebody tell me how to train now that i'm on steroids  (Read 2824 times)

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
can somebody tell me how to train now that i'm on steroids
« on: February 18, 2013, 02:03:59 PM »
i trained like 10 years naturally

most training was like 5x5 stuff (madcoww bill star type stufff)

not sure how to train now

goal = develop as much muscle as possible (not powerlifting)

can someone tell me a good routine?

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Re: can somebody tell me how to train now that i'm on steroids
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 02:53:43 PM »
a certified trainer at your local Y will definitely be able to help you out...

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 09:26:44 PM »
weights should the same

reps should be higher

more volume, double your sets

super strict reps

train 4-5 days a week if you can

dont be an idiot and try maxing out all the time because your bloated and your cns is supercharged while on

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 12:23:05 AM »
*Just like all naturals don't train the same neither do enhanced lifters.
*Personally I do between 6-10 reps on any exercise, 3-4 exercises per large muscle, 2-3 for smaller ones 3-4 sets for each.
*Keep in mind your joints/tendons/ligaments are still very much natural.
*The old saying you don't grow in the gym is very true...train all you want but without proper nutrition you'll just be wasting gear.
*Don't neglect your cardio

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 07:22:50 AM »
a lot of good info

thanks brethren

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 10:52:02 AM »
my first workout on roids

4 sets of flat bench press (around 8-10 reps)
4 sets of incline bench press (around 8-10 reps)
4 sets of hammer strength knock off machine that seems sort of incline (around 8-10 reps)
3 sets of 10-15 reps pec machine

3 sets of 8-15 barbell curl
3sets of 8-15 dumbbell curl
3 sets of 8-15 rope cable curl

am i doing it right

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 02:29:35 PM »
my first workout on roids

4 sets of flat bench press (around 8-10 reps)
4 sets of incline bench press (around 8-10 reps)
4 sets of hammer strength knock off machine that seems sort of incline (around 8-10 reps)
3 sets of 10-15 reps pec machine

3 sets of 8-15 barbell curl
3sets of 8-15 dumbbell curl
3 sets of 8-15 rope cable curl

am i doing it right

if you've been training for 10 years natty or not you shouldn't have to ask such stupid questions
p

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 08:00:53 AM »
200gramms of protein daily every day,this is most important.

get rest day once in a while

dont overdo the carbs.

try how 200gramms carbs a day will do and go from there.

have some fats.

the training sounds ok.
interesting, i thought this was another weider myth

for the sake of OCD, do you count proteins from rice, pasta etc or only from animals

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 09:23:03 AM »
Remember that 'roid's don't work the same for everyone. Some gain amazingly well and others hardly any noticeably muscle gains. The timing/amount of drug use is also be important. If not making any noticeable gains, blame you mother & father..it's the genetic thing again. High quality protein is important, with some setting their alarms in the middle of the night to take a drink of the stuff.  Amino's are also used.

If 'roids work well for you and you think that you need 15 to 20 sets, a muscle group, you may be wasting your time. Seen some very large druggies come in and do a few sets of this, a few set of that..and go home. And they grow.  Other druggies have more conventional and planned  workouts, but nothing to the extreme of 15 to 20 sets a body part. (The Pro's only look their very best once or twice a year. that's when their training video's and pictures are shot.... off season, it either gain a lot of fat or lose muscle mass...and a lot of them with a bad attitude)

Agree with Barracho. Dan ask a very good question. Anabolichalo might be doing extra work he need not do, in a training. The golden rule, where any drug is concerned; "Know your dealer".

Good Luck

F

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 11:42:51 AM »
thigh training today just now i came back

3x8reps front squat (full range no locking out "quality reps" as they say) with 100kg
seated leg curl machine 4x20-12 reps
4x15-8 reps diagonal upward leg press (no locking out "quality reps" as they say) with 200kg
lying leg curl machine 4x15-10 reps

probably need to up the volume a bit but i was dog tired

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 02:48:06 PM »
interesting, i thought this was another weider myth

for the sake of OCD, do you count proteins from rice, pasta etc or only from animals

One of the reason aas work is because they increase protein synthesis. Now tbh.... I'm still not sure if this means we can get away with much less, but being half ocd and paranoid like you I don't wanna take any chances. Another thing for me is overdoing it on the carbs just means more bloat and looking like crap. Focusing more on protein has helped me keep fat and excess bloat off while gaining lean body mass.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2013, 03:21:12 PM »
Remember that 'roid's don't work the same for everyone. Some gain amazingly well and others hardly any noticeably muscle gains. The timing/amount of drug use is also be important. If not making any noticeable gains, blame you mother & father..it's the genetic thing again. High quality protein is important, with some setting their alarms in the middle of the night to take a drink of the stuff.  Amino's are also used.

If 'roids work well for you and you think that you need 15 to 20 sets, a muscle group, you may be wasting your time. Seen some very large druggies come in and do a few sets of this, a few set of that..and go home. And they grow.  Other druggies have more conventional and planned  workouts, but nothing to the extreme of 15 to 20 sets a body part. (The Pro's only look their very best once or twice a year. that's when their training video's and pictures are shot.... off season, it either gain a lot of fat or lose muscle mass...and a lot of them with a bad attitude)

Agree with Barracho. Dan ask a very good question. Anabolichalo might be doing extra work he need not do, in a training. The golden rule, where any drug is concerned; "Know your dealer".

Good Luck

got nothing to do with steroids. I train with a 5 day split or sometimes a 4 day split. The overlap is the key factor here. The muscles are stimulated and your intensity is key..no not 1 set but working the muscle from every angle and hard. my chest is still sore from Monday. I have never taken steroids and do not want to but the point is 10-15 sets for chest ,back, legs.. is ok for a "natty" like me. Depends on your fitness, and mental strength. i enjoy every Day hitting my muscles and yes i am in good shape and have a very high cardio vascular standard.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2013, 01:45:55 PM »
ok basically look at the AAS users who can pass for natural, guys like Norton and the other tools.

how do they train? With a ton of ego, super heavy weights 'hardcore' moving the weight 1/2 the ROM as fast as possible.

they then tell the dumb kids that this training is the best way to train when in reality it's whats holding them back from actually growing

Nortons legs are the same size as they were when he 'squatted' 200lbs less than he currently does.

I like a pull/push/legs/rest/repeat split, sometimes an extra rest day. Usually 20-30 sets a session, only 2-3 of those are heavy sets

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2013, 01:48:45 PM »
ok basically look at the AAS users who can pass for natural, guys like Norton and the other tools.

how do they train? With a ton of ego, super heavy weights 'hardcore' moving the weight 1/2 the ROM as fast as possible.

they then tell the dumb kids that this training is the best way to train when in reality it's whats holding them back from actually growing

Nortons legs are the same size as they were when he 'squatted' 200lbs less than he currently does.

I like a pull/push/legs/rest/repeat split, sometimes an extra rest day. Usually 20-30 sets a session, only 2-3 of those are heavy sets
what about fake naturals like ct fletcher who does powerlifting routines for bicep curl competitions

lol

just kidding

i understand what you're sayin