Author Topic: Bible Verses Clearly Denying Jesus Being God  (Read 8641 times)

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
Re: Bible Verses Clearly Denying Jesus Being God
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2013, 02:09:47 PM »
"As He was setting out on a journey, a man ran up to Him and knelt before Him, and asked Him, ‘Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?’ And Jesus said to him, ‘Why do you call Me good? No one is good except God alone.’" Mark 10:17-18

Phillip Rhee

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
Re: Bible Verses Clearly Denying Jesus Being God
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2013, 12:22:56 PM »
Just posting three of the many such examples, as I've always felt that pasting a large # of verses results in viewers not reading or responding adequately.

1)  John 20:17 "...Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am returning to my father and your father, to my God and your God."

Jesus indicating that he has a God, and that his relationship to God is similar to the relationship of common people with God.  God does not have a God, and would not tell others that his relationship with God is similar to theirs.

2)  Luke 18:19  "'Why do you call me good?' Jesus answered.  'No one is good--except God alone."

Jesus says a) he is not good, and b) God alone is good.  If Jesus were God he would not differentiate himself from God by stating that he is not good and only God alone is.

3)  John 17:3  "Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."

This verse clearly shows two separate entities - a)  the "only true God" AND b) Jesus Christ (who was sent by the only true God.)  Only the one who sent Jesus is the true God, meaning Jesus himself can't be God. 

You're plainly not understanding all these verses, which have to be taken in their right context. Jesus Christ has clearly been proclaimed to be God in the Bible over and over again so why then does He refer to Himself and God separately? He just wanted there to be a clear distinction between God (God the Father/God Almighty) and Himself (the Son of God/the Almighty). Since Jesus came to Earth as a man, of course that is how refers to Himself and since God is still God in Heaven that is how He refers to His Father. Yet He and His Father are one (God) though they are different beings. I hope this clears up your misunderstanding. In Hebews 1:8, God Himself (the Father) calls the Son (Jesus) God and Lord!