Author Topic: What Exercises Are Going Increase/Decrease The Waist.  (Read 21891 times)

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
What Exercises Are Going Increase/Decrease The Waist.
« on: February 19, 2013, 11:13:53 AM »
As I slowly start getting into some "heavier" weights ( heavy for me...not for you boys)...I'm worried about my waist bulking up. Gentically I already have a fairly wide waist and would like to lean it down or have the illusion of it being lean,

What are the worst and best exercises for this?

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: What Exercises Are Going Increase/Decrease The Waist.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 11:46:17 AM »
best exercise is the push away. push yourself away from the table before you eat too much. as you train more you get hungrier, if your goal is to reduce your waistline exercise more eat less within reason[don't starve].crunches and captain chair leg raises are good waist exercises combine the two and you should be good.
F

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 11:52:17 AM »
Learn to do abdominal vacuums...sucking the abs in....crunches and rev crunch...worst is training abs with weight  and do not train obliques with weight.. but normal heavy training is enough for some. Some like low reps and weight ..really individual some never train abs at all . I like no weight higher reps.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 11:54:33 AM »
best exercise is the push away. push yourself away from the table before you eat too much. as you train more you get hungrier, if your goal is to reduce your waistline exercise more eat less within reason[don't starve].crunches and captain chair leg raises are good waist exercises combine the two and you should be good.
the push away...like that...very true...

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 08:30:15 AM »
BS:   Might find that the Ab wheel is one of the better exercises for the total ab wall  (lower & upper), including the obliques. Keeping the reps around 10 to 15, for 2 or 3 sets.  The ab's should be treated like any other muscle group and really don't require marathon workout sessions.  If new to this exercise, you will see right away the effect it has on the waist. Can use it at home, in the morning, afternoon or any time. Best to begin on a smooth floor, rather than a rug or whatever.

Vacuums are excellent, while holding the abs all the way in for a good 10 seconds, for each rep. Best done while at a 45 to 90 degree angle, standing and bending forward, usually with the hands on the legs/knees.. This is a Yoga practice and gives good results. Also helps when learning to breath from the stomach area, rather that the chest.

Pushing away is good. Watching the carbs is another option. The newer thing (at least in SoCal) is avoiding wheat/glutton products. A few women I know are doing the no glutton thing and it works very well for them. Carb reduction pretty much standard for removing inches from the waist area. With any of these, you need never to feel hunger. Smart planning is the key.

Male BB'ers, to give the illusion of a smaller waist, will work the outer/side head of the delts. Giving width to the shoulders (Larry Scott being the prime example). If having a natural wide waist, lateral raises, side presses, cable work,etc may help. Worth a shot.  Good Luck.
F

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 08:59:40 AM »
heres what i do,i kept very small waist for long even while on gear(which does make it grow)and eating like a swine at times.

dont train abs directly.indirect is enough.

no squats, no deads.

and the best exercise no doubt is to be careful with eating.

So if you don't do any squats or deads, where is this indirect training going to come from?

The Iron19

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 09:02:12 AM »
hanging knee raises/leg raises.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 03:07:55 PM »
heres what i do,i kept very small waist for long even while on gear(which does make it grow)and eating like a swine at times.

dont train abs directly.indirect is enough.

no squats, no deads.

and the best exercise no doubt is to be careful with eating.

You know my lower ab area is my problem....I was doing weighted leg lift things in hopes of adding more muscle there. I figured more muscle=less fat and water.

But God...being ocd and paranoid like pns aka anabolichalo I worried of making obliques and waist too big. I think it's just something I have to put up with  :(

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 01:11:34 PM »
Learn to do abdominal vacuums...sucking the abs in....crunches and rev crunch...worst is training abs with weight  and do not train obliques with weight.. but normal heavy training is enough for some. Some like low reps and weight ..really individual some never train abs at all . I like no weight higher reps.

I did that for a long time when I was in shape and it worked.  I posted about it on here a few years ago.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2013, 12:46:26 AM »
eat more fiber.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2013, 12:44:25 PM »
Guys.....I'm talking about shaping them...not losing fat....even when lean I still have sort of a blocky midsection.

I tried the hanging leg raises....that actually is tough stuff.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2013, 01:36:14 PM »
Guys.....I'm talking about shaping them...not losing fat....even when lean I still have sort of a blocky midsection.

Only way I can think of would be to make the illusion of it being smaller by building bigger shoulders.  Not much you can do to actually make your waist smaller...just add or lose fat to it. I would avoid all direct abdominal work.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2013, 02:17:01 PM »

have you tried a compression shirt?  ;)

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2013, 04:15:00 PM »
Don't work abs AT ALL.
Add muscle/size to your shoulders and lats (and quads).

If you are competing in bikini, try not to stand straight on facing the judges for any length of time.  
R

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2013, 05:15:18 PM »
Don't work abs AT ALL.

If you are competing in bikini, try not to stand straight on facing the judges for any length of time.  

Hi Stella  :)

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2013, 06:24:37 PM »
R

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2013, 09:42:48 PM »
Abs and obliques (especially obliques) are stabilizer muscles that have very little potential for growth, so I wouldn't worry too much making them too big with squats, deadlifts, and direct AB work.

One of these guys loves his heavy squats and deadlifts, actually is also a competitive powerlifter. Get the point?

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2013, 09:47:02 PM »
Don't work abs AT ALL.

This is interesting....so NO ab work whatsoever? Does every ab exercise increase the waist?

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2013, 10:27:39 PM »
Here is one guy who didin't think that it was important to work his abs, and another one that does. Both have genetically blocky waists that probably measure the same, both have odd ab wall structures as well.

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2013, 10:47:50 PM »
A nice properly developed set of abs combined with low BF% will always make the midsection appear tighter.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2013, 12:34:58 AM »
This was taken a few days ago...just showing off my new sweater dress to a friend. As you can see....a straight up and down body...nothing underneath...no push up bras or knickers...so there is my body as is. Don't 'mind the tag...I'll post some more in a bit.

I'm pretty happy with how I look...I've tightened up considerably for off season compared to what I used to be. Just don't have a great shape naturally.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2013, 12:56:46 AM »
A "leg" shot if you will. Don't mind the off season little belly I have going. But again...quite happy with this "tighter" off season.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2013, 01:00:02 AM »
This was taken in the gym a couple days ago...I have no before pics but I was just showing the progress of the hamstring and the little definition I have going for an off season. I am loving my legs as of lately...they are tight with some nice shape. Calves are weak...but that's genetics...I've done alot with them considering.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2013, 01:02:13 AM »
Figure pose...don't mind the tag still on the dress. Once again....not alot of curve. I really have to take some bra and knicker shots eventually to really show my shape. Perhaps after my next stint up north. Taking pics in a mirror is not as easy as TBombz makes it seem.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2013, 02:59:00 AM »
basic crunches lower legs on a flat bench will not enlargen your waist.