Author Topic: The Protein Myth  (Read 15653 times)

John

• Getbig II
The Protein Myth
« on: February 19, 2013, 09:11:32 PM »

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: The Protein Myth
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 05:39:52 AM »
I believe in the benefits of raw foods, but I fail to see them as adequate for meeting everyone's needs. He also offers no sources for his claims, other than telling ME to do the research to find his supporting evidence. ::)

He also contradicts himself by claiming that raw fruits and vegetables contain "enzymes" that ARE complete amino acid sources completely adequate for supporting anabolism. He then says that science can only look at foods in their cooked state and is unable to examine their chemical properties in the raw state.

Well, then where the hell is his proof!!
How can he make such bold claims about raw foods when science lacks the technology to completely examine them? What, is he Superman? Does he use his "Spidey-senses" to look at raw food where laboratories fail on the molecular level?

Finally, he looks lean. Lean people appear muscular because their musculature is more visible; think Bruce Lee, who did have muscle and excellent conditioning, but by bodybuilding standards, was considered skinny. I suspect that this guy does possess a bit more muscle than his hypothetical sedentary counterpart would have, but by bodybuilding standards, he's small.
I sincerely doubt he's capable of building any substantial amount of muscle on the diet he claims to eat.

This guy also doesn't come across well insofar as expressing his ideas. Refer to a statement made at the beginning of the clip in which he claims he got his "muscle" by "doing nothing." I find very little credibility in anything he says from the standpoint of scientific and/or anecdotal evidence.

Essentially, people interested in building any appreciable amount of muscle will need to eat more than this guy is suggesting we need.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 06:22:07 AM »

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 06:29:53 AM »
dude looks like he has an imbalance...

there are essential fats (essential meaning you with DIE without them)

there are essential proteins (essential meaning you with DIE without them)

both of which are best sourced in animals

there are no essential carbohydrates...

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 07:14:34 AM »
He fails to substantiate his claims. It's just a guy standing their making preposterous claims without backing up anything he says.

John

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 05:35:41 PM »
I believe in the benefits of raw foods, but I fail to see them as adequate for meeting everyone's needs. He also offers no sources for his claims, other than telling ME to do the research to find his supporting evidence. ::)

He also contradicts himself by claiming that raw fruits and vegetables contain "enzymes" that ARE complete amino acid sources completely adequate for supporting anabolism. He then says that science can only look at foods in their cooked state and is unable to examine their chemical properties in the raw state.

Well, then where the hell is his proof!!
How can he make such bold claims about raw foods when science lacks the technology to completely examine them? What, is he Superman? Does he use his "Spidey-senses" to look at raw food where laboratories fail on the molecular level?

Finally, he looks lean. Lean people appear muscular because their musculature is more visible; think Bruce Lee, who did have muscle and excellent conditioning, but by bodybuilding standards, was considered skinny. I suspect that this guy does possess a bit more muscle than his hypothetical sedentary counterpart would have, but by bodybuilding standards, he's small.
I sincerely doubt he's capable of building any substantial amount of muscle on the diet he claims to eat.

This guy also doesn't come across well insofar as expressing his ideas. Refer to a statement made at the beginning of the clip in which he claims he got his "muscle" by "doing nothing." I find very little credibility in anything he says from the standpoint of scientific and/or anecdotal evidence.

Essentially, people interested in building any appreciable amount of muscle will need to eat more than this guy is suggesting we need.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 05:43:18 PM »

I stopped watching 30 seconds in, after the little sales guy says, "If you want the strength and muscles of a gorilla, this video will open your eyes..."

Montague's tip of the day: WE'RE NOT FUKKING GORILLAS!!

...and eating like one will not give you strength like one.

Vegans really are screwed in the head if they actually believe this bullshit.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 06:28:52 PM »

I stopped watching 30 seconds in, after the little sales guy says, "If you want the strength and muscles of a gorilla, this video will open your eyes..."

We used to have one around here who looked pretty good and seemed to have his head screwed on straight.  Who was that?  (Not a gorilla; a vegetarian  ;) ;))
:

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 06:41:09 PM »

We used to have one around here who looked pretty good and seemed to have his head screwed on straight.  Who was that?  (Not a gorilla; a vegetarian  ;) ;))

All I remember is SMM's 64-page dissertation on how the mountain gorilla's diet relates to their strength. He talked about the potential of humans eating leafs and bugs, and I stopped reading there.

Done right, a vegetarian diet can work for the right person.
Vegan diets: no.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 07:02:12 PM »

All I remember is SMM's 64-page dissertation on how the mountain gorilla's diet relates to their strength. He talked about the potential of humans eating leafs and bugs, and I stopped reading there.

This

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 07:03:16 PM »

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2013, 07:28:41 PM »

But, the gorillas...

They can keep their celery.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2013, 07:42:13 PM »

No, it wasn't SMM.  It was a person who I think also competed.  He put up progress pics too.
:

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2013, 04:03:39 AM »
No, it wasn't SMM.  It was a person who I think also competed.  He put up progress pics too.

Wait...
You mean they looked better than the 300lbs with abs, ex-Special Forces, Green Beret, suckmymuscle?

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2013, 06:57:04 AM »

Wait...
You mean they looked better than the 300lbs with abs, ex-Special Forces, Green Beret, suckmymuscle?

Um

No homo?

animal1991

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2013, 11:10:07 AM »

animal1991

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2013, 11:12:20 AM »
70-120g per day is enough. According to above ebook...

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2013, 11:59:52 AM »

Princess also posted an excellent study outlining recent research. It's pinned at the top of this board for anyone interested.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2013, 05:30:15 PM »

Princess also posted an excellent study outlining recent research. It's pinned at the top of this board for anyone interested.

Protein is good. More is better. Too much is pointless. Moderation in all things.

Rammstein

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2013, 11:59:10 AM »

Lots of examples:

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/?page=bios

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2013, 11:11:05 AM »
#1 This guy looks like a skeleton

#2 I did not read or watch, just saw a clip of the guy talking for a few seconds.

#3 After my work out last night, family had some smoked lamb (East european specialty smoking meat, pretty high in sodium but tastes damn good).I ate over a whole pound by myself, just sat in middle of the night chopping away the fat portion (still was greasy) and ate away until I had to stop myself.

Hope that helps.

Mmmmm meat. Right now also eating 10oz of chicken breast. Make sure everyone eats meat :D

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2013, 11:12:32 AM »

Your name is animal, I'm going to eat you. Do you mind being roasted or grilled?

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2013, 11:16:49 AM »

lol

I was vegetarian for like two three years? Worst time of my life. Started back up with fish, then chicken, then beef, never looked back.

It's a medical fact that you cannot have complete dna proliferation without certain proteins found only in animals NOT plants/vegetables/etc... I forget the exact specifics, but a few doctors brought this up to me, I wish I had some articles on hand for this.

Idiotic comparison of us vs monkey/gorilla/whatever is idiotic... we're not monkies or gorillas. Just as we are not horses or bulls.

Each of these animals is by design different in their metabolism and genetic expression than we are. Otherwise eating like horses and bulls would make us horses and bulls.

And giant NEWS FLASH. The guy looks like a starved gorilla on verge of death, wait he doesn't look like a gorilla.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2013, 12:19:25 PM »
lol

I was vegetarian for like two three years? Worst time of my life. Started back up with fish, then chicken, then beef, never looked back.

It's a medical fact that you cannot have complete dna proliferation without certain proteins found only in animals NOT plants/vegetables/etc... I forget the exact specifics, but a few doctors brought this up to me, I wish I had some articles on hand for this.

Idiotic comparison of us vs monkey/gorilla/whatever is idiotic... we're not monkies or gorillas. Just as we are not horses or bulls.

Each of these animals is by design different in their metabolism and genetic expression than we are. Otherwise eating like horses and bulls would make us horses and bulls.

And giant NEWS FLASH. The guy looks like a starved gorilla on verge of death, wait he doesn't look like a gorilla.

Yes, this is all top secret information they like to hide in books.

animal1991

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2013, 10:12:02 PM »
http://evidencebasedfitness.blogspot.ca/2013/03/hey-eff-tard-with-abstract-link-yeah-you.html?m=1

Very interesting. Supports Brad Pilon's stance on Protein intake.