Author Topic: Dumbbell around the world  (Read 2890 times)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
Dumbbell around the world
« on: February 20, 2013, 11:54:33 AM »
an intresting move for the chest and serratus and also the lats.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
Re: Dumbbell around the world
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 03:01:23 PM »
an intresting move for the chest and serratus and also the lats.

Wow...that looks awesome. Just to get a good stretch and get some blood flowing at least.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 03:54:48 PM »
Wow...that looks awesome. Just to get a good stretch and get some blood flowing at least.
it does and do not think that because you use light weight it is not effective.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 05:51:42 PM »
it does and do not think that because you use light weight it is not effective.

See heres the thing,

I will not agree that maximum weight is the best for growth but at the same time I think you do have to provide enough stimulus to a muscle in order for it to grow. There is no way I could put on more than maybe 30-40 pounds on each side without doing the exercise properly.

So I'm thinking that the weight used will be too little to stimulate muscle growth...

Do you think any different donny? Am I wrong  ???

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 07:27:20 PM »
Around the world...a good movement, meant for warm-ups mostly, usually before heavy benching. Slightly different versions of it, also.. Can be a stand alone exercise by it's self. Might get some limited growth with it, because different methods of stretching can give some gains.

It's one of the first exercise my uncles showed me, when I first started working out.  Said a lot of the old timers swore by it. Told that Bill Pearl and his brother (when in San Quentin) included it in workouts, back in the day. Have not seem that exercise in many a years, another forgotten good movement. 
                                                                 Good Luck.
F

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 07:49:30 PM »
Milos used to have guys do this. Never a fan of it because of the rotation of the shoulders during the movement. Never liked Arnold presses either.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 02:14:35 AM »
See heres the thing,

I will not agree that maximum weight is the best for growth but at the same time I think you do have to provide enough stimulus to a muscle in order for it to grow. There is no way I could put on more than maybe 30-40 pounds on each side without doing the exercise properly.

So I'm thinking that the weight used will be too little to stimulate muscle growth...

Do you think any different donny? Am I wrong  ???
no your not wrong. I understand your point. I like moves like this because i have a motto.. "Attention to Detail". these type of exercises (i believe) hit smaller muscles and tissue through a full range of motion thus helping to keep the joints healthy

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 03:16:03 AM »
Milos used to have guys do this. Never a fan of it because of the rotation of the shoulders during the movement. Never liked Arnold presses either.

Ditto.