Author Topic: Transgender Pass to the Girl's Locker Room?  (Read 5738 times)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Transgender Pass to the Girl's Locker Room?
« on: February 22, 2013, 06:26:43 AM »
GMAFB.  If I was in high school, I'd be claiming this shit just to get into the girl's locker room.  ::)

BOSTON (AP) — The Massachusetts Department of Education on Friday issued directives for handling transgender students, including allowing them to use the bathrooms or play on the sports teams that correspond to the gender with which they identify.

The guidance was issued at the request of state board of education to help schools follow the state’s 2011 anti-discrimination law protecting transgender people.

‘‘These students, because of widespread misunderstanding and lack of knowledge about their lives, are at a higher risk for peer ostracism, victimization, and bullying,’’ the document read.

Gunner Scott of Massachusetts Transgender Political Coalition the welcomed the guidance, saying it would be ‘‘immensely helpful to those parents who have been struggling with making sure that the school environment is safe and welcoming of their child.’’

But the Massachusetts Family Institute said allowing transgender boys to use girls’ bathrooms, and vice versa, endangers other students and violates their privacy.

‘‘Fundamentally, boys need to be use boys’ rooms and girls need to be using the girls’ rooms, and we base that on their anatomical sex, not some sort of internalized gender identity,’’ said Andrew Beckwith, general counsel for the institute.

The education department said it prepared the 11-page document after consulting policies in several states, as well as advocacy groups, parents and students.

The document said whether a student identifies as a boy or girl is up to the student or, in the case of younger students, the parents.

In all cases, ‘‘the student may access the restroom, locker room, and changing facility that corresponds to the student’s gender identity,’’ it said.

The guidance said some students may feel uncomfortable sharing those facilities with a transgender student but this ‘‘discomfort is not a reason to deny access to the transgender student.’’ It urges administrators to resolve issues on a case-by-case basis, and recommends sufficient sex-neutral restrooms and changing areas.

The guidance also addresses what to do if other students consistently and intentionally refuse to refer to a transgendered student by the name or sex they identify as: ‘‘It should not be tolerated and can be grounds for student discipline.’’

Beckwith said the guidance forces students to ignore ‘‘a basic truth of anatomy’’ or face punishment. He also said the guidance is an end run around the state Legislature, which specifically excluded public accommodations, such as rest rooms and locker rooms, from the 2011 bill.

But education department spokesman JC Considine said school restrooms aren’t public accommodations.

‘‘We’re talking about the use of school facilities by students who have no choice but to be in a school building,’’ Considine said. ‘‘Kids have to have restroom access.’’

Scott said disciplining students who won’t acknowledge a student’s gender identity is appropriate because it amounts to bullying. He said the directives simply aim to create a safe learning place for a group that’s statistically far more likely to be harassed.

‘‘The reality is that it’s about creating an inclusive environment for all students to learn,’’ he said.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/2013/02/15/mass-dept-issues-rules-transgender-pupils/L0rr4AYIwCKH33z0hxcGTL/story.html

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Transgender Pass to the Girl's Locker Room?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 06:44:31 AM »
In my day we didnt have "transgender" people.   WTF is all this nonsense now? 

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 06:56:05 AM »
It is scary how depraved this nation is becoming.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 08:30:38 AM »
I called this shit 2 year ago an libtards mocked me for it...

Morons how do you not see the writing on the wall?

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 01:39:24 PM »
I'd swear, the world has gone perfectly mad.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 02:10:42 PM »
I called this shit 2 year ago an libtards mocked me for it...

Morons how do you not see the writing on the wall?

Called it? If memory serves me correctly, you were calling FOR IT!

Congratulations my transgendered friend, ...you finally got your wish, ..at least in Massachusetts  :D
w

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 04:12:06 PM »
I certainly don't like that transgendered boys can use the girl's locker room and bathroom....but from a practical standpoint the reason this is allowed is that Transgendered males are in mortal danger of being beaten to death if they use a men's bathroom or locker...men will think that the transgenders are looking at them or making a pass and they will respond with violence......of bullying at the least...

Women seem more able to accept this kind of thing of a transgener being among them so the said transgender is safer although some women don't like this as well.....

Here in NY city, homeless transgenders are place in FEMALE shelters due to the above.  Again, I don't like it..but I can see the reasoning behind it

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2013, 04:20:27 PM »
I certainly don't like that transgendered boys can use the girl's locker room and bathroom....but from a practical standpoint the reason this is allowed is that Transgendered males are in mortal danger of being beaten to death if they use a men's bathroom or locker...men will think that the transgenders are looking at them or making a pass and they will respond with violence......of bullying at the least...

Women seem more able to accept this kind of thing of a transgener being among them so the said transgender is safer although some women don't like this as well.....

Here in NY city, homeless transgenders are place in FEMALE shelters due to the above.  Again, I don't like it..but I can see the reasoning behind it

What's your response to the women who would strenuously object to a male in their restroom?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2013, 04:31:30 PM »
What's your response to the women who would strenuously object to a male in their restroom?

Again I don't like it and I think females should complain....BUT....we can't start adding a third bathroom to all the facilities in the U.S. for transgendered people to use...it would cost a fortune of tax payer money and businesses would be up in arms...!!!!

so I guess there is no other choice :'(

However..I have a sneaking feeling that we are headed in this direction......someone is going to sue down the line claiming its a civl rights issue...and they might win

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2013, 04:47:36 PM »
Again I don't like it and I think females should complain....BUT....we can't start adding a third bathroom to all the facilities in the U.S. for transgendered people to use...it would cost a fortune of tax payer money and businesses would be up in arms...!!!!

However..I have a sneaking feeling that we are headed in this direction......someone is going to sue down the line claiming its a civl rights issue...and they might win
What's should happen is a women or man should sue for having to use the same bathroom as an opposite sex individual.

This country coddles the weak and punishes the strong

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2013, 04:50:41 PM »

It's one of those things that has to fall on the person who chooses to carry forward in such a way.  If the person is in such wild flux to begin with, then adaptation should come as second nature.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2013, 04:58:26 PM »

Sure we can.  We can stop selling this line of bullshit that the rights of the majority are 2nd to the rights of the minority.  Protecting minority rights is one thing.  Overriding the majority is another.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2013, 05:10:59 PM »
It's one of those things that has to fall on the person who chooses to carry forward in such a way.  If the person is in such wild flux to begin with, then adaptation should come as second nature.

x2

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2013, 05:20:08 PM »
x2

Yes, just one of those things that others need to stay out of.  It's on the person. 

If another event happens as a result, such as assault, etc., that's a completely separate issue.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2013, 05:32:03 PM »
What's should happen is a women or man should sue for having to use the same bathroom as an opposite sex individual.

This country coddles the weak and punishes the strong

maybe................... .............

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2013, 05:32:26 PM »

Um- Hello; Why the fuck should 99.9999999% of the population be forced to endure this nonsense because some faggs with gender identity issues want to piss in the wrong bathroom?!

How about we just keep things the way they are?

No wait. That would make sense. In the warped mind of a liberal, everyone must be inconvenienced except the freaks, weirdos, queers and whackjobs.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2013, 05:34:30 PM »

agreed...I think they should use the males bathroom....BUT..some transgendered people have had the operation and are now technically females although they may still have manly features......we would find ourselves in a situation where we would have to check whats inside each person's underwear before letting them use the bathroom...LOL..who wants that job???

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2013, 05:35:47 PM »
Um- Hello; Why the fuck should 99.9999999% of the population be forced to endure this nonsense because some faggs with gender identity issues want to piss in the wrong bathroom?!

How about we just keep things the way they are?

No wait. That would make sense. In the warped mind of a liberal, everyone must be inconvenienced except the freaks, weirdos, queers and whackjobs.

its really funny you have turned this into a liberal issue.....I'm not aware of where the major parties stand on this....yet

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2013, 05:39:51 PM »
its really funny you have turned this into a liberal issue.....I'm not aware of where the major parties stand on this....yet

LMAOOOOOOOOOOO

::)

Gee willikers. Let's make a friendly wager. If liberals authored this legislation, you delete your user name and leave get big forever.

Deal?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2013, 05:42:45 PM »
LMAOOOOOOOOOOO

::)

Gee willikers. Let's make a friendly wager. If liberals authored this legislation, you delete your user name and leave get big forever.

Deal?

if that is the case why do you feel that this is nefarious???.....its a solution that won't cost society any money and will be the best thing at protecting Transgeders from being killed......I hate it but being rational, its the best solution instead of having the government impose laws about this situation on us

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2013, 05:54:42 PM »
agreed...I think they should use the males bathroom....BUT..some transgendered people have had the operation and are now technically females although they may still have manly features......we would find ourselves in a situation where we would have to check whats inside each person's underwear before letting them use the bathroom...LOL..who wants that job???

Yes, it's quite a mess.  That's why it needs to come down to whether a person was truly using the restroom, or whether the person was involved in some crime (in the case of a male-like person using the female restroom).

Obviously, a female-like person using the male restroom is at risk of being assaulted, but the person committing the assault will risk getting busted for it, just like with any other assault.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2013, 06:07:03 PM »
if that is the case why do you feel that this is nefarious???.....its a solution that won't cost society any money and will be the best thing at protecting Transgeders from being killed......I hate it but being rational, its the best solution instead of having the government impose laws about this situation on us
How many transgendered ppl have been killed in bathrooms Andre?

This is yet another save the children from assault weapons all over again.

Making issues where there are no issues

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2013, 06:10:14 PM »
True.  The issue is almost non-existent. 

It's absolutely ridiculous that we have to put up with this bullshit, with the real problems we face.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2013, 06:13:52 PM »

good point.

This is just stupid.  

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2013, 07:31:31 PM »

Great point....but don't hold your breath for an actual fact from Andre.