Author Topic: Glenn Beck and WWE spar over Jack Swagger's new character makeover  (Read 4752 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Glenn Beck and WWE spar over Jack Swagger's new character makeover
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2013, 09:18:02 AM »

Yea, and some supported Cain as well.  And I don't recall any big support for Romney/Ryan.  In fact I would say they were fairly divided.

I'm just not seeing any basis for the racism claim - at least at an aggregate level.  I'm sure you could find it in any party at the individual level.

Of course. Remember also that 3 million Republicans sat this one out. Romney got fewer voters than McCain did. If he at least matched McCain's tally, Romney would likely be in the Oval Office now.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2013, 09:40:48 AM »
Of course. Remember also that 3 million Republicans sat this one out. Romney got fewer voters than McCain did. If he at least matched McCain's tally, Romney would likely be in the Oval Office now.

the party of would COULD OF, SHOULD OF, WOULD OF  :D

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2013, 09:47:25 AM »

Mr. Speak-and-Spell strikes again.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2013, 10:13:16 AM »

you lost get the fu#k over it  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2013, 10:17:03 AM »

you lost get the fu#k over it  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I'm long over it! I mentioned it, only in respect to my conversation with Skip.

While you're here, O spineless one, try checking out what Beck ACTUALLY said, rather than wallow in your boneheaded accusations of what you and WWE THINK he said.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2013, 10:49:03 AM »
He probably got a severance package or WWE bought out his contract and sent him away. Hassan surpassed JBL and Triple H as the most HATED heel in the company, and that takes some doing.

Basically, Muslim PC groups like CAIR kept belly-aching about how Hassan stereotyped Muslims, even with promos to try and ramp that down like his confrontation with John Cena.

When they moved Hassan to Smackdown, it got worse as UPN got slammed with yet more complaints. Airing that footage of his minions, beating down the Undertaker and carrying Daivairi out like a slain martyr (after that London bombing) was the proverbial backbreaker.

Hassan was barred from being on Smackdown. They wrote him off by changing the script for his number 1 Contender's match with the Undertaker at the Great American Bash, which Hassan was supposed to win. Instead, Undertaker won it and powerbombed Hassan off the stage, near the TitanTron. Hassan was hauled off in an ambulance and that the last we saw of him.

That also impacted the World title match. Batista was supposed to be JBL clean, to set up Hassan vs. Batista for the title. Instead, JBL won by DQ. Onthe next Smackdown, JBL demanded a rematch, but Undertaker was the #1 contender. So, they fought in a no-disqualification match to determine who faced Batista for the title at SummerSlam. JBL won, via outside interference by Orton (still stinging over his loss to'Taker at WrestleMania 21).

Smackdown GM, Teddy Long, banned Hassan from Smackdown, saying he could go back to Raw (which he didn't); he could go back to where he came; but, as he was concerned, Hassan could go straight to hell.

Thanks.

BS move from WWE.

You said it, getting fired for being great at your job.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2013, 11:02:28 AM »
Hardly!! Tea Party people don't care about your skin color or from where you came.

now I know you are REALLY out of your mind

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2013, 11:27:57 AM »
now I know you are REALLY out of your mind

Then explain how these folks became Tea Party candidates:

Rubio, West, Cruz, Scott, Martinez, Haley, Love, McGlowan, et. al.

Apparently you also can't tell the difference between LEGAL immigration and illegal immigration, the latter with which the Tea Party has a problem.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2013, 11:30:21 AM »

So it's your claim that a bunch of racists magically came together when Barry was put into office and formed the Tea Party.

Good, solid, logical reasoning that we've come to expect from you.

Carry on.

I do not believe that it was created to be racist... but I do believe racists have permeated the party.

It still doesn't make any sense as to why these people who decided that spending was out of control waited until Obama took office.

There is a definitely circumstantial evidence of race being a factor.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2013, 11:36:37 AM »
I do not believe that it was created to be racist... but I do believe racists have permeated the party.

It still doesn't make any sense as to why these people who decided that spending was out of control waited until Obama took office.

Circumstantial evidence, at best.....

The stimulus and ObamaCare played a role in the Tea Party's emergence.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2013, 11:37:29 AM »
Circumstantial evidence, at best.....

The stimulus and ObamaCare played a role in the Tea Party's emergence.

I believe I stated circumstantial.... However, many people have been found guilty of crimes based on circumstantial evidence.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2013, 11:38:32 AM »
Thanks.

BS move from WWE.

You said it, getting fired for being great at your job.

Well, back to the topic at hand, Swagger might get whacked for totally unrelated reasons. Rumors are flying as to whether he will remain in the Smackdown main-event match at WrestleMania with Alberto Del Rio for the World title, after his recent DUI/weed possession arrest.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2013, 11:39:36 AM »
Well, back to the topic at hand, Swagger might get whacked for totally unrelated reasons. Rumors are flying as to whether he will remain in the Smackdown main-event match at WrestleMania with Alberto Del Rio for the World title, after his recent DUI/weed possession arrest.
Wouldn't be the first time that this has happened.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2013, 11:50:01 AM »
Wouldn't be the first time that this has happened.

The last time I recall such occuring was WrestleMania 24. Jeff Hardy got suspended shortly before the big event in Orlando. He was supposed to win the "Money in the Bank" match and eventually either the WWE or World title, as a result.

Rather than replace him, WWE just left 7 guys in the match, instead of 8, and let CM Punk get the win (he won the World title just three months later).

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2013, 01:29:47 PM »

Weed can be a life saver in rush hour.

If i ever kill anyone its probably during this time.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2013, 03:55:06 PM »
Then explain how these folks became Tea Party candidates:

Rubio, West, Cruz, Scott, Martinez, Haley, Love, McGlowan, et. al.

Apparently you also can't tell the difference between LEGAL immigration and illegal immigration, the latter with which the Tea Party has a problem.

Because they will agree with any minority that agrees with them,,thats not proof that they are not covert racists.... ;)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2013, 03:56:21 PM »

This is the best post you have ever made....good job! :)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2013, 04:04:25 PM »
Weed can be a life saver in rush hour.

If i ever kill anyone its probably during this time.

You don't live in New York or California, by chance?  ;D

Swagger got pulled over to the side and arrested, late at night, after the Smackdown taping in Mississippi.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2013, 04:09:18 PM »
The last time I recall such occuring was WrestleMania 24. Jeff Hardy got suspended shortly before the big event in Orlando. He was supposed to win the "Money in the Bank" match and eventually either the WWE or World title, as a result.

Rather than replace him, WWE just left 7 guys in the match, instead of 8, and let CM Punk get the win (he won the World title just three months later).

I take that back. There was an earlier incident, about which I forgot at the time I posted this. The Great Khali got popped and had to sit out his "Punjabi Prison" match with the Undertaker at The Great American Bash 2006.

They basically had Khali looking for the Undertaker. Taker found him first and started beating on him, when Big Show entered the fray. Teddy Long confronted the two and angrily told Big Show that he was replacing Khali in that match.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2013, 04:51:08 PM »

To me, the timing and evidence suggests that it was Bush's final year of record spending that drove the movement.

Keep in mind the movement is very loosely organized.  Just about anybody can form a group and call themselves part of the 'Tea Party' movement.

Trying to place them all or mostly under single moniker like 'racism' just doesn't fly in my opinion.

And, it makes it difficult to define who/what Tea Party is as well.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2013, 04:52:11 PM »
Because they will agree with any minority that agrees with them,,thats not proof that they are not covert racists.... ;)

Yeah...you libs love the Uncle Tom argument.  Until it comes to one of your own being racist like Harry Reid.

Then it doesn't count.  ::)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2013, 05:40:06 PM »

Yeah...you libs love the Uncle Tom argument.  Until it comes to one of your own being racist like Harry Reid.

Then it doesn't count.  ::)

come on...there is an element of racism in the Tea Party....I'm not saying that the party was founded by racists..I'm saying that a lot of people with racist intentions have gravitated to the party because it is the nearest thing that resembles their personal ideology  Don't always place everything in lib/repub terms

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2013, 09:05:15 PM »

This is the best post you have ever made....good job! :)

First of all, if you think it's my "best post", then you haven't been paying attention. You are just happy that I'm busting some white people out.

To me, the timing and evidence suggests that it was Bush's final year of record spending that drove the movement.

Keep in mind the movement is very loosely organized.  Just about anybody can form a group and call themselves part of the 'Tea Party' movement.

Trying to place them all or mostly under single moniker like 'racism' just doesn't fly in my opinion.

And, it makes it difficult to define who/what Tea Party is as well.

I do not disagree with this at all... Part of the problem as I've stated is that the Tea Party certainly may have started out as a very normal organization that was just tired of the extreme spending especially considering the financial meltdown that took place in late 2008.

Anyone can join in with the "TEA Party" and in some instances, racist white people jumped on board... That's just the way it went.

I do not believe every TEA party member is a white racist, just like I don't believe every democrat is a black racist, but they are still there and they are part of those organizations.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2013, 09:34:37 PM »
First of all, if you think it's my "best post", then you haven't been paying attention. You are just happy that I'm busting some white people out.

I do not disagree with this at all... Part of the problem as I've stated is that the Tea Party certainly may have started out as a very normal organization that was just tired of the extreme spending especially considering the financial meltdown that took place in late 2008.

Anyone can join in with the "TEA Party" and in some instances, racist white people jumped on board... That's just the way it went.

I do not believe every TEA party member is a white racist, just like I don't believe every democrat is a black racist, but they are still there and they are part of those organizations.

wow I guess some guys can't take a compliment without getting their panties in a snit.....as for your comment that I was happy that you are bursting on white people, why exactly would that make me happy?...I have nothing against white people...but I, like you, say that there are white racists in the tea party as there are surely black racists in the left wing of the democratic party....

you arguing with me aint gonna change that fact

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2013, 11:12:21 PM »
wow I guess some guys can't take a compliment without getting their panties in a snit.....as for your comment that I was happy that you are bursting on white people, why exactly would that make me happy?...I have nothing against white people...but I, like you, say that there are white racists in the tea party as there are surely black racists in the left wing of the democratic party....

you arguing with me aint gonna change that fact

It's just not my best post... that's all there is to it.

Don't get it twisted... I am not upset by the statement, I'm just saying that I typically am very balanced when it comes to my opinion and I can't believe that THIS is what you think it is my best post out of almost 14K.

Seems that you're happy because I'm putting some white people on blast... Don't forget... That's 1/2 of my family.