Author Topic: regarding restlessness with AAS use  (Read 2049 times)

skinny_buff

• Getbig II
regarding restlessness with AAS use
« on: February 23, 2013, 06:01:26 PM »
I was told to use diphenhydramine (Benadryl) as sleep aide. I had been using Melatonin to fall asleep. My work schedule is I work at night and sleep during the day so taking Melatonin during the day just before I sleep makes me very tired at night. I think the problem is we all have natural Melatonin that secretes at night when it gets dark so when I take a Melatonin supplement during the day it screws up this "cycle" of Melatonin secretion. Can someone explain better or what is your supplement of choice when it comes to sleep aides? One thing I read about Benadryl is that it can be used as for "getting high" (at high doses). Not sure what the right dose is for sleep aide purpose as I understand it is also an antihistamine/anti allergy. I'm guessing 1 pill before bed will work or whatever is on the instructions on the back of the bottle?

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
Re: regarding restlessness with AAS use
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 11:19:44 AM »
I've always had problems falling asleep at night, even without AAS i struggle to sleep most nights.  I use 1 Benedryl tab about 30 minutes before i lay down for bed and this always helps me sleep well.  You can take 2 if you need it, but 1 is always enough for me.  There aren't any bad sides with Benedryl except for that it can make you sluggish when you wake up.

Lately, i have been using a supplement i found at Walgreen's that has the following ingredients:

100mg Valerian Root
75mg Hops (humulus lupulus)
75mg Skullcap
75mg Chamomile
50mg Passion Flower
50mg Inositol
50mg L-Taurine
3mg Melatonin

I take two of these caps a few minutes before i lay down and it works really well.  It kicks in pretty fast so i take it right before i go to bed.  Since i started taking this supplement i haven't needed to use Benedryl.

Good luck, i know how much it sucks to have trouble sleeping, I've dealt with it my entire adult life.

8)

skinny_buff

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 07:47:47 PM »
3mg melatonin is what I take. Thanks for your input. But like I said about melatonin is that if taken in the morning it will screw up the body's natural melatonin release which happens at dawn when it gets dark. So this is why I am tired during the night during my work shift (I work nights and sleep during the day, thus, I take Melatonin during the day 30 minutes before I go to bed). Looks like i may have to look into benadryl.

I've always had problems falling asleep at night, even without AAS i struggle to sleep most nights.  I use 1 Benedryl tab about 30 minutes before i lay down for bed and this always helps me sleep well.  You can take 2 if you need it, but 1 is always enough for me.  There aren't any bad sides with Benedryl except for that it can make you sluggish when you wake up.

Lately, i have been using a supplement i found at Walgreen's that has the following ingredients:

100mg Valerian Root
75mg Skullcap
75mg Chamomile
50mg Passion Flower
50mg Inositol
50mg L-Taurine
3mg Melatonin

I take two of these caps a few minutes before i lay down and it works really well.  It kicks in pretty fast so i take it right before i go to bed.  Since i started taking this supplement i haven't needed to use Benedryl.

Good luck, i know how much it sucks to have trouble sleeping, I've dealt with it my entire adult life.

8)

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 04:49:11 PM »

100mg Valerian Root
75mg Skullcap
75mg Chamomile
50mg Passion Flower
50mg Inositol
50mg L-Taurine
3mg Melatonin

8)

Dude this stuff is awesome. I just picked up some a few days ago from Walgreens and I've had some of the best sleep I've had in years. And I wake up no problem, no groggyness or nothing.

Great product.

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 04:50:22 PM »
Dude this stuff is awesome. I just picked up some a few days ago from Walgreens and I've had some of the best sleep I've had in years. And I wake up no problem, no groggyness or nothing.

Great product.
Interesting. You have had previous sleeping issues?

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 05:09:19 PM »
Interesting. You have had previous sleeping issues?

Terrible insomnia. So far so good with these caps.