Author Topic: Brady proves again that he is the man!  (Read 3535 times)

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
Re: Brady proves again that he is the man!
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2013, 10:10:56 AM »
he could have held out and gotten much much more. Instead he freed up a ton of room to add more talent.  It was classy.

jordan did the same thing with the bulls to get pippen more money.  it's not classy, it's a football move like the other poster said.  money is made back via sponsors and the Ugly German.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2013, 10:38:46 AM »
Brady probably makes more off the field than he does on.  I doubt he did that out of the goodness of his heart, a million or two in Salary is chump cange to that guy at this point, between hm and his wife they are extremely wealthy.

I wouldn't say "classy" or generous...he's basically investing his money into players he knows he needs on the field ....I'd say "smart businessman"

and the money is guaranteed, very few 100% guaranteed contracts in the NFL.  you hear aboiut these 4 year, 60 million dollar contracts given out, and then two years later the guy is cut and they don't owe him a dime.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2013, 10:55:42 AM »
Brady probably makes more off the field than he does on.  I doubt he did that out of the goodness of his heart, a million or two in Salary is chump cange to that guy at this point, between hm and his wife they are extremely wealthy.

I wouldn't say "classy" or generous...he's basically investing his money into players he knows he needs on the field ....I'd say "smart businessman"

and the money is guaranteed, very few 100% guaranteed contracts in the NFL.  you hear aboiut these 4 year, 60 million dollar contracts given out, and then two years later the guy is cut and they don't owe him a dime.

While Tom Brady's contract extension lowers his average base salary and creates significant salary-cap space for the New England Patriots to surround him with a team capable of challenging for a Super Bowl, the quarterback also nearly doubled the guaranteed money owed him over the next five seasons, according to a league source who has reviewed the documents.
Y

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2013, 01:44:42 PM »

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2013, 06:38:07 PM »
Imop he did it as a show of faith to the Hierarchy (Bob Kraft is a major player in the Hierarchy)...When an LA team and stadium does happen, I think Brady's name will be tied into it one way or another. How well would an LA football team do with Tom Brady and Joe Montana as part of their owners group?

RustyTrenbolona

• Getbig IV
  • ...but it's just an empty sandwich bag...
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2013, 12:39:28 AM »
this extension doesnt kick in till 2015 at which point they can tear it up and adjust. in the mean time they free up cap space. smart business move. i believe it s mainly about the cap space at this point and brady being cool enough to not let his wallet get the better of him. even in two years, brady will be have the ability to bargain for one final massive payday, patriots or no patriots.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2013, 03:52:45 AM »
this extension doesnt kick in till 2015 at which point they can tear it up and adjust. in the mean time they free up cap space. smart business move. i believe it s mainly about the cap space at this point and brady being cool enough to not let his wallet get the better of him. even in two years, brady will be have the ability to bargain for one final massive payday, patriots or no patriots.
The whole contract is guanteed money now.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2013, 04:08:10 AM »
BTW, he took 27M over 3 years but he is also getting a 30M signing bonus.  He's no saint, just relieved the team of cap hits thru 2017, so he can have a functional squad around himself.  Some might call that self serving.  ::)  I like how the media reports shit incompletely.   He's still after the dollar like the tattooed thugs in the league.  ::)  He still avgs out $19M a year.  Is that in Manning's money hungry league?

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2013, 04:17:20 AM »
nice contract

RustyTrenbolona

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2013, 05:29:48 AM »
The whole contract is guanteed money now.

its guaranteed money when the contract starts in 2015. they aint given it to him lump sum this evening. they are freeing up cap room. then, once they re set they can always reneg in 2015 depending...and yes im jerry mcfrigginguire ;D

TheTruth90

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Steve Marcello Arce--poster boy for stupid
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2013, 05:34:42 AM »
Only on fucking getbig can you find an alcoholic trucker rooting for Tom Brady and the Pats.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2013, 06:04:16 AM »
Only on fucking getbig can you find an alcoholic trucker rooting for Tom Brady and the Pats.

What?  This is Boston - alcoholics make up most of the fanbase.
Y

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2013, 09:59:04 AM »
Hi chaos.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2013, 10:07:54 AM »
Signed a 3 year 27 million dollar extension through 2017 (will be 40 then). If I were Kraft, I would let him play through his whole deal out of respect. Only 9 million a year?  This guy is as selfless as they come, taking alot less money to keep a winning team on the field.  Guess the race.

Wrong. He is going to make more money in the long run. Look at the deal again.
A

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2013, 10:21:39 AM »
Its still a win for both sides. Not like Fucko pushing for 20 million a year.

RustyTrenbolona

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2013, 11:12:20 AM »
Its still a win for both sides. Not like Fucko pushing for 20 million a year.

fucko gotta push cause chances are he gone sukk

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2013, 11:28:58 AM »
its guaranteed money when the contract starts in 2015. they aint given it to him lump sum this evening. they are freeing up cap room. then, once they re set they can always reneg in 2015 depending...and yes im jerry mcfrigginguire ;D

How can they reneg?
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2013, 11:29:46 AM »

I'm guessing you didn't read the thread after the first post.
Y

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2013, 11:30:47 AM »
Poor Brady.  $57 million guaranteed over the next 5 years.  His wife made $40 million last year.  I think he'll be fine.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2013, 11:30:52 AM »
How can they reneg?
They can't. The money is guaranteed. I'm sure they could trade him, or sit him (if he starts sucking bad) but, they owe him that money.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2013, 11:33:20 AM »
Poor Brady.  $57 million guaranteed over the next 5 years.  His wife made $40 million last year.  I think he'll be fine.
Thank you! I told you guys that he now is guaranteed the 57 million for the five years. Not all that much if you break it down yearly, but it is great to now that he will recieve all of that money.  Ask Vick about his 100 mill contract.  It doesn't mean shit unless its guaranteed.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2013, 11:34:46 AM »
They can't. The money is guaranteed. I'm sure they could trade him, or sit him (if he starts sucking bad) but, they owe him that money.

Yes, that was my understanding too.  I don't know why the other poster keeps saying they can reneg.  Unless he means Brady/Pats can RENEGotiate, but I was taking reneg to mean back out.
Y

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2013, 11:36:26 AM »
Yes, that was my understanding too.  I don't know why the other poster keeps saying they can reneg.  Unless he means Brady/Pats can RENEGotiate, but I was taking reneg to mean back out.

Brady breaks a hand, he still gets $57.  brady blows a knee, he still gets $57, Brady only loses that money if he retires.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2013, 11:38:03 AM »
Brady breaks a hand, he still gets $57.  brady blows Welker, he still gets $57, Brady only loses that money if he retires.
fixed.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2013, 11:40:25 AM »
Brady breaks a hand, he still gets $57.  brady blows a knee, he still gets $57, Brady only loses that money if he retires.

Yes, I agree, but I don't know if that's sinking in with the others.

We are where most of us were yesterday - it was smart football move, enabled by Brady's current wealth, but hardly classy.
Y