Author Topic: Brady proves again that he is the man!  (Read 3524 times)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Re: Brady proves again that he is the man!
« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2013, 11:42:02 AM »
Yes, I agree, but I don't know if that's sinking in with the others.

We are where most of us were yesterday - it was smart football move, enabled by Brady's current wealth, but hardly classy.
Remember Grape, He took well below his value last contract as well.  He could have easily been the highest paid qb this whole time.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2013, 11:44:14 AM »
Yes, I agree, but I don't know if that's sinking in with the others.

We are where most of us were yesterday - it was smart football move, enabled by Brady's current wealth, but hardly classy.

Brady has it all right now. More money than his great, great, great grandkids would ever need.  A wife that rakes in cash, a castle to live in, numerous deals.  But he is missing that 4th SuperBowl to be tied with Montana.  It must drive him nuts that he can't get it.  Nothing classy.  he just wants that superbowl.  In reality his contract extension could be like this.

3 years at $60 million with $27 million guaranteed.  This is how NFL contracts work.  he would never see the $60 million. But that 60 million goes agains the salary cap and fucks up the accounting for them to sign new players.  So just giving him the guaranteed straight up leaves gap room. I'm pretty sure he has a $10 million Superbowl winning bonus in there along with a $5 million MVP bonus and shit like that.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2013, 11:59:36 AM »
Brady has it all right now. More money than his great, great, great grandkids would ever need.  A wife that rakes in cash, a castle to live in, numerous deals.  But he is missing that 4th SuperBowl to be tied with Montana.  It must drive him nuts that he can't get it.  Nothing classy.  he just wants that superbowl.  In reality his contract extension could be like this.

3 years at $60 million with $27 million guaranteed.  This is how NFL contracts work.  he would never see the $60 million. But that 60 million goes agains the salary cap and fucks up the accounting for them to sign new players.  So just giving him the guaranteed straight up leaves gap room. I'm pretty sure he has a $10 million Superbowl winning bonus in there along with a $5 million MVP bonus and shit like that.

yeah that's one thing that's fucked up about the NFL...you hear about these giant contracts, but they aren't worth the paper they are printed on, most of these guys never see a third of that money, it's deferred or the contract is back-loaded.. and they count against the cap.

Brady is one of the few guys that if he signed a monster deal chances are he would get every penny, he's a mega-star...but taking guaranteed money at less than what he could potentially earn is smart and helps everyone. Could he command more money? absolutely, but he's not a young QB anymore and if he gets hurt again (a very real possibility) The Patriots don't owe him shit...and business is business, if he couldn't play they would dump him with no hesitation.  Smart guy, made a good move IMO when you weigh in all of the factors.

Yeah he could hold out for more money but the truth is, where is he really going?  he's going to sign with the highest bidder and wind up in Kansas City ? He knows he's in a great situation and isn't looking to rock the boat any more than the Pats are.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2013, 12:07:43 PM »
We can only hope Eli Manning wins one more and is tied with Brady, just for the sheer fun that it will drive NE fans apeshit.
Y

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2013, 12:11:24 PM »
We can only hope Eli Manning wins one more and is tied with Brady, just for the sheer fun that it will drive NE fans apeshit.
Oh it would. Eli isn't in the same league as Brady.  This goes against the conventional arguement that rings mean everything. Marino was far better than Manning.  It should count for something about getting to the superbowl as well.  Brady had been to 5 superbowls, and two more AFC championship games.  In the conversation for best of all time.  Eli isn't even better then his own brother.  Wait, I'll do it for you:

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2013, 01:01:52 PM »
I'm guessing you didn't read the thread after the first post.
Nope. I stop reading after one retarded post.  ;D
A

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2013, 01:02:34 PM »
I knew someone would say this  ;D I think she is a beard anyway.

So I am not the only guy who got the gay vibe from Brady. Phew
all drugs - TPPIIP

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2013, 01:54:25 PM »
Oh it would. Eli isn't in the same league as Brady.  This goes against the conventional arguement that rings mean everything. Marino was far better than Manning.  It should count for something about getting to the superbowl as well.  Brady had been to 5 superbowls, and two more AFC championship games.  In the conversation for best of all time.  Eli isn't even better then his own brother.  Wait, I'll do it for you:

Eli isn't the same league as Brady.....unless they meet head-to-head. If I'm not mistaken, Eli is the only QB against which Tom Brady has a losing record (including, of course, his two losses in the big one).

Some teams just have other teams' number. Such is the case with the Giants, as it relates to the Patriots.