Author Topic: Why do people still insist Hitler was an Atheist?  (Read 21691 times)

Necrosis

• Getbig V

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Re: Why do people still insist Hitler was an Atheist?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 12:23:52 PM »

What's up, Necrosis?

I've read a lot about this and the honest conclusion is that nobody knows what he was at any particular time.  Some times he said stuff that made him sound like a theist, but nobody knows if it was propaganda to reach out to and persuade the theists.  He later said stuff that made him sound like an atheist.  He probably went from a deeply religious theist to an atheist, and possibly later to something weird(Satanism?) throughout the course of his life.  People change, and leaders like Hitler lie.

The fact is that when history remembers someone as a good person, different groups want to claim him/her.  But when history remembers someone as a bad person, no group wants to claim him/her.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 02:03:58 PM »
Hilter belonged to only one group.......deranged lunatics.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 03:39:21 AM »
Because Christians can't stand the thought he was one of them and did what he did in the name of God inspired by the Bible.
V

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 06:30:52 AM »
Because Christians can't stand the thought he was one of them and did what he did in the name of God inspired by the Bible.

Billions refer to themselves as "Christian" or "spiritual" or "religious".  The majority do nothing to represent Christ and are simply nominal Christians at best...it's an utterly meaningless association.    

Hitler was simpy disturbed and deranged.  

It matters not which "religion" he may have claimed to associate with be it Christianity or Hinduism or Islam or Catholicism or Satanism.  Short story is, a representative of Christ he was not.....that he fully and completely demonstrated LOL.  

It matters not if a library full of signed, authenticated documents (by Hitler) was produced that indicated his association with a Christian organization or if a 6-hour documentary was unearthed that showed nothing but Hitler's extensive collection of "I Love Jesus" tshirts and Christmas sweaters or if his personal diary including 100,000 entries of, "Boy howdy I love Jesus!" was uncovered.  Simple fact is, Hitler did nothing to represent Christ or live his life according to the will and purposes of God.  

The connection folks attempt to make between Hitler and Christianity is laughable and displays nothing but simple ignorance on part of those attempting to make that connection.....that's not an insult either....ignorance is simply ignorance.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 06:58:36 AM »

Atheists can't stand the thought he was one of them and did what he did in the name of natural selection inspired by Darwin's theory of evolution.   

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 10:28:33 AM »
I am not sure what is going on with the pic, I can't see it. God help me.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2013, 11:43:49 PM »
Atheists can't stand the thought he was one of them and did what he did in the name of natural selection inspired by Darwin's theory of evolution.  
Atheists don't give a fuck, the fact their is even a word for people who don't believe in GOD is ludicrous.  is their a word for people who don't believe in Aliens or ghosts or any matter of paranormal phenomenon, of course not.  The simple fact is, and this is a fact.  Hitler was a Christian, he was raised Christian, he was an altar boy and even dreamed of one day being a priest and his actions were inspired by the Bible and he believed god was on his side.  As an atheist, I don't care what Hitler was, but the fact remains "He was a Christian"

And I think you are referring to Social Darwinism, which originated from Herbert Spencer, not Charles Darwin, which is a philosophy based on flawed readings of the biology text On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection.  Social Darwinists took the biological ideas of Charles Darwin and attempted to apply them to the social sciences.  Social Darwinism is distinct from the biological theory of evolution, and only loosely connected with Charles Darwin, whom Hitler is not known to have ever mentioned.  But he sure mentioned Christianity, Christ and God a lot.

Furthermore, it seems that there is at least some evidence to suggest that, far from embracing Darwin's work and social Darwinism, the Nazis tried to ban them. The 1935 edition of the official Nazi journal for lending libraries, Die Bücherei, contains a list of banned books. One of the entries in this edition of Die Bücherei is "Writings of a philosophical and social nature whose content deals with the false scientific enlightenment of primitive Darwinism and Monism (Häckel)"

V

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2013, 06:39:04 AM »
Atheists don't give a fuck, the fact their is even a word for people who don't believe in GOD is ludicrous.  is their a word for people who don't believe in Aliens or ghosts or any matter of paranormal phenomenon, of course not.  The simple fact is, and this is a fact.  Hitler was a Christian, he was raised Christian, he was an altar boy and even dreamed of one day being a priest and his actions were inspired by the Bible and he believed god was on his side.  As an atheist, I don't care what Hitler was, but the fact remains "He was a Christian"

And I think you are referring to Social Darwinism, which originated from Herbert Spencer, not Charles Darwin, which is a philosophy based on flawed readings of the biology text On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection.  Social Darwinists took the biological ideas of Charles Darwin and attempted to apply them to the social sciences.  Social Darwinism is distinct from the biological theory of evolution, and only loosely connected with Charles Darwin, whom Hitler is not known to have ever mentioned.  But he sure mentioned Christianity, Christ and God a lot.

Furthermore, it seems that there is at least some evidence to suggest that, far from embracing Darwin's work and social Darwinism, the Nazis tried to ban them. The 1935 edition of the official Nazi journal for lending libraries, Die Bücherei, contains a list of banned books. One of the entries in this edition of Die Bücherei is "Writings of a philosophical and social nature whose content deals with the false scientific enlightenment of primitive Darwinism and Monism (Häckel)"

Great post!

I think it is quite clear Hitler was in fact a christian. My fascination with the whole atheist spin is that what difference does it make, atheism has no tenets, no rules, only the disbelief in god, what meaning you attach to that is your own. There is no logical in road to genocide from atheism, no in road to lack of morality.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2013, 07:08:32 AM »
Atheists don't give a fuck, the fact their is even a word for people who don't believe in GOD is ludicrous.  is their a word for people who don't believe in Aliens or ghosts or any matter of paranormal phenomenon, of course not.  The simple fact is, and this is a fact.  Hitler was a Christian, he was raised Christian, he was an altar boy and even dreamed of one day being a priest and his actions were inspired by the Bible and he believed god was on his side.  As an atheist, I don't care what Hitler was, but the fact remains "He was a Christian"

And I think you are referring to Social Darwinism, which originated from Herbert Spencer, not Charles Darwin, which is a philosophy based on flawed readings of the biology text On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection.  Social Darwinists took the biological ideas of Charles Darwin and attempted to apply them to the social sciences.  Social Darwinism is distinct from the biological theory of evolution, and only loosely connected with Charles Darwin, whom Hitler is not known to have ever mentioned.  But he sure mentioned Christianity, Christ and God a lot.

He was a nominal Christian as are billions of others.  Only difference between Hilter and the vast majority of other nominal Christians is he was also a lunatic.  As I said, he displayed no qualities of Christ or his divine purposes.....his life demonstrated the antithesis of Christ.   He may have been raised in a Christian home and associated with Christianity yet did nothing to represent Christ......association does not make a representative of Christ.   Love towards others and demonstration of the divine qualities of Christ does......Hitler had neither.....it's very straightforward. 

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2013, 07:48:15 AM »
He was a nominal Christian as are billions of others.  Only difference between Hilter and the vast majority of other nominal Christians is he was also a lunatic.  As I said, he displayed no qualities of Christ or his divine purposes.....his life demonstrated the antithesis of Christ.   He may have been raised in a Christian home and associated with Christianity yet did nothing to represent Christ......association does not make a representative of Christ.   Love towards others and demonstration of the divine qualities of Christ does......Hitler had neither.....it's very straightforward. 

I agree.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2013, 12:20:22 PM »

Calm down, E-Kul!  I was just kidding.  Did you not read my first post?    ::)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2013, 12:22:00 PM »
He was a nominal Christian as are billions of others.  Only difference between Hilter and the vast majority of other nominal Christians is he was also a lunatic.  As I said, he displayed no qualities of Christ or his divine purposes.....his life demonstrated the antithesis of Christ.   He may have been raised in a Christian home and associated with Christianity yet did nothing to represent Christ......association does not make a representative of Christ.   Love towards others and demonstration of the divine qualities of Christ does......Hitler had neither.....it's very straightforward.  

Man of Steel ain't lying.     :)

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2013, 02:10:22 PM »
I agree he definitely did not represent Christ.

The question rises though, that since he was a Christian, albeit nominal, will he go to heaven because he believed that Jesus died for his sins while the Jewish victims he massacred go to hell for not believing Jesus died for their sins?

That is something that does not make any sense to me.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2013, 02:29:06 PM »
I agree he definitely did not represent Christ.

The question rises though, that since he was a Christian, albeit nominal, will he go to heaven because he believed that Jesus died for his sins while the Jewish victims he massacred go to hell for not believing Jesus died for their sins?

That is something that does not make any sense to me.

It's a valid question, but ultimately the answer lies in the true contents of our hearts and God's ultimate judgement of those contents.  "Saying the words" simply isn't enough if you know what I mean.  Salvation through Christ also entails repentance which is the act of changing our minds about sin and living according to the guidance of the Holy Spirit that indwells the Christian.  In the end God will absolutely distinguish between the genuine article and the counterfeit.  You could also question the notion that if Hitler was insane and not acting of his own volition because of mental illness is he truly accountable for his actions?  Again, in the end only God will make the final judgement, but that judgement will be sufficient, righteous, appropriate, loving and in full accordance with his will.  We discuss the finality of death in this life, but this life is merely setting the stage for eternity yet to come.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2013, 03:30:23 PM »
It's a valid question, but ultimately the answer lies in the true contents of our hearts and God's ultimate judgement of those contents.  "Saying the words" simply isn't enough if you know what I mean.  Salvation through Christ also entails repentance which is the act of changing our minds about sin and living according to the guidance of the Holy Spirit that indwells the Christian.  In the end God will absolutely distinguish between the genuine article and the counterfeit.  You could also question the notion that if Hitler was insane and not acting of his own volition because of mental illness is he truly accountable for his actions?  Again, in the end only God will make the final judgement, but that judgement will be sufficient, righteous, appropriate, loving and in full accordance with his will.  We discuss the finality of death in this life, but this life is merely setting the stage for eternity yet to come.

Thanks, that answers part of the question - the one on Hitler's destiny, which is basically "we are not sure how God will judge him and whether or not he will go to heaven."

Second and unanswered part is - do the massacred Jews go to hell despite their suffering in this world, because they did not believe Jesus died for their sins?

And perhaps a third off-topic question is - do you think that's fair (Hitler being a maybe heaven and his victims being definitely hell)?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2013, 03:53:29 PM »
Thanks, that answers part of the question - the one on Hitler's destiny, which is basically "we are not sure how God will judge him and whether or not he will go to heaven."

Second and unanswered part is - do the massacred Jews go to hell despite their suffering in this world, because they did not believe Jesus died for their sins?

And perhaps a third off-topic question is - do you think that's fair (Hitler being a maybe heaven and his victims being definitely hell)?

I do not know who has gone to Heaven and who hasn't.  All I know is that Jesus said:

“I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me" John 14:6

God is not fair.  If God were fair, we would all get what we deserve, an eternity in hell for our sins. 

We do not know how many of those Jews who died in the holocaust believed in Jesus before their death.

BTW, you believe everyone of those Jews went to hell because they weren't Muslims.  In fact, many of them stopped believing in God before they died.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2013, 04:31:22 PM »
I do not know who has gone to Heaven and who hasn't.  All I know is that Jesus said:

“I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me" John 14:6

God is not fair.  If God were fair, we would all get what we deserve, an eternity in hell for our sins.  

Whoa!  Of everything you've ever posted this I disagree with most strongly!  God is perfect, and a result of bieng perfect is to be perfectly fair and just as well.  I'm honestly shocked how anyone can claim to love God and believe that He is not fair.  But it doesn't surprise me that you have to make such outrageous comments to blindly support what you want to believe.

We do not know how many of those Jews who died in the holocaust believed in Jesus before their death.

What do you mean by "believed in Jesus?"  I can say I believe in Jesus.  Are you referring to "how many Jews who died in the holocaust believed that Jesus died for their sins before their death?"  If so, we both know that would be a small percentage.  Despite the percentage, you still didn't answer the question of fairness, that the ruthless dictator "may" go to heaven whereas his suffering victims will eternally go to hell, unless some changed their beliefs sometime between their arrest and their execution.

BTW, you believe everyone of those Jews went to hell because they weren't Muslims.  In fact, many of them stopped believing in God before they died.

Now you know what I believe, wow....didn't know you can read my thoughts?  No I do not believe that everyone of those Jews will go to hell.  In Islam everyone is judged based on actions and faith, there are lots of examples given where people who have done good deeds may not go to hell.  And even among those who do spend time in hell, its not always eternal either.  For example, one can go to hell for a year to "do their time" for their crimes and then be raised to heaven.  This way Islam is most just and does not eternally damn anyone simply based on their beliefs.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2013, 04:40:43 PM »
Whoa!  Of everything you've ever posted this I disagree with most strongly!  God is perfect, and a result of bieng perfect is to be perfectly fair and just as well.  I'm honestly shocked how anyone can claim to love God and believe that He is not fair.  But it doesn't surprise me that you have to make such outrageous comments to blindly support what you want to believe.

How anyone can tolerate Muslims is beyond me, but if you are suggesting that GOD is fair, you are saying that all the EVIL crap that happens like 5 year olds being murdered by crazy gunmen while at school is an example of GOD being fair.  Well, either your interpretation of 'fair' is really psychotic or your GOD has some pretty fucked up issues he needs to deal with.  Either way, if you think all the EVIL that happens in the world is symbolic of GOD being fair, I have no idea why anybody would want to worship such a being.  By the way, all Muslims will spend eternity in HELL! Hope this helps.
V

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2013, 04:50:13 PM »
How anyone can tolerate Muslims is beyond me, but if you are suggesting that GOD is fair, you are saying that all the EVIL crap that happens like 5 year olds being murdered by crazy gunmen while at school is an example of GOD being fair.  Well, either your interpretation of 'fair' is really psychotic or your GOD has some pretty fucked up issues he needs to deal with.  Either way, if you think all the EVIL that happens in the world is symbolic of GOD being fair, I have no idea why anybody would want to worship such a being.  By the way, all Muslims will spend eternity in HELL! Hope this helps.

Wow, another internet tough guy, I thought your immature types generally stay in the G&O.

Anyway God is fair, and for that reason those who suffer during this life are compensated for in the after-life, those who commit crimes can face punishment if not forgiven, etc.  We use our own free will during this lifetime, and in using our own free will some do suffer from our evil actions, however God compensates them in the after-life because He is fair.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2013, 05:06:17 PM »
Wow, another internet tough guy, I thought your immature types generally stay in the G&O.

Anyway God is fair, and for that reason those who suffer during this life are compensated for in the after-life, those who commit crimes can face punishment if not forgiven, etc.  We use our own free will during this lifetime, and in using our own free will some do suffer from our evil actions, however God compensates them in the after-life because He is fair.
Their is no such thing as an afterlife, this is just a fairytale you have dreamed up to help explain the mystery of life and death.  It helps you avoid reality and the truth that EVIL exists, GOD allows this EVIL and that a GOD could have easily devised a free will system that worked meaning that good deeds were immediately rewarded AND EVIL DEEDS IMMEDIATELY PUNISHED WITHOUT AFFECTING FREE WILL IN ANY WAY. Based on the reality of life, GOD himself is either not ALL GOOD or he doesn't exist.  If anything, if their is a GOD, he is most certainly a DICTATOR and not operating on the human concept of fairness, good will and love. Hope this helps.
V

stingray

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2013, 06:15:23 PM »
Im not so well read about hitler and the holocost, but i hate when the jews complain about the trauma and terror in the holocoust, but then turn that around and do it on the palestinians.

A british MP, David Ward recently said this

"Having visited Auschwitz twice - once with my family and once with local schools - I am saddened that the Jews, who suffered unbelievable levels of persecution during the Holocaust, could within a few years of liberation from the death camps be inflicting atrocities on Palestinians in the new State of Israel and continue to do so on a daily basis in the West Bank and Gaza."

Well said.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2013, 07:18:46 PM »
Im not so well read about hitler and the holocost, but i hate when the jews complain about the trauma and terror in the holocoust, but then turn that around and do it on the palestinians.

A british MP, David Ward recently said this

"Having visited Auschwitz twice - once with my family and once with local schools - I am saddened that the Jews, who suffered unbelievable levels of persecution during the Holocaust, could within a few years of liberation from the death camps be inflicting atrocities on Palestinians in the new State of Israel and continue to do so on a daily basis in the West Bank and Gaza."

Well said.
David Ward is a racist and his comments reflect that, and unlike the Jews who were persecuted under NAZI Germany for no Other reason than they were JEWS, and they offered little resistance, the MUSLIMS are more than a deserving recipient of the hostility they receive.

V

stingray

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2013, 08:01:48 PM »
David Ward is a racist and his comments reflect that, and unlike the Jews who were persecuted under NAZI Germany for no Other reason than they were JEWS, and they offered little resistance, the MUSLIMS are more than a deserving recipient of the hostility they receive.

It just proves that there are forces hostile to muslims, and they have a right to dfend themselves.You claim God is not fair, you yourself are unfair aswell, you cant differenitate between right and wrong.

What did the palestinains do to receive there terror?

stingray

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2013, 08:07:07 PM »

1. "If I were an Arab leader, I would never sign an agreement with Israel. It is normal; we have taken their country. It is true God promised it to us, but how could that interest them? Our God is not theirs. There has been Anti - Semitism, the Nazis, Hitler, Auschwitz, but was that their fault ? They see but one thing: we have come and we have stolen their country. Why would they accept that?"

David Ben Gurion (the first Israeli Prime Minister): Quoted by Nahum Goldmann in Le Paraddoxe Juif (The Jewish Paradox), pp121.

2."We have to kill all the Palestinians unless they are resigned to live here as slaves."

Chairman Heilbrun of the Committee for the Re-election of General Shlomo Lahat, the mayor of Tel Aviv, October 1983.

3. "We declare openly that the Arabs have no right to settle on even one centimeter of Eretz Israel... Force is all they do or ever will understand. We shall use the ultimate force until the Palestinians come crawling to us on all fours."

Rafael Eitan, Chief of Staff of the Israeli Defense Forces - Gad Becker, Yediot Ahronot 13 April 1983, New York Times 14 April 1983.

4. "Everybody has to move, run and grab as many hilltops as they can to enlarge the settlements because everything we take now will stay ours... Everything we don't grab will go to them."

Ariel Sharon, Israeli Foreign Minister, addressing a meeting of militants from the extreme right-wing Tsomet Party, Agence France Presse, November 15, 1998.

5."We walked outside, Ben-Gurion accompanying us. Allon repeated his question, what is to be done with the Palestinian population?' Ben-Gurion waved his hand in a gesture which said 'Drive them out!'"

Yitzhak Rabin, leaked censored version of Rabin memoirs,
 published in the New York Times, 23 October 1979.