Author Topic: lagging muscles twice a week  (Read 4838 times)

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
Re: lagging muscles twice a week
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2013, 10:27:45 PM »

AVBG

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2013, 11:23:49 PM »
Twice a week for lagging body parts is what I do.. Something about protein synthesis  :D.. Chiro Flex back me up brah

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2013, 11:46:48 PM »
Twice a week for lagging body parts is what I do.. Something about protein synthesis  :D.. Chiro Flex back me up brah
Funny that you say that...

Well, growing up, my father worked as a TV repairman. As a young child, I often played in his workshop during the evening. Many of the lessons I learned from his business crossed over directly into my bodybuilding pursuits. I can't think of a better example that the time he was working on an old Model 6 RCA 28" tube television, and he took a break and sat me on his lap, and explained to me the difference between whey isolate and whey hydrolysate, and their unique differences on the amino acid spectrum, as well as their affinity for gluconeogenesis when taken post-workout. It was times like those, that forever shaped me as a young man and fueled my desire to attain several plastic trophies each year in my muscle-making tournaments.

AVBG

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2013, 02:06:07 AM »
Funny that you say that...

Well, growing up, my father worked as a TV repairman. As a young child, I often played in his workshop during the evening. Many of the lessons I learned from his business crossed over directly into my bodybuilding pursuits. I can't think of a better example that the time he was working on an old Model 6 RCA 28" tube television, and he took a break and sat me on his lap, and explained to me the difference between whey isolate and whey hydrolysate, and their unique differences on the amino acid spectrum, as well as their affinity for gluconeogenesis when taken post-workout. It was times like those, that forever shaped me as a young man and fueled my desire to attain several plastic trophies each year in my muscle-making tournaments.

Genius

Jovo

• Getbig III
  • Getbig !
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2013, 02:39:12 AM »
has any one here ever actually brought up a weak bodypart ?

I have a strong feeling that it is impossible to do it, you can just make your body bigger in general, but never change proportions.

what do you guys think ?

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2013, 02:54:41 AM »
There's no way to bring up bad body parts except from synthol.

They will always lag, no matter what.

Fun fact: I am powerlifter. I haven't trained delts at all since january. After 2 months of heavy pressing, dips and some light inclines twice a week my delts have grown tremendously. My chest? None to zero progress.

I've never trained my traps except from once in a blue moon. They are my best bodypart in upper body.

I hate training legs. They grow from squats only, powerlifting style with very low volume, no hypertrophy training intended. If I don't train them at all they will atrophy very slowly.

I trained calves for 3-4 years and then stopped after realising my girlfriend's got bigger calves from heels.

My friend who doesn't train arms at all sports 48cm ripped guns with incredible biceps peak and shape. They look over 50cm easily.

If you brought up weak bodypart it means that your previous training method was shit. If it was halfway decent then I'm sorry, it won't "blow up".

I always laugh when people come to my at the gym and tell me they brought up this, or that. I don't see any fucking difference.

Bottom line: why would you care if you're casual lifter. As long as you're muscular and around 12% or less you look good. If you're compting buy fucking syntherol and don't waste your time on new training methods.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2013, 03:08:59 AM »
deceiver bringing the absolute truth.

once a week, twice a week, three times a week... it doesn't matter!  that people don't realize this boggles my mind.  sometimes i even feel crazy.  like, am i the only one who has ever tried different things?  and realized there's pretty much no way that some guy dicking around in the gym is ever going to be able to confidently say that technique A gave me .0001 mm more diameter on my arms than technique B?

it's no wonder the supplement / fitness "industries" are so rife with pseudo science... the kind of moron to whom bodybuilding generally appeals eats this shit up.  how do any of you measure ANYHING that you do?  how can you isolate variables?  how can you repeat results?  practically every gym rat will happily give some prescription for even the tiniest detail... 4 factor rep tempos, macro breakdowns to the percent, "intensity techniques"... what a bunch of SHIT.  keep on preaching retarded hairsplitting bullshit all the while there are ten million youtube videos of bodyuilders, olympic lifters, powerlifters, and athletes at all levels of development contributing to a body of training documentation that can obliterate any and all of your simpleton dogma -- for every "technique" you can think of, there will be dozens of examples of people who did the exact opposite for great results, and dozens who did the exact same for shit results.

besides this, it's pretty obvious training barely matters anyway.  if you were born to be big, you will be big with any halfway decent training program.  if you weren't, you won't.  END OF STORY.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2013, 03:20:13 AM »
Working muscles Twice a week is a very good thing, especially if natural.  Naturals need to work out much more than juicers to really get results.

I do everything twice a week.  3 days hypertrophy specific and 2 days Heavy for Power.  Like this:

1.Back and Shoulders Hyper
2.Lower body Hyper
3.Chest and Arms Hyper
4. off
5. Upper Body Power Day-Includes Arms
6. Lower Body Power Day
7.off

how does your routine in your hyper and power days looks like? I can undestand the hyper days but as far as reps, sets and movements goes on pwr days..what do you do?

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2013, 03:39:01 AM »
Naturals get more benefit from training often? How the fuck did anyone come up with this, juice makes you recover faster so if anyone needs to train more often its the juicers

deceiver

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2013, 05:29:23 AM »
As a natural you should stick to basic movements and really stop thinking about "growing X bodypart".

Just enjoy training, you won't become a beast anyway.

My friend, 100% natural and I'm sure about that (I wanna buy this guy some test for his bday, he should friggin explode). He doesn't train arms directly, does only squats for legs, heavy deadlifts and tons of presses.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2013, 05:39:11 AM »
Naturals get more benefit from training often? How the fuck did anyone come up with this, juice makes you recover faster so if anyone needs to train more often its the juicers

i think that when someone is a starter he benefits the most from training hard everything once a week but with people who train for years and dont grow much anymore it can surely break some barriers. i used to train arms once a week and now i do them 3/4 times a week haha. maybe ridicilous but i already noticed some major changes.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2013, 05:39:45 AM »
has any one here ever actually brought up a weak bodypart ?

I have a strong feeling that it is impossible to do it, you can just make your body bigger in general, but never change proportions.

what do you guys think ?

good question

Arnold brought up his calves quite well, if i remember correctly

Tito24

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2013, 05:42:32 AM »
shape will never change, unfortunately, but yes bodyparts can be brought up even after years of training like myself. only with calves and forearms i dont believe in that, you have it or you dont. but i cant deny tom platz and arnolds gains at that department.

Tito24

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2013, 07:39:02 AM »
my chest was incredibly flat the first years of training and i thought it would always be,
 now its the best part i have together with delts, i still dont know what made the breaktrough.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2013, 07:39:38 AM »
my chest was incredibly flat the first years of training and i thought it would always be,
 now its the best part i have together with delts, i still dont know what made the breaktrough.
love to tittyf*ck that
follow the arrows

deceiver

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2013, 07:51:30 AM »
i was just about to say that yesterday, but had no time.

weak bodypart will remain weak bodypart forever.

my chest, somewhat weaker than my shoulders and arms, no matter how i train it, no matter how i focus on flexing it etctc, always even from the most direct chest work,my shoulders and tricps will benefit more.

hell, sometimes, i get a better and fast pump in my BICEPS! when doing bench press or flies.no kidding.

i found the best bodyparts are those where you always always get a good pump straight away,every time.

in the arms, i get pumps even naturaly at any time, straight away after bit flexing.

now, my worst part is my traps by far, i did everything in the world, nothing worked, nothging will.i can shrug quite alot weight with proper form, but it matters...fuck all ;D

oh well, cant have eeverything i guess, atleast im blessed with good arms, fast metabolism and small waist.

bw, i feel steroids make this lagging muscle group issue even worse, as in , they pronounce the problem even more.chest will grow some, but shoulders and tris will grow out of order, making chest even smaller appearing overall.

see evan centipani, surely the guy knows how to train chest and is on plenty gear and knows diet, but its clear his chest will always be piss poor

I get crazy pumps in my chest after something like:

flat bench 3x5
incline light 3x10
dips 3x20

BUT my shoulders still grow better (I do NOT train shoulders)

See, it's not even a matter of what do you stimulate. Shit bodypart will remain shit bodypart :D

Tito24

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2013, 08:07:33 AM »

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2013, 08:23:40 AM »
Working muscles Twice a week is a very good thing, especially if natural.  Naturals need to work out much more than juicers to really get results.
I do everything twice a week.  3 days hypertrophy specific and 2 days Heavy for Power.  Like this:
1.Back and Shoulders Hyper
2.Lower body Hyper
3.Chest and Arms Hyper
4. off
5. Upper Body Power Day-Includes Arms
6. Lower Body Power Day
7.off
It was said that, Serge Nubret (P.I.P) trained everything twice per week.. but his split was high volume

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2013, 08:28:17 AM »
http://boldanddetermined.com/2011/02/02/serge-nubrets-old-school-workout-routine/

Serge would lift weights 6 days a week and he would hit each muscle group twice per week.

Monday: Chest, Quads and Abs

Tuesday: Back, Hamstrings and Abs

Wednesday: Shoulders, Arms, Calves and Abs

Thursday: Chest, Quads and Abs

Friday: Back, Hamstrings and Abs

Saturday: Shoulders, Arms, Calves and Abs

Sunday: Rest (abs only)

Serge Nubret’s Routine:

Monday:
Quads

Squats – 8 sets of 12 reps

Leg Press – 6 sets of 12 reps

Leg Extension – 6 sets of 12 reps

Chest

Bench Press – 8 sets of 12 reps

Flat Bench Flye’s – 6 sets of 12 reps

Incline Bench Press – 6 sets of 12 reps

Incline Flye’s – 6 sets of 12 reps

Dumbbell Pullovers – 6 sets of 12 reps

Tito24

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2013, 08:40:29 AM »
serge nubret is dead

deceiver

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2013, 08:42:11 AM »
I tried high volume with lower weights, I lost tons of muscle lol.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2013, 08:52:03 AM »
yeah i dont do that shit... Ronnie Colemans trains high volume to me...

I go once per week per body part.
Start with a big movement for that muscle group.. and work down to isolate it

18 sets per body part...

L00n

• Getbig IV
  • Bulgaria
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2013, 09:06:16 AM »
for calves - yes, for traps - depends

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2013, 09:08:05 AM »
Will working traps and calves twice a week do any good?  Common skinny fat natty iditot
I know people say you should go but the soreness.
But I find working a lagging bodypart as soon as it isn't sore works great. I have hit a lagging body part 3-4 times a week.
A

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2013, 09:47:30 AM »
i don't know for many but i feel if ur training on,natural or clean ,,a clean lifter 4x is plenty and i would say train /off plan works like mon/wed/fr/sun routine and drugged as well,,grouping 3on i off or 5/2 clean will put u in the ground recovery time wise for the long haul ,few months ok but as ur normal training no,,,i do mon/wed/thur/sat works ok for me calves/abs are done 2x everything else done heavy/moderate weights/reps depending on day/feel.in the end all up to individual.if ur in gym for 2 hrs as well with those consecutive workouts natural/clean good luck...