Author Topic: Flacco signed  (Read 11669 times)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
Re: Flacco signed
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2013, 07:31:18 AM »
they just won a super bowl, there is no need to blow up the team

you think they'll be fine after losing ray lewis, ed reed, kruger, ellerbe, pollard, and boldin?  

why did boldin only get a 6th round pick and why trade him to a team that could easily prevent your team from winning it again?  if boldin was on the 49ers last year the super bowl result could've been different

perhaps it's a brother doing a brother a favor?

E

Dude...there's such a thing known as the salary cap, right? Every team has to manage it. The Ravens are managing their future. Some players you just can't keep. I'm pissed about losing Ellerbe but did you see how bad he got overpaid?? Same with Kruger....we're talking 70million in just those two players...fucking retarded. Pollard is starting to wear down from his style of play and recent injuries. Next man up for all of those positions. I have faith in my team's front office decsions.

The jury is still out on Ed Reed but he'd have to take less money to stay in Baltimore. Honestly, I'd be shocked if he stayed in Baltimore. He's visiting with the Texans today. 3 teams will throw 30 million over 3 years with 12-15 million guaranteed at him.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2013, 06:23:24 AM »
Sounds like the Ravens let these guys walk earl, how does Flaccos deal cause that? Q was traded(bad choice, but they did it classy by trading him to a contender who will pay his full salary) Kruger was a one trick pony who's stats swelled only after the return of Suggs, Ellerbe, while it does sting, was paid a shitload of money and was always in Harbs doghouse because of his attitude, and Pollard was the so called leader of the mutiny back in October. I'm not saying that a bit of rebuilding isn't going on, but to blame it all on Flaccos contract is not true.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2013, 07:52:15 AM »
The Ravens paid a heavy price when they tried to keep their 2000 Superbowl team together for another run. They had some roller coaster seasons over the next few years after that. The Ravens are preparing to reload and change the face of the team, simple as that. Even still...I would be shocked if the Ravens played below .500 ball next season. Just too well coached and still a lot of young talent on the roster, not to mention Flacco has something to prove living up to that contract.

And how about James Harrison coming to Baltimore? I would love that. He still has gas in the tank even though past his prime. Baltimore needs linebackers and he'd be a great transitional player for the next 2 seasons or so and a good mentor for the younger players. I've always liked his style of play. He's a badass. And I love the Chris Canty signing.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2013, 01:48:22 PM »
Sounds like the Ravens let these guys walk earl, how does Flaccos deal cause that? Q was traded(bad choice, but they did it classy by trading him to a contender who will pay his full salary) Kruger was a one trick pony who's stats swelled only after the return of Suggs, Ellerbe, while it does sting, was paid a shitload of money and was always in Harbs doghouse because of his attitude, and Pollard was the so called leader of the mutiny back in October. I'm not saying that a bit of rebuilding isn't going on, but to blame it all on Flaccos contract is not true.

and what about boldin and ed reed?

no way they win the super bowl without those two

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2013, 01:51:35 PM »
The Ravens paid a heavy price when they tried to keep their 2000 Superbowl team together for another run. They had some roller coaster seasons over the next few years after that. The Ravens are preparing to reload and change the face of the team, simple as that. Even still...I would be shocked if the Ravens played below .500 ball next season. Just too well coached and still a lot of young talent on the roster, not to mention Flacco has something to prove living up to that contract.

And how about James Harrison coming to Baltimore? I would love that. He still has gas in the tank even though past his prime. Baltimore needs linebackers and he'd be a great transitional player for the next 2 seasons or so and a good mentor for the younger players. I've always liked his style of play. He's a badass. And I love the Chris Canty signing.

the problem was they let trent dilfer go and elvis grbac decided to retire after one season with the ravens, then they drafted kyle boller

harrison has gone soft since all the fines

E
E

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2013, 02:11:20 PM »
Not sure of the exact details yet, but I'm hearing 6 year 120 million. I'm excited, if its cap friendly, upinthemguts, what say you?
that's nice, last time they won they just cut the quarterback ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) i guess they like flacco better than trent dilfer.
F

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2013, 04:50:33 PM »
and what about boldin and ed reed?

no way they win the super bowl without those two

E

They wouldn't have, but it's not like they thought to keep holding either. They traded him. Reed is yet to be determined.