Author Topic: Arnold Classic champ - Mike Ashley in 1991  (Read 22111 times)

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Arnold classic 'champ" Mike Ashley.
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2013, 04:59:40 PM »
had as much mass per inch as much as ray and all 5'9 and under guys and did it drug free  :P,,,he owes shawn ray a lunch at least at the firehouse,,,

hey, he's lucky he was drug free, I had to pay for all of mine!!

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2013, 05:00:12 PM »
 ;D

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2013, 07:39:40 AM »
;D

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2013, 10:11:23 AM »

POTD
O

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2013, 04:15:32 PM »
He had a candid interview in musclemag about a year ago claiming he only did 400 mg test and 400 mg deca for a show...   Maybe he was just a great responder!?

What issue was that? I didn't see it.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2013, 04:22:47 PM »
Arnold classic 25th will be something to remember if. ....Mike Ashley, Arnold Classic winner 1991, gives the tittle back to Shawn Ray.

Just like Milli vanilli gave their Grammy back that very same year  it was all a LIE ..

THis legend pro IFBB champ Mike Ashley spent his glorious days bashing on steroids,how BAD they were/are, he always separated himself form the rest, by claiming he was the only natural champion....   I still dont know  why to this date he has managed to get away with such monumental BS>

The only Arnold Classic winner drug free"....really?

Shawn Ray is the only Arnold classic winner to have his tittle taken from him days after winning it in the 25th years of the "sport".

WOOOSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHH

That's because Shawn failed the test with the results not coming back, until after the show. It's that simple. Shawn doesn't get the title back. Ashley didn't, bottom line. Whether you think he cheated to beat the test or not is conjecture, at this point.

Even if Ashley were cheating and got caught, it still doesn't absolve Shawn Ray of his actions (as far as this show was concerned). Shawn Ray had no (and, to this day, still has no) beef with Mike Ashley. Why should you?

BTW - Ray actually did win the ASC in 1991; Ashley won it in 1990.

All this proves is that the promoters should make sure the test results come BEFORE the show ends. A similar thing happened again at the 1996 AAU Mr. America.

Charles Durr won the AAU Mr. America on stage. But, that show was tested too, with the results coming afterwards.

Once the test results were known, Durr got popped and was disqualified. Tall-class winner, Doug Reiser, ended being officially the 1996 AAU Mr. America.

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2013, 07:40:24 PM »
That's because Shawn failed the test with the results not coming back, until after the show. It's that simple. Shawn doesn't get the title back. Ashley didn't, bottom line. Whether you think he cheated to beat the test or not is conjecture, at this point.

Even if Ashley were cheating and got caught, it still doesn't absolve Shawn Ray of his actions (as far as this show was concerned). Shawn Ray had no (and, to this day, still has no) beef with Mike Ashley. Why should you?

All this proves is that the promoters should make sure the test results come BEFORE the show ends. A similar thing happened again at the 1996 AAU Mr. America.

Charles Durr won the AAU Mr. America on stage. But, that show was tested too, with the results coming afterwards.

Once the test results were known, Durr got popped and was disqualified. Tall-class winner, Doug Reiser, ended being officially the 1996 AAU Mr. America.

Hi Mike!
you are gay.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2013, 07:44:48 PM »

OMFG !  Only on GetBIg.

WOOOSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2013, 12:13:09 AM »
OMFG !  Only on GetBIg.

That's true. Shawn Ray had beef with everyone. Even with Shawn Ray.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2013, 12:17:44 AM »
OMFG !  Only on GetBIg.

So when did Shawn have a problem with Mike Ashley? And, for that matter, where is this mystery article, with Ashley admitting to using low doses of anabolics?

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2013, 11:02:49 AM »
So when did Shawn have a problem with Mike Ashley? And, for that matter, where is this mystery article, with Ashley admitting to using low doses of anabolics?

Are you arguing this point because you belive Ashley to be natural?

Or you just feel like arguing?

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2013, 11:29:54 AM »
ashley based on bbing criteria mass/shape/condition would be greatest natural all time with jean paul guillame #2,,,

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2013, 11:32:55 AM »
Are you arguing this point because you belive Ashley to be natural?

Or you just feel like arguing?

Someone made the claim. And I have plenty of 2002 and 2003 issues of MuscleMag International. So, let's see the reference.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2013, 11:42:43 AM »

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2013, 05:43:22 PM »
Don't take my word for it.

http://musculardevelopment.com/contests/2013-arnold-classic/5262-winner-mike-ashley-discusses-the-controversial-1990-arnold-classic-with-shawn-ray.html

Man, I swear I read it in one of them, my wife through them all away.   Maybe he didn't admit it, but it was a whole story about how small mike Ashley was when not competing, then bam, put on 30-40 pounds... It went on to say he did low doses...  I just remember reading that, either musclemag or ironman. They had pics of him looking 180 lbs then supersized at 220. 
Why would I be making this up???   Someone has to have this article
you are gay.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2013, 05:44:10 PM »
  there were some articles about him using PED    any one have them?

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2013, 05:44:33 PM »
ashley based on bbing criteria mass/shape/condition would be greatest natural all time with jean paul guillame #2,,,
He still looks to be is great shape.

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2013, 05:49:37 PM »
He still looks to be is great shape.

Why does everyone say that? All the pics in this thread are 20 years old, there isn't any current pics of him, so how can we say he still looks great?
you are gay.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2013, 05:53:43 PM »
Why does everyone say that? All the pics in this thread are 20 years old, there isn't any current pics of him, so how can we say he still looks great?
I saw him at the Arnold this weekend and he still looks the same size.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2013, 09:25:27 PM »
Man, I swear I read it in one of them, my wife through them all away.   Maybe he didn't admit it, but it was a whole story about how small mike Ashley was when not competing, then bam, put on 30-40 pounds... It went on to say he did low doses...  I just remember reading that, either musclemag or ironman. They had pics of him looking 180 lbs then supersized at 220.  
Why would I be making this up???   Someone has to have this article

I have plenty of MuscleMag International issues from 2002 and 2003. You name the issue and I'll look it up.

The gist of this thread is that, somehow, Ashley is guilty of some sort of crime for being awarded the ASC title, after Ray got disqualified.

That is utterly ridiculous. If there's any injustice, it's that they didn't have the results of the tests before the finals. As the interview says, Mike Ashley didn't get to smooze with Arnold and get the big photshoot.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2013, 02:01:39 AM »
I have plenty of MuscleMag International issues from 2002 and 2003. You name the issue and I'll look it up.

The gist of this thread is that, somehow, Ashley is guilty of some sort of crime for being awarded the ASC title, after Ray got disqualified.

That is utterly ridiculous. If there's any injustice, it's that they didn't have the results of the tests before the finals. As the interview says, Mike Ashley didn't get to smooze with Arnold and get the big photshoot.

Oh so you are not criminal if you don't get caught,... ah... I get it now, ...........please  ::)

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2013, 02:07:56 AM »
Natural is a very relative concept. After years on Getbig, no one is surprised anymore to see pics of TDongz hairy ass. This is not natural. It has become natural.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2013, 02:19:37 AM »

so someone getting disqualified for PED at a bbing contest is not ridiculous?

::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2013, 07:00:25 AM »
I agree with what Mike is doing, I think lance Armstrong should have pulled a mike Ashley!   

If u are gonna deny, keep denying!

No way was he natural for the arnold, maybe he only used test so he can say natural (ie, testosterone is natural in the body)
you are gay.