Author Topic: 2013 Arnold Classic - Results  (Read 17912 times)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Re: Arnold Classic 2013 - Result
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2013, 10:01:02 AM »
That's because you are either blind or moron. Cedric go on stage with tons of water, looking like shit, no cuts and no condition what so ever. You may be fan of his, but that doesn't matter in the score card.
The ifbb judges placed him fairly and properly, he comes on stage looking like he is 3 weeks out, I would have placed him 6th as well, fair placing. This Rajkapoor has a poor perception on what conditioning is about, he thinks guys are shredded when they are not, he does not know what shredded is.

falco

• Getbig V
Re: 2013 Arnold Classic - Results
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2013, 12:45:51 PM »
Lot's of water on that Cedric fella.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2013, 12:49:57 PM »

A lot of trial and error with the site enhancement stuff

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2013, 07:57:14 PM »

A lot of trial and error with the site enhancement stuff

At that rate he will be another Palumbo before age 35.

WOOOSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H

the_swami

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2013, 08:52:20 PM »
the swami called the result  :)

still ben pak is 5th tier

waist way too wide causing lack of V taper

great legs but upper body still needs more size to match legs
chest better but needs alot mroe thickness
glaring weakness are his arms, way too small for the rest of him

Yamgishi looks terrible- stage 4 palumbosim setting in, look @ his triceps atrohpy, gut distension - too late for him

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2013, 09:57:55 PM »
Chad Nicholls talks about Ben Pak's 2nd place finish

Rajkapoor

• Getbig III
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2013, 02:30:11 AM »
That's because you are either blind or moron. Cedric go on stage with tons of water, looking like shit, no cuts and no condition what so ever. You may be fan of his, but that doesn't matter in the score card.
you wont get it because you are a dickhead like some in the panel of judges.that is why they dont post the the real judges sheet with judges placings of athletes.
judges use to go for aesthetic and structure before they consider condition.its other way around now.they are going for shredded crazy mass no matter how fucked up your aesthetic and structure is.i am not saying that cedric was on his A game becuse if he was he would have won it like walk in the park all i am saying is worst cedric is better than big gut Ben and yamagishi and how they even consider johnnie  for top placings who is out of proportion to began with big upper body with chicken legs.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2013, 02:35:24 AM »
you wont get it because you are a dickhead like some in the panel of judges.that is why they dont post the the real judges sheet with judges placings of athletes.
judges use to go for aesthetic and structure before they consider condition.its other way around now.they are going for shredded crazy mass no matter how fucked up your aesthetic and structure is.i am not saying that cedric was on his A game becuse if he was he would have won it like walk in the park all i am saying is worst cedric is better than big gut Ben and yamagishi and how they even consider johnnie  for top placings who is out of proportion to began with big upper body with chicken legs.
It does not matter, he knew what the judges reward and he did not bring what the judges reward, the others did, especially Ben, if you want to play the game you have to play by the judges rules, plain and simple, if not then he can take up basketball, stop your whining, he was placed properly.

Rajkapoor

• Getbig III
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2013, 02:43:42 AM »
It does not matter, he knew what the judges reward and he did not bring what the judges reward, the others did, especially Ben, if you want to play the game you have to play by the judges rules, plain and simple, if not then he can take up basketball, stop your whining, he was placed properly.
he is the peoples winner anyways which is most important.go on boards and no one talking about ben,yamagishi or jhonnie.cedric is all over the boards.bodybuilding audience speaking loud and clear what they want to see but some dickheads dont want to listen.you row with the flow i will say what is right.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2013, 02:54:12 AM »
he is the peoples winner anyways which is most important.go on boards and no one talking about ben,yamagishi or jhonnie.cedric is all over the boards.bodybuilding audience speaking loud and clear what they want to see but some dickheads dont want to listen.you row with the flow i will say what is right.
Now you are talking, good you learned something. The judges need to change their format, I can agree with that but based on their current format he was placed properly.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2013, 03:08:54 AM »

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2013, 03:10:24 AM »

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2013, 03:22:05 AM »
Ced is one of the most gifted BB's on the current circuit in terms of size, symmetry and structure - OTH is right - he fucked up and if he had come in sliced he would of swept the stage with that rubbish on display next to him.

But in saying this, even though he wasn't conditioned he still looked the best on stage and should of won  :D

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2013, 03:25:39 AM »

erics

• Getbig III
« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2013, 03:41:49 AM »
Ced is one of the most gifted BB's on the current circuit in terms of size, symmetry and structure - OTH is right - he fucked up and if he had come in sliced he would of swept the stage with that rubbish on display next to him.

But in saying this, even though he wasn't conditioned he still looked the best on stage and should of won  :D

That's the power of having a well balanced, proportioned physique with full muscles and good presentation - you will always look good.

Even out of shape, he looks better than the junk that we have seen so far.

People are so stupid. How did Lee Labrada manage to hang with monster like Lee Haney? How did Shawn Ray manage to not look out of place next to a massive Dorian Yates?

Balance, proportion and presentation. It made those two 'small' bodybuilders always look good and never out of place.

F**k me, it is so blindingly obvious what ought to be important in bodybuilding.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2013, 03:53:50 AM »
That's the power of having a well balanced, proportioned physique with full muscles and good presentation - you will always look good.

Even out of shape, he looks better than the junk that we have seen so far.

People are so stupid. How did Lee Labrada manage to hang with monster like Lee Haney? How did Shawn Ray manage to not look out of place next to a massive Dorian Yates?

Balance, proportion and presentation. It made those two 'small' bodybuilders always look good and never out of place.

F**k me, it is so blindingly obvious what ought to be important in bodybuilding.
Horrible examples. Those 2 always came in super shredded, they never came in looking like they were 3 weeks out like Cedric

erics

• Getbig III
« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2013, 04:04:08 AM »
Horrible examples. Those 2 always came in super shredded, they never came in looking like they were 3 weeks out like Cedric

Disagree.

They looked better for being in shape, for sure. But it was their aesthetic balance that made them always looking good.

Cedric was off, okay, but his shape, balance and fullness still makes hims look more interesting to look at.

I know the judging doesn't think that is enough but that is because bodybuilding judges are useless twats.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2013, 04:09:40 AM »
Disagree.

They looked better for being in shape, for sure. But it was their aesthetic balance that made them always looking good.

Cedric was off, okay, but his shape, balance and fullness still makes hims look more interesting to look at.

I know the judging doesn't think that is enough but that is because bodybuilding judges are useless twats.
You disagree? OK answer this, If Shawn or Lee L came in looking 3 weeks out where would they place?..... they would drop considerably, definitely out of the top 6, same thing that happen to Cedric, no different so still horrible example.

erics

• Getbig III
« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2013, 04:15:35 AM »
You disagree? OK answer this, If Shawn or Lee L came in looking 3 weeks out where would they place?..... they would drop considerably, definitely out of the top 6, same thing that happen to Cedric, no different so still horrible example.

That's a matter for what the judges think is of value in assessing a physique. And we both know judges love 'conditioning'. So it's a no-brainer that the judges would mark them down.

My argument is that even with 'poor' conditioning, a balanced and well-proportioned physique looks better than a physique without good balance but is conditioned.

Obviously the judges don't think so but they are twats.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2013, 04:19:27 AM »
That's a matter for what the judges think is of value in assessing a physique. And we both know judges love 'conditioning'. So it's a no-brainer that the judges would mark them down.

My argument is that even with 'poor' conditioning, a balanced and well-proportioned physique looks better than a physique without good balance but is conditioned.

Obviously the judges don't think so but they are twats.
I hold the same view in that Cedric looks better but based on my preference not the judging criteria. So we can not complain about his placing if he knew what the judges wanted and did not bring what they wanted. Anyone would rather have Cedrics Physique over anyone elses but standing there relaxed he looked smooth as hell so he deserved what he got.

erics

• Getbig III
« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2013, 04:27:53 AM »
I hold the same view in that Cedric looks better but based on my preference not the judging criteria. So we can not complain about his placing if he knew what the judges wanted and did not bring what they wanted. Anyone would rather have Cedrics Physique over anyone elses but standing there relaxed he looked smooth as hell so he deserved what he got.

Judging is twat based.

What is the ratio of value assigned to each component of judging? The scorecard doesn't help in working that one out.

Cedric's balance, proportions, size and based on the posing I saw in that short video, presentation, is so far ahead of the others, that surely it could be argued it was enough to counter his relatively poor conditioning?

If he was only a little better than the others in terms of balance etc, fair enough, his conditioning would obviously cost him. But his balance etc wasn't just a little better than everyone else's.

He seems so far ahead in that department that it makes me wonder just how on earth they consider each component and of what value they give to it.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2013, 04:32:42 AM »
Well the good thing is all he has to do is come in peeled and he will win the Arnold and come in top 3 Olympia

erics

• Getbig III
« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2013, 04:34:10 AM »
Well the good thing is all he has to do is come in peeled and he will win the Arnold and come in top 3 Olympia

Still doesn't change the fact that the judges are twats.

But if he wins, it would be good.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2013, 04:46:50 AM »
Cedric holding too much water as I had  said when they showed those pics earlier this month, Top Arnold = Top 2 Masters Olympia  ??? , that Pulaski dude is an abomination...filled with oil, the only thing real about him are his quads and calves...all in all, the 'sport' still on the decline... Iceman...post some pics from the 90s.
L

Rajkapoor

• Getbig III
« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2013, 06:42:02 AM »
Now you are talking, good you learned something. The judges need to change their format, I can agree with that but based on their current format he was placed properly.
ok we agree on that 'judging format bringing bodybuilding down big time'.these should be top 3.
1-dexter
2-toney
3-cedric
if they had any sense at all.i still want to see real judging sheet.people and athletes have right to know.try to speak with some judges at your next pro show you will get the idea what you are dealing with.most of  judges have no clue what the fuck they are doing.open judges sheet will expose the black sheeps.they are there because their ass kissing qualities.