Author Topic: Getbiggers & Coupons  (Read 2452 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Getbiggers & Coupons
« on: March 03, 2013, 02:35:06 PM »
what do you use coupons for on a regular basis?  I was behind some kid at the supermarket checkout... 20 or 22... using phrases like "I'm ballin out of control with coupons, dog", very proud of his savings.

He bought $95 worth of stuff and only paid $15.  

What do you regularly use coupons for on a regular basis?  Any sites you'd recommend?  I never do, but probably should.  

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Re: Getbiggers & Coupons
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 02:43:21 PM »
scouring for coupons is for people who probably dont have a job

but nothing wrong with saving money, i get a home depot coupon once a month and i save 20 percent on all paints that comes in very handy , the limit is i could spend a 1000 a month and save 200 bucks if i wanted to thats crazy savings
A

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 02:51:20 PM »
self outing, but yes I am a couponer. mainly with detergents and hygene products. My goal is alway 60% off the total bill which isnt too impressive, but not too shabby.

It super easy, ill give you a real world example of something Im doing tonight:

you have to get a "club" card from whatever store, in this case its rite-aid (dont know if its a national chain) but its a pharmacy/ variety store in Calif.

1. Tide detergent is regularly 17$ for the 108 oz bottle. I plan on buying  3 bottles. Total =$51

2. rite aid club price this week is $11 a bottle = $33

3. $3 off for 3 bottle coupon in newspaper today = total $30

4. rite aid "club" promotion $10 cash back when you buy 3. $20.

so started of at 51 ended at 20.

getbig math = that is a savings of 546%  :)

PS i realize the $17 a bottle original price is jacked up big time. but people pay it everyday  ::)

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 02:57:11 PM »

I'm not a crazy coupon hunter.... but from time to time at grocery stores, Target, etc.  I'm also regularly on dealnews.com and slickdeals.net  Don't regularly buy something but its cool window shopping!

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 03:00:54 PM »
Whenever I go to the post office, and I saw one of the relocation welcome packages with the 10% Lowes discount, I'd take it.

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 04:29:20 PM »
Some of the BEST deals I've seen lately are the city newspaper coupons....

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 05:28:48 PM »
what do you use coupons for on a regular basis?  I was behind some kid at the supermarket checkout... 20 or 22... using phrases like "I'm ballin out of control with coupons, dog", very proud of his savings.

He bought $95 worth of stuff and only paid $15.  

What do you regularly use coupons for on a regular basis?  Any sites you'd recommend?  I never do, but probably should.  

nowt wrong with trying to save a few pennies... especially not in these times of austerity

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2013, 06:06:29 PM »
I'm not a coupon clipper, but my woman is, therefore I am too.

At first i thought it was bullshit and embarrasing, but that chick get deals that blow my mind on everything.

the other night she's like "let's get the chicken at Pasta Brioni" so we go there, eat and when i get the bill she whips out an online coupon she got for 20% off. 60 bucks turned into 45 bucks...basically covered the tip when you total it all up.  i'll take a funny look from the waiter for 15 dollars. when you pay my bills then you can give me a funny look

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2013, 09:28:58 PM »

Can I get a coupon for her?

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2013, 10:00:27 PM »
I use plenty of coupons in Las Vegas. Vegas is well known for their coupon promos and specials.   :)
a

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2013, 10:08:08 PM »
I use plenty of coupons in Las Vegas. Vegas is well known for their coupon promos and specials.   :)

Nice! So what are the current coupons for the hookers in Vegas.
#

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2013, 10:23:28 PM »
I only used coupons if they are displayed in the store next to the item i want i buy.
i used online coupons and codes like a mfer tho.
A

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2013, 05:04:23 AM »
Depends, it's an easier life not to chase coupons and just buy what you think you need when you need it. Instead of cutting a few dollars here and there you can probably improve your economy more by prioritizing and buy less shit.

I take offers if they're presented to me at the right time and the effort is in parity to the profit.

Some discounts apps for you phone however are very good at presenting offers near to you and I use these when I'm eating out. Often there's 30-50 % discounts using these.

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2013, 05:20:14 AM »
the coupons are doing exactly what they are meant to do, get people to buy stuff they dont need

its pathetic getting calls and emails from people who have a track record of making bad choices, wrong timing of buying a home, bad relationships, bad stock investing, and they think they really figured out a way to screw companies by going around online all day and finding discounts hahahaha

now if for years you have purchased something and you truly need it and use it, and you found a way to save money, GREAT, but in most cases people are buying BS they do not need because they found a coupon

pathetic whats going on

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2013, 05:23:31 AM »
Looking at that picture, I barely remember what a coupon is.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2013, 06:57:25 AM »
The majority of the coupons are for junk food.  Save $1 on pizza pockets or other shit food.  I do take advantage on deals for razors and hygene stuff.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2013, 07:39:18 AM »
Coupons!? Can't wait for the scrapbooking thread.     *mutters*   

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2013, 08:27:11 AM »
the coupons are doing exactly what they are meant to do, get people to buy stuff they dont need

its pathetic getting calls and emails from people who have a track record of making bad choices, wrong timing of buying a home, bad relationships, bad stock investing, and they think they really figured out a way to screw companies by going around online all day and finding discounts hahahaha

now if for years you have purchased something and you truly need it and use it, and you found a way to save money, GREAT, but in most cases people are buying BS they do not need because they found a coupon

pathetic whats going on

Agreed, kinda. On those stupid coupling shows you see some chick who saved 75% buy buying 100 tubes of Chapstick. That's stupid. But if you keep it to what you use, then you're good

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2013, 09:06:26 AM »
I'm not a coupon clipper, but my woman is, therefore I am too.

At first i thought it was bullshit and embarrasing, but that chick get deals that blow my mind on everything.

the other night she's like "let's get the chicken at Pasta Brioni" so we go there, eat and when i get the bill she whips out an online coupon she got for 20% off. 60 bucks turned into 45 bucks...basically covered the tip when you total it all up.  i'll take a funny look from the waiter for 15 dollars. when you pay my bills then you can give me a funny look
Dude, just put a ring on it at this point. Lol.

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2013, 09:58:40 AM »
^^
LAS VEGAS would be the "ULTIMATE" in a person's ability to use coupons, you are lucky to be there!!!  I've been there, I've seen the deals for residents, etc...

UMPlabs

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2013, 10:03:27 AM »

::)

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2013, 01:18:08 PM »
$110 worth of stuff for $42. Mouthwash, toothpaste, shampoo etc. think I got screwed out of $10. But I didn't argue. Not even I am that jewy  :)

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2013, 01:23:06 PM »
i'm painfully stingy, maybe i need to look into this

i always assumed, all these things were just tricks to scam people once they get to the shop

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2013, 01:25:15 PM »
i'm painfully stingy, maybe i need to look into this

i always assumed, all these things were just tricks to scam people once they get to the shop

They are. But stay focused, get what you intend to get, and leave.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2013, 01:27:45 PM »
They are. But stay focused, get what you intend to get, and leave.
recently i was in the shop to buy a bottle of chili sauce

i saw on the description you got 15% discount when you buy 2 bttles

so i take 2 instead of 1

after checking out i am checking the receit and i notice they didnt give me my 15%

so i demand my 15% and get my 83 cents eventually goddamnit