Author Topic: Arnold's comments on the ASC 2013  (Read 9905 times)

prizm

• Getbig III
Arnold's comments on the ASC 2013
« on: March 03, 2013, 03:36:06 PM »
MD's notes from the seminar going on

Arnold is on stage now. He did a nice intro, thanking everyone. When he and Bob got down to business, he said the guts concern him. He said some looked 5 - 6 months pregnant.

He also said he thinks sometimes the judges reward the wrong thing....because some of the best posers ended up outside the top five.

--

He said the women were out doing the guys ten to one on stage when talking about posing and athleticism. He thinks points should be awarded for the posing.

--

Arnold talked about the fact that you should be able to pull a vacuum when doing a side triceps. He also does not like when guys are sweating and gasping for breath after four poses on stage. He said it worries him that back in the day, bodybuilders could do vacuums and great posing, and today guys do a few poses and are gasping for breath.

good to see him speak out about his own show like that..vid coming soon apparently

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: Arnold's comments on the ASC 2013
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 03:39:43 PM »
Everything he said, we have saying for years.
And it is true, the women are outdoing the guys. The guys are lazy.
The women are more conditioned and work harder than the men.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 03:42:26 PM »

What kind of control does Arnold have over this event? Could he not just say "this is how we are going to judge from here on out" and it becomes instantly that?

prizm

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 03:42:33 PM »

If anyone could change the judging/standards it would be him. It would be nice if he went on one of his crusades and revamped the IFBB instead of this magazine editor position he just took.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 03:46:35 PM »
Dex doesn't look as good as he did in the past sure he's the best in this current weak crop and that gut is out if control for a 5'6 guy

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 03:53:07 PM »
If anyone could change the judging/standards it would be him. It would be nice if he went on one of his crusades and revamped the IFBB instead of this magazine editor position he just took.
maybe he might use the editorial position as a way to do it.
I knew he was cringing when he gave Branch the trophy bearing his name the first time Branch won, but the second time, he had to be livid.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 03:57:02 PM »
Tremendous respect that he said that, at his own event.

Arnold commented on the guts way back in the 90's I think when he commented the Olympa on Eurosport so he has no problem saying this.

He is one of the few public figures being so outspoken about this fucking gut issue, which all the commentators sweep under the rug. Or if they bring it up it is because it is right on camera and can't be ignored, and even then they beat around the bush and say "oh he has trouble controlling their midsection".

Tell it like it is for once. They have disgusting guts. This is not what Arnold wanted.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2013, 03:59:45 PM »
Branch warren is a disgrace to bbing I hope he falls out of his 2 story truck and breaks both legs

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2013, 04:03:07 PM »
Tremendous respect that he said that, at his own event.

Arnold commented on the guts way back in the 90's I think when he commented the Olympa on Eurosport so he has no problem saying this.

He is one of the few public figures being so outspoken about this fucking gut issue, which all the commentators sweep under the rug. Or if they bring it up it is because it is right on camera and can't be ignored, and even then they beat around the bush and say "oh he has trouble controlling their midsection".

Tell it like it is for once. They have disgusting guts. This is not what Arnold wanted.

That is unfortunately true, in some cases. But, some people act as if this just happened with this crop of bodybuilders and not their precious 90s bodybuilders.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2013, 04:08:15 PM »
That is unfortunately true, in some cases. But, some people act as if this just happened with this crop of bodybuilders and not their precious 90s bodybuilders.

Physiques were superior in the 70's, 80's and 90's than anything today...

In your delusional eyes winning titles and cutler , dex and branch are some of the greatest ever
Which no one agrees but u.

Someone said it best title won yes but physiques no

erics

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2013, 04:42:40 PM »
Bloated bellies started appearing in the 90s, there is no argument about that. But I think that everyone can agree that it is much more noticeable now.

I remember reading the report for the Arnold Classic that Francois won. The article kept telling me that Flex Wheeler looked incredible and so did Francois.

I couldn't work out why they 'looked good' because they had that hard, full but no detail look that is supposed to represent conditioning now. To my eyes, they looked shit, even then.

Judging and the bodybuilding media are useless. Absolutely useless. Never forget that.

- The IFBB would have you believe that removing posing from the equation makes it more of a physique contest.

- They would have you believe that because Olympia and Arnold Classic prize money has increased, everything is going along well.

- They would have you believe that having no transparency and accountability in judging makes for a better competition.

Arnold should just step in, tell the idiots in the IFBB to f**k off, and take over the reigns.

Or at least put something in charge with brains.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2013, 04:46:00 PM »
Physiques were superior in the 70's, 80's and 90's than anything today...

In your delusional eyes winning titles and cutler , dex and branch are some of the greatest ever
Which no one agrees but u.

What is it with your obsession with Branch Warren? I didn't mention him at all.

As for Dex and Jay, YES, they are among the greatest ever. They have the titles to prove it. AND, they beat many of those guys from the 90s to amass 5 Olympias and 7 ASCs.

Deal with it.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2013, 05:06:00 PM »
without the bellies, the guys are 25 pounds lighter.

if they're 25 pounds lighter, they don't place in the money $$$.

it's that simple.  They don't like living on growth and being fat messes either.  but until the judging changes...

erics

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2013, 05:09:52 PM »
without the bellies, the guys are 25 pounds lighter.

if they're 25 pounds lighter, they don't place in the money $$$.

it's that simple.  They don't like living on growth and being fat messes either.  but until the judging changes...

Exactly.

The judges are to blame.

And if they argue to the contrary, slap them. They are useless yes-men living off cliche.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2013, 05:16:54 PM »
Exactly.

The judges are to blame.

And if they argue to the contrary, slap them. They are useless yes-men living off cliche.

Maybe so but when you see Valentino or anyone at MD going around asking all the regular joe fans at the events who they are there to see they generally reply "The FREAKS".

With all due respect to the posters who I agree with for the most part on getbig it's probably those guys whose input is bring heard on a larger scale than this forum.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2013, 05:28:26 PM »
reminds me of when fans say they want the sport to really drug test.

no way fans bother to show up at contests when bigger, more ripped guys are at their gym.  The champs lose a LOT of size when they take time off each year.  It'd be like 1970s state level shows without gear.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2013, 05:31:19 PM »
What is it with your obsession with Branch Warren? I didn't mention him at all.

As for Dex and Jay, YES, they are among the greatest ever. They have the titles to prove it. AND, they beat many of those guys from the 90s to amass 5 Olympias and 7 ASCs.

Deal with it.

U can't get it out of your pea size brain that aside from titles (dex does have a good physique) cutler does not have a good physique it's people like u bbing is dead judging titles rather than physiques

For a 40 yr old schmoe I would think u know otherwise

Paris, labrada, reeves, serge all shit on cutler

I brought up branch cause he is a 2 time AC champ and by your judgement he is better than Cormier  ::)

erics

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2013, 06:15:46 PM »
Maybe so but when you see Valentino or anyone at MD going around asking all the regular joe fans at the events who they are there to see they generally reply "The FREAKS".

Sure, I can appreciate that.

Haney was a freak. His waist was tight.

So too was Yates until 1994. Coleman too until 2002.

Freak is not the problem. Longevity for the 'sport' is and this is helped by sticking to standards.

There have always been freaks and good luck to them for their guest posings too. But that doesn't mean their physiques should be the standard.

Also, one more thing, when you only have 'freaks' competing, you reduce the fanbase potential by only catering to the shock and awe crowd.

It may there that is no other fanbase available and if so, fair enough. Good luck to the IFBB and their bellies then

But I don't think that's true.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2013, 07:15:41 PM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2013, 07:16:39 PM »
any video of arnold laying down the law?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2013, 07:33:47 PM »
U can't get it out of your pea size brain that aside from titles (dex does have a good physique) cutler does not have a good physique it's people like u bbing is dead judging titles rather than physiques

For a 40 yr old schmoe I would think u know otherwise

Paris, labrada, reeves, serge all shit on cutler

Hardly!

Cutler isn't an aesthetic bodybuilder. No one claimed he is. But, when he's on, conditioning-wise, he's a beast.

He turned pro his first try. He cracked the top ten at the Olympia his second try. By his 3rd Olympia appearance, he was the #2 guy on the planet (where he would stay, until winning the big one). You don't get there without a great physique, period.

I brought up branch cause he is a 2 time AC champ and by your judgement he is better than Cormier  ::)

Wrong again. Get it through your head that I don't make judgments, based solely on titles. Titles are A factor, but not the lone factor. How hard is that for you to grasp. Your Branch Warren obsession borders on the psychotic.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2013, 07:35:34 PM »
 being white helped

Submissionfytr

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2013, 07:38:38 PM »
Beach Warren should never have been in top 5 of Arnold, ever. His physique is shit and hard to look at. It's also distressing the way that ass clown Valentino would rant in MD all the time about what a bad ass and killer Branch is... He's a midget and a pussy and no one should be scared of this coward.

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2013, 07:04:17 AM »
Branch warren is a disgrace to bbing I hope he falls out of his 2 story truck and breaks both legs
.   Lol.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2013, 07:08:25 AM »
If I ever see again a Bber win a major contest pulling a vacuum, I'll send myself a 8inch black dildo for TBombz' birthday.