Author Topic: Arnold's comments on the ASC 2013  (Read 9907 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: Arnold's comments on the ASC 2013
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2013, 08:11:03 AM »
that is just fat inside him?  Or that is growth of organs?   I have always wondered specifically what causes the growth.   

Gh15 would scream to the world that Gh makes your nails grow before your eyes. So if your nails grow so fast, just imagine everything else inside you.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2013, 08:22:32 AM »
that is just fat inside him?  Or that is growth of organs?   I have always wondered specifically what causes the growth.   

Its just internal fat. I have no idea why people keep insisting that it is organ growth. When people do they never explain which organs and how they are still functioning normally. Most people with acromegaly that have an excess of GH production have an enlarged heart which eventually will lead to heart failure and this is a leading cause of death in most of those people. Take a look at some people with acromegaly and you won't find any of them with huge guts like today's BBers. If any of today's Bbers were showing signs of acromegaly you wouldn't just see a selective sign of the disease as in internal organ growth but a whole host of other symptoms many which would affect their normal life style and trust me these guys would not be able to walk let alone train like they do. Visceral fat storage due to excess insulin production is why these guys have huge beer belly type guts, period. BTW, this guy should have a huge gut if GH production had anything to do with internal organ growth.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2013, 08:24:12 AM »
you have no idea what you are talking about.

3 month diets dont do much for visceral fat and the constant rebounding and yo-yo dieting that is competitive bodybuilding plays a large role in the buildup. Combine that with exogenous insulin in large doses for extended periods of time, GH desensitization and you have a recipe for greatly accelerated visceral fat buildup

As previously mentioned, though, a lot of the distention is from carb loading.

maybe you're right, but it just seem possible to have a very low level of subcutaneous fat while still having a high level of visceral fat

it just seems to defy all logic ???

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2013, 09:53:01 AM »
you have no idea what you are talking about.

3 month diets dont do much for visceral fat and the constant rebounding and yo-yo dieting that is competitive bodybuilding plays a large role in the buildup. Combine that with exogenous insulin in large doses for extended periods of time, GH desensitization and you have a recipe for greatly accelerated visceral fat buildup

As previously mentioned, though, a lot of the distention is from carb loading.

Interesting, what's the average gh these guys run?

BFG

• Getbig III
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2013, 10:07:46 AM »
maybe you're right, but it just seem possible to have a very low level of subcutaneous fat while still having a high level of visceral fat

Do you know what visceral fat is?

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2013, 10:11:06 AM »

he will once he googles it

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2013, 10:17:26 AM »
Its just internal fat. I have no idea why people keep insisting that it is organ growth. When people do they never explain which organs and how they are still functioning normally. Most people with acromegaly that have an excess of GH production have an enlarged heart which eventually will lead to heart failure and this is a leading cause of death in most of those people. Take a look at some people with acromegaly and you won't find any of them with huge guts like today's BBers. If any of today's Bbers were showing signs of acromegaly you wouldn't just see a selective sign of the disease as in internal organ growth but a whole host of other symptoms many which would affect their normal life style and trust me these guys would not be able to walk let alone train like they do. Visceral fat storage due to excess insulin production is why these guys have huge beer belly type guts, period. BTW, this guy should have a huge gut if GH production had anything to do with internal organ growth.

Couldn't it be all this stuff enlarged  by GH and further expanded by gorging and fasting (i.e. a combination of fat, intestinal growth, slin , overeating etc) ?

If it is causing enlarged hearts, why not the huge massive coils of the intestinal tract as well?

O

BFG

• Getbig III
« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2013, 10:19:13 AM »

Same as most pros at that level..."as much as possible."

In all seriousness, daily dosage and administration is dependent on the individual/what their guru tells them to do. Usually runs in the 60-100iu per week range.

Another variable you also must remember that while some guys may be able to slam 30iu's of chinese generics every day due to their local hookups, that may only be equivalent to 10iu's of actual gh per day.

The massive distended bellies really are not due to internal organ growth - its not caused by the enlarged intestines pushing against the abdomen wall. I am sure there is some level of internal organ growth (we already know many steroids cause enlargement of the heart and there are lots of IGF receptors in the intestines) but not to the degree that its causing your belly to stick out. As I said, its from 3 specific things:

1) Bodybuilding is inherently yo-yo/crash dieting. Going from extremely high bodyweights rapidly down to very low bodyweight and rapidly back up to high bodyweight, numerous times a year, year after year. It takes MUCH MUCH longer to diet off visceral fat than subcutaneous fat and the more up and down in bodyweight and fat gain, the more visceral fat is accumulated over the years. A 12 week contest prep diet simply will not put a dent in the lbs of visceral fat gained over the last 10 years of yo-yo dieting.

2) Large doses of insulin. Insulin WILL increase visceral fat buildup exponentially. Ever notice how the guys who tend to make the biggest "gains" in bodyweight and overall size in the shortest amount of time always fuck up their waist lines? Going from a light heavyweight national level competitor already using grams of every hormone possible to a competitive pro weighing on stage 20+ lbs heavier is ONLY possible with insulin and lots of it. (Forgive my caps but this is important) INSULIN IS THE SINGLE MOST POWERFUL DRUG IN BODYBUILDING, GOOD AND BAD. The problem is, the insane gains caused from insulin diminish pretty quick and dosages need to be raised very rapidly - especially if GH is in the equation because - as you should all know by now - gh causes insulin desensitization. So you go from using 15iu insulin preworkout and 5iu before each meal to 30iu pre workout and 15iu before each meal combined with a long acting shot in the morning and another 20-30iu of humalog injected IM post workout after your IV GH shot...it goes on and on and as the doses get higher, the visceral fat buildup increases and increases and as mentioned in point #1 your 12 week diet wont do shit about it.

#3) Carbing up. Everyone pounds carbs before they get on stage, much more than in generations past because they pound them down with slin. You know what happens when you eat 1,000g carbs after being on 0 carbs for the last week. You get bloated.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2013, 10:27:15 AM »

Average bout 20 iu's. I know guys who don't compete that run up to 30.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2013, 10:28:09 AM »
Say what you want about  The Fridge (wide waist...), but he always keep his gut in check  ,even off season ..

Props  to Jay

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2013, 10:28:52 AM »

Very simple, visceral fat is usually the first to go when dieting but when you stimulate it's storage with insulin use it stays.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2013, 10:31:49 AM »

Couldn't it be all this stuff enlarged  by GH and further expanded by gorging and fasting (i.e. a combination of fat, intestinal growth, slin , overeating etc) ?

If it is causing enlarged hearts, why not the huge massive coils of the intestinal tract as well?

No, as I said there is no research that shows massive organ growth other than enlarged heart with GH use or abuse for that matter. Other organs are impaired such as the kidneys but not due to enlargement.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2013, 10:32:50 AM »
Say what you want about  The Fridge (wide waist...), but he always keep his gut in check  ,even off season ..

Props  to Jay

true..true....saw Cutler at his own booth this weekend and he looks to be in the 300lbs neighborhood.....

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2013, 12:12:58 PM »
Very simple, visceral fat is usually the first to go when dieting but when you stimulate it's storage with insulin use it stays.

ok, that makes sense

it's the slin that's doing it then

it's fat btw the internal organs, and not fat btw the skin and muscle, which is known as subcutaneous fat

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2013, 12:33:20 PM »

Visceral fat is like when you go buy a steak and see all those whits streaks of fat within the steak, you can not diet that fat away,once it is there it is there for good.,

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2013, 12:37:30 PM »
I don't know bro but I know for sure gh thickens the intestines.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2013, 12:40:13 PM »
Is it mostly due to GH? If u had to guess how many iu's on average these guys run? When u look back on guys like Shawn he never had this problem??
The visceral fat is due to insulin, the thickening of the intestines from gh and the bulk of the bloated stomach is from carb loading, I remember David Henry eat 20 pan cakes the morning of.....and he is one of the smaller waist guys.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2013, 01:18:49 PM »
I don't know bro but I know for sure gh thickens the intestines.

I can't argue with that to any great degree only that it wouldn't  cause distension or lengthening. It also thickens the skin as I'm sure you know.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2013, 01:25:40 PM »
  BFG is a great poster

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2013, 04:07:13 PM »
arnold is the one man with the power to change our sport to what it once was, the sport we all fell in love with

he conquered everything else throughout his life, he has npthing to prove in hollywood

at his old age his last challenge should be to save the sport that gave him an amazing life

only he can do this, he is our last hope

E
E

prizm

• Getbig III
« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2013, 10:34:16 PM »
Marcus Haley commented on his epic belly shot

Ok im not one to run from anything so I will address this as im sure I am one of the pros being talked about in this thread. I dont take slin my stomach problem has nothing to do with drugs and belive me im am doing what i can to make it better. I have intestinal inflamation and its somthing thats runs in my family. I had a potbelly as a 5 year old child. In the prejudging I feel i did a great job in controling my stomach although MD makes it a point to catch me during mid pose or during an ab roll which i will retire from my posing from now on. The night show I had a meal of a burger fries and salad. I took enzymes to help but my stomach swelled nd cramped like always. I would almost have to not eat for 6hours and My stomach is flat. My waist is natually small and it kills me when there are days in my prep that is so tiny then the inflamation just happens! I will continue to work hard on fixing this along withn my doctor and I trying a new approch for the Cananda and NY shows. Im sorry to have made this comback such a dissapointment in so many eyes!

This is how kings carb up...fried egg and a slice of toast...no burger and fries in sight

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2013, 10:50:44 PM »
Jay does get props. Wide waist but no gut.

silverback1984

• Getbig II
« Reply #72 on: March 06, 2013, 06:22:35 AM »
bfg or disgusted , back before the days of the insulin gut , say in the early 90's , take levrone or wheeler, was the differance that they just took minmial amounts of insulin morning and pre/post workout before everyone got out of hand with it, what kind of slin doses would you be talking about back then ?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2013, 10:12:41 AM »
bfg or disgusted , back before the days of the insulin gut , say in the early 90's , take levrone or wheeler, was the differance that they just took minmial amounts of insulin morning and pre/post workout before everyone got out of hand with it, what kind of slin doses would you be talking about back then ?

Early 90's you had little use of insulin. Mid to late 90's you had guys using Humulin R mainly doing around 15 units at a time and things went from there. Guys would also carb up using slin which is a huge mistake. All this bull shit about slin shuttling carbs into the muscle blah blah blah.

All this "science" behind drug use is just plain stupid. Anyone on here can look great with just plain old anabolics minus ALL the other crap including fat burners and AI's GH peptides etc.

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2013, 11:10:20 AM »
So far we've heard food poisoning and heriditary intestinal inflammation as excuses.  What about dieting another 20-30 lbs off?