Author Topic: New BBQ: more MEAT!!!  (Read 6855 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Re: New BBQ: more MEAT!!!
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2013, 04:43:51 PM »
Do you ever use Charcoal WOOO?

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2013, 04:56:23 PM »
Yes!!  Pig Roast is the only way to go!

Abso-F'ng-lutely!!

Only downside is that a_ahmed won't be able to have his way with the animal before hand.

Keep it clean here, brother.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2013, 03:17:25 AM »

Hey. It was funny.

Do you ever use Charcoal WOOO?

Used to. Too lazy nowadays with endless gas.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2013, 03:48:45 AM »
Used to. Too lazy nowadays with endless gas.

Gas is MUCH more convenient, but charcoal offers a unique taste that can't be duplicated by other means. Another friend of mine had an "ancient" grill that came with the house he and his wife bought. The thing had a smoker attached to the side. I don't think they ever used it, though, which is a shame.

I may research smoker setups and options this Spring. I have a fire pit in my yard that I'd like to somehow incorporate. My Uncle has a great recipe for smoked trout, and I've seen recipes for smoked garlic and even salt that I'd love to try!

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2013, 04:03:54 AM »
you can use a smoker box on my weber... i didn't buy it though.... smoking is over rated for the work effort involved IMO

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2013, 01:12:51 PM »
Abso-F'ng-lutely!!

Sorry, I'm almost to immature for the regular boards.  :-X

I've been grilling with charcoal lately.  I got some of that natural hardwood charcoal that looks like big chunks of burnt up Oak and Hickory.  I never really grilled on Charcoal before this, but the flavor is awesome.

You can get it so hot that it puts a crust on the outside of the beef, leaving the inside almost raw (like I like it). 

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2013, 01:14:47 PM »

Gas is MUCH more convenient, but charcoal offers a unique taste that can't be duplicated by other means. Another friend of mine had an "ancient" grill that came with the house he and his wife bought. The thing had a smoker attached to the side. I don't think they ever used it, though, which is a shame.

I may research smoker setups and options this Spring. I have a fire pit in my yard that I'd like to somehow incorporate. My Uncle has a great recipe for smoked trout, and I've seen recipes for smoked garlic and even salt that I'd love to try!

I saw a cooking show the other day...  The guy took a whole chicken, filled it with herb butter, tied it up.  He pushed all the charcoal to one side of the grill and put the chicken on the other side and roasted/smoked it for an hour or so.  I'm going to give that a shot.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2013, 01:15:35 PM »
I wish I could use this natural hardwood charcoal to make authentic beef jerky somehow. 

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2013, 02:38:45 PM »
I wish I could use this natural hardwood charcoal to make authentic beef jerky somehow.  

Let me know if you come across anything interesting. I've begun researching different smoking options for fish and beef/venison. I've already decided that, for the meat, I'll run ground through a jerky gun just because the texture is so much more tender.

I've sampled several recipes people have made like that, only they used a food dehydrator to make it. It's good, but I really want to try real smoking. Same for the fish.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2013, 04:31:52 PM »
You can get it so hot that it puts a crust on the outside of the beef, leaving the inside almost raw (like I like it). 

i got the new weber up for 792F (gauged with my laser thermometer)... hot as fuck  :)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2013, 10:03:30 PM »
i got the new weber up for 792F (gauged with my laser thermometer)... hot as fuck  :)

Fuck, I love the heat!

I'm moving back to propane though for a bit.  This fucker is so smokey you have to take a shower when you're done cooking, using natural chunks of oak charcoal.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2013, 04:57:27 AM »
Fuck, I love the heat!

I'm moving back to propane though for a bit.  This fucker is so smokey you have to take a shower when you're done cooking, using natural chunks of oak charcoal.

funny  ;D