Author Topic: looking for feedback on my current strength levels in the "Big 3"  (Read 4076 times)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
ok fellas here's my current strength levels in my own Big 3 (a major push, pull, and leg move)

db row (my pull move) 120x9

weighted push-up (my push move) bodyweight with 100 pounds added for 6 reps

wide squat with a heavy bell held btw my legs (my leg move) 110x6

yeah, i guess my leg strength is the worst of the 3, but is it really that bad compared to the other 2 lifts?

p.s. i'm at a major disadvantage for demonstating leg strength coz i got really long ass legs (i wear 35 inch length jeans)

also, my arms currently measure 15 1/3 inches and my legs are 23 1/2 inches

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: looking for feedback on my current strength levels in the "Big 3"
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 08:00:21 AM »
ok fellas here's my current strength levels in my own Big 3 (a major push, pull, and leg move)

yeah, i guess my leg strength is the worst of the 3, but is it really that bad compared to the other 2 lifts?

p.s. i'm at a major disadvantage for demonstating leg strength coz i got really long ass legs (i wear 35 inch length jeans)

U DO SOME DIFFERENT MOVEMENTS TO DETERMINE THAN I DO BUT IF SHOWS IT GROWS...HOW TALL ARE U?MY PANT IS 32 DOWN,,MY LEGS ARE OVER 26 AROUND I'M 5'7 TO 5'8 ARMS 17 LAST MEASURED,,DO U TRAIN HOME OR AT GYM..

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 08:37:41 AM »
U DO SOME DIFFERENT MOVEMENTS TO DETERMINE THAN I DO BUT IF SHOWS IT GROWS...HOW TALL ARE U?MY PANT IS 32 DOWN,,MY LEGS ARE OVER 26 AROUND I'M 5'7 TO 5'8 ARMS 17 LAST MEASURED,,DO U TRAIN HOME OR AT GYM..

i'm 5'11" and i train at home

so you got 26 inch legs? well man i ain't surprised coz your wheels are your best bodypart

my arms will never be 17 inches and i can accept that, but i'm hoping to get a legit and conditioned 16 inch arm which ain't too bad actually

here's a legit and conditioned 17.25 inch arm

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 09:00:29 AM »

Have you always trained legs?

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 09:03:20 AM »
THATS A GOOD OLD SCHOOL BUILD,,,CHEST AND LEGS ARE MY BEST AND BACK SOMEWHERE TOO,,,MY ARMS FROM SIDE AND REAR LOOK BIGGER THAN FROM FRONT VIEW BUT THEY HAVE IMPROVED,,I HAVE GOOD SHAPED TRI'S AND THEY ARE SEPERATED FROM SIDE AND REAR,,

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 11:55:23 AM »
Have you always trained legs?

nope, i used to be what was called a bench press f@ggot, just training push and a little lat to have a good bench, for legs i ran 2 or 3 hard miles most days

so is my leg perfromance much worse than my push/pull perfomance in your opinion?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 12:43:38 PM »
nope, i used to be what was called a bench press f@ggot, just training push and a little lat to have a good bench, for legs i ran 2 or 3 hard miles most days

so is my leg perfromance much worse than my push/pull perfomance in your opinion?
So then you are playing "catch up".

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 12:46:31 PM »
So then you are playing "catch up".

maybe, but i think that a 15 1/3 inch am with a 23 1/2 leg is a pretty decent ratio, wouldn't you agree?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 01:02:45 PM »
maybe, but i think that a 15 1/3 inch am with a 23 1/2 leg is a pretty decent ratio, wouldn't you agree?
Well I say not bad but arm size needs to be a bit more, around 16 to ratio on thighs.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 01:12:26 PM »
Well I say not bad but arm size needs to be a bit more, around 16 to ratio on thighs.

agreed

16 to 24 is IDEAL me thinks

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2013, 09:21:17 AM »
DJ181

Your 5'11 and have a 35" pant insert...quite a ratio difference.   (no dis on your macho-ism, but a lot of female volleyball players built like that)

Guessing your doing the old Jefferson Lift, with a BB held between the legs (over/under grip). Or is there something else you might be doing? Heavy bell= a single DB/Kettle bell? Probably time to start having more focus on the legs/quad, because if you do, you may have the advantage of increasing the muscular bwt. With the legs and the rest of the body  (most notably the arms, gaining size and strength).

If training at home, and perhaps with limited equipment; as, no squat rack or PR, than might suggest the BB hack squat for the legs. Also weighted step-ups. If having a squat rack, than consider using it to it's fullest benefit. As a fair gauge, the current exercise your doing for the legs should have at least 100 more pounds on it. Unless your doing the 40-50 rep advance training thing.

Your  weighted push-up is impressive. Unless your doing the push-ups on a set of blocks, which increases the ROM greatly, push-up are really akin to floor presses (most don't actually touch the chest to the  floor...maybe a actually 3/4ths ROM). Might add dips (weighted) to your program, if not wanting to do regular benching. And the weighted push-up should increase greatly. (300lb floor press are somewhat average, 400lbs probably in the range of most guy's).

A 16" arm (cold measurement, taken first thing in the morning..without any added normal pump..brushing teeth, stroking the chunky monkey, etc) is fairly common for most guy's who have been training for awhile. A true 17 1/2 to 18 inch arm is not all that common, no matter with all the BS on GB or anywhere else. That is a arm  devoid of fat and in excellent condition. Seem many fat guy's with big arms, but so what...just fat.

Your DB row is impressive. So that may offer a clue to how strong the rest of your body can become, including the leg power. And of course, adding muscular size. Good Luck.
F

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2013, 09:35:13 AM »
DJ181

Your 5'11 and have a 35" pant insert...quite a ratio difference.   (no dis on your macho-ism, but a lot of female volleyball players built like that)

Guessing your doing the old Jefferson Lift, with a BB held between the legs (over/under grip). Or is there something else you might be doing? Heavy bell= a single DB/Kettle bell? Probably time to start having more focus on the legs/quad, because if you do, you may have the advantage of increasing the muscular bwt. With the legs and the rest of the body  (most notably the arms, gaining size and strength).

If training at home, and perhaps with limited equipment; as, no squat rack or PR, than might suggest the BB hack squat for the legs. Also weighted step-ups. If having a squat rack, than consider using it to it's fullest benefit. As a fair gauge, the current exercise your doing for the legs should have at least 100 more pounds on it. Unless your doing the 40-50 rep advance training thing.

Your  weighted push-up is impressive. Unless your doing the push-ups on a set of blocks, which increases the ROM greatly, push-up are really akin to floor presses (most don't actually touch the chest to the  floor...maybe a actually 3/4ths ROM). Might add dips (weighted) to your program, if not wanting to do regular benching. And the weighted push-up should increase greatly. (300lb floor press are somewhat average, 400lbs probably in the range of most guy's).

A 16" arm (cold measurement, taken first thing in the morning..without any added normal pump..brushing teeth, stroking the chunky monkey, etc) is fairly common for most guy's who have been training for awhile. A true 17 1/2 to 18 inch arm is not all that common, no matter with all the BS on GB or anywhere else. That is a arm  devoid of fat and in excellent condition. Seem many fat guy's with big arms, but so what...just fat.

Your DB row is impressive. So that may offer a clue to how strong the rest of your body can become, including the leg power. And of course, adding muscular size. Good Luck.
NICE ASSESSMENT I READ IT THROUGH,,,

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2013, 09:45:19 AM »
weighted one-legged squats will build any legs. Standing on bench with a weighted dip belt or Dumbell.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2013, 09:49:53 AM »
weighted one-legged squats will build any legs. Standing on bench with a weighted dip belt or Dumbell.

Exactly.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2013, 10:05:35 AM »
One legged squats are excellent.

As are Step-up's, which are not the same as the one legged squat. Most athletes are using Step-up for a fuller effect on the hams and gluts. Bulgarian squats are also a good exercise, to use at home, if having limited equipment. Lifters and BB'ers get the benefit of working each legs the same, insuring equal power and size (for BB'ers). Include Lunges in the mix, though some have a problem with balance at first, specially the walking lunges. Good Luck.
F

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2013, 10:19:52 AM »
might be a good read for you. One leg squats i do on a bench
http://www.beastskills.com/one-legged-squat-the-pistol/

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2013, 10:52:48 AM »
I actually saw a guy at my gym do a full rock bottom pistol squat standing on a 15 lb dumbell just messing around. I have a also seen the same guy squat 500lbs and do 405lbs for 10-15 reps for nice deep reps weighing around 215lbs..

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2013, 11:24:59 AM »
I remember in 1999 having had a knee op doing physio and a little blond girl physiotherapist really made me sweat on these. she was so cute.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2013, 11:41:33 AM »
I remember in 1999 having had a knee op doing physio and a little blond girl physiotherapist really made me sweat on these. she was so cute.
LOL...

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2013, 12:07:44 PM »
thanks for that feedback jpm

i'm doing the squats with a single db held btw my legs, and my legs are about 30 inches apart, my legs are weak as fuck but i'm at a great leverage disadvantage to demonstrate leg strength coz my legs are so damn long and i've got narrow hips

leg strength is best demonstrated by fellas with short femurs and wide hips

on the weighted push-up i go very deep as i put my feet up on the bed and i put each hand on a seperate chair and my hands are about 24 inches apart, so my chest sinks below my hands even (i was doing dips, but since i've switched to these push-ups my chest has taken on a whole new look, and it's a much better look 8))

i've always had a strong upper back and i could pulldown 260 pounds for a good 8 reps or so

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2013, 06:34:55 PM »
ratios mean fuck all.

what means something is that youre a deliberately ignorant moron on hormones with the muscular development of female marathon athlete.

Galeniko shoots straight from the hip.. I like his style, aggressive but with substance.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2013, 03:07:30 AM »
ratios mean fuck all.

what means something is that youre a deliberately ignorant moron on hormones with the muscular development of female marathon athlete.

what the fuck are you going on about?

i'm on ultra low dose of hormones dipshit ie. 10 mg of sdrol 4 or 5 days a week is very low dose dumbass

you're just pissed off coz i don't follow this typical diet advice horseshit, don't take it personal dude, it's not that serious lol

btw this pic was taken when i was eating bout 1200 cals per day and training with very light training loads
in a PHA/circuit style fashion, so of course i'm not gonna be "big" ::)

again, I WANT TO BE 175-180 @ 6-7% AND NOT BIGGER, and again it ain't that serious chief

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2013, 03:11:10 AM »
yes, with some people, its pointless to talk other than that way.

this guy is on hormonas and fuck all has happened, fuck all.

the govt should use him as example for false campaign on how peds dont work ;D

i respect every natural out there, i truly do, and that said, theres nothing more ignorant than a ped user who disrtegards diet.

and when he says diet dont matter,its all in the hard training, my head could explode, this is even dumber than true adonis diet hocuspocus :D

btw, true adonis diet is cool for naturals.not the best, but its fine.

but dj181, i seen tennis players with biigger arms, i seen wheelchaired folks with bigger legs,is a disgrace.if he thinks diet dont matter, he should try to grow on nothing but beer diet. ;D

you'll be eating these words within 6 weeks or so chumpo :-*

why? coz i'll have legit and conditioned 16 inch arms while eating a shit diet but at the same time increasing my training loads ;)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2013, 05:45:38 AM »
what the fuck are you going on about?

i'm on ultra low dose of hormones dipshit ie. 10 mg of sdrol 4 or 5 days a week is very low dose dumbass

you're just pissed off coz i don't follow this typical diet advice horseshit, don't take it personal dude, it's not that serious lol

btw this pic was taken when i was eating bout 1200 cals per day and training with very light training loads
in a PHA/circuit style fashion, so of course i'm not gonna be "big" ::)

again, I WANT TO BE 175-180 @ 6-7% AND NOT BIGGER, and again it ain't that serious chief
there is something going on back there ,some muscle there/seperation....