Author Topic: NFL Player: "I"m better at life than you"  (Read 12225 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: NFL Player: "I"m better at life than you"
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2013, 02:57:04 PM »
Someone pay me millions of dollars and have millions of people watch me every sunday and I will be gladly considered a slave.

That's the mentality.  Make me billions why I pay you millions to do what I tell you to and eventually spend the rest of your life with fucked up knees and never being able to remember where you left your keys.

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2013, 03:01:18 PM »
Skip Bayless is a tool

JediTerminator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2013, 03:01:47 PM »
That's the mentality.  Make me billions why I pay you millions to do what I tell you to and eventually spend the rest of your life with fucked up knees and never being able to remember where you left your keys.

and when you are no longer an employee of the NFL you can pay for you medi care on your own. i seen lots of players get pissed about this. you break your back or blow out your knee and its a problem for life.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2013, 03:06:49 PM »
and when you are no longer an employee of the NFL you can pay for you medi care on your own. i seen lots of players get pissed about this. you break your back or blow out your knee and its a problem for life.

This is a legitimate complaint.  People may say a person assumes the risk when they play but it seems a bit heartless to abandon an injured player.  The NFl can afford it.  Best thing to do is plan ahead while in college.  Football wont always be there.  You arent going to get to far with a communications degree.
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2013, 03:09:41 PM »
Stanford is a top ten school. Clearly this guy is no dummy.

He did sound a quite nervous though calling skip out, but he seemed well spoken and not like a thug lol.
exactly he made the white guy look like a douche i thought

thats a pretty decent confident black guy nothing wrong with that.

the white guy seemed to be just prodding bastard
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2013, 03:15:23 PM »
Apparently Skip is a fucking douche-bag who likes to bad mouth professionals , I'm glad this kid beat Skip at his own game , shut his ass right down. At first when I heard I thought " Wow this kid is a tool " but when you take into account Skip history of baiting & bashing pros , all Richard did was beat him at his own game. Good for him.
yeah i dont know much about sports but this is what i got out of it, good post
A

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2013, 03:31:45 PM »
bayless can be a twat.
But Richard Sherman almost crying, whinnying about how he is better at life. what a beta bitch made retard. ::)
A

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2013, 03:39:11 PM »
Where did you graduate from....he went to Stanford...and graduated....

"unwarrented arrogance" lol

I'm sorry, I didn't realize you fantasized so about that half-wit.  My apologies.  (Btw, you misspelled "unwarranted" there, genius.)

He was a fucking ATHLETE, so if you knew anything about university politics and sports, you'd realize he could've graduated at the top of his class from Stanford and, oops!  Guess what?

It wouldn't mean a goddamn thing :D

I recently earned my MA at Chapel Hill, thanks for asking.  My dentist went to school at UNC-CH throughout his college career.  As he told me, it was the funniest thing, but some basketball and football players of his acquaintance would take the same courses he did as an undergrad and, even though they only attended class perhaps 20-30% of the time, they all wound up with, gasp, As and Bs!

Imagine that :roll:

Don't give me that stupid shit about some ball-player graduating from ANYWHERE when we all good and damn well know they're given a free ride.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2013, 03:41:13 PM »
Shermann made 465k in year one, and 510k in year two.  He's certainly doing better than most people his age.

Skip bayliss' salary is actually about the same.  And if Skip falls in the bath house and turns his knee, he has health insurance from ESPN and still does his show.  He'll probably still be doing the same ESPN gig (at least for radio) in 5 or 10 years.  The chances of shermann playing 8 more years to reach a 10th season aren't high, given average NFL CB career lengths.  The NFL gives Shermann a big middle finger if he tears a knee stepping out of his limo tomorrow.

Skip's net worth is 4 million and he has a sustianable salary of half a mil.  That's a good living.  Shermann may get to 4 million cash in the bank, but that's a year or three away.  

Watching the interview, we forget SKip is a wealthier man.

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2013, 03:41:40 PM »
But, ooops!  I forgot:  Stanford is different than EVERY other institution in the country, including prestigious schools like Duke  ::)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2013, 04:18:14 PM »
But, ooops!  I forgot:  Stanford is different than EVERY other institution in the country, including prestigious schools like Duke  ::)
thing about it is, is Duke basketball players tend to be quite smart. Case in point Grant Hill, Wojo, and even Jason Williams (yes he was stupid for having that sport bike)...
Duke and Chapel Hill and Maryland have different atmospheres---UNC and Marylandis pure balla (in terms of basketball programs. Duke, Coach K recruits guys who might not be the best, but play well as a team and are academically inclined.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2013, 05:58:36 PM »
Shermann is an arrogant prick it was fun watching roddy white make him look foolish in the playoffs

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2013, 06:04:23 PM »
if you are born with usain bolt speed    and then use ped     becoming a super star    I guess you can tell some one old that you are better at life than they are   

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2013, 06:33:30 PM »
if you are born with usain bolt speed    and then use ped     becoming a super star    I guess you can tell some one old that you are better at life than they are  
fact is they re both millionaires, so doing better than 99.99% of the human population on earth. Funny to see they re still bragging and fighting each others about their respective incomes at that level. 

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2013, 06:41:17 PM »
LOL @ that dreadlocked bignose

You ain't better than anyone while looking like a gorilla! :D

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2013, 06:43:20 PM »
LOL @ that dreadlocked bignose

You ain't better than anyone while looking like a gorilla! :D
yeah i can picture skip telling him "yeah but you re still black at the end of the day" on tv.

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2013, 06:44:12 PM »
My, my, MA from Chapel Hill.  Very impressive. 

::)

I'm sorry, I didn't realize you fantasized so about that half-wit.  My apologies.  (Btw, you misspelled "unwarranted" there, genius.)

He was a fucking ATHLETE, so if you knew anything about university politics and sports, you'd realize he could've graduated at the top of his class from Stanford and, oops!  Guess what?

It wouldn't mean a goddamn thing :D

I recently earned my MA at Chapel Hill, thanks for asking.  My dentist went to school at UNC-CH throughout his college career.  As he told me, it was the funniest thing, but some basketball and football players of his acquaintance would take the same courses he did as an undergrad and, even though they only attended class perhaps 20-30% of the time, they all wound up with, gasp, As and Bs!

Imagine that :roll:

Don't give me that stupid shit about some ball-player graduating from ANYWHERE when we all good and damn well know they're given a free ride.

basil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2013, 07:26:46 PM »
White guys win by default.  Don't mean to sound racist, it just (unfortunately) the way of the world. 

basil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2013, 07:33:40 PM »
you chimps need to stop while you are ahead.

Sherman graduated in 2010 from Stanford with a degree in Communications and returned for his final year of eligibility in order to begin a Masters degree.[/b

this dude wasn't taking the normal football player classes at Stanford, and he returned his fifth year to work on his masters.  

Dude, it's communications.  Have you ever taken a university level comms course?  It's basically what you take as an elective instead of folklore, religious studies, anthro. or any other bird course.  I think the Comms degree was created for jocks.  I would say all you have to do is show up to class on a regular basis, but you don't really have to do that to earn a passing grade.  If you pass high school english and can carry on a decent conversation with a person, you'll do fine. 

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2013, 07:39:51 PM »
you chimps need to stop while you are ahead.

Sherman graduated in 2010 from Stanford with a degree in Communications and returned for his final year of eligibility in order to begin a Masters degree.[/b

this dude wasn't taking the normal football player classes at Stanford, and he returned his fifth year to work on his masters.  

Communications

Communications

I honestly don't know if an easier major exists out there for undergrad...
all drugs - TPPIIP

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: March 08, 2013, 07:43:34 PM »
Communications

Communications

I honestly don't know if an easier major exists out there for undergrad...
Right up there with Parks & Rec and Hospitality Mgmt. 

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2013, 07:54:02 PM »
yeah i can picture skip telling him "yeah but you re still black at the end of the day" on tv.

Would have been an epic ending :D

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2013, 11:14:26 PM »
not at stanford.. there are some schools that do.. but stanford, ga tech, vandy, ucla... yeah they dont operate like that. I understand that this kid from Compton doesnt fit your normal mold of what a black ball player with dreads from compton should be.. But fact of the matter is.. he is a college graduate from a top 10 school and did it while playing ball at a high level....and he makes more money than you ever will

I don't know man. Stanford football team made Tiger Woods an honorary captain at a bowl game in 2012. Tiger hasn't gotten a degree from Stanford because he dropped out and turned pro. I don't know if Stanford gave him an honorary degree yet but i'm sure it's in the pipeline. My point being is that if they do shit like that with Tiger, who knows what they do with guys who actually are in line to graduate there.

Kahn.N.Singh

• Getbig IV
  • Die Weltgeschichte ist das Weltgericht
« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2013, 11:55:39 PM »
'Communications' is not considered intellectually rigorous, and its majors perennially score very low on graduate admissions tests. Sherman is a very talented football player, but he scored only 24 on the Wonderlic, which is roughly equivalent to a 108 IQ -- hardly Stanford material, but consistent with his major.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #74 on: March 09, 2013, 12:01:12 AM »
I always thought that if you had to regularly chase a pigskin while smashing your body into big ass grown men, eventually causing yourself lifelong injuries and unnecessary suffering for the sake of entertaining a bunch of ignorant, beer swilling fools,  it was because You weren't good at life or smart enough to know better.
V