Author Topic: 7th grader saved from Suicide due to letters  (Read 5425 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
7th grader saved from Suicide due to letters
« on: March 08, 2013, 08:56:12 PM »
Columbia, Md. 7th grader was on CBS news tonight because he suffers from Depression and Anxiety, and gets called names, so he was going to kill himself...So Mom concocted a plan...
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-57573381/how-letters-from-strangers-saved-a-teens-life

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Re: 7th grader saved from Suicide due to letters
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 01:24:51 AM »
If the little fucker would have gotten letters from getbig he would be dead by now.

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 01:28:10 AM »
probably just postponed it

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 01:32:18 AM »
If the little fucker would have gotten letters from getbig he would be dead by now.
Ya no kidding eh... getbig assholes  :D

But on a serious note it is truly sad how bullies fucken cause this, ya they are only kids but ruthless and heartless. Glad this kid survived that. Very scary thought when you have kids.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 01:34:27 AM »

hahahah!!!  ;D

"epic not coloring inside the lines"

"massive pokemon card collection"

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 01:43:34 AM »
I have no doubt some of the parents of the bullies are GETBIGGERS!
V

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2013, 01:50:48 AM »
I have no doubt some of the parents of the bullies are GETBIGGERS!

Am I wrong in accepting bullying as a normal human trait? ???

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2013, 02:21:29 AM »
Am I wrong in accepting bullying as a normal human trait? ???
Yes you are wrong, because civilised society is based on civility, if we lived in a law of the jungle Anarchist society, bullying would be normal, but when humans are constrained by laws, rules and regulations, were a premium is put on civilised behaviour, for those who suffer from some sort of personality defect and don't care about themselves, their reputation or consequences for their actions, it is unfair for these people to single out others and push the boundaries.  If we pass a law that states bullies can be beat the fuck down to the point of near death, then it wouldn't be so bad, and bullying wouldn't happen as often, but that type of law would only move civilised society one step closer to the law of the jungle anarchist system.  Those who are prepared to act in accordance with civilised society shouldn't be negatively impacted by those that aren't.  Personally I would prefer a system that allows the bullied to be able to fight back and freely inflict suffering on their tormentors with little to no penalty, too much freedom is given to those wanting to cause trouble, if the law turned a blind eye, decent people could have this sorted in a heartbeat.

Society should always remain focused on determining the person or group that started the altercation, civilised society isn't made by laws, rules or regulations, it is made because the majority of people are civilised, bullies generally lack civility, in my experience the best way to deal with them is too beat them down.  In my adult life, I have had the pleasure of seriously injuring a bully, and it was a very satisfying moment indeed.

A word for the bullies, make sure the person you bully doesn't have the capacity to beat you the fuck down.
V

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2013, 02:25:25 AM »
Cremation?

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2013, 09:50:04 AM »
First world problem.

Mattyh7688

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2013, 09:58:10 AM »
I was bullied in 7th grade, now I became a bodybuilder to hide my insecurities. This kid just needs some tren, not some fucking letters.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2013, 09:59:47 AM »
It's a damn shame that we can't get a grip on this in our schools. What that poor soul went through at such a young age, geez  :'(
follow the arrows

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2013, 10:05:07 AM »

Bullying is in human nature.
Yes, it's sad what some kids have to go through but that's how it has always been.

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2013, 10:26:28 AM »
Yes you are wrong, because civilised society is based on civility, if we lived in a law of the jungle Anarchist society, bullying would be normal, but when humans are constrained by laws, rules and regulations, were a premium is put on civilised behaviour, for those who suffer from some sort of personality defect and don't care about themselves, their reputation or consequences for their actions, it is unfair for these people to single out others and push the boundaries.  If we pass a law that states bullies can be beat the fuck down to the point of near death, then it wouldn't be so bad, and bullying wouldn't happen as often, but that type of law would only move civilised society one step closer to the law of the jungle anarchist system.  Those who are prepared to act in accordance with civilised society shouldn't be negatively impacted by those that aren't.  Personally I would prefer a system that allows the bullied to be able to fight back and freely inflict suffering on their tormentors with little to no penalty, too much freedom is given to those wanting to cause trouble, if the law turned a blind eye, decent people could have this sorted in a heartbeat.

Society should always remain focused on determining the person or group that started the altercation, civilised society isn't made by laws, rules or regulations, it is made because the majority of people are civilised, bullies generally lack civility, in my experience the best way to deal with them is too beat them down.  In my adult life, I have had the pleasure of seriously injuring a bully, and it was a very satisfying moment indeed.

A word for the bullies, make sure the person you bully doesn't have the capacity to beat you the fuck down.

They're 12 years old you fuckwit.

These whiny fucking kids need a strong father figure, boxing lessons, and then they need to go back to school and kick some fucking ass.

Jesus Christ you're a fucking pansy. You're so far removed from normalcy that you don't even realize how fucking retarded you really are.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2013, 10:26:45 AM »
Bullying is in human nature.
Yes, it's sad what some kids have to go through but that's how it has always been.

Murder has always been around, why try to do something about it?

Not unless you are the one being murdered, or bullied of course.
follow the arrows

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2013, 10:29:07 AM »

You have such a sensitive soul, piscine molitor.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2013, 10:31:40 AM »
You have such a sensitive soul, piscine molitor.
I had to look it up, you really liked that movie didn't you?
follow the arrows

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2013, 10:34:24 AM »
I had to look it up, you really liked that movie didn't you?

i liked the images... the story was pretty lame. also your mom was pretty hot - has she been in other stuff?

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2013, 10:35:38 AM »
i liked the images... the story was pretty lame. also your mom was pretty hot - has she been in other stuff?
no, not quite as popular as yours, just check the sex board once in a while  ;D

sorry you left an easy one open  :P
follow the arrows

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2013, 10:36:11 AM »

Make no mistake sir, I'm not suggesting nothing should be done about it.

But just like murdering, bullying is probably practically impossible to eliminate. I mean murder has been punishable for what... hundreds of years. Still no one has got rid of it.

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2013, 10:37:05 AM »

But just like murdering, bullying is probably practically impossible to eliminate. I mean murder has been punishable in most places for hundreds of years. Still no one has got rid of it.

we just need to ban all guns. problem solved.

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2013, 10:41:41 AM »
we just need to ban all guns. problem solved.

Yes and sew everyones mouths closed so no one can call anyone names ;D

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2013, 10:42:43 AM »
Yes and sew everyones mouths closed so no one can call anyone names ;D

one step at a time.  murder is a bigger problem than some pansy-ass kid being called names.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2013, 10:43:29 AM »

But just like murdering, bullying is probably practically impossible to eliminate. I mean murder has been punishable for what... hundreds of years. Still no one has got rid of it.
understood. but i think there needs to be a great push to reduce bullying with greater awareness in society and some measures to prevent it. Back when I was in school it wasn't even discussed as a problem, and it's only gotten worse since with facebook and other social media. I had never heard of kids committing suicide from bullying before  :-\
follow the arrows

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2013, 10:44:57 AM »
understood. but i think there needs to be a great push to reduce bullying with greater awareness in society and some measures to prevent it. Back when I was in school it wasn't even discussed as a problem, and it's only gotten worse since with facebook and other social media. I had never heard of kids committing suicide from bullying before  :-\

kids used to be tougher back in the day. now they're spoiled, politically correct, antibioticked within an inch of their lives panty-waists.