Author Topic: how much protein powder is too much?  (Read 6475 times)

JediTerminator

• Getbig IV
how much protein powder is too much?
« on: March 10, 2013, 09:21:24 AM »
I've been drinking it quite a bit lately and its now giving me a killer stomach ache. I used to drink egg whites and never had this problem but that was on the expensive side.

Is protein powder even needed post workout if i just have a big meal?

NotSure

• Getbig III
Re: how much protein powder is too much?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 09:25:37 AM »
I've been drinking it quite a bit lately and its now giving me a killer stomach ache. I used to drink egg whites and never had this problem but that was on the expensive side.

Is protein powder even needed post workout if i just have a big meal?

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 09:26:43 AM »
who even knows what is in these powders

better stick with normal food if you ask me

JediTerminator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 09:28:01 AM »

you've been having me thinking this anabolichalo. i notice when i get indegestion it's usually a day i'm intaking protein powder. i could get steaks cheaper than i buy protein tubs for.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 09:31:35 AM »
Do not drink more than 34.748493 grams per sitting or your body will become catabolic and your muscles will shrink.
X

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 09:37:59 AM »
Completely stopped taking all protein supplements about 2 years ago. I could spare the 0.022 lbs of extra muscle it would help me keep, lol. Unless you're a competitive bodybuilder for whom every % of improvement counts i don't see the point at all.
follow the arrows

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 09:40:08 AM »
you've been having me thinking this anabolichalo. i notice when i get indegestion it's usually a day i'm intaking protein powder. i could get steaks cheaper than i buy protein tubs for.
i havent used protein powder for a longtime

i feel tempted a lot to buy again because lets face it, convenient to take to work etc

but i just dont think this stuff is legit

snake oil

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2013, 09:46:24 AM »
Yes who knows what is actually in this shite?  Just eat some chicken or maybe some pork rinds.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2013, 10:09:46 AM »

Ummmm.....PROTEIN would be in these protein powders.

Is this another whinefest for people who still don't know how to eat properly?

There are no conspiracies to trick you or anyone else, with regards to them. And, they don't cost an arm and leg, if you know when and where to shop.

hbk29

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2013, 10:31:34 AM »
Hey this is my first post on get big.  I live in norway so sorry for my grammar. I thought this was a bodybuilding chat room site. When a person asks about how much protein powder is enough, why don't give the man an answer.  Sometimes is sounds like you people hate bodybuilding and everything around it. You dint drink protein powder,and what is in it? you guys are crazy... ha ha offcourse you need protein powder.. some of you remind me off those personal trainers that stare at me when go in to the gym because I'm big. Right after 5o minutes of training all you can on one muscle group you neeeeeeed a protein shake i use on whey 50 grams protein and some carbs..  
 If you guys hate everything, supplements ,food taring why dint you just start posting on a another site like tmz or all about this Illuminati \Armageddon bullshit... So too answer you question ,, drink around 2\3 shakes a day, but food is a better choice if you can.  

closeline

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2013, 10:39:44 AM »

Yes, powders are garbge

closeline

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2013, 10:42:50 AM »
Hey this is my first post on get big.  I live in norway so sorry for my grammar. I thought this was a bodybuilding chat room site. When a person asks about how much protein powder is enough, why don't give the man an answer.  Sometimes is sounds like you people hate bodybuilding and everything around it. You dint drink protein powder,and what is in it? you guys are crazy... ha ha offcourse you need protein powder.. some of you remind me off those personal trainers that stare at me when go in to the gym because I'm big. Right after 5o minutes of training all you can on one muscle group you neeeeeeed a protein shake i use on whey 50 grams protein and some carbs..  
 If you guys hate everything, supplements ,food taring why dint you just start posting on a another site like tmz or all about this Illuminati \Armageddon bullshit... So too answer you question ,, drink around 2\3 shakes a day, but food is a better choice if you can.  

Warning!
Supplement Industry gimmick  account

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2013, 10:53:55 AM »

welcome Viking 8)

hbk29

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2013, 10:56:24 AM »
he he.. it is cool my first battle on get big.. Why do you say that protein powders are garbage? it is a supplement to youre diet and traing. i like to have it 2 times a day. What is even a supplement industry gimmick account?he he .you dont use protein powder?do you trainat all?

hbk29

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2013, 11:00:02 AM »
Sorry to disapont you maybe.. i am not a true viking only 50 percent i am half norwigian and half jamaican.. So iam only half viking

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2013, 11:02:06 AM »
he he.. it is cool my first battle on get big.. Why do you say that protein powders are garbage? it is a supplement to youre diet and traing. i like to have it 2 times a day. What is even a supplement industry gimmick account?he he .you dont use protein powder?do you trainat all?

Protein powder is food. You don't NEED this particular food. You need a certain amount of protein,
if you do powder it's your choice.

That one doesn't always know what they're getting buying a powder is a very legitimate point.

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2013, 11:03:10 AM »
has nyone been having problems with optimum whey recently? shits tearing up my staomchnever had this issue, heard they have some new ingredient that is part of stevia??
l

supernick

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2013, 11:04:07 AM »
your body will absorb all the protein you consume. This crap people say about anything over 30 - 40 grams of protein will be shit out is bull shit, however 30-40 grams for most people is all you need to reach the max anabolic state.  Anything over that is really not needed in one sitting.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2013, 11:04:54 AM »
When you can't pee anymore

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2013, 11:06:20 AM »

if your spending shitlaods of money on gear and a gym membership and al that protein powder is too risky IMO....imagine if theres really nothing in that stuff? fuck it....whole eggs and red meat are cheap as hell. i make pancakes every morning...

6 whole eggs
2 whole bananas
1 cup flour
1 cup milk

drench them in organic honey
l

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2013, 11:08:41 AM »
whey protein is a cheaper and higher quality source of protein than chicken breasts.

closeline

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2013, 11:09:25 AM »
if your spending shitlaods of money on gear and a gym membership and al that protein powder is too risky IMO....imagine if theres really nothing in that stuff? fuck it....whole eggs and red meat are cheap as hell. i make pancakes every morning...

6 whole eggs
2 whole bananas
1 cup flour
1 cup milk

drench them in organic honey

Nice!

I do it like that too

Powders are for lazy People who Don care about the Peak Performance only Quality natural Food can give to an athlete

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2013, 11:09:43 AM »
your body will absorb all the protein you consume. This crap people say about anything over 30 - 40 grams of protein will be shit out is bull shit, however 30-40 grams for most people is all you need to reach the max anabolic state.  Anything over that is really not needed in one sitting.

You can digest a shitload of protein in a single feeding. Utilizing is another matter.
Reaching maximum protein synthetic rate from protein doesn't require much, however anything over this amount works anti-catabolically, so you can't easily put good figures on single feedings. It depends.

hbk29

• Getbig II
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2013, 11:10:58 AM »
I know that it is food. i is just easier right after training to have a shake tat to bring food with you.. I agree with you that you need protein it was just a little bit upset that people always here talk so much shit about protein powders ans supplements are fake.. i use whey shake,multivitamin,vitamin c and vitamin d and they work for me. but also a lot i have tried didny work at all.all tis testo booster i havent fell a daam thing,,he he.

i am sure some powders are shit i like on whey also muscletec ,but here in norway the cost alot..

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2013, 11:15:48 AM »

i am sure some powders are shit i like on whey also muscletec ,but here in norway the cost alot..

You guys can't even buy 1 gram vitamin C due to your laws, from what I understand.

OTOH steroid use itself isn't criminalized like here in Sweden.