Author Topic: Walking Dead -Season 4 trailer arrives Friday  (Read 25071 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Walking Dead -Tonight
« Reply #75 on: March 17, 2013, 05:42:13 PM »
I hope tonight is a really cool gun battle.   Supposed to be a betrayl tonight too.   

I'm betting that the governor's guard (who chatted with daryl) joins their crew next season.  They made him too likeable with too much back story to just blow him away.

what will threaten things and deliver the "oh shit!" moment for season 4?   Laurie comes limping out of the wood chomping on shane's dick?  daryl and merle's older brother "played by gary busey" decides to rile things up?

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #76 on: March 17, 2013, 09:11:30 PM »
Tonight's episode was decent but it dragged on.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2013, 06:46:54 PM »
Governor just smoked like 20 people in own his army!!!!!

Good season finale thus far

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2013, 07:05:16 PM »
wow, crazy ending.  i dont konw what to think.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #79 on: March 31, 2013, 07:06:29 PM »
wow, crazy ending.  i dont konw what to think.

bbooorrriiinnnggggg. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: March 31, 2013, 07:13:35 PM »
bbooorrriiinnnggggg. 
EXACTLY, this season has been one big waste of facking time

what happened to the govenor?

At least next season there will be alot of random nobodies to die off for our pleasure.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2013, 07:18:38 PM »
i think, in terms of a show that entertains a zombie world...

it was a realistic season finale.  Invaders to prison are hit with a clever ruse, but half make it out alive.  in "hollywood", they all get killed and governor dies after a heroic fistfight from Rick himself.   

Governor losing it under the pressure and shooting his own men - realistic, based upon history.  Unceremonious end for them. 

Andrea dying - realistic.  Handcuffed with a walker, nobody should make it out without a bite.  They killed her off.

bringing the people back and forming a new community - realistic and opens up a lot of potential.

Carl turning into a psycho - believable.  He wasn't this gentle kid hugging his dad.  he's a stone killer. 

Governor slinking away to hide and fight another day, realistic.  Most leaders do that, they don't do that final stand.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #82 on: March 31, 2013, 07:18:57 PM »
A certain death tonight felt forced and specifically done for shock value.  The scheme of the show seems to be those that died earlier in the comic live longer and/or die later in the show.  Those who live longer in the comic die earlier in the show.
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: March 31, 2013, 07:19:32 PM »
i think, in terms of a show that entertains a zombie world...

it was a realistic season finale.  Invaders to prison are hit with a clever ruse, but half make it out alive.  in "hollywood", they all get killed and governor dies after a heroic fistfight from Rick himself.   

Governor losing it under the pressure and shooting his own men - realistic, based upon history.  Unceremonious end for them. 

Andrea dying - realistic.  Handcuffed with a walker, nobody should make it out without a bite.  They killed her off.

bringing the people back and forming a new community - realistic and opens up a lot of potential.

Carl turning into a psycho - believable.  He wasn't this gentle kid hugging his dad.  he's a stone killer. 

Governor slinking away to hide and fight another day, realistic.  Most leaders do that, they don't do that final stand.

Trolling again? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: March 31, 2013, 07:25:10 PM »
Trolling again? 

???

Nope.  I hated the season 2 season finale.  I thought season 1 finale was very good.

I thought this was *pretty* good.... but in terms of what we see on most shows these days - those heroic last stands, etc.... Here's what a typical season finale would be...

Big battle at prison.  Rick is wounded in the arm but manages to dive in front of carl to save him from a bullet.  Gov gains the upper hand, but then rick delivers a one-liner and stabs him thru the eye patch.

Carl is soft again, crying "I love you dad" and dropping the gun.   Tyrese walks in just in time to save andrea from a lunging Milton.  Everyone makes up, all the bad guys die, etc etc.

In terms of season finales, it was better than expected.  Killed off some liked characters and the bad guy got away in the end without a single redeeming thing about him.  Shit, how many shows let a guy as hated as the Guv get away in teh end?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: March 31, 2013, 07:29:56 PM »
the worst season by far, they are really going to need to step it up next season if they hope to keep the show going.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #86 on: March 31, 2013, 07:31:16 PM »
the worst season by far, they are really going to need to step it up next season if they hope to keep the show going.

Season was good until it dragged the last three episodes.  Finale was a disaster.
Y

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: March 31, 2013, 07:32:13 PM »
Season was good until it dragged the last three episodes.  Finale was a disaster.
id say the first half was good, the second half could have been concluded in 2 or 3 episodes and still had the shitty ending it did.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: March 31, 2013, 07:40:07 PM »

Correct - the beginning was TENSE!!!!  Last few eposiodes sucked! 

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #89 on: March 31, 2013, 07:49:58 PM »
You people expect nonstop action in EVERY episode? That is so dumb. Some episodes are slower than others because they have to build up the suspense. I think it would be stupid and unrealistic to have every episode chocked with intense violence and action. That is not what makes a show a good show.
X

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: March 31, 2013, 07:51:56 PM »
maybe governor will be like merle.....   disappear for a few episodes or even a season, then re-emerge with a new army or something.  

spoiler alert - i read they didn't take down the woodbury set - they're using it to film the first few episodes of next season... so either they're just using it for a few random scenes... or the gov comes back there or soemthing?  dunno.

In terms of a realistic ending, you got it.  It wasn't hollywood, but it was believable.  None of that one-liner as the hero kills the villian.  The huge prison invasion wasn't a hollywood battle.  Andrea didn't somehow kill a zombie with one hand.   Governor didn't go down with the ship.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #91 on: March 31, 2013, 07:59:17 PM »
Fuck the character carl....so tired of him

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #92 on: March 31, 2013, 08:01:49 PM »
Are there any dead bodybuilders walking around or in the gyms in this show?

TheTruth90

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Steve Marcello Arce--poster boy for stupid
« Reply #93 on: March 31, 2013, 08:13:06 PM »
It seems as they are going further away from following the comic books. In the books, Andrea is still alive way after the Governor.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #94 on: March 31, 2013, 08:15:21 PM »
How was it a disaster? Did you expect everyone to die?

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #95 on: March 31, 2013, 08:34:52 PM »

Yes.  Unfortunately none in thongs

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: March 31, 2013, 09:03:43 PM »

that would be completely badass if one of the walkers was a 300 pound Bber.

Seven Copper Coins

• Getbig IV
« Reply #97 on: March 31, 2013, 10:08:35 PM »
Fuck the character carl....so tired of him

I hated Carl...but i like what they are doing with him now.

Now i dont like the way Glenn is being written. He was gritty but funny and cool...now he is too serious.

Everhard

• Getbig II
« Reply #98 on: March 31, 2013, 10:09:14 PM »
How was it a disaster? Did you expect everyone to die?

It was a disaster because the finale completely went in the opposite direction of the comics, and if anyone reads the comics than they know how great they are.

Seven Copper Coins

• Getbig IV
« Reply #99 on: March 31, 2013, 10:15:52 PM »
Comic book nerds need to get over the fact this isn't the comic. It's BASED on the comic, and it's a very well done show. Like 240 said they don't take the obvious way out all the time, and they don't always miraculously survive and come out on top.