Author Topic: The fun never stops at my current gym  (Read 2863 times)

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
The fun never stops at my current gym
« on: March 13, 2013, 03:40:32 AM »
I have had several issues ever since I joined this "Elite" gym in my hometown. First it was the loud shitty techno/pop, then it was the vacuuming 3 times a day in between your legs while you are trying to work out. Then it was the tae bo class that was fit for 30 yet there were 50 people and you kept stepping on each other, the locker room where you open the door and everyone in the hallway can see you naked (I got a few appreciative glances from a couple of hot chicks  ;D ) and the list goes on.

Friday, after I finished my 300 reps for abs and 1 hour of cardio, I notice this chick waiting for me next to the treadmill. She asks me if I am the guy who dislikes loud music and proceeds to inquire when will I leave the gym. She also explained to me that we are not here to hear each other breathe and so on. I look at her not amused and explained that the complaints are to be taken up with the management not with me. I tried hard to be polite. Then I went downstairs at the front desk and in a less polite tone asked who the fuck told her I want the music toned down and why did she come to me. So I find out that the front desk girl, who I explained in a previous day that the music is too loud, pointed me out and gave her my name.

Yesterday, I was working out with my friends, and I spot a good friend from Pakistan who did the 3D illustrations for my website and my book. This guy is incredible at what he does and I get along very well with islamic oriented cultures and their people. I told him to join and that the gym is ok. He leaves me a message later on facebook that they told him they have no more room and they will call HIM whenever (a day, a week, a month EVENTUALLY). I thought it was a bad joke and asked this morning the same retarded front desk girl. She reasons AGAIN her idiotic decision and I leave fuming (AGAIN).

I will talk again with the manager who must be not the sharpest tool in the shed this evening. One time they did not let my friend who later still joined to come up and talk to me because they respect their member's privacy. No shit! I guess it applies selectively.

So, should I still stay polite? Or should I explain him about confidentiality clause in the contract, racial profiling?

I will still go there because I want to embarass bodybuilding wise their trainer who takes a shitload and told me he is clean but used a little winstrol 3 months ago. People will gawk at me when I am done with the second phase of my transformation.  ;D

Thoughts?

Dicki_Nurmom

• Getbig II
  • FILT RULES!
Re: The fun never stops at my current gym
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 04:55:15 AM »
Have they posted a 'Roma not welcome' sign at the door yet?

Filthy gypsy.

Euro-monster

• Getbig V
  • Team Dutchie style!!
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 04:59:22 AM »
I think its time to find another gym Sebastian...if you feel like you are not welcome there why stay?
?

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 05:04:11 AM »
Sev, did you give up on tennis? at one point you were working as a tennis coach/trainer
I

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 05:05:49 AM »
I think its time to find another gym Sebastian...if you feel like you are not welcome there why stay?
to own the guy who has a 30 ft poster on the outside of the gym besides the numerous pics inside because he insulted my intelligence with the "a little winstrol 3 months ago" reply after he told me"Ok..I will tell you exactly what I am on" (he asked for my advice on getting competition ripped and I asked for his current dosage to get an idea about his tolerance..he is on 1.5 grams a week at least).

I am not a primadonna but some things they do need to fix.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 05:06:44 AM »
looks too commercial bet the dumbells only go up to fifty pounds
T

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 05:06:57 AM »
Sev, did you give up on tennis? at one point you were working as a tennis coach/trainer
I played tennis on the professional tour and also taught a few years. It was fun. I barely play these days, maybe a few times a year.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2013, 05:08:56 AM »
looks too commercial bet the dumbells only go up to fifty pounds
65 lol

yes.. they want to keep the meatheads out which is not a problem since the equipment is so bad you cannot lift heavy on it (weird angles, gaps, wide trapezoidal seats, smooth chromed bars etc).

I train circuit style and use light weights so it is ok for me.

IronMeister

• Getbig IV
  • Übermacht
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2013, 05:15:51 AM »
Just use your powers sev. Slay their minds.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2013, 05:24:42 AM »
Just use your powers sev. Slay their minds.
I just want to work out. Aparently I am the only idiot who wants fo focus during training. Everyone else socializes to loud shitty pop mixed with shitty techno beats. Fuc.k that noise

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2013, 05:25:47 AM »
Why don't you train at your own gym? ???

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2013, 05:25:50 AM »
 ::)

Fucking drama queen.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2013, 05:28:37 AM »
::)

Fucking drama queen.
The exact opposite my friend. I don't think you realize how fucking bacwards is everything in Romania. Gyms, restaurants and the list goes on. People who never trained outside this "metropolis".

My favorite gym was Powerhouse Dearborn, MI. THAT was a real gym .. also the old Powerhouse on Woodward. I trained in high class places and ghetto gyms and anything in between during the past 23 years.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2013, 05:32:05 AM »
I guess gyms all around the world are starting to look the same: no heavy DBs, no squat rack, loud dance music, etc....

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2013, 05:34:15 AM »
I guess gyms all around the world are starting to look the same: no heavy DBs, no squat rack, loud dance music, etc....

they want members that go for a couple of weeks every jan then pay for the rest of the year without turning up

hardcore gym goers are at the bottom of the list for them

it sucks
T

IronMeister

• Getbig IV
  • Übermacht
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2013, 05:34:25 AM »
I just want to work out. Aparently I am the only idiot who wants fo focus during training. Everyone else socializes to loud shitty pop mixed with shitty techno beats. Fuc.k that noise
Agreed, fucking hate loud shitty music at gyms.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2013, 05:35:09 AM »
What other gyms are there in the area Sev?

Surely there must be a better gym (with better customer service where the employees are more service-minded).

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2013, 05:37:04 AM »
Then try imagining loud shitty pop mixed with the shittiest techno beats. Same 20 songs over and over and make it loud enough to not be able to carry a conversation on a normal tone. I do try to mind my own business but at some point it gets VERY annoying.

Oh, the trainer I told you about, he is the "mastermind" behind the "music".  ;D

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2013, 05:37:28 AM »

The last 2 gyms I trained at had a great membership and good interation with the owners/staff (rare these days) If you didn't like the music, you'd walk over to the counter and look through their CD's and change it without saying a word - even bring your own shit which most guys did. Potential for arguements? - maybe if you weigh 150 pounds.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2013, 05:38:56 AM »
What other gyms are there in the area Sev?

Surely there must be a better gym (with better customer service where the employees are more service-minded).

None. The rest are shittier even with a LOT of typical easter european thugs (ask Galeniko..he knows what I am talking about).

I can work out at my gym with no music and alone if I want to, but I joined because I was missing the feeling of a regular gym with many people and girls walking around  ;D

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2013, 05:41:04 AM »
The last 2 gyms I trained at had a great membership and good interation with the owners/staff (rare these days) If you didn't like the music, you'd walk over to the counter and look through their CD's and change it without saying a word - even bring your own shit which most guys did. Potential for arguements? - maybe if you weigh 150 pounds.
You know, it IS funny because since I weigh 160 lbs now, even though under clothes I am ripped to the bone, guys do stare me down haha (this pic is a month or so old when I was beefier .. 175 lbs  ;D )

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2013, 05:44:03 AM »

my gym is full of polish monsters that stink and juice heads

the music is hardcore dance or metal

it rocks
T

littledumbells

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2013, 05:44:36 AM »
When you joined did you not notice the loud music and shitty equipment?

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2013, 05:51:05 AM »
When you joined did you not notice the loud music and shitty equipment?
I did  :-\

After the 8th suggestion I realised nothing's gonna change. But I have a big personality, so now the music is toned down and milder with the ocasional flares  ;D

IronMeister

• Getbig IV
  • Übermacht
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2013, 05:51:52 AM »
In my gym there is loud music only at the free weights area...and TV's at the machines and cardio area. Anyway my solution is taking an earphones and listen to the music I like instad.