Author Topic: MLB 2013  (Read 33540 times)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: MLB 2013
« Reply #100 on: June 25, 2013, 11:13:56 AM »
phils lose again paplebum another blown save. two of his bs he actually got the win not this time on the road.
F

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: June 25, 2013, 11:35:51 AM »
cliff lee 9-2 phils tie for 2nd in division  again woooowhooooo

I'm putting in the call right now....Cliff Lee is a Texas Ranger within 6 weeks.  8)

Number one priority for Texas is a top of the rotation starter to go with Darvish and Jon Daniels is a man who likes to make moves.

Including trading away Chris Davis unfortunately  :'( :-X >:(

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #102 on: June 25, 2013, 01:13:19 PM »
Do you give up Profar for him?
Y

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: June 25, 2013, 02:20:59 PM »
Do you give up Profar for him?

I think so. What's Lee got left? 4 years on his contract? That gives you a 4 year span with Darvish/Lee at the top of your rotation and Holland/Harrison also locked up for multiple years. Plus the bullpen which has been the strength of the team thus far has some really promising young talent( Robbie Ross, Tanner Scheppers, Martin Perez)

With that level of pitching you are going to be in the hunt pretty much every year. As I stated before I'm a big fan of Ian Kinsler, he's basically the heart of this team plus that power at second base is rare. And with Ian and Elvis Andrus locked up also for multiple years I say you trade Profar for either a starting pitcher or corner outfielder with good power. As much as I love Profar's upside I just don't think his value is with this team in the short term future.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #104 on: June 26, 2013, 04:07:21 AM »
I'm putting in the call right now....Cliff Lee is a Texas Ranger within 6 weeks.  8)

Number one priority for Texas is a top of the rotation starter to go with Darvish and Jon Daniels is a man who likes to make moves.

Including trading away Chris Davis unfortunately  :'( :-X >:(
i can see this happening, esp with paplebum losing trade value by the day. last night phils win brown hits numero 20 plus 4 rbis.kendrick the win 7-4.amaro is scrambling for his job. manuel will be let go soon. sandberg may finally get his chance.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #105 on: June 27, 2013, 06:38:35 AM »
phils win 2 in a row it took 13 innings but they got er done. hamels tossed up another stinker.good thing they decided to give him one of the biggest contracts for a pitcher ever where would they be w/o his 2-11 record. ::) ::) ::) ::)
F

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #106 on: June 27, 2013, 09:11:27 AM »
I'm surprised he's this bad.
Y

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: June 27, 2013, 02:21:26 PM »
Derek Holland pitches a 2 hit complete game shutout in New York.

That lefty is such an enigma at times. Capable of these gem performances then seemingly throws a stinker down the line to match.  :-\

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #108 on: June 27, 2013, 05:33:29 PM »
Derek Holland pitches a 2 hit complete game shutout in New York.

That lefty is such an enigma at times. Capable of these gem performances then seemingly throws a stinker down the line to match.  :-\

Most pitchers SHOULD dominate a lineup that contains Nix, Wells, Gonzalez, Almonte, Romine and Adams.   Just typing those names....ugh.
Y

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: June 27, 2013, 10:08:20 PM »
Most pitchers SHOULD dominate a lineup that contains Nix, Wells, Gonzalez, Almonte, Romine and Adams.   Just typing those names....ugh.

Haha true true. You would be hard pressed to find a starting position on another American League roster for ANY of those guys. Hell, you could almost throw ichiro in there as well at this stage of his career.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #110 on: June 28, 2013, 05:48:14 AM »
Haha true true. You would be hard pressed to find a starting position on another American League roster for ANY of those guys. Hell, you could almost throw ichiro in there as well at this stage of his career.

You're right about that.

They've done well with what they have, but if they don't get Granderson/Jeter/Arod back AND add a bat, they'll slip out it.

Although Pineda could be a big factor.
Y

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #111 on: June 28, 2013, 11:13:27 AM »
phils get tons of hits only 4 runs and lose, delmon young's 4 for 4 added up to zero. utley hr brown number 21. and bad news darren daulton brain tumors  will be operated on next week. sad. this makes the fifth phillie from that era  to have brain cancer, johnny oates, ken brett, tug mcgraw, john vukovich. :( :( :(
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #112 on: June 29, 2013, 06:58:41 AM »
phils get ton of hits and runs this time 16-1 over the hot dodgers. lannan the pitcher 3 for 4. howard warched his replacement go 2 for 4 with a homer. carlos zambrano may be done was in triple a. shoulder pain.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #113 on: July 02, 2013, 06:45:14 AM »
phils vs pirates for the battle of pennsylvania. pirates own the best record in baseball after 21 losing seasons[ below .500 winning pct for 21 seasons}rollins says don't worry wait till after the all-star break.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #114 on: July 05, 2013, 08:22:16 AM »
phils win 2 in a row it took 13 innings but they got er done. hamels tossed up another stinker.good thing they decided to give him one of the biggest contracts for a pitcher ever where would they be w/o his 2-11 record. ::) ::) ::) ::)
phils win the battle of pa 2 games to one hamels 3 and 11. max scherzer 13-0. adam dunn 23 homers hits his ninth walkoff homer. raul  41 years old ibanez hits his 21 in 64 games good rate for anyone.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #115 on: July 07, 2013, 06:18:39 AM »
phils lose 13-4 put the 25 million dollar man ryan howard on dl. daren ruf gets shot at first base after trying to learn of in minors all year. will probably be sellers this year.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #116 on: July 11, 2013, 12:32:35 PM »
jeetes is back 1 for 3 so far
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #117 on: July 18, 2013, 07:03:35 AM »
jeetes is back 1 for 3 so far
jeets is hurt oh well at least he got a hit in 2013.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #118 on: July 18, 2013, 07:05:26 AM »
state of the phillies at the all-star break= 48 and 48 a 500 record. last year team was with a late push 81-81, guess there just a mediocre team now.
F

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: July 18, 2013, 09:18:18 AM »
Just sitting here depressed watching Chris Davis hit an ungodly amount of home runs and wondering "who in the hell is this guy!?!?!!"

I watched this guy struggle OVER and OVER with the Rangers, then traded for a decent reliever and all of the sudden he is hitting like the second coming of Babe Ruth. That has got to be one of the all time worse trades in Texas Rangers history and there have been plenty of those!

How does anyone explain this? Anybody thinking PEDs or just a case of new scenery in Baltimore? This really is a pretty amazing story when looked at with a critical eye. What's he on pace for? High 60s in home runs for the season??

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #120 on: July 18, 2013, 09:19:28 AM »
Just sitting here depressed watching Chris Davis hit an ungodly amount of home runs and wondering "who in the hell is this guy!?!?!!"

I watched this guy struggle OVER and OVER with the Rangers, then traded for a decent reliever and all of the sudden he is hitting like the second coming of Babe Ruth. That has got to be one of the all time worse trades in Texas Rangers history and there have been plenty of those!

How does anyone explain this? Anybody thinking PEDs or just a case of new scenery in Baltimore. This really is a pretty amazing story when looked at with a critical eye. What's he on pace for? High 60s in home runs for the season??

He is on pace with the Mark McGwire season.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: July 18, 2013, 09:23:15 AM »
He is on pace with the Mark McGwire season.

I watched him daily. He was "that guy" who you were constantly pissed over the strikeouts and pop outs. ALWAYS being forced down to Triple A where he would light it up like a champ then come right back up and struggle. Over and over this cycle went for several years. What an amazing story. As someone who has followed his career so closely during the bad times it's almost surreal.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #122 on: July 18, 2013, 09:28:50 AM »
I watched him daily. He was "that guy" who you were constantly pissed over the strikeouts and pop outs. ALWAYS being forced down to Triple A where he would light it up like a champ then come right back up and struggle. Over and over this cycle went for several years. What an amazing story. As someone who has followed his career so closely during the bad times it's almost surreal.

Sometimes, after a few years in the majors, a light just turns on inside a ball player's head. Chris is seeing the ball so well and is a much more disciplined hitter. And I don't think Chris uses PED's. Just a corn-fed country strong white boy from Texas. Baltimore will have to break the bank to re-sign him and I hope he doesn't pull a bitch move and sign with the Yankees next year. He is line to make some serious $$$ after this season. AND he's also a good right fielder which adds to his versatility.

He's actually on pace for the TRUE home run record. Roger Maris' 61.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: July 18, 2013, 09:35:15 AM »
Sometimes, after a few years in the majors, a light just turns on inside a ball player's head. Chris is seeing the ball so well and is a much more disciplined hitter. And I don't think Chris uses PED's. Just a corn-fed country strong white boy from Texas. Baltimore will have to break the bank to re-sign him and I hope he doesn't pull a bitch move and sign with the Yankees next year. He is line to make some serious $$$ after this season. AND he's also a good right fielder which adds to his versatility.

He's actually on pace for the TRUE home run record. Roger Maris' 61.

Yeah you're right about the strong white boy part. Even during his worse struggles that guy used to KILL the ball in batting practice. Some say he just wanted it so bad with the rangers, growing up a couple hours down the road in Longview(I think) that it just messed with his mental aspect. I am truly happy for the dude though, by all accounts just a stand up individual. I just wish it was me at the ball park in Arlington watching all these jacks!!!  >:( :'(

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #124 on: July 18, 2013, 10:16:46 AM »

How does anyone explain this? Anybody thinking PEDs or just a case of new scenery in Baltimore? This really is a pretty amazing story when looked at with a critical eye. What's he on pace for? High 60s in home runs for the season??

Out of context years happen all the time.   Check out Chase Headley last year, or Ellsbury 2011.    Luck plays such a ridiculous factor in baseball, and sometimes the planets align for a season for some of these guys.
Y