Author Topic: MLB 2013  (Read 33600 times)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
Re: MLB 2013
« Reply #125 on: July 18, 2013, 10:42:54 AM »
Yeah you're right about the strong white boy part. Even during his worse struggles that guy used to KILL the ball in batting practice. Some say he just wanted it so bad with the rangers, growing up a couple hours down the road in Longview(I think) that it just messed with his mental aspect. I am truly happy for the dude though, by all accounts just a stand up individual. I just wish it was me at the ball park in Arlington watching all these jacks!!!  >:( :'(

He's making a lot panties get wet with the ladies around here in Baltimore. If you go to Orioles game these days in the summer, there are dozens of young ladies barring major cleavage and booty shorts in the stands screaming for him.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #126 on: July 18, 2013, 11:35:49 AM »
Mclouth/Weiters/Davis/Jones/Markakis/Machado/Hardy........

They should be all over Philly for Lee right now.
Y

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: July 18, 2013, 11:49:08 AM »

He's making a lot panties get wet with the ladies around here in Baltimore. If you go to Orioles game these days in the summer, there are dozens of young ladies barring major cleavage and booty shorts in the stands screaming for him.

I think it might be an East Texas Piney Woods thing. Lufkin, Longview, Houston,  :) He's from the same region as Adrian Peterson and Dez Bryant...a ton of freakish type athletes from that region plus chicks always dig the long ball. 8)

I think Chris just needs to stay right where he's at and keep that comfort level high and just roll with it. Don't even bother with the hometown pressures of Texas or that New York media. Dude needs to sign long term in Baltimore.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #128 on: July 18, 2013, 01:11:03 PM »
there's a whole host of guys who had one great season in a career, it's the consistancy that sets the stars apart davis had 33 homers last year so who knows maybe he'll be consistant from here on in. book called one shining season chronicles many of these stories off the top of my head i remember  lee thomas was one player  included in this  book.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #129 on: July 18, 2013, 01:15:48 PM »
on that topic look at roger maris's career one great year a couple good years and some average years. 28,  39, 61,33, 26, homer seasons 2 mvps, 275 hrs for career.
F

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: July 18, 2013, 01:50:34 PM »
This whole conversation is making me so fucking depressed.

Okay, poly quit bitching!  :D

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #131 on: July 19, 2013, 07:18:50 AM »
Mclouth/Weiters/Davis/Jones/Markakis/Machado/Hardy........

They should be all over Philly for Lee right now.

I hope they make a play for him. The birds need another arm besides adding Feldman for the stretch run. They could have a great rotation with Tillman, Lee, Feldman, and Gonzalez.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #132 on: July 26, 2013, 07:53:22 AM »
yankees acquire alfonso soriano from cubs. he's now a yankee again. ;D ;D ;D. phillies stunk it up in st louis now to detroit.
F

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #133 on: July 26, 2013, 11:30:33 AM »
yankees acquire alfonso soriano from cubs. he's now a yankee again. ;D ;D ;D. phillies stunk it up in st louis now to detroit.

Not thrilled with it, but it's definitely an upgrade over the dreck they're throwing out there, and he costs them basically nothing next year.

IF/IF Jeter/Arod/Granderson return soon, that lineup could be much better.

Yankees lost their starting 3B/SS/1B/CF/C for most of this year.  They should not even be in contention.
Y

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #134 on: July 28, 2013, 07:22:57 AM »
Not thrilled with it, but it's definitely an upgrade over the dreck they're throwing out there, and he costs them basically nothing next year.

IF/IF Jeter/Arod/Granderson return soon, that lineup could be much better.

Yankees lost their starting 3B/SS/1B/CF/C for most of this year.  They should not even be in contention.
true hard to believe they still got a shot. in phillytown phillies humiliated in detroit 10-0 yesterday scherzer now 15-1. phillies spend 48 million[deal coyld actually be worth more} for cuban  pitcher miquel gonzalez listed at age 26[?????????????},hard to believe they once spent 1.2 million in the uinternational market back in 2001 when guy pitcher didn't make the bigs scout who recommended him was fired and phillies stayed away from international talent.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #135 on: July 28, 2013, 12:56:52 PM »
jeets is back again 2 for 4 so far with a homer, soriano 2 for 3 with a homer. phils 12-3 loooooooooosing again at least they scored 3 runs  eigth inning.
F

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #136 on: July 29, 2013, 06:49:05 AM »
Just have the phils trade us Utley to play 3rd for the rest of the year.
Y

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #137 on: August 01, 2013, 06:16:18 AM »
Just have the phils trade us Utley to play 3rd for the rest of the year.
yanks made offers on michael young and carlos ruiz , amaro turned both down.
F

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #138 on: August 01, 2013, 06:42:14 AM »
yanks made offers on michael young and carlos ruiz , amaro turned both down.

Yup.  Yanks felt asking price was too high.  Oh well.
Y

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: August 01, 2013, 08:21:09 AM »
Texas Rangers sweep the Angels including 3 straight victories by walk off home run. Been a fun week to watch!

Texas has arguably the best pitching staff in the AL but the bats have got to warm up of they are gonna have a chance to make some noise this October. Should be getting Feliz, Harrison and Lewis back to bolster the rotation/bullpen within the next few weeks.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #140 on: August 01, 2013, 10:00:22 AM »
Texas Rangers sweep the Angels including 3 straight victories by walk off home run. Been a fun week to watch!

Texas has arguably the best pitching staff in the AL but the bats have got to warm up of they are gonna have a chance to make some noise this October. Should be getting Feliz, Harrison and Lewis back to bolster the rotation/bullpen within the next few weeks.

I like your stuff poly, but I don't think Texas hs the best staff in the AL. 

Without digging into the data, I'd put them behind  Tampa/Oakland/Detroit and NY.....maybe even others.
Y

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: August 01, 2013, 05:52:25 PM »
I like your stuff poly, but I don't think Texas hs the best staff in the AL. 

Without digging into the data, I'd put them behind  Tampa/Oakland/Detroit and NY.....maybe even others.

I feel the same way about yours on here as well  8)

Can't get too in depth in geek mode with stats and all that cause I'm typing on my phone but just to keep it basic I'll throw era numbers out there. I don't think I could have made the statement I did 2 weeks ago but with the addition of Garza who has been one of the hottest pitchers in baseball the last couple months plus a (for now) healthy Ogando I think I can.

AL leaders in ERA has The Rangers with 3 starting pitchers in the top 12 (Darvish, Garza, Holland). If you add Ogando's 3.05 era that's 4 starting pitchers in the top 13. No other team even comes close to matching that. I think a weak point with my argument is Ogando has to stay on the field and maintain that level of productivity. At the 5 spot there's Martin Perez, a 22 year old lefty with a ton of upside but will still shit the bed on ya so he could be a wash. Pitches a one run game into the 8th versus the angels last night then might implode the next.

Team relief pitching ERA has Texas ranked 4th currently. That's why I tend to downgrade Detroit overall because their bullpen is average to slightly below average. Detroit's starting rotation is probably the best rotation in the AL though. I think Oakland's bullpen is a slight notch above texas...maybe... but they can't match Texas starting rotation at this point. I'd love to hear arguments with TB and NYY though. Kuroda is a great pitcher but they drop off after that and TB's bullpen is pretty average. I don't necessarily think Texas is clearly the best pitching staff but I think it could be argued.

I really believe Darvish and Holland would both be close to 15 game winners at this point but Texas just flat out cannot hit the damn baseball and unless some miracle occurs between now and October they are going to crash and burn. I don't think anything is more frustrating as a fan than watching your team put together a top level pitching staff and STILL lose because of horrendous hitting. I think they just had a stretch where they went something like 24 straight innings without a run. Just terrible.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: August 01, 2013, 10:43:09 PM »
Yu Darvish pitches his 4th 14 strikeout game of the season. To put that into perspective only 2 other major league pitchers have had ONE game with 14 strikeouts...Chris Sale of the White Sox and Sanchez of the Tigers.

Heard another stat on the radio, Darvish has recorded at least 10 strikeouts in 16 of his first 50 games. Second most in the modern era (since 1900). Dwight gooden is first at 20.

Thankfully Yu has no known drug issues like the doc  :)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #143 on: August 02, 2013, 08:17:03 AM »
Yu Darvish pitches his 4th 14 strikeout game of the season. To put that into perspective only 2 other major league pitchers have had ONE game with 14 strikeouts...Chris Sale of the White Sox and Sanchez of the Tigers.

Heard another stat on the radio, Darvish has recorded at least 10 strikeouts in 16 of his first 50 games. Second most in the modern era (since 1900). Dwight gooden is first at 20.

Thankfully Yu has no known drug issues like the doc  :)

This .gif is one of the coolest - same arm angle 5 different pitches:

Y

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: August 02, 2013, 08:43:46 AM »

This .gif is one of the coolest - same arm angle 5 different pitches:

I worry about his pitch efficiency at times. It took him almost 115 to get through 7 innings last night and he regularly throws in the 110 to 120 range but from what I've heard he would throw around 130 pitches a game at times in Japan and it hasn't seemed to affect him so far.

I seen that gif before. Really cool. Yu is just a unique guy that is hard to compare with anyone else. Mound presence, variety of pitches and strikeout ability. Should be really fun to watch for years to come.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #145 on: August 02, 2013, 09:23:04 AM »
trade deadline was a big joke, practically no movement of note at all. gone are the days of jose canseco for ruben sierra was the start of mega deals.
F

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #146 on: August 02, 2013, 10:26:06 AM »
trade deadline was a big joke, practically no movement of note at all. gone are the days of jose canseco for ruben sierra was the start of mega deals.

That's the new reality, as teams aren't going to take on as many players who would leave at the end of the year for free agency, as they don't get draft picks any more.
Y

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #147 on: August 03, 2013, 11:15:49 AM »
emotional night at cbp  curt schilling got on the wall of fame, dutch daulton was in attendance surprisingly as he's  trying to combat brain cancer. as usual the phillies ruined the moment and lost 6-4 now in a tie for third with the dreadful mets.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #148 on: August 05, 2013, 07:51:47 AM »
phillies 2 wins 13 loses since the all-star break, welcome to the dark years. maybe they are trying to break the all-time record for consecutive loses, which is 23 by the woeful 1961 phillies.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #149 on: August 07, 2013, 07:43:49 AM »
phils actually won another game but they tried their darnedness not to= 9-5 lead in the ninth became 9-8 with runners on first and third all this with two outs, another stellar performance from jonathen paplebum. :'( :'( :'( :'(
F