Author Topic: Galeniko please grace us with your nutritional strategy  (Read 449648 times)

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
Re: Galeniko please grace us with your nutritional strategy
« Reply #1775 on: July 03, 2013, 11:45:36 AM »
hahahahaha @ that old ass leg pic

fyi, that pic is over 2 years old

fyi2, my legs like much better now thanks to the leg press and full barbell squats ;)

in that pic i was doing my shitty in home training, but now that i've joined a gym the difference in my results is like night and day 8)

you trying to say you can no longer get jeans to fit so you must wear bodybuilding pants( ie mc hammer)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #1776 on: July 03, 2013, 11:47:35 AM »

you trying to say you can no longer get jeans to fit so you must wear bodybuilding pants( ie mc hammer)

;D ;D ;D

but at least i got my prized pecs and lats back 8)

Seven Copper Coins

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1777 on: July 03, 2013, 11:53:39 AM »
;D ;D ;D

but at least i got my prized pecs and lats back 8)

Prized by who ?

For someone who can't crack 170 you sure talk a lot of shit about your physique.

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #1778 on: July 04, 2013, 01:54:36 AM »
I've trained legs 4 times a week arleady. Some poeple train legs every day. No problem whatsoever.

Of course you're gonna feel like shit and maybe that's not good way to go if you wanna have "beach physique" but if you wanna be crazy strong... You do what you gotta do ;)

http://www.averagebroz.com/ABG/Q_%26_A/Entries/2010/5/28_Central_nervous_system.html

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #1779 on: July 04, 2013, 01:59:53 AM »
haha what do you think of broz, deceiver?

do you think pat will ever make a real comeback ;D

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #1780 on: July 04, 2013, 02:10:26 AM »
haha what do you think of broz, deceiver?

do you think pat will ever make a real comeback ;D

This guy makes a lot of sense. That's the way chinese and bulgarians train. All the drugs BS apart, results speak for themselves.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #1781 on: July 04, 2013, 02:44:56 AM »
This guy makes a lot of sense. That's the way chinese and bulgarians train. All the drugs BS apart, results speak for themselves.

i agree, they do.  that said, i think all of his explanations are pretty much bullshit.  the training is quite simple, actually...  and i think it goes a long ways to expose how "scientific" these sports really are.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #1782 on: July 04, 2013, 05:37:09 AM »
Some of no one's meltdowns in this thread are the icing on the cake for me, in respect to the legitimacy of this 'book'.

This is a clear scam if ever I saw one, so don't be surprised if these two posters leave the forum as soon as a couple of grand is received.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #1783 on: July 04, 2013, 05:44:09 AM »
Its not the same. The guy got a little attention after doing an online blog with the bodyopus diet by Dan Duchaine. He's since written a few books himself, one with an extremely complicated/rigid diet called ultimate diet. He's a huge geek so a lot of his ideas are based on research studies and he talks about a few things into great detail such as a need for refeeds and setting calories at maintenance for a couple weeks after dieting to reset hormones.

Pretty much his diets are low cal, low carb with carb ups that's the only similarity.

He has a lot of good material on his site but in real life people have gotten results by doing things completely differently than he recommends. This dissonance he usually dismisses via the drug or genetics argument (which definately are two huge factors). Specially in regards to training things are not nearly as cut-and-dried as he thinks.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #1784 on: July 04, 2013, 05:56:31 AM »
legs respond to higher rep/heavy but controlled weight/squeeze /flex between sets ,flexing brings in separation.heavy days squats 6/8 reps are good around the lighter pump workouts.

Legs respond to actually training them....which many people actually don't do. They either don't train legs at all or do so completely wrong (and this goes for many experienced lifters too).

It all starts at the knee. Good morning squats and leg presses with feet high on the foot plate will build shit legs for most people. You need to start the movement by bending the knees. 400-500lbs good morning squats don't guarantee anything other than possibly a big ass and lower back pain.

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #1785 on: July 04, 2013, 06:20:43 AM »
this is a very smart post.

theresmany ppl with "impressive" weights used, but if you look at what counts, the knee movement youve mentioned, it becomes a total joke.

just doinng 30 sets of quad curls would be better than those goodmorning squats.

theres many ppl who ,if they go all the way down,ass to ground, cant get up whit 1 bar each side without moving their backs or knee trembling.

similiar thing with incline bench press, etc etc.

only machine shoulder press is fool proof exercise more or less,end even there you see ppl doing things wrong.

its sad when you see pll going to gym for years and they havent figured out the difference of activating the muscle vs swinging stuff around with al load going on the joints.

and they think they train"hrad" bc they lift "impressive" weight.

Knee safety is the biggest issue.... I see younger guys lift heavy with no wraps, did the same back in the day, now paying for it.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #1786 on: July 04, 2013, 06:29:20 AM »
Knee safety is the biggest issue.... I see younger guys lift heavy with no wraps, did the same back in the day, now paying for it.

Knee wraps are shit and of no use for a bodybuilder. If you have to use knee wraps you are lifting too heavy. And if wrapped tightly they will fuck your knees and tendons instead.  Knee warmers are ok tho.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #1787 on: July 04, 2013, 07:01:31 AM »
And in regards to dieting, I also prefer aggressive dieting these days. I don't have the patience to diet for long periods of time. I would rather get it done in a few weeks time. Never more than 6 weeks. If you need much more time than that you are too fat to be a bodybuilder.

But I also refuse to do the boring dry chicken and rice type of diets. What I have learnt through the years is the importance of eating food that you actually like. So even on low calories I make sure that the food actually tastes good.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #1788 on: July 04, 2013, 07:04:24 AM »
And in regards to dieting, I also prefer aggressive dieting these days. I don't have the patience to diet for long periods of time. I would rather get it done in a few weeks time. Never more than 6 weeks. If you need much more time than that you are too fat to be a bodybuilder.

But I also refuse to do the boring dry chicken and rice type of diets. What I have learnt through the years is the importance of eating food that you actually like. So even on low calories I make sure that the food actually tastes good.

have you posted a pic
T

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #1789 on: July 04, 2013, 08:29:01 AM »
yeah 6 weeks is even on normal diet something like 12lbs of pure fat, with that ill come say 8 lbs water.no need to be 20lbs over good shape.

as for the diets, i find the rice to be cause of so many of the problems.

everybody wants get through diet asap, everyone hates it,including me, although i feel quite good on it.

yes- rice. bodybuilding diet staple in theory worse thing in the world for you in practice.

so much broscience getting killed here.
b

ukjeff

« Reply #1790 on: July 04, 2013, 08:46:11 AM »
yes- rice. bodybuilding diet staple in theory worse thing in the world for you in practice.

so much broscience getting killed here.
ironic.

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"

ukjeff

« Reply #1792 on: July 04, 2013, 09:13:25 AM »
Lol exactly, there is not one shred of scientific data to back anything at all in this thread, not one line of data or link to a source.

Its basically "It works for us so thats that"

Broscience defined.

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #1793 on: July 04, 2013, 09:16:12 AM »
Lol exactly, there is not one shred of scientific data to back anything at all in this thread, not one line of data or link to a source.

Broscience defined.

That's why I lol'ed

ukjeff

« Reply #1794 on: July 04, 2013, 09:21:34 AM »
I have really no idea why the book has to even exist at all.

An A4 piece of paper with a diet written out would have done.

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #1795 on: July 04, 2013, 09:35:31 AM »
I'll spend the $20 just because....for Gawds sake it's $20....if it helps them and gets them a published work so much the better. The pure reading enjoyment of this thread is worth it.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #1796 on: July 04, 2013, 09:37:14 AM »
Galeniko is starting to get that creepy Gh15 vibe.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #1797 on: July 04, 2013, 10:27:05 AM »

100% agreed.
b

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #1798 on: July 04, 2013, 10:33:30 AM »
I have really no idea why the book has to even exist at all.

An A4 piece of paper with a diet written out would have done.

gal would have been better writing a story about his life that shit would be awesome

no one seems to be on some sort of moral crusade

maybe he has found god in the shape of dollar bills  ???
T

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #1799 on: July 04, 2013, 11:42:39 AM »
Big lou getting behind no one and gal

could be a best seller  8)
T