Author Topic: Galeniko please grace us with your nutritional strategy  (Read 450725 times)

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
Re: Galeniko please grace us with your nutritional strategy
« Reply #1975 on: July 08, 2013, 03:56:57 AM »
In slight defense for no one,

anybody can have a period of looking like shit. doesn't mean they don't know their stuff.

also, a lot can be learned in 5 years. A lot from research, and a lot from trial and error. I myself learned tons in the past 5 years, but I'm getting to the point where there isn't much else to be learned anymore in terms of bodybuilding for my own personal goals.

digging up a picture of someone from 5 years ago when they looked like a fat slob doesn't really mean anything. a lot can happen in 5 years

also, some of the best bodybuilding gurus never had much success themselves, but can coach in a way that leads others to success. (although this doesn't really apply to no one, i've seen him shredded in the pic he was at the beach with his dog, and also that recent mirror pic)

Mike arnold for example, doesn't have the best physique, actually looks pretty bad but he is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to drugs and AAS.

this pastime can be an evolutionary process should you chose it to be so. every time you better yourself thru knowledge and understanding it shows in your physique.

its no shock to me i look nothing now like i did even two years ago. my type of drugs are the same, but oddly the amounts have decreased. i lift less weight not more. so whats changed? my knowledge, and its application.

imo learning, knowledge and application are the major keys to combatting stagnation and will lead to breakthrus in plateaus. not 'more drugs'. knowledge. application.

i also think if one is going to dispense advise they should look the part. all the science in the world isnt going to make you look great, or else lyle macdonald would be a stud. mike arnold would be a stud. what works in science and what works in real life are often tow very different things.

you can have science bro. i'll take experience any day of the week over it.

thanks for posting this. not cause you off handedly supported me, but because it'll show people the more they learn, and the more they apply that knowledge the better they become- in all aspects of life.

b

ukjeff

« Reply #1976 on: July 08, 2013, 04:34:27 AM »
just shut the fuck up dude. its that simple. there are people here who actively care about bettering themselves and are wanting to learn how so keep your fucking mouth shut in this thread from now on until you have something of value to ad, or something resourceful to say.

Carbs are very important in any bodybuilders diet, they act as "protein sparers" to allow your body to better utilise the protein you take in, without carbs your body will breakdown the protein and use it for energy as opposed to building and repairing muscle tissue.

I thank you.   ;)

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #1977 on: July 08, 2013, 07:54:05 AM »
Carbs are very important in any bodybuilders diet, they act as "protein sparers" to allow your body to better utilise the protein you take in, without carbs your body will breakdown the protein and use it for energy as opposed to building and repairing muscle tissue.

I thank you.   ;)

we are finding thru application and experience that this statement just simply is not true.

youd do well to try this system and see what we are talking about instead of blindly arguing your stance from an incomplete position which contains zero experience with the model at hand.

have you tried it our way? no, you haven't. have we tried it yours? yes, we have. I too blindly believed the same incomplete, misleading and lacking ideologies. in fact one look at your 'glory years' photo should be proof enough that what you did when dieting was completely ineffective. NOBODY who uses anabolics should look so flat and uninspiring when dieted down.

feel free to live in ignorance with your archaic methods. just don't try to sell others the same bullshit on my dime, sunshine. some people want to learn and better themselves here. your not one of them.

you came here strictly to troll. please find attached a screenshot of a post you made this am in another thread which attests to the fact.

what kind of 48 year old man even has the time to do such things, let alone admit to them? the fuck is wrong with you? YOU'RE 48 YEARS OLD. GROW THE FUCK UP.

your done here, stooge.

no need to thank me. ;)
b

Rammstein

• Getbig III
« Reply #1978 on: July 08, 2013, 09:15:38 AM »
Enlightening (see red marked part)?

A bit of everything
by Greg Nuckols

This wasn’t an overly high-volume week of training.  I’m getting married in 12 days, so most of my time has been consumed with wedding stuff.  However, I did manage to hit two PRs this week.  I pulled a 625 snatch grip deadlift and I hit a 237 strict overhead press.  I’m still doing a minimum of 100 bodyweight squats a day, which still consistently wears me out.

I hit a new low for bodyweight a couple days ago at 234.  When I get to 231, I’ll be at the 20 pounds weight-loss mark (251 was the highest I got before the meet).  Not bad work for about 9 weeks of dieting while still hitting PRs!

The biggest difference between this cut and ones in the past was that I had a definite, moderate plan.

Usually my successful cuts are a bit more extreme.  The only diets I’ve really had much luck with in the past are PSMF-esque diets (not strict PSMF, but no carb and fat probably 60g a day or so) or cyclical keto diets.  They strip the fat right off of me, but my energy levels are horrible, and I’m borderline homicidal until I get into ketosis (i.e. for a cyclica keto diet, if my refeed was Saturday, I’d been foggy and irritable until probably Tuesday.  Low carb fog does not make Mondays any more fun).  My workouts are a combination of decent days and horrible days (occasionally I’ll be strong, but I can never handle much volume), and I’ll lose some muscle.  I don’t worry about the muscle loss much because of good ol’ myonuclear domain theory (more on that later).

More moderate cuts I’ve attempted haven’t worked because I didn’t have a definite plan.  With cyclical keto or PSMF, you know exactly what you can or can’t eat every day.  When I tried more gradual approaches, I never had a solid plan.  It was basically just the idea that I’d eat a little less to get the weight loss started, and eat less from there as needed.  I’d always fall off the horse somewhere and fail because I could never get myself to actually make a plan (with measuring my food and whatnot) and stick to it.

This time around is different because I have a definite approach.  I’ve already blogged about it, so I won’t go into a ton of detail, but simply scheduling a refeed at every 1-2 pounds lost has been great for me.  It lets me be as extreme as I need to be to lose that pound or two, while still allowing me to get in some good training because the refeeds happen regularly enough.  Additionally, if I want to take my time between a 1-2 pound increment and use a more moderate approach, I can manage a pound or two of weight loss before falling off the horse.

Nothing revolutionary, but I just wanted to reiterate this approach because it’s working so well for me.

Now as to why I don’t worry about losing muscle while dieting…

For starters, I’m not a bodybuilder.  At the end of my diet, I don’t need to be as big as possible.  I just want to lose as much fat as possible.  “But Greg,” I hear you crying, “you may work a year to gain 3-5 pounds of muscle.  Isn’t it so horrible to throw it all away?”  Nope, not really.  Google “myonuclear domain theory” for a more in depth explanation, but here’s a brief synopsis of why losing some muscle while you’re dieting doesn’t really matter (unless you’re prepping for a bodybuilding show, of course).

Your muscles are composed of muscle fibers.  Each fiber is a single cell.  These cells have multiple nuclei (not just one like most cells of your body).  Each myonucleus (nucleus of a muscle fiber) can only support a specific amount of sarcoplasm (the stuff inside a muscle fiber) via coding for the necessary proteins etc.  To make a muscle bigger, satellite cells (cells floating around your muscle fibers) donate their nucleus to the muscle fiber.  That extra nucleus can support a bit of extra sarcoplasm.  Congratulations, your muscle just grew.

When you gain muscle mass, you are gaining myonuclei for your muscle fibers to support the extra sarcoplasm in each fiber.  When you restrict calories and lose muscle, the amount of myonuclei basically remains constant (unless you’re essentially under famine conditions).  You can catabolize fibers themselves if you literally starve yourself, but otherwise you don’t really lose myonuclei.

This makes sense, really.  You DID work hard for that extra muscle mass.  Your body doesn’t want to throw it away and have to work just as hard to get it back (i.e. what would have happened every winter until about 50 years ago).

Have you ever trained for a few years, taken time off, then got back in the gym and got most of your old gains (muscle and strength) back in a matter of months?  No, it’s not because you worked THAT hard and you’re THAT smart.  It’s because you still have the vast majority of the myonuclei you gained from when you were training previously.

Also, you know that guy who used to be on a ton of juice, then he came off, but he’s still huge?  Yep, he still has most of the myonuclei that fused onto his muscle fibers when he was on the sauce.

Anyway, to bring it back around, it doesn’t matter a ton if you lose a few pounds of muscle when you’re dieting.  It’s only temporary.  Once you bring your calories back up to maintenance again, that muscle will come right back in a hurry.  You don’t have to “earn” it all over again.  That being said, you don’t want to lose a ton of muscle because lean mass is the main predictor if metabolic rate, but if you lose some, it’s not something freak out about.  Additionally, the fear of losing lean mass is DEFINITELY not a reason to put off dieting if you have a lot of fat you need to lose.

http://gregnuckols.com/2013/07/08/a-bit-of-everything/

Dominic

• Getbig II
« Reply #1979 on: July 08, 2013, 11:19:06 AM »
Noone,

When u talk about having a maintenance meal every forth day,
How do i know/count my maintenance calories? And wouldnt that change overtime if i have been dieting
for some time?

ukjeff

« Reply #1980 on: July 08, 2013, 11:42:35 AM »
have you tried it our way? no, you haven't.
I have tried low carb diets , they don't agree with me, I get hypoglycaemic, it has been suggested that I may have issues with blood sugar but I don't know.
feel free to live in ignorance with your archaic methods. just don't try to sell others the same bullshit on my dime, sunshine. some people want to learn and better themselves here. your not one of them.
All you are doing is telling people what you believe to be right at the moment, two years ago you thought carbs were important, in another two years it may be something else.
Youre right, this diet will work if you stick to it, as will any other diet retricting calories.
Stop being so defensive and aggressive when someone posts a contrary opinion, its just their opinion, just like this diet is your and gals opinion.
Yes, its your opinion based on the fact it works for you, I dieted on around 60% carbs and still lost weight, I do now, it works for me.

And if bashing my physique works for you go for it, other people here have seen my pictures and disagree with your opinion, Im sorry I couldnt come up to your lofty expectations.

You don't need to attach screenshots, I wont be deleting posts, oh and posting PMs on an open board is a little low as well, not many would stoop that low to prove a point.
I did send you the pm didn't I?  ;)

Its called trolling  ;D

Dominic

• Getbig II
« Reply #1981 on: July 08, 2013, 12:04:58 PM »
you just asume 2500-3000 calories.

thats on the safe side.

yes it does change overtime.
if you get to 5% or even less, things change alot.

down to 10%, maintenance meal isnt even necesary,its rather to hold through mentaly and to have something to look forward, then 10-6% theyre kinda needed, after that, theyre absolutely needed.
see it this way at your leanest that meals is kinda like new onset to get even lower in bodyfat.

Thanks for the reply gal. Another question, since we are all different and the frequency of those meals
might differ for each individual sub 6%, what are the physical signs to have that meal? I can withstand
all the hunger pains and can really push myself but about a week back i had a massive crash to my body,
I could hardly feel a pump regardless how hard i squeeze and i was like a walking zombie. I reckon i was
Pushing it too far?

Some of us have the more is better mentality whereby in this case the longer i can withstand not having
that meal the better. Also i was kinda chasing the weight scale, i got stucked at a certain body weight and
It just wont go down any further. Was already consuming about 800cals, weight training 6-7times a week and was doing cardio. Lol

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #1982 on: July 08, 2013, 12:26:36 PM »
You ever think of entering a show? 

that sounds like you were at the right point of big meal, that describes quite precisely the feeling.

however, you could have tried to take one day off the gym and just slightly increase calsm by adding 500shit calries that day, this helps at times, but sometimes it doesnt and then its tie for new,lets call it onset.
the big meal makes everything come to a halt, but best to be seen as new onset.helps mentaly.
sometimes a day off is required, sometimes the meal is required, sometimes,its both, must play around and find for yourself.

as for the bodyweight, i dont ever even weigh myself.

i do all forthnight mayhbe out of curiousity, but its too rsndom to even bother.sometimes i "seemingly" hold water for kinda no reason, ofc thisd show on the scale, it certainly shows in the mirror haha, but i dont care and just carry on.

in the 5%s 1 weekly could be a bit too little btw.
the good thing, with no competiton deadline, one can play around and even drawbacks dont matter, no need to panic about a single thing.

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1983 on: July 08, 2013, 12:31:29 PM »
ukjeff, what is your current dosage per week?

all drugs - TPPIIP

ukjeff

« Reply #1984 on: July 08, 2013, 01:23:15 PM »
ukjeff, what is your current dosage per week?

I don't discuss anything in relation to personal steroid usage/non usage.
It just causes circular arguments.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #1985 on: July 08, 2013, 01:37:26 PM »

I thank you.   ;)

What if I eat a few nuts and some vegetables will that be a "protein sparer"? 

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #1986 on: July 08, 2013, 01:38:32 PM »
I don't discuss anything in relation to personal steroid usage/non usage.
It just causes circular arguments.

you said you were clean and took nothing now

for personal reasons
T

AVBG

« Reply #1987 on: July 08, 2013, 01:49:01 PM »
maybe that kind in shorts.

;D

some pro in the gym told me i should, bc they dont care about legs there :D

my legs are ok, by no means small, but not enough to go heavyweight, and due to my tallness, id have to enter heavyweight andlook like broomstick compared to the other guys haha.

my rolemodelbbuilder entered the olympia once and he reported that kevin levrone couldnt help but laugh at him and making this arogant tone"pfffft"
 ;D
i wouldnt do that to myself.

im good 20-30lbs of pure muscle away from getting onstage in heavies without looking like idiot up there.that or couple coumpounds and gh and whatnot.

Have you posted pics of your legs? In the pics I've seen, you look proportioned  8)

ukjeff

« Reply #1988 on: July 08, 2013, 01:51:16 PM »
you said you were clean and took nothing now

for personal reasons
PM sent

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #1989 on: July 08, 2013, 02:33:42 PM »
Weirdest thing this diet. After weeks of starving, if you up your protein to 1.5-2x bodyweight and increase calories slightly you will start gaining muscle mass rapidly. Don't worry about strength loss btw which you will encounter the first week or two. I tested some of my strength benchmarks recently even though I was not carbed up at all. My strength numbers either stayed the same or went up slightly. I believe when lifting in caloris deficit, as long as you decrease the weight but keep the volume the same the strength level should remain the same if you decide to test it every two weeks or so. Obviously a high caloric deficit diet you will have to decrease the weights lifted anyways, you will not have a choice during the first week or two while your body adapts.

I had steaks on Thursday and Friday. Besides that very clean, vegies and chicken, boiled eggs. My biggest diet cheat so far has been peanut butter. Peanut butter tastes amazing when you are starving everyday. I also more chicken then usual because I upped my lifting amount as well as my "protein dough".  I feel leaner and less bf to visual inspection but weight has gone up, along with water weight obviously.

Way too much protein, need to take a shit bad.

VEY TRUE. Five years ago I didn;t even know bout squats or deads and my primary leg workout was running.

Bydt ostorojen ne podarvi zdarovye

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #1990 on: July 08, 2013, 04:32:54 PM »
What if I eat a few nuts and some vegetables will that be a "protein sparer"? 

lol exactly. this guy is such a fucking tool dude. biggest joke on this site.

thinks he's so clever, meanwhile all he does is further prove his ignorance everytime he opens his mouth. f he was as intelligent as he'd like to 'believe' he is he'd look at that post with his antiquated 80's way of thinking and maybe he'd come to the conclusion that, hey wait a minute, maybe my whole approach is wrong. maybe it's the whole fucking system that's wrong instead of thd small piece he's laying the blame on- oh I NEED carbs- why the FUCK do you need carbs? what are you DOING that's causing your body to react like this? maybe it's not the carbs you need but something else you need to change.

the guy is almost too stupid to be for real.

carbs are protein sparing he says hahahaha what a fucking clown. what are you doing wrong that causes your body to not utilize it's protein efficiently. hmm. I dunno. but I'll just add MORE carbs and MORE calories and that should fix it. :D

holy fuck what a retard.

I'd like to thank 'ukbeth' for being such a great example of what not to do, and why traditional approaches like his to dieting are inefficient and ineffective and in that scope, actually assisting us in selling even more books. lol fuck that's gotta burn eh, sparky? :D

b

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #1991 on: July 08, 2013, 04:49:26 PM »
Make sure you guys place the disclaimer of high protein diet and kidney disease....that's a big no no for those folks. And with steroids being a huge factor in BB kidney issues are abound.

Seven Copper Coins

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1992 on: July 08, 2013, 05:00:44 PM »
Make sure you guys place the disclaimer of high protein diet and kidney disease....that's a big no no for those folks. And with steroids being a huge factor in BB kidney issues are abound.

A good indicator of kidney health is urine color and stream, also water retention for no reason.

Not that anyone should play doctor and assume they are "fine"..but if your piss is clear, or clear-ish, and not very cloudy and orange-tinged.... And you have a good normal piss frequency , your kidneys are more than likely alright.
I

I got hit with a kidney infection about a decade ago, and you fucking know it when something is up with your kidneys. I was pissing orange and in agony within 2 days and flew to the ER when i woke up the second day and shit wasn't any better.

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #1993 on: July 08, 2013, 05:03:27 PM »

this diet is written expressly for entertainment purposes only and one should always contact their health care provider before setting out on a course of exercise and weight loss.

cheers.
b

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1994 on: July 08, 2013, 07:30:10 PM »

this diet is written expressly for entertainment purposes only and one should always contact their health care provider before setting out on a course of exercise and weight loss.

cheers.
:D,,way to cover your ass ,,like a jug of cell-tech if you are diabetic,breast feeding,expectant mother,lactating from man boobs please consult your physician...

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #1995 on: July 08, 2013, 07:39:09 PM »

I thank you.   ;)

he never mentioned that this diet is for a bber on hgh and insulin. read the bold at the bottom, perhaps what no one is "onto" might be accurate.

Low-carb protein diet causes muscles to grow without training
If you go over from a standard Western diet to a low-carb protein diet your muscles grow. Sports scientists at the University of Michigan discovered this when they did an experiment with 8 young men and women. And interestingly, the subjects did no weight training.

Insulin, textbooks continue to tell us, is an important anabolic hormone. Because your insulin level rises if you eat carbohydrates – the insulin level reacts less to glucose fed intravenously – scientists believed until recently that a low-carb diet reduces muscle mass. Empirical evidence and studies by anthropologists and archaeologists, however, indicate that the reverse is true.

That’s why these researchers decided to do an experiment in which 4 men and an equal number of women, average age 29, exchanged their standard diet for a low-carb protein diet for a week. The figures: the subjects’ diet before starting consisted of 60 percent carbs, 30 percent fat and 10 percent protein [Before diet]. They replaced this with a diet consisting of 35 percent protein, 60 percent fat and only 5 percent carbohydrates.

The figure below shows that the diet caused a drastic lowering of the subjects’ insulin level. You’ll notice how the insulin level peaked after the 3 main meals in the ‘Before diet’, but that on the low-carb protein diet the peaks have almost disappeared.

The manufacture of growth hormone decreased but the decline was not statistically significant. The same is true for the concentration of IGF-1 in the bloodstream. Most of the IGF-1 found in the bloodstream comes from the liver cutting up growth hormone into smaller pieces.

You’d expect muscle mass to decline, but this didn’t happen. The researchers extracted cells from the vastus lateralis leg muscle and recorded the muscle tissue growth. This actually increased after the subjects went over to the low-carb diet.

The protein diet had increased the activity of anabolic signal molecules in the muscle cells. The most noticeable effect was that the muscle cells started to produce more IGF-1. This is different IGF-1 to that found in the bloodstream.

Ok, but insulin is an anabolic hormone. But the increased activity of anabolic mechanisms in the muscle cells as a result of a low-carb protein diet outweighs the disappearance of insulin. "Increasing dietary protein content during a carbohydrate restricted diet may be important for preventing or attenuating a net loss of body protein", the researchers conclude.
l

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
« Reply #1996 on: July 08, 2013, 07:42:22 PM »
SCIENCE BOMB DROPPED,,,,,,SHUT DOWN SON

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #1997 on: July 08, 2013, 08:53:40 PM »
i had a friend come up to me in the gym today who i gave the system to to try and he looks at me and says 'this is ridiculous. its doing exactly what you said it would. i cant believe it.'

he couldnt believe it cause hes an experienced competitor and from everything he knows, its not 'supposed' to work. in fact when i first broke it down for him he was looking at me like i had three heads. i had to keep repeating 'you just have to trust me bro'. lol

so, im glad to see your results are the same as what everyone is experiencing. its working the same way for everyone. natural. enhanced. competitive. recreational. its not even a question in our minds to put our integrity behind this diet.

we want to hear these updates. not just the positive ones but even if there are negative ones. cause then we can help that person figure out where in the system they have gone wrong, and then someone else reading it will maybe see it and think ' oh ya, thats happening to me too. i'll try that'.

question: when do you train in the am or night time after work?

after work, generally between 7-9 pm.

another thing i forgot to mention, my blood pressure has been great the last two times i measured it... 113/78, pulse 59 bpm and 122/70, pulse 50 bpm.  not sure if this diet has anything to do with it, but hypertension runs in my family and i usually register about 140/80.  i also stopped running entirely and just burn 500 kcal (allegedly) on the ergometer 2-3 times a week.  it's a lot easier on my joints.

dustin

« Reply #1998 on: July 08, 2013, 08:53:56 PM »
he never mentioned that this diet is for a bber on hgh and insulin. read the bold at the bottom, perhaps what no one is "onto" might be accurate.

Low-carb protein diet causes muscles to grow without training
If you go over from a standard Western diet to a low-carb protein diet your muscles grow. Sports scientists at the University of Michigan discovered this when they did an experiment with 8 young men and women. And interestingly, the subjects did no weight training.

Insulin, textbooks continue to tell us, is an important anabolic hormone. Because your insulin level rises if you eat carbohydrates – the insulin level reacts less to glucose fed intravenously – scientists believed until recently that a low-carb diet reduces muscle mass. Empirical evidence and studies by anthropologists and archaeologists, however, indicate that the reverse is true.

That’s why these researchers decided to do an experiment in which 4 men and an equal number of women, average age 29, exchanged their standard diet for a low-carb protein diet for a week. The figures: the subjects’ diet before starting consisted of 60 percent carbs, 30 percent fat and 10 percent protein [Before diet]. They replaced this with a diet consisting of 35 percent protein, 60 percent fat and only 5 percent carbohydrates.

The figure below shows that the diet caused a drastic lowering of the subjects’ insulin level. You’ll notice how the insulin level peaked after the 3 main meals in the ‘Before diet’, but that on the low-carb protein diet the peaks have almost disappeared.

The manufacture of growth hormone decreased but the decline was not statistically significant. The same is true for the concentration of IGF-1 in the bloodstream. Most of the IGF-1 found in the bloodstream comes from the liver cutting up growth hormone into smaller pieces.

You’d expect muscle mass to decline, but this didn’t happen. The researchers extracted cells from the vastus lateralis leg muscle and recorded the muscle tissue growth. This actually increased after the subjects went over to the low-carb diet.

The protein diet had increased the activity of anabolic signal molecules in the muscle cells. The most noticeable effect was that the muscle cells started to produce more IGF-1. This is different IGF-1 to that found in the bloodstream.

Ok, but insulin is an anabolic hormone. But the increased activity of anabolic mechanisms in the muscle cells as a result of a low-carb protein diet outweighs the disappearance of insulin. "Increasing dietary protein content during a carbohydrate restricted diet may be important for preventing or attenuating a net loss of body protein", the researchers conclude.

Chronically elevated insulin is in no way helpful. Sugar in the blood stream is toxic. It suppresses GH production.

Stop elevated blood insulin and glucose concentrations, up GH secretion or at least stop suppressing.

ukjeff

« Reply #1999 on: July 08, 2013, 10:36:53 PM »
Didn't Onetimehard first suggest this diet, or something very similar about 6 months ago?