Author Topic: Job offer in South Afrika  (Read 6954 times)

Figo

• Getbig V
Re: Job offer in South Afrika
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2013, 08:25:03 AM »
as long as you dont end up on the Pistorius compound.

Lol

Areas-wise, for example, I'm in Cape Town, I've stayed in Sea point, which is cosmopolitan, near the sea, tourist friendly, expensive overall compared to rest of province, not as expensive as Camps Bay or Clifton, but in relation to country, higher propertyy prices, fairly safe, but there are car break-ins, etc, but not home invasions or hectic shit
I also lived in outskirt of town in the northern suburbs, there its predominantly Afrikaner middle to upper middle class, you can still walk around the mall and not see black people sometimes, very racist still, and interracial couples are a no-no, whereas in the City of Cape Town itself, its "normal". In the northern suburbs if an afrikaner youngster brings home a dark skinned gf or bf, its worse than saying they're gay or they're dealing crack in church to 5 year olds and sodomizing nuns.

In Cape Town itself which is where I stay now, the rent for a nice 2 bedroom apartment can get you a 3/4 bedroom house with pool and garage, garden in Northern suburbs. For biz purposes I need large central premises, cost me a fortune. Town still has old victorian homes, lots of old dutch influence, loads of tourists, everything walking distance

The southern suburbs are mainly old english money, or students and english middle class historically, since new south africa, also very coloured

Low income blacks and coloureds reside in "locations" and "coloured areas" bit far out, shacks, pre-fab housing and low cost construction, semi paved roads

Low income whites fall somewhere in between, usually run down housing  around commercial and industrial areas. Foreign blacks same thing

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2013, 08:34:04 AM »
I'm from Bloemfontein. Turning 22 this year.

Being from Bloem explains your racial sentiment, we've all had to adapt

I came to SA as a kid and went to school in JHB during apartheid, before racial integration.
Things have changed a lot, not really for the best for us

I grew up in jhb, and also spent some time in boksburg, so I was used to those ways (as you know boksburg was the last place to take down "whites only" signs)

No problem with racial integration, it is africa, but all the foreign africans get on my poes, I don't need 10 car guards, 5 parking marshalls, and 3 bergies speaking to me in west african accents asking for money just to go to shop

Wish they'd tighten up borders

animal1991

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2013, 08:37:17 AM »
Being from Bloem explains your racial sentiment, we've all had to adapt

I came to SA as a kid and went to school in JHB during apartheid, before racial integration.
Things have changed a lot, not really for the best for us

I grew up in jhb, and also spent some time in boksburg, so I was used to those ways (as you know boksburg was the last place to take down "whites only" signs)

No problem with racial integration, it is africa, but all the foreign africans get on my poes, I don't need 10 car guards, 5 parking marshalls, and 3 bergies speaking to me in west african accents asking for money just to go to shop

Wish they'd tighten up borders
I used to accept them when I was younger but the older I get and the more I get to do with them the more I dislike them.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2013, 08:37:43 AM »
Based on what I heard about Jo'burg - $2k a day.

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2013, 08:50:33 AM »
I saw a job offer in South Africa; ICT helpdesk function at IBM in Johannesburg. Based on the requirements I'm qualified for the job, but the salary seems bad, about 1700 EUR / +2200 USD  :-\ , not sure how this salary relates to SA standards.
I understand that SA has high crime rates (I'm a Dutch whitey  ;D), but it would be a nice chance to develop more international experience :)
Any experiences, thoughts, suggestions, etc?

have you been offered the job?
c

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2013, 09:30:20 AM »
sept 10th APF

Schmoff

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2013, 09:36:34 AM »
depends , if they provide living in safe area for you,why not.

id prefer china

true

if you are white, go to aisan countries like china, japan, south korea, or thailand, you will be treated like god there

and living over there is much cheaper compared to western world

and pussies will flush themselves to your cock

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2013, 09:39:33 AM »
I saw a job offer in South Africa; ICT helpdesk function at IBM in Johannesburg. Based on the requirements I'm qualified for the job, but the salary seems bad, about 1700 EUR / +2200 USD  :-\ , not sure how this salary relates to SA standards.
I understand that SA has high crime rates (I'm a Dutch whitey  ;D), but it would be a nice chance to develop more international experience :)
Any experiences, thoughts, suggestions, etc?
I used to work for IBM they suck as a employee relationship worst company I have ever worked for, so try it you want but they layoff often, kinda like "rolling the dice" if you go with them.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2013, 09:44:53 AM »
have you been offered the job?

A vacancy, not literal a job offer

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2013, 09:51:55 AM »
I am South African as well.
It all depends where you stay.
Like any country there are shitty areas and good areas.
Same with the crime depends on the area your in.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2013, 09:54:03 AM »
I used to work for IBM they suck as a employee relationship worst company I have ever worked for, so try it you want but they layoff often, kinda like "rolling the dice" if you go with them.

Thanks for the warning. I'm actually not that surprised; there are good explanations why companies became large ones. I've learned that promises aren't contracts  ;)

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2013, 09:56:38 AM »
Lol

Areas-wise, for example, I'm in Cape Town, I've stayed in Sea point, which is cosmopolitan, near the sea, tourist friendly, expensive overall compared to rest of province, not as expensive as Camps Bay or Clifton, but in relation to country, higher propertyy prices, fairly safe, but there are car break-ins, etc, but not home invasions or hectic shit
I also lived in outskirt of town in the northern suburbs, there its predominantly Afrikaner middle to upper middle class, you can still walk around the mall and not see black people sometimes, very racist still, and interracial couples are a no-no, whereas in the City of Cape Town itself, its "normal". In the northern suburbs if an afrikaner youngster brings home a dark skinned gf or bf, its worse than saying they're gay or they're dealing crack in church to 5 year olds and sodomizing nuns.

In Cape Town itself which is where I stay now, the rent for a nice 2 bedroom apartment can get you a 3/4 bedroom house with pool and garage, garden in Northern suburbs. For biz purposes I need large central premises, cost me a fortune. Town still has old victorian homes, lots of old dutch influence, loads of tourists, everything walking distance

The southern suburbs are mainly old english money, or students and english middle class historically, since new south africa, also very coloured

Low income blacks and coloureds reside in "locations" and "coloured areas" bit far out, shacks, pre-fab housing and low cost construction, semi paved roads

Low income whites fall somewhere in between, usually run down housing  around commercial and industrial areas. Foreign blacks same thing
I live in the Northern Burbs and there are more coloured peope than white. My street has a ratio of 5 to 2 (Coloured to white) and the coloured people have much more money than whites due to AA, when was the last time you where here?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2013, 09:57:59 AM »
Gary Strydom was from South Africa a class guy, met him a few times at contests very articulate as well.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2013, 10:00:16 AM »
Is this map a good indication regarding the risk areas in J'burg?

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2013, 10:12:02 AM »
this would be a lot more interesting than driving bicycle every day to work in dutch weather  :D :D

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2013, 10:14:26 AM »
this would be a lot more interesting than driving bicycle every day to work in dutch weather  :D :D
except that Joberg is very cold in the winter
c

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2013, 10:25:25 AM »

Seriously, I don't mind riding 20 miles a day. I wouldn't even start a thread like this, if I had the chance to work/live in Canada.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2013, 11:01:00 AM »
Seriously, I don't mind riding 20 miles a day. I wouldn't even start a thread like this, if I had the chance to work/live in Canada.
Huh, canada is super easy to get in especially if you re young and have diplomas, plan to start a family. Population is old and needs replacement. Tons of good looking rich women. Tons of job opportunities at all levels. Especially if english is your first language. Also it's one of the very few economies in the world that is not in debt, but its exports are 80% toward the united states which are badly in debts so when the us crash there will be some backlash in canada too. Still, it's a solid place to plan a stable future among the shit that s going to hit the fan worldwide soon. Tons of ressources too. Lately a lot of americans are moving to english canada again to flee unemployment in the us that is growing.. again.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2013, 11:35:47 AM »
Huh, canada is super easy to get in especially if you re young and have diplomas, plan to start a family. Population is old and needs replacement. Tons of good looking rich women. Tons of job opportunities at all levels. Especially if english is your first language. Also it's one of the very few economies in the world that is not in debt, but its exports are 80% toward the united states which are badly in debts so when the us crash there will be some backlash in canada too. Still, it's a solid place to plan a stable future among the shit that s going to hit the fan worldwide soon. Tons of ressources too. Lately a lot of americans are moving to english canada again to flee unemployment in the us that is growing.. again.

Thanks for your post.
To start with the 'bad' things, I'm not that young anymore (40), don't have family plans, and being a Dutchman, English isn't my first language. I have my diplomas & certifications, but they're not that interesting. However, I do have a wide working experience, esp in distribution, IT support and as a certified trainer.
Yes, based on what I saw and heard, Canada seems to have a stable economy, has good & decent citizens, a good healthcare system and beautiful nature.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2013, 11:38:23 AM »
Thanks for your post.
To start with the 'bad' things, I'm not that young anymore (40), don't have family plans, and being a Dutchman, English isn't my first language. I have my diplomas & certifications, but they're not that interesting. However, I do have a wide working experience, esp in distribution, IT support and as a certified trainer.
Yes, based on what I saw and heard, Canada seems to have a stable economy, has good & decent citizens, a good healthcare system and beautiful nature.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Canada

Places are going to get rarer as americans will probably massively move to english canada soon to survive the economic depression that's coming there.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2013, 11:40:57 AM »
maybe we can try to get a job in uberman's company

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2013, 11:44:07 AM »
maybe we can try to get a job in uberman's company
they re firing personnel at the moment, oldest people. We re contracting too, cause people buy less and less bakeries. The bread part of the factory still works fine tho. Bakeries are luxury products; people buy less of them as their incomes decrease, while bread is a base product everyone buys.

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2013, 11:46:28 AM »
I'm from SA and $2200 is quite a lot for us here. It equates to almost R20,000 here and that's more than enough to live a fairly luxurious life.

Crime is somewhat a problem, but media still blows it out of proportion. It depends on which area you live etc as in all countries.

Johannesburg is quite a bitch when it comes to traffic etc but its a nice city to live in besides that.

I would say you could consider it, as South Africa is a beautiful place other wise.

I just hope that in the near future a white president is elected again as most of the blacks here are fucking useless idiots.
Sorry but they will never again elect a white president - not while whites are a minority. Only in liberal white majority countries can a minority non-white become president. This does not happen in majority non-white countries.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2013, 11:49:33 AM »
Sorry but they will never again elect a white president - not while whites are a minority. Only in liberal white majority countries can a minority non-white become president. This does not happen in majority non-white countries.
exactly. Whites should have killed al the darkies once and for all, now the oposite is going to take place. Darkies will slowly push whiteys outside until there s none left. Weird country where white and black people hate each others openly yet still dont want to quit because of the nice landscapes.

animal1991

• Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2013, 11:53:37 AM »
I just hope SA doesn't turn into Zimbabwe. The way its going now seems like it! Fuuuck! Which country to emigrate to? Australia? New Zealand? Canada also sounds like a good option??