Author Topic: Why You Should Be Terrified Of What Just Happened in Cyprus  (Read 6947 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Why You Should Be Terrified Of What Just Happened in Cyprus
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2013, 09:57:05 AM »
Speaking of current events unfolding as I type = fear propaganda? ... or spam? Oh Puleaze!!!  ::) ::)

I'm not the one running around screaming "Oh look, my dog got fleas, it's Obama's fault". Then 50 gadzillion different threads all trying to make a connection between Obama and fleas.

I'm talking about one very charged, political issue and limiting my comments on it to one thread.

if you don't like the subject, don't click on it or read, but to troll behind me is both pretty lame & transparent.

No you are not.  You are as usual, spewing fear propaganda blabber. 

You are right about one thing though, you are not the only chicken little with a lifetime supply of spam on the board.

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2013, 10:45:56 AM »
fear propaganda.   ::)

^^^   Please remove head from fecal impacted anus.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2013, 02:35:31 PM »
RUH ROH X2

Gold: Golden for the Wrong Reason
http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2013/03/18/gold-golden-for-the-wrong-reason.aspx

"One of gold's most prominent bulls, John Paulson, the asset manager who made more than $1 billion betting on the housing downturn, is tarnished.

Bloomberg reported that Paulson's $900 million gold fund is down 26% through the beginning of March, after falling 25% last year. The fund has been hurt by the price of gold falling to around $1,600 off its all-time high of more than $1,900, which it hit in Sept. 2011."

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2013, 09:50:47 PM »
RUH ROH X2

Gold: Golden for the Wrong Reason
http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2013/03/18/gold-golden-for-the-wrong-reason.aspx

"One of gold's most prominent bulls, John Paulson, the asset manager who made more than $1 billion betting on the housing downturn, is tarnished.

Bloomberg reported that Paulson's $900 million gold fund is down 26% through the beginning of March, after falling 25% last year. The fund has been hurt by the price of gold falling to around $1,600 off its all-time high of more than $1,900, which it hit in Sept. 2011."

That's twice now that YOU have injected GOLD into this thread, so I'm assuming you want me to address it.
Nice Scooby Doo impression btw  ;)

This is of no concern to me at all and is to be expected, ...especially in light of a bailout, those looking to make a quick buck will rush back into equities & other paper derivatives. I am not looking to capitalize on market volatility, but rather save my money in a form that is indeed safe, ...because as we've clearly seen this past week, saving in bank issued paper derivatives have tremendous counter-party risks associated with them.

The decline in Paulson's hedgefund doesn't faze me in the least. There are two gold markets. The paper gold market, and the physical gold market. The price for both is dominated and controlled by the paper market of which Paulson's and various other ETF's are a part. The big challenge comes in when those holding paper decide to take physical delivery, and are not able to get it. Then, we will see the paper markets which so dominates the price of the physical market give way and allow for true price discovery. Because I save in gold, I'm not requiring quick liquidity, ...my strategy is one for the long haul. I don't care how many times it bounces up & down, because I use a dollar cost averaging approach, ...and over the long haul, it's overall direction will be up. By the time I'll be ready to cash in my gold, it will be way up. If I decide not to cash it in, but to instead spend it directly, I can trade fractions of a gram if need be. I'm not worried.

Interestingly however, a new development in the physical gold market indicates to me that perhaps the long anticipated de-coupling of paper from physical could be at hand. Recently out of the netherlands, one large company has announced to it's physical buyers that they will no longer be able to supply them with the actual physical bullion as of April 1st.

Based on a letter to clients over the weekend, it appears Dutch megabank ABN Amro is changing its precious metals custodian rules and "will no longer allow physical delivery." Have no fear, they reassuringly add, your account will be settled at the bid or offer price in the 'market' and "you need to do nothing" as "we have your investments in precious metals."

Supposedly their new custodian will no longer allow them to extradite gold shipments ::)

To me, that's double-speak for we want to take your money, charge you for non-existent storage, and keep our fractional reserve scheme going longer before your realize we've essentially defaulted on our obligations.  At least that's how it reads to me.

With the Swiss now voting on a referendum to re-patriate their gold, it's looking like the de-coupling is around the corner.

But who knows, the gold cartel may be able to keep the prices suppressed for quite some time to come. I'm happy if they're able to accomplish this... it simply means the longer they're able to do this... the longer my gold will be available at sale prices...  If not we will soon see real price discovery in physical bullion which we know is essentially between (spot price X 45) to (spot price X 100+) Who knows how far the thievery goes.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2013, 09:51:43 PM »
In other Global Currency Trends ...   :D

Farage: EU wants to steal money from Cyprus bank accounts

w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2013, 09:52:54 PM »
In other Global Currency Trends ...  :D

Cyprus Levy Tipping point for Eurozone between safety & panic

w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2013, 09:54:35 PM »
In other Global Currency Trends ... :D

US Bank Depositors Set Up For The Slaughter
24 March 2013

Apparently now, according to this court ruling [below], money you deposit in a bank no longer belongs to you any more – not really…. So this is all being set up for the “anti-christ” who is going to “save us”?

US bank depositors set up for the slaughter

They have already set legal precedence here in the U.S. with the Sentinel case, haven’t they??

Effectively turning all depositors into shareholders in the institutions where they deposit their money.

According to a federal appeals court ruling, Thursday, Bank of New York Mellon’s secured loan will be put ahead of customer segregated accounts held by Sentinel—a landmark ruling that turns individual segregated accounts into the property of a third party under circumstances of duress. In other words, if a financial institution fails, clients, depositors and pension funds may not get some or all of their money back in a bankruptcy.

In essence, under the ruling, Securities Investor Protection Corporation (SPIC), Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) and other insurance programs no longer will/can protect customer funds, leaving millions of investors, depositors and retirees unaware that they are no longer account holders of their own funds, per se, but, instead, have suddenly become stockholders of the institution with which they have deposited their money.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/32961642/SentinelRuling.pdf  <-- pdf file
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2013, 10:03:44 PM »

Former US Treasury Official – Banks Move To Enslave Humanity
24 March 2013

Today a former Assistant Secretary of the US Treasury spoke with King World News about the crisis in Cyprus and warned that banks are now moving to enslave humanity. Former Assistant of the US Treasury, Dr. Paul Craig Roberts, also told KWN the people of Cyprus need to take to the streets and fight against this oppression. Below is what Dr. Roberts had to say in the second part of two extraordinary interviews which have been released today.

Eric King: “You talked about the Cypriot government standing up against the arm-twisting from the IMF and the ECB, if they stand strong and this starts to spread to other countries, what does that mean for the European Union?”

Dr. Roberts:  “It saves it from being privatized by a handful of banks.  So it would be a good thing.  If the banks have to write down the loans, that’s what they are supposed to do.  They are already damaged from buying all of the toxic Wall Street waste, all of the junk that we marketed to them.

So if they have to write down European sovereign debt on top of that, they may be damaged.  But in that case the European Central Bank should focus directly on saving the banks, and not on destroying democracy in order to have power concentrated in the EU.

You see this crisis is being used by the EU bureaucracy in Brussels to destroy the financial sovereignty of the individual countries….

“That’s what this is all about.  They are saying, ‘We can’t trust you with the euro because you create too much debt.  So we’re going to decide your budget, your tax policies, and your spending policies.’

Trichet, the (former) head of the European Central Bank, he made this clear in all of his public speeches that this is where it was going.  So what you see is the whole bailout, at the expense of the public, the purpose is to destroy the sovereignty of the individual members, and to concentrate the power in Brussels and in the private banks.

It’s the same here (in the US).  Who runs the Treasury?  Who runs the financial regulatory agencies?  Who runs the Fed?  It’s all of the executives of the banks that are ‘too big to fail.’  That’s exactly who they are.  So the various CEO’s who got the banks in trouble are now running economic policy in the United States.  That’s essentially where it is headed in Europe.”

Eric King: “What are your thoughts when you see this kind of government theft?”

Dr. Roberts:  “Well, if they get away with it, if the people accept it, they are being reenserfed (or enslaved).  People are becoming serfs again.  They exist for the purposes of that state.

So I’m all in favor of the Cypriots to take to the streets, and to whatever level of violence they need take it to.  Democracy is a human achievement.  It took centuries.  So why should we just let it go away because there is a banking crisis?”

Dr. Roberts also added:  “The Russians may simply say, ‘It’s our money that they are after.  Back off.’  You can’t predict how the Russians may respond.”

Here is the link to Part I of the extraordinary Dr. Paul Craig Roberts written interview.  The written portion above is just a small part of this tremendous interview with Dr. Roberts where he discusses the Cyprus crisis, the increasingly desperate situation the West faces going forward, and much more. 

Here is the link to Part II of the written interview

In addition to the two written interviews which have been released today, the KWN audio interview with Dr. Roberts will also be available later today and you can listen to it by CLICKING HERE

Bio of Dr. Paul Craig Roberts - Economist, Co-Founder of Reaganomics & Acclaimed Author

Dr. Roberts (born April 3, 1939) is an American economist, a columnist for Creators Syndicate and recent author of “The Failure Of Laissaz Faire Capitalism”. He served as an Assistant Secretary of the Treasury in the Reagan Administration earning fame as a co-founder of Reaganomics. He is a former editor and columnist for the Wall Street Journal, Business Week, and Scripps Howard News Service who has testified before congressional committees on 30 occasions on issues of economic policy. Roberts has written extensively that during the 21st century the Bush and Obama administrations have destroyed the US Constitution's protections of Americans' civil liberties, such as habeas corpus and due process in the name of "the war on terror." Roberts has been a critic of both Democratic and Republican administrations

Roberts is a graduate of the Georgia Institute of Technology and holds a Ph.D. from the University of Virginia. He was a post-graduate at the University of California, Berkeley and at Merton College, Oxford University. His first scholarly article (Classica et Mediaevalia) was a reformulation of "The Pirenne Thesis."
In Alienation and the Soviet Economy (1971), Roberts explained the Soviet economy as the outcome of a struggle between inordinate aspirations and a refractory reality. He argued that the Soviet economy was not centrally planned, but that its institutions, such as material supply, reflected the original Marxist aspirations to establish a non-market mode of production. In Marx's Theory of Exchange (1973), Roberts argued that Marx was an organizational theorist whose materialist conception of history ruled out good will as an effective force for change.

From 1975 to 1978, Roberts served on the congressional staff. As economic counsel to Congressman Jack Kemp he drafted the Kemp-Roth bill (which became the Economic Recovery Tax Act of 1981) and played a leading role in developing bipartisan support for a supply-side economic policy. His influential 1978 article for Harper's, while economic counsel to Senator Orrin Hatch, had Wall Street Journal editor Robert L. Bartley give him an editorial slot, which he had until 1980. He was a senior fellow in political economy at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, then part of Georgetown University.

From early 1981 to January 1982 he served as Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Economic Policy. President Ronald Reagan and Treasury Secretary Donald Regan credited him with a major role in the Economic Recovery Tax Act of 1981, and he was awarded the Treasury Department's Meritorious Service Award for "outstanding contributions to the formulation of United States economic policy." Roberts resigned in January 1982 to become the first occupant of the William E. Simon Chair for Economic Policy at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, then part of Georgetown University. He held this position until 1993. He went on to write The Supply-Side Revolution (1984), in which he explained the reformulation of macroeconomic theory and policy that he had helped to create.

He was a Distinguished Fellow at the Cato Institute from 1993 to 1996. He was a Senior Research Fellow at the Hoover Institution.

In The New Color Line (1995), Roberts argued that the Civil Rights Act was subverted by the bureaucrats who applied it and, by being used to create status-based privileges, became a threat to the Fourteenth Amendment in whose name it was passed. In The Tyranny of Good Intentions (2000), Roberts documented what he saw as the erosion of the Blackstonian legal principles that ensure that law is a shield of the innocent and not a weapon in the hands of government.
w

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2013, 11:11:52 PM »
why are the mods continuing to personally attacking OP? This should be addressed to Ron. Mods who supposedly close threads when someone supposedly personally attacks someone, but mods ruin whole threads and personally attack poster of thread.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2013, 12:43:29 AM »

$900 Million Says Euro Crashes In 2 Weeks:
PUT Trade Rocks London Options Market

Someone has placed a GIGANTIC $900 million EURO PUT trade on the Euro to crash vs. the dollar within 2 weeks.  Is this a ‘smart bet’ by someone who has seen the writing on the wall with the situation in Cyprus or does someone have inside knowledge that something big is about to happen? Beware! We have seen this before as shared in the videos below; in fact, it happened prior to September 11th, 2001, and we ALL saw what happened thereafter.

http://www.derivativesintelligence.com/Article/3176278/News/Big-Put-Trade-Rocks-Fx-Mart.html

THIS IS SERIOUSLY MESSED UP!!!!
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2013, 12:45:58 AM »

Banks warn Government set to take inactive accounts
By finance reporter Elysse Morgan
Updated Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:15pm AEDT

Hundreds of millions of dollars in inactive bank deposits are likely to flow to the Federal Government from May.

Legislation amended late last year means any account that has not seen activity within three years can be transferred into the Commonwealth's hands - previously the rule was seven years.

The money will be able to be reclaimed from the Government through the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC).

The new law comes into effect at the end of May and banks are advising customers to make transactions as small as a dollar to ensure they are not transferred to ASIC.

Australian Bankers Association chief executive Steven Munchenburg says many accounts will be affected.

"If you've put some money away to save for the future and you're not adding any more deposits to that, and if you've got trust accounts where money is being held for some reason in the future, if you've got bond money for example where you're a landlord and the tenant's bond money is sitting in an account for more than three years, any of those sorts of those accounts, and the banks are obliged to move the money to the Government," he said.

The banking industry believes the Government's changes to inactive bank accounts legislation is just revenue raising.

Mr Munchenburg says the legislation was rushed through at the end of last year.

"A lot of suspicion at the time that the Government is rushing this through because they were more concerned about their own financial bottom line than they were about reuniting consumers with their accounts," he said.

"It was never clear to us why it had to be rushed through if it was only focused on reuniting consumers with accounts."

Mr Munchenburg says three years seems an arbitrary time limit as the Government failed to consult the industry on the change.

"I don't know why three years has been chosen over seven," he said.

"Certainly, if the Government believed that seven years was too long, we would have expected them to talk to us about what is an appropriate timeline or how to deal with accounts where people have deliberately left them alone, and then we'd avoid some of the problems that we are concerned will affect customers."

Topics: business-economics-and-finance, banking, consumer-finance, australia

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-02-26/banks-warn-customers-government-set-to-take-their-money/4541116
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2013, 12:50:50 AM »

Cypriot president 'warned his friends  to move money abroad' before financial crisis hit:
Leader under fire as he faces just FOUR DAYS to save country from collapse

By ALLAN HALL, JAMES CHAPMAN and JILL REILLY
PUBLISHED: 08:33 GMT, 22 March 2013 | UPDATED: 00:07 GMT, 23 March 2013

• Italian media said 4.5 billion euros left the island in the week before the crisis
  • Russia's finance minister: Talks on new financial aid for Cyprus have failed
  • Cyprus: 'Next few hours will determine the future of the country'
  • Russia has vast cash reserves in Cypriot banks
  • Mrs Merkel warned that Cyprus' partners may soon 'lose'
  • Italian media said 4.5 billion euros left the island in the week before the crisis

Cypriot president Nikos Anastasiades 'warned' close friends of the financial crisis about to engulf his country so they could move their money abroad, it was claimed on Friday.

The respected Cypriot newspaper Filelftheros made the allegation which was picked up eagerly by German media.

Germans are angry at the way their country has been linked to the Nazis and Hitler by Cypriots angry at the defunct rescue deal which called for a levy on all savings.

The Cyprus newspaper did not say how much money was moved abroad but quoted sources saying the president 'knew about the possible closure of the banks' and tipped off close friends who were able to move vast sums abroad.

Italian media said the 4.5 billion euros left the island in the week before the crisis.

Anger: Banking sector workers protest outside of the Cyprus' parliament in Nicosia
as lawmakers debate emergency legislation

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2297383/Cyprus-bailout-President-Nikos-Anastasiades-warned-friends-money-abroad.html

This is the MF Global crap all over again where Corzine warned off the billionaire Koch brothers to get their money out before they pulled the plug and froze those accounts.  >:(

w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2013, 01:02:33 AM »

If this doesn't boil your blood, ...you have ice-water in your veins >:(

Bank Forecloses on elderly 75 yr. old Granny for $49 in unpaid taxes,
...but the taxes were actually paid

There are some stories that are so over the top as an example of the brazen disregard for human dignity that they defy imagination. But, we know that truth is stranger than fiction . . . and this latest event is certainly proof of that.

Foreclosure fraud has become institutionalized within a corrupt banking structure; it began at the top with banks such as BoA and has trickled down into nearly every community. For example, one couple had their home in Tampa foreclosed on even after they had paid off the full amount in cash. Countless others have been victims of mortgage payment modification schemes.

However, the predatory nature of what is happening to 75-year-old Aron Ezilla Ridge in Travis County, Texas might in fact be what one news outlet is calling "The Saddest Story You Have Ever Heard." This story involves a mortgage company, but it also has a scary link to property taxes that should raise questions about the very nature of home ownership.

Back in 2010, at the peak of "Foreclosure-Gate," a few members of the banking consortium went on record to deny their responsibility for creating a system that might have given mortgage holders a raw deal:

Jamie Dimon, CEO of JP Morgan Chase, whose bank is implicated in the scandal, said this week in a conference call that there have been no accidental evictions. “We’re not evicting people who deserve to stay in their house,” the multimillionaire banker declared.

“If you didn’t pay your mortgage, you shouldn’t be in your house. Period,” Walter Todd of the investment advisory firm Greenwood Capital Associates, told Reuters.

“Everyone’s responsible for following the law. If we all don’t have to pay our mortgage, should we just stop paying taxes, too?” said Anton Schutz, president of Mendon Capital Advisers. (Source)

Interestingly enough, even if you follow the law (and pay your taxes) as the above paragons of ethics assert, apparently your home can still be taken by sleight of hand and/or bureaucratic ineptitude. Such is the case with elderly and infirm Aron Ezilla Ridge, who is debilitated in a variety of ways as Courthouse News reports:

Ridge is partly blind, has diabetes, congestive heart failure and had surgery for colon cancer several years ago.

"She needs a wheelchair to leave her home and is largely housebound at this point in her life," the complaint states. "She can read but her reading level is approximately at the 6th grade level and her ability to read is, of course, further limited by her failing eyesight."

She is being thrown out the home she's lived in for 47 years because of $49 in property taxes -- which she paid early. Regardless, she had paid off her mortgage 20 years ago, but needed repairs for which she did not have the immediate cash. She entered into an agreement for a "reverse mortgage" of $39,000 with a nationwide mortgage lender called James B. Nutter & Co.

A reverse mortgage is geared toward those who are 62 years and older, and essentially serves as a revolving credit line with title still held by the homeowner rather than with the lender as it would for a typical mortgage. Instead of the borrower making payments, the lender pays the borrower with the promise that the loan is to be paid at the time of death or sale.

It hasn't been so cut-and-dried for Ms. Ridge who is now the plaintiff in a case against James B. Nutter & Co. after payment of her property taxes came into question.

Ridge says she was told by the Travis County Tax Assessor's office in 2000 that she did not need to pay property taxes because the value of her home was below homestead and senior exemption caps.

But she received a property tax bill in 2011 for $20.31. She says she was able to drive to the assessor's office and pay the taxes in full and on time.

In April 2012, the assessor's office informed her that her home was valued at $60,743 and that her taxes were estimated at $46.87, according to the complaint.

Ridge says she did not receive a tax bill, but later received a receipt stating that $49 in taxes were paid in late 2012.

"She assumed that the receipt meant she was again exempt from property taxes," the complaint states. "She did not call the tax office to see why she had received a receipt without having received a bill."

This confusion, which has every indication that it was created by an outside party, gave an opening for Nutter & Co. to pounce via the "acceleration clause."

In January this year, Nutter's attorneys told Ridge her reverse mortgage had been accelerated, and that she had to pay off the entire loan "or the lender would exercise its right to enforce the lien on her home."

Ms. Ridge's home officially went into foreclosure Jan. 30th, 2013.

Unbeknownst to many older homeowners who take out reverse mortgages (especially those who have a 6th-grade reading level), an acceleration clause is there to ensure immediate payment. However, it is supposed to only be triggered upon the sale of the home, or death. Nutter & Co. are invoking this due to supposedly unpaid taxes. Ironically, Financial Web defines this clause in the following way:

At that point, the proceeds from the sale of the house, or the life insurance policy will have to pay for the remaining balance on the reverse mortgage. Many lenders also have an acceleration that is tied to fraud as well. (emphasis added) [Source]

The wording of Ms. Ridge's exact contract would have to be examined, but it seems way outside the normal, ethical boundaries to invoke an accelerated payment due to unpaid property taxes . . . and even that fact is in question. This certainly appears to be one of those contracts "tied to fraud" that is mentioned above.

"The only property to which the application could possibly refer were the taxes for 2012 - which were not due until January 31, 2013. Yet defendant intended to enforce its right to foreclose on Ms. Ridge's home because she had not paid $49.00, which at the time the application was filed, was not due yet."

It's hard to imagine this situation getting any more convoluted . . . but it does. Not only is the lender looking for immediate payment of the original loan of $39,000, the company seeks that amount, plus interest, fees, and subsequent attorney's fees that total more than the actual appraised value of her home. In essence, she couldn't even sell the home (or die) to pay off what is being demanded.

Ms. Ridge has signed on with an attorney who appears to be taking this very seriously and is going on the offensive in just about every way possible. Courthouse News lists the following that is being sought on her behalf:

. . . actual and punitive damages, an injunction and declaratory relief for wrongful foreclosure, breach of contract, negligence, real estate fraud, unjust enrichment, attempted conversion and violations of the Unfair Debt Collection Act and Deceptive Trade Practices Act.

Let's hope this sad story has a happier ending.

Main source for this article, with additional must-read information:
http://www.courthousenews.com/2013/03/22/55963.htm

w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2013, 03:54:00 AM »

EU banker inadvertently spills the beans

Cyprus banks which were supposed to re-open today, ...are still closed. Why?

Well, it seems that when EU bankers were gushing to the media over the new deal struck by Cyprus, one Dutch banker Jerome Dijsselbloem said he not only thought it was a great deal, ...but "could serve as a template for other countries" hinting at what was in store for others

WHAT?!  This was only supposed to be a one-off event!!!

Needless to say, Dijsselbloem has had to do some quick back tracking, and Cyprus' finance minster has decided to keep the banks closed for another few days in order to prevent a run on the banks. The irony is that is, the longer they keep the banks closed, ...the more likely they are to see runs on the banks with people rushing to get their money out.

The more these guys tip their hands, the more likely they are to create bank runs in other parts of the Eurozone. 

I've always felt the "powers that be" were planning to implode the system and hoping to trigger a crash before it collapsed under it's own weight, ...but the ridiculous and inept way in which they handled this, coupled with the $900 million euro put options on the London exchange on euro crashing in 2 weeks vs the dollar leads me to believe they're trying to accomplish that at this very moment.  So who is trying to crash the euro. Which desperate banker trying to hide losses is making a hail mary play? Is it the Fed?

Unbelievable... two weeks without access to cash. People's rents are coming up, businesses are going broke unable to pay suppliers or employees. Stores have stopped accepting bank debit cards & credit cards.  >:(
Sadly, I fear bank holidays will be far more frequent in the future, just like Gerald Celente predicted would happen  :'(
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2013, 04:13:31 AM »

Bank Manager Verifies Cash Withdrawal Limits & Reduced Hours
Coming To US Banks Within 60 Days

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 22:19

Gentlemen:

Just received a call from a highly agitated bank manager who stated that within 60 days, banks will be greatly reducing their hours, days of operation, amount of withdrawals and a requirement to fill out "paperwork" if the amount is questioned by bank officials. Unless the form is completed, money will not be disbursed.

What really irritated this manager is that after hearing our statements on the air, and receiving years of assurance that our positions and contacts were so much bravo sierra, now he hears from corporate people that it is apparently true after all. He said, "screw them, grab the money while you can."

The parameters given were banks open two days a week for four to five hours with below minimum staffs, increased security and greatly reduced amounts of actual cash in the vault.

Amount of withdrawal will be held to $500-2000 per day per customer account--not customer. So my account could only have either my wife or I withdraw, not both.

That level could change at ANY time.

There is no plan (at least known) for automatic confiscation from accounts--yet, and he said that
the banks hold the "ownership" authority and final disposition of any items found in safety deposit boxes. (surprise, surprise!)

Withholding mortgage payments could result in expedited (30) day foreclosures and 15 day Sheriff's locks on your front door.

The Federal Reserve could and will initiate other more draconian restrictions on all aspects of "private" banking and access to any property held by banks. It could include forfeiture of your primary (paid for) residence if your summer cottage has a mortgage and you fail to pony up to keeping it current or any forthcoming restrictions on your accounts.

Clearly, the only option is to close accounts or only keep funds that can be paid instantly to keep electric, water, or other critical accounts paid. Cash will be drying up---so, unless people hold precious metals, bullets (the new currency) or medicines, etc., you are screwed. Barter will be king. As the Colonel said yesterday, "the universe is contracting into the black hole. There is no way to escape its pull."

(Political/economic/social order black hole) Received at 1545 hours
20 March 2013
The Lawman

http://www.stevequayle.com/index.php?s=33&d=325

http://beforeitsnews.com/economy/2013/03/bank-manager-verifies-cash-withdrawal-limits-reduced-hours-coming-to-us-banks-within-60-days-2502422.html
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2013, 05:32:10 AM »
Cyprus bail-out: savers will be raided to save euro in future crises, says eurozone chief
 The Telegraph - UK ^ | 26 March 2013 | Bruno Waterfield

Posted on Tuesday, March 26, 2013 8:09:41 AM by MeneMeneTekelUpharsin

Savings accounts in Spain, Italy and other European countries will be raided if needed to preserve Europe's single currency by propping up failing banks, a senior eurozone official has announced. The new policy will alarm hundreds of thousands of British expatriates who live and have transferred their savings, proceeds from house sales and other assets to eurozone bank accounts in countries such as France, Spain and Italy. The euro fell on global markets after Jeroen Dijsselbloem, the Dutch chairman of the eurozone, announced that the heavy losses inflicted on depositors in Cyprus would be the template for future banking crises across Europe.

"If there is a risk in a bank, our first question should be 'Okay, what are you in the bank going to do about that? What can you do to recapitalise yourself?'," he said. "If the bank can't do it, then we'll talk to the shareholders and the bondholders, we'll ask them to contribute in recapitalising the bank, and if necessary the uninsured deposit holders."

Ditching a three-year-old policy of protecting senior bondholders and large depositors, over €100,000, in banks, Mr Dijsselbloem argued that the lack of market contagion surrounding Cyprus showed that private investors could now be hit to pay for bad banking debts.

(Excerpt) Read more at telegraph.co.uk ...

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2013, 06:24:07 AM »
Ah... so it's Jeroen. When I was being given the news, it sounded like Jerome to me.  :-[

I find it quite interesting that it is a Dutch banker that has so publicly tipped their hand. I mean, their intentions to roll it out all over was obvious for anyone paying attention, and connecting the dots, ...especially considering the relatively small size of the Cypriot bailout, relative to the bailouts for other eurozone countries. Clearly Cyprus was a trial balloon, and they caved to the troika pressures, ...but what i find so curious is that it was a Dutch banker who revealed their nefarious plans to the press.  It's almost as if they wanted to paint a picture of what was coming, and connected the dots for everyone, (just in case they happen to not be paying attention)

Why I find the Dutch connection so fascinating is because the Dutch appear to want as much gold in their country as possible, but refuse to let it leave. With my supplier, The Netherlands is the one country where gold buyers cannot receive storage of their gold abroad. They HAVE TO take immediate delivery of anything they order, ...and just recently Dutch bankers ABN-AMRO have just announced a change in policy whereby they will no longer provide physical delivery of a customer's bullion...  They'll gladly accept gold INTO their country, ...but are putting restrictions on it's ability to flow OUT of the country.

Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but it seems like everywhere i turn these days, the Dutch are popping up for some odd reason.

Maybe it's one of the Dutch members of the Bilderberg group that is attempting this 900 Million euro short. I wonder too if it is a naked short? Maybe it's Buzzy Krongard trying to collect a payout since he couldn't collect after 911.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2013, 06:51:09 AM »

Bank of Cyprus Chairman resigns as heads roll over bailout

Students have taken to the streets of the Cypriot capital Nicosia, protesting against the last-ditch bailout deal sealed on Monday. Reports say a couple of smoke bombs went off, as the crowd chanted against the troika. Cypriots have been anxiously waiting for banks to re-open on Tuesday, but their doors remain closed, all banks on the island will stay shut until Thursday. Even then, capital flows will be temporarily restricted. The last-ditch bailout deal may be hailed as a relief by the government and the EU, but it's certainly no comfort for people struggling to withdraw their money,

Aid Raid: Fear & Loathing grips Cypris as ECB hastens debtline

w

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2013, 08:20:16 AM »
RUH ROH! X3

The Golden Dilemma
http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2078535

"Gold objects have existed for thousands of years but for many investors gold has only recently become a tradable investment opportunity. Gold has been described as an inflation hedge, a 'golden constant', with a long run real return of zero. Yet over 1, 5, 10, 15 and 20 year investment horizons the variation in the nominal and real returns of gold has not been driven by realized inflation."

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2013, 12:35:37 PM »
w

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2013, 01:57:45 PM »
Classic, when people don't buy into your retarded argument, suggest they are sheep.

::)

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2013, 03:21:16 PM »
Classic, when people don't buy into your retarded argument, suggest they are sheep.

::)

Actually OzmO, I'm not suggesting that YOU are a sheep.
On the contrary, ...I suspect you to be a wolf, who is just wearing sheep's clothing.
It's something I have suspected foe a while, ...you and a few others.

There are however, a lot of sheep out there, ...and I believe many are going to be fleeced & slaughtered by the bankers.
w

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2013, 03:25:21 PM »
Actually OzmO, I'm not suggesting that YOU are a sheep.
On the contrary, ...I suspect you to be a wolf, who is just wearing sheep's clothing.
It's something I have suspected foe a while, ...you and a few others.

There are however, a lot of sheep out there, ...and I believe many are going to be fleeced & slaughtered by the bankers.

So you think i work for "the man"?  And that i am paid to debunk and spread disinformation?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2013, 03:31:27 PM »
So you think i work for "the man"?  And that i am paid to debunk and spread disinformation?

I suspect you might be a wolf in sheep's clothing.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2013, 04:16:54 PM »
In other Global Currency Trends ....  :D

Unique Cyprus model to spill further across Eurozone

Forget the earlier well reported figure of 20%

Looks like depositors with accounts larger than 100,000 € stand to lose as much as...

40%
w