Author Topic: RIP Nasser El Sonbaty  (Read 292426 times)

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
Re: Nasser El Sonbaty is dead
« Reply #550 on: March 22, 2013, 02:41:48 PM »

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #551 on: March 22, 2013, 02:43:00 PM »
I have heard some not so wonderful things about him, but I met him a few times and he was always very polite and professional.  I ate with him one time at the Olympia, and it was a good experience.

Sad to hear.

jakew300

• Getbig II
« Reply #552 on: March 22, 2013, 02:43:16 PM »
Would not be surprised if he suffered from sleep apnea either.  Sad news I always liked him.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #553 on: March 22, 2013, 02:45:43 PM »
Weight is weight.  Fat or muscle the heart still needs to pump the blood to support the weight.

thats true but see people like adonis (meat eaters) still have more heme -iron pumping through there system from all the meat they eat, and this is definitly not a good thing
A

TheTruth90

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Steve Marcello Arce--poster boy for stupid
« Reply #554 on: March 22, 2013, 02:51:19 PM »
I know that we all like to fuck around and say shit about each other about certain things and joke around, but RIP to Nasser. He seemed like one of the few pro's who actually enjoyed talking to and hanging out with his fans and didn't think he was too good for them. His bb.com interviews were awesome. I also offer my condolences to his family and friends as well (Alex, bigbobs, sherief, big ach, etc)..

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #555 on: March 22, 2013, 02:58:16 PM »
Weight is weight.  Fat or muscle the heart still needs to pump the blood to support the weight.

Muscle is worse then fat in this regard. When I was a fat 200lbs I could still run several miles at a decent 8-9 minute pace without problem. Now at 195lbs, 12-13% bf and even running one mile is a giant bitch.
all drugs - TPPIIP

slate

• Getbig IV
« Reply #556 on: March 22, 2013, 03:00:35 PM »
Never met nasser but what i heard about him was mostly negative. basically being an arrogant bastard thinking he was smarter than other people, pretending to be someone's friend while making fun behind their backs etc etc. Typical pro bber material

Death does not change any of that

In any case it is ridiculous to be nice to someone because they died since that's exactly when it doesn't matter 
If you want to be nice to someone do it while they are alive instead of shedding crocodile tears

Yeah but he was also a getbigger.

Read my lips DB:

In any case it is ridiculous to be nice to someone because they died since that's exactly when it doesn't matter 
If you want to be nice to someone do it while they are alive instead of shedding crocodile tears

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #557 on: March 22, 2013, 03:02:58 PM »
Muscle is worse then fat in this regard. When I was a fat 200lbs I could still run several miles at a decent 8-9 minute pace without problem. Now at 195lbs, 12-13% bf and even running one mile is a giant bitch.
it matters more whats inside your arteries and viens then whats on the outside

interesting
A

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #558 on: March 22, 2013, 03:07:20 PM »
Read my lips DB:

No, it matters to be nice. Nasser El-Sonbaty has reached the end of the line. He is six feet under ground. At one time he was one of the best in the world. Out of billions of bodies in the world he had one of the most developed. Now everything is taken away, he is equal to everyone who has ever died.

Death is a terrible thing.

Courtesy is all we have left. It's about coping. That's why people are nice at funerals.

D_1000

• Getbig IV
« Reply #559 on: March 22, 2013, 03:08:54 PM »
As annoying as the Nasser nuthuggers have been, the world is a sadder place without the beautiful man with glasses.

slate

• Getbig IV
« Reply #560 on: March 22, 2013, 03:10:32 PM »
I'm not here to change your mindset but to make a statement. Anybody can say anything about someone. Who are they to judge anyone? Two wrongs dont make a right. Besides, you dont kick somebody when they're down. When someone is finally at peace when they're dead, a bit of empathy says a lot about a bigger person.

Just my 2 cents, thats all.

i dont think you read my post to the end

empathy towards a live person is yours to give.
empathy towards a dead person is not possible as empathy by def involves putting yourself in that person's 'shoes'.

if you want to empathize do it towards live beings

dustin

« Reply #561 on: March 22, 2013, 03:16:13 PM »
As annoying as the Nasser nuthuggers have been, the world is a sadder place without the beautiful man with glasses.

This.

Lots of homoerotic Nasser banter, but the dude is gone and is definitely going to be missed.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #562 on: March 22, 2013, 03:16:42 PM »
i dont think you read my post to the end

empathy towards a live person is yours to give.
empathy towards a dead person is not possible as empathy by def involves putting yourself in that person's 'shoes'.

if you want to empathize do it towards live beings

While i dont disagree with your statement...it's a very clinical and detached opinion.

When someone dies, people are sad and sympathetic towards the person and their loved ones.  It's just what we do....most of us anyway.

slate

• Getbig IV
« Reply #563 on: March 22, 2013, 03:21:43 PM »
No, it matters to be nice. Nasser El-Sonbaty has reached the end of the line. He is six feet under ground. At one time he was one of the best in the world. Out of billions of bodies in the world he had one of the most developed. Now everything is taken away, he is equal to everyone who has ever died.

Death is a terrible thing.

Courtesy is all we have left. It's about coping. That's why people are nice at funerals.

people are not nice at funerals. people play nice at funerals

being nice about someone you otherwise despise when they are dead is only relevant when dealing with people that

1- really cared for the deceased
2- you care for

i am sure nasser's relatives dont read GB and i couldn't give two shits about the nasser nuthugers that do - hence there is no point in pretending that nasser was a good guy when we all know he was not

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #564 on: March 22, 2013, 03:26:11 PM »
Maybe resulted in his hair loss?

coleman has more hair on his head than daddwaydy

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #565 on: March 22, 2013, 03:29:23 PM »
people are not nice at funerals. people play nice at funerals

being nice about someone you otherwise despise when they are dead is only relevant when dealing with people that

1- really cared for the deceased
2- you care for

i am sure nasser's relatives dont read GB and i couldn't give two shits about the nasser nuthugers that do - hence there is no point in pretending that nasser was a good guy when we all know he was not

Well, you must have known him personally if you hold such a strong opinion on his character.

Don't say "we", I only knew him from his interviews- and I liked what I read. So it doesn't cost me anything to be courteous to people for whom his loss will be devastating. That's all.

slate

• Getbig IV
« Reply #566 on: March 22, 2013, 03:50:32 PM »
I think i get your point

While it is true that nasser was a POS while alive, now that he is dead he is no longer a POS or anything else for that matter- so we shouldn't hate on him

It is a good argument  ;D

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #567 on: March 22, 2013, 03:53:53 PM »
Yes, exactly my point  ::)

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #568 on: March 22, 2013, 03:57:52 PM »
From a close friend of mine who lives in San Diego and is also a friend of Nasser's family:

"He died yesterday in Egypt two days before he was to have a kidney
transplant when his heart gave out.  He always said he'd rather die than
go off steroids.  His funeral will be in Germany.  His mother is devastated". 

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #569 on: March 22, 2013, 04:01:33 PM »
From a close friend of mine who lives in San Diego and is also a friend of Nasser's family:

transplant when his heart gave out.  He always said he'd rather die than
go off steroids.  His funeral will be in Germany.  His mother is devastated". 

holy shit is that for real?

If so one of the most fucked up things i have ever heard, dead or not.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #570 on: March 22, 2013, 04:05:43 PM »

transplant when his heart gave out.  He always said he'd rather die than
go off steroids.  His funeral will be in Germany.  His mother is devastated".  

His funeral was already held in Cairo, Egypt.  Sherief attended it and even helped with the laying of the body.  

I know for a fact that your close friend in San Diego is wrong on the funeral part, so I don't consider the part about failing health to be credible either.  Besides, if he was really "a friend of Nasser's family" he would not be posting online stuff (even indirectly through you) like, "He always said he'd rather die than go off steroids" or tell the world that he had a kidney problem, even if it were true.  Most people keep that stuff confidential even if true.  He was also off steroids for a long time before his death, so he would definitely not say something like that.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #571 on: March 22, 2013, 04:10:32 PM »
Why isn't this a sticky?  Pretty big news in the bodybuilding world.

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #572 on: March 22, 2013, 04:11:25 PM »
I think i get your point

While it is true that nasser was a POS while alive, now that he is dead he is no longer a POS or anything else for that matter- so we shouldn't hate on him

It is a good argument  ;D

Well yea, someone can be an ass at times in real life. Let's face it, no one is perfect. That doesn't mean it's ok to talk shit about the person who passed away though (unless it's a terrorist or murderer)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #573 on: March 22, 2013, 04:12:21 PM »
Why isn't this a sticky?  Pretty big news in the bodybuilding world.

GetBiggers don't lift.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #574 on: March 22, 2013, 04:12:31 PM »
So Nasser died of a kidney infection? Is this confirmed because I've heard lots of different things on how he has passed.  :-\

RIP Nasser......a great loss for the bodybuilding world indeed.