Author Topic: RIP Nasser El Sonbaty  (Read 293469 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: RIP Nasser El Sonbaty
« Reply #875 on: April 01, 2013, 06:11:26 PM »
are u implying that bob, sheRiff and nasseR WERE PARTNERS?? shame on u

What made you leap to that conclusion? I assume you didn't consider that they might have been business partners or workout partners, but preferred to assume they were romantic partners. Shame on you.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #876 on: April 01, 2013, 09:58:54 PM »
What made you leap to that conclusion? I assume you didn't consider that they might have been business partners or workout partners, but preferred to assume they were romantic partners. Shame on you.
Hes an idiot. I never implied Nassers friends were his partners. I think the people asking for explicit details on his death are disrespectful pigs.

TheTruth90

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Steve Marcello Arce--poster boy for stupid
« Reply #877 on: April 02, 2013, 07:34:14 AM »
lol at booty hitting the moderator button to get my comment removed

pathetic

slate

• Getbig IV
« Reply #878 on: April 02, 2013, 09:27:34 AM »
she seems obsessed with the word 'shit'

"Yes they are pieces of shit"

" there will always be shit talkers sitting behind a computer."

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #879 on: April 02, 2013, 02:43:15 PM »
Hey Sheirifi something is wrong with your Mr.Alah's teaching  ::) alcohol is banned in islam  ??? ,but using of Steroids in islam is tolerated  :P
Can U elaborate on this  ;D

monstermunch

• Getbig IV
« Reply #880 on: April 02, 2013, 03:22:11 PM »
Hey Sheirifi something is wrong with your Mr.Alah's teaching  ::) alcohol is banned in islam  ??? ,but using of Steroids in islam is tolerated  :P
Can U elaborate on this  ;D

Pretty sure catholic priests aren't meant to fondle choirboys either.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #881 on: April 02, 2013, 03:25:40 PM »
A DUDE PASSES AWAY AND PEOPLE ARE HAVING FUN WITH IT? ONLY ON GETBIG.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #882 on: April 03, 2013, 12:14:20 AM »
Lots of friends are leaving comments on Nasser's facebook wall and sharing photos, many have changed their profile pic to one of themselves with Nasser.

I'll post the pics later, but for now I'll just paste some of the comments here:

"This is a sad day in my life...I lost a friend with a good heart. Nasser El Sonbaty. I will miss you my brother. I will remember your advises for me for the rest of my life. Rest in peace. "

"You helped me through one of the ruffest points in my life, you went out of your way to spend time with me, you taught me basically everything I know about the gym... I lost a beautiful friend but I know your in a better place. Rest in peace brother.... "

"Today Was My First Day Back At The Gym I Always Train Hard But Today I Trained Extra Extra Hard Like It Was My Last Day. In Honor Of My Great Friend Nasser El Sonbaty. He Was A Champion And He Never Quit. He Was One Of The Most Loyal,Respectful ,And Dedicated Person You Will Ever Meet."

"Nasser was a terrific man and always had time for his fans and friends. I think you left out an adjective on him though,,, He was extremely intelligent and loved to help those who asked. I was lucky enough to meet and talk with him several times here in San Diego and at the shows around the country. No matter where we ran into each other he always had time to say hi and talk for a few minutes even if his schedule called on him.. He was truly one of a kind!"

"My dear friend Nasser my son Ruben and I Fatima we will miss you very much you were always sweet and kind to us we have great memories with you.this words are to late now but I hope from heaven you see this and smile.love Ruben and Gregg and Fatima"

"Oh Nasser you were far to young to go! I am completely in shock! You were a wonderful generous human, the world is going to be a lesser place without you. Thank you for accepting me when I first started bodybuilding and making me believe I could accomplish anything! So glad we kept up on fb from time to time. "

"yesterday we lost a legend. A World Champion Body Builder, a world class guy and an even better friend. I will never forget you brah. R.I.P."

"Nasser El Sonbaty is one of the best pro bodybuilders to ever step on stage! He taught me so much more than the sport he loved. He helped me so much during tough time's emotionally and financially. You are loved and will be missed by many! ...I wish I could have told you THANK YOU one last time for everything! My condolences go out to your Mother, Father and sister! Gone but NEVER forgotten my friend! RIP"

"Thank you for staying my friend for all these years.. you never forgot me, always were kind and supportive.. even when I wasnt in perfect shape.. I will certainly miss you ... rest now ....."

"it's a very big pleasure lived in this great moments. i've remembed you for to many years... sorry for my bad english, but, i've cryed all day for that..... REST IN PEACE NASSER"

"Just a few months ago you and I were sipping coffee and enjoying life catching up... Love you and miss you brother I know your in a better place now.... "

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #883 on: April 03, 2013, 12:37:32 AM »
Hey Sheirifi something is wrong with your Mr.Alah's teaching  ::) alcohol is banned in islam  ??? ,but using of Steroids in islam is tolerated  :P
Can U elaborate on this  ;D
Steroids aren't tolerated, it's use is considered "Makruh" , but in Islam you can always find someone who will translate the Koran any way they like and make anything permissible.  Look for Sherief to justify his dog ownership and steroid usage.  You can guarantee he is doing a dozen other things that fly in the face of Islamic teachings, he wouldn't be a respectable Muslim if he wasn't a massive hypocrite.

[ Invalid YouTube link ]
V

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #884 on: April 03, 2013, 02:17:23 AM »
Lots of friends are leaving comments on Nasser's facebook wall and sharing photos, many have changed their profile pic to one of themselves with Nasser.

I'll post the pics later, but for now I'll just paste some of the comments here:

"This is a sad day in my life...I lost a friend with a good heart. Nasser El Sonbaty. I will miss you my brother. I will remember your advises for me for the rest of my life. Rest in peace. "

"You helped me through one of the ruffest points in my life, you went out of your way to spend time with me, you taught me basically everything I know about the gym... I lost a beautiful friend but I know your in a better place. Rest in peace brother.... "

"Today Was My First Day Back At The Gym I Always Train Hard But Today I Trained Extra Extra Hard Like It Was My Last Day. In Honor Of My Great Friend Nasser El Sonbaty. He Was A Champion And He Never Quit. He Was One Of The Most Loyal,Respectful ,And Dedicated Person You Will Ever Meet."

"Nasser was a terrific man and always had time for his fans and friends. I think you left out an adjective on him though,,, He was extremely intelligent and loved to help those who asked. I was lucky enough to meet and talk with him several times here in San Diego and at the shows around the country. No matter where we ran into each other he always had time to say hi and talk for a few minutes even if his schedule called on him.. He was truly one of a kind!"

"My dear friend Nasser my son Ruben and I Fatima we will miss you very much you were always sweet and kind to us we have great memories with you.this words are to late now but I hope from heaven you see this and smile.love Ruben and Gregg and Fatima"

"Oh Nasser you were far to young to go! I am completely in shock! You were a wonderful generous human, the world is going to be a lesser place without you. Thank you for accepting me when I first started bodybuilding and making me believe I could accomplish anything! So glad we kept up on fb from time to time. "

"yesterday we lost a legend. A World Champion Body Builder, a world class guy and an even better friend. I will never forget you brah. R.I.P."

"Nasser El Sonbaty is one of the best pro bodybuilders to ever step on stage! He taught me so much more than the sport he loved. He helped me so much during tough time's emotionally and financially. You are loved and will be missed by many! ...I wish I could have told you THANK YOU one last time for everything! My condolences go out to your Mother, Father and sister! Gone but NEVER forgotten my friend! RIP"

"Thank you for staying my friend for all these years.. you never forgot me, always were kind and supportive.. even when I wasnt in perfect shape.. I will certainly miss you ... rest now ....."

"it's a very big pleasure lived in this great moments. i've remembed you for to many years... sorry for my bad english, but, i've cryed all day for that..... REST IN PEACE NASSER"

"Just a few months ago you and I were sipping coffee and enjoying life catching up... Love you and miss you brother I know your in a better place now.... "
i never got the hating on  nasser. He always seemed like a funny dude who always liked to help his friends and fans without acting like he is better than anyone like most of the other pro bbs

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #885 on: April 03, 2013, 02:49:40 AM »

Thanks for sharing Bobs - Hope you are holding up well, take care mate  :)

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #886 on: April 03, 2013, 03:05:33 AM »
i never got the hating on  nasser. He always seemed like a funny dude who always liked to help his friends and fans without acting like he is better than anyone like most of the other pro bbs

man this is very true.. when i saw him he was talking about my things in details.. he said it before in flex magazine that he didnt like to talk about himself all the time and this is very true.. he gave me a new t shirt as a present and 14 big signed pics of him.. he even insisted on giving him names of some of my best friends to sign some pics for them..  he was telling me "sherief, you are really like my brother" and i am sure he meant it.. i consider myself very lucky.. he was one of the greatest personalities i have ever seen..

EspenG

• Getbig II
  • yawn
« Reply #887 on: April 03, 2013, 04:04:15 AM »
I think a lot of the hating on Nasser was due to the Nasser-fans here on Getbig. I like both Sherief and Bob as posters here, but I don't think they anticipated the effects of the most 'aggressive' time of Nasser-worshipping. Although they most probably did it for fun, I think their 'campaign' for Nasser led to a lot of anger among many board readers. Unfortunately, that anger also got directed at Nasser - especially as he was 'dragged' into it by references to what he said/wrote etc... That being said, Nasser as most bodybuilders, had their enemies and had made some bad choices careerwise.

Let's face it. Bodybuilders dont have a lot of respect among people in general, and not even among the followers of the 'sport'.

By the way, Nasser was a great bb and had a couple of really outstanding poses

No offence Sherief and Bob

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #888 on: April 03, 2013, 12:40:28 PM »
A DUDE PASSES AWAY AND PEOPLE ARE HAVING FUN WITH IT? ONLY ON GETBIG.

This is also a huge no-no for me. Leave the dead alone!  :(

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #889 on: April 03, 2013, 02:08:27 PM »

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #890 on: April 03, 2013, 02:21:15 PM »
Maybe some of those closer to Nasser can't answer this.  Was Nasser particularly religious.  I guess the way he portrayed himself I assumed he wasn't.
A

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #891 on: April 03, 2013, 02:30:22 PM »
man this is very true.. when i saw him he was talking about my things in details.. he said it before in flex magazine that he didnt like to talk about himself all the time and this is very true.. he gave me a new t shirt as a present and 14 big signed pics of him.. he even insisted on giving him names of some of my best friends to sign some pics for them..  he was telling me "sherief, you are really like my brother" and i am sure he meant it.. i consider myself very lucky.. he was one of the greatest personalities i have ever seen..

Greater than Allah & prophet  :P

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #892 on: April 03, 2013, 02:43:24 PM »
Maybe some of those closer to Nasser can't answer this.  Was Nasser particularly religious.  I guess the way he portrayed himself I assumed he wasn't.

he was not a practicing muslim but he was talking in a great way about islam.. also bobs said nasser was closer to Allah at the end and was attending the friday prayer every week during the last months of his life..

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #893 on: April 03, 2013, 02:45:44 PM »
he was not a practicing muslim but he was talking in a great way about islam.. also bobs said nasser was closer to Allah at the end and was attending the friday prayer every week during the last months of his life..

Thanks for answering my question, Sherief.
A

TigerStripes

• Getbig III
« Reply #894 on: April 03, 2013, 08:48:45 PM »

Rednecks and idiots always hate on intelligent and eloquent people. And bb is full of rednecks and idiots.

It's like the movie "idiocracy". Real life is very much like that.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #895 on: April 03, 2013, 10:07:22 PM »
  Is Nasser really dead??

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #896 on: April 03, 2013, 10:10:53 PM »
  Is Nasser really dead??

Yes. Its been posted on numerous bodybuilding sites. Kidney or liver failure, I believe, though there is still speculation.
X

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #897 on: April 03, 2013, 10:50:04 PM »
 RIP

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
Is Nasser really dead?
« Reply #898 on: April 03, 2013, 10:51:15 PM »
  Is this true?

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Re: Is Nasser really dead?
« Reply #899 on: April 03, 2013, 10:54:45 PM »
  Is this true?

Lots has changed in the cult of bodybuilding since you were away.

Someone bring arce up to speed...