Author Topic: RIP Nasser El Sonbaty  (Read 293382 times)

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
Re: RIP Nasser El Sonbaty
« Reply #975 on: April 26, 2013, 08:22:49 PM »

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #976 on: April 27, 2013, 06:14:09 AM »

This makes me realise something. Who would actually believe in the 72 virgins baloney?

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #977 on: April 27, 2013, 06:31:06 AM »
where is his body located?

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #978 on: April 27, 2013, 06:54:19 AM »
where is his body located?

look in your basement. I left a little poem on top of the coffin. Don't touch the protein bars in the paper bag. I will pick them up tomorrow.

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #979 on: April 27, 2013, 07:36:49 AM »
dying during a nap is a good way to go. when i die, i would't mind dying in a similar manner. Very peaceful. Nasser is lucky when you think about it, as our fate could be much worse. PIP

TigerStripes

• Getbig III
« Reply #980 on: April 27, 2013, 09:17:12 AM »
This makes me realise something. Who would actually believe in the 72 virgins baloney?

Exactly. It's fucking ridiculous. Many things in Islam are just over the top bullshit.

RIP Nasser.

bodyofsteel

• Getbig III
  • Outed!
« Reply #981 on: April 27, 2013, 11:36:14 AM »
So he wasn't really working odd jobs to make ends meet, and faked his own death? :o

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #982 on: April 27, 2013, 11:42:13 AM »
'Cause EVERY hand's a winner and EVERY hand's a loser,
And the best that you can hope for is to die in your sleep."

SweetMuscles

• Getbig IV
  • The Grim Repper
« Reply #983 on: April 27, 2013, 06:39:58 PM »
So he wasn't really working odd jobs to make ends meet, and faked his own death? :o

Could you honestly not see that was a blatant joke? Fuck, some of you are so fucking dumb.

bodyofsteel

• Getbig III
  • Outed!
« Reply #984 on: April 27, 2013, 07:55:17 PM »
Could you honestly not see that was a blatant joke? Fuck, some of you are so fucking dumb.
;D Looks like some people have trouble understanding sarcasm!

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #985 on: April 27, 2013, 08:24:33 PM »
  So Nasser was faking those jobs and now his death? Is that what Romano is saying?

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #986 on: April 28, 2013, 02:51:08 PM »
Overall great post by John Romano, this thread should be stickied again so that gets read.

The Switzerland milk truck rumour he referred to is actually another one of the sarcastic stories he made for a laugh, in addition to the working odd jobs.  He had a hilarious sense of humour which many people didn't quite get, which is what made it even more funny.

This is the actual start of the milk truck rumour, where he emailed back this guy who had asked for an autographed pic which he hadn't paid for (he may have thought his account was charged but it was not).  After this David made a post online on some forum about it, and it spread from there.

Subject: Re: Nasser El Sonbaty Productions Customer Receipt/Purchase Confirmation
To: baseball01232000@yahoo.com
Date: Friday, July 4, 2008, 3:28 PM

Nasser died three weeks ago.
He got run over by a milk truck driver in Davos, Switzerland.
His funeral was last weekend in Vienna, Austria where his first wife and his two childerne do live.

Your card was NEVER charged.
With other words : You never paid.

Sincerely - Pepe,

Nasser's assisstant.

----- Original Message -----
From: David xxx (I blocked out his last name for this post for his own privacy)
To: Nasser Sonbaty
Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2008 3:44 PM
Subject: Re: Nasser El Sonbaty Productions Customer Receipt/Purchase Confirmation

Hi...Still wondering if my request for the autographed picture has been processed. I paid via mastercard back on 5-26-08. Please let me know when I can expect the picture. Thanks, Dave

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #987 on: April 28, 2013, 02:55:06 PM »
Another email from "Pepe" which Nasser replied sarcastically to for a laugh.  He purposely put in the spelling and grammar errors and "Yorian Yates" etc. but the guy didn't get it lol.  Nasser never did reply to his last message at the top:

>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Victor V" <domino1@operamail.com>
> To: "Nasser" <nasser@cts.com>
> Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 11:45 PM
> Subject: Re: Contest judging
>
>
> Stop whining! You're doing it again!
>
> You are not making El-Sonbaty look good by responding on his behalf with
> this unprofessional and immature email, full of grammatical and spelling
> errors. You are an extremely poor representation of a person that's
> "university educated and speaks several languages".
>
> By the sound of your incoherent ramblings, I bet you are the person who
> actually put together the website. I hope that one day, either you feel
> better or Nasser looks at the website, and realize how bad the whining
> looks when viewed from 3rd perspective.
>
>
> > ----- Original Message -----
> > From: Nasser <nasser@cts.com>
> > To: Victor <domino1@operamail.com>
> > Subject: Re: Contest judging
> > Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 17:49:44 -0700
> >
> >
> > Thank you,
> > this is Pepe, answering for Naser !
> >
> > 1. you are NOT a body builder - obviously.
> > 2.0 YOU ARE NOT A WINNER, OBVIOUSLY
> > 3.0 IT IS NOT ABOUT WHINHING, it is about right and wrong
> > 4. you have no idea and clue what MORE is going onYou are one of
> > these people who believe whatever some tell them who is an
> > authotity to you.
> > 4. you have no spirit or any courage, otherwise you would admire
> > Nasser like you people admire Rambo,..
> > 5. by speaking up all thes people will be more cautious not to
> > allow more failed decisions to generatore.
> > 6. do yourself a favour and try doing the best in the worls -
> > anywhere and you will not make it.
> > Nasser did not make it , not because he was not capable but he was
> > not allowed because of his racial backround, his intelligence and
> > his straight forwardnity.7. nasser is not a body builder, he is so
> > much more than that, he woulf have been the right ambassadfor to
> > the sport not a racistic dkinhead Yorian Yates.
> > 7. get your facts straight and do not write such nonsense again you
> > ignorant person.
> > 8. if you would lose 10 000.00 ( = tenthousant dollarws ) today you
> > would be whining until eternity.
> > 9. comon be a man and stiop being so stupid10.do not go to Naser's
> > website if you're so unhappy. you have no voice.
> > Nasser has one and millions do know him. Noone does not know you.
> > Your nomen should be loser and not victor nothing, you gimmick.
> > 10. go baqck to your studid board stupido.
> > 11. one mores diskriminating and treatening email i will call the
> > police on you and they find you loser. trust me on that.
> > 12. if you want buy clothing from grande nasser, blease buy buy order
> > 13. nobofy in 90 got srewed like nasser, nasser did noy have one of
> > judge from his kontry in 16 years pro body builfing.
> > how happy would americano be if he had no american o judge in 16
> > years you racistico idiotico terrible
> > you shuttt up and go kiss .
> >
> > Pepe A. Alberto
> > ----- Original Message ----- From: "Victor" <domino1@operamail.com>
> > To: <nasser@cts.com>
> > Sent: Monday, May 11, 2009 5:08 PM
> > Subject: Contest judging
> >
> >
> > > Nasser, everybody who followed bodybuilding in the 90s is well
> > > aware that you got screwed on many occassions. You do have great
> > > physique and should have been a multi-time Olympia winner.
> > > However, you are not the only one to have such fate. Voice your
> > > complaints once, twice, but come on, take it like a man! The
> > > amount of whining about BB politics on your website does not make
> > > you look good. Keep your face on.
> > >
> > > Best regards!
> > >
>
> >
>
>
> --
> ________________________ _______________________

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #988 on: April 28, 2013, 03:08:38 PM »
There's no book. It's a rumour he spread to stay relevant. As for HOW he died. Effects of years and years of steroid abuse. Something gave in and that was all she wrote. No doubt officially it would be 'congenital heart defect that was hereditary' or some bullshit of the sort. Abuse.

You should really stfu when trying to discuss things you know nothing about.  There was a book, two volumes actually, with hundreds of pages in total and tons of material.  He never published it as he was double minded because for one he started to feel that the readers will not appreciate the amount of information he went out of his way to include and would instead criticize him as they did after his bb.com interviews, and secondly there was some risk of legal problems for defamation.

Someone close to Nasser made backups of the saved material from his home computer, so it's preserved, but will unlikely ever be published.

slate

• Getbig IV
« Reply #989 on: April 28, 2013, 04:26:41 PM »
Overall great post by John Romano, this thread should be stickied again so that gets read.

hmm

does that mean that you believe that nasser did not die but instead went into hiding like the mahdi, and is about to come back for the end of the world?? wow bobs I didnt know you were a shia.

face it, nassoil died in Amsterdam due to an heart attack during his sleep, caused by a malaria mosquito bite just when he was having nightmares of being run over by a swiss milk van driven by his ex-wife.

PS: there was no book, just the interviews that were published . Now, YOU can come out with a book pretending to be from his collected papers. That would be fun.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #990 on: April 28, 2013, 06:10:28 PM »
hmm

does that mean that you believe that nasser did not die but instead went into hiding like the mahdi, and is about to come back for the end of the world?? wow bobs I didnt know you were a shia.

If you weren't retarded you would realize I do not believe in the conspiracy part of Romano's post because I've posted in this thread confirming Nasser's death and as much of the cause as we know, what I appreciate about his post is what it tells us about who Nasser was and what he was like.

slate

• Getbig IV
« Reply #991 on: April 28, 2013, 06:23:51 PM »
If you weren't retarded you would realize I do not believe in the conspiracy part of Romano's post because I've posted in this thread confirming Nasser's death and as much of the cause as we know, what I appreciate about his post is what it tells us about who Nasser was and what he was like.

I for one think he is still alive. Show me the body

A genius like nasser would be well aware of any nefarious medical ailment and would have kept it under check.

Thus, he either died of an unexpected accident (being hit by a milk van is indeed unexpected) or was murdered in a way he could not use his uber strength to defend himself, the insidious malaria mosquito.

None of these two options sound credible which leads me to conclude he is still alive but in hiding

ps: and no booty, he is not coming for you. remember it must be virgins

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #992 on: April 28, 2013, 07:38:06 PM »
Nasser El Sonbaty: In Memorium (Sort of)
by: John Romano

I had just come to accept that Mat Duvall was gone when cyberspace erupted with the news that my old friend, IFBB pro Nasser El Sonbaty, had passed away. At first I was hit with the news like everyone else and put my condolences up on Facebook. I had communicated with Nasser a few months ago and all seemed well, so this news was certainly a shock. But, remember, this was not the first time Nasser was reported dead. So I immediately started digging for facts.

As people started getting back to me I was confronted with no less than four (so far) reported scenarios: The first was that Nasser was hit by a milk truck and killed in Switzerland. The second was that he was in Egypt and contracted malaria which caused a kidney infection and he died there; supposedly he was in Egypt training a client. The third was that Nasser never woke up from a nap in a hotel in Amsterdam; an apparent heart attack. And, the fourth was that Nasser died in San Diego of liver cancer. The times of his death varied greatly too. From a “a couple of months ago” to just the other day. And, of course, there is the usual band of internet idiots who immediately blamed steroids.

Not withstanding the steroid morons, working back up the list I’m fairly sure the cancer story isn’t true, because when I talked to him he didn’t have liver cancer. Assuming having liver cancer is something he probably wouldn’t forget to tell me, if he didn’t have liver cancer a few months ago he couldn’t have died from it last week.

Dying in a hotel room in Amsterdam from a heart attack is also false. I asked a friend of mine who lives in Holland and speaks several of the appropriate languages to scour the news over thee and see if there were any reports of a giant man being found dead in a hotel room. There were some “interesting” stories about other things, but nothing to confirm that Nasser died in a hotel in Amsterdam; surely something like that would have hit at least a local news outlet, but nothing.

Being hit by a milk truck in Switzerland can’t possibly be true for two reasons: first, the “milk trucks” in Switzerland are these little plastic electric things that go 25 KPH. If one of those hit Nasser it would be demolished. You’d need a dustpan to pick it up. And, secondly, my Dutch friend also searched the news services in Switzerland and Germany (where Nasser was born) and could not dig up what should have been at least a headline on a local news wire. That leaves us with the malaria scenario in Egypt. And that one, unfortunately, carries some weight.

First, Nasser was probably in Egypt. He missed the 25th reunion of his fellow Arnold Classic winners at this years ASC, the consensus being that he said he was in Egypt, which would not be inconceivable because Nasser is half Egyptian and goes to Egypt frequently, has friends, clients, business, etc. there. But, could a little tiny mosquito weighing less than a gram take out a healthy 125 kilogram dude? Does anybody even get malaria anymore? It just sounds a little too exotic and far fetched, not to mention unverifiable.

Why am I doubting Nasser’s death? First of all, ANY news that comes out of Egypt is suspect. Beyond that, Nasser told me something once that stuck in my head – it was something to the effect that, other than toying with the haters on the message boards, he really didn’t care about bodybuilding anymore. Remember, Nasser – a former ASC winner - also missed the 20th anniversary of the ASC. Nasser’s outlook on bodybuilding had become very cynical. We had several long and in depth conversations about it and I’m convinced bodybuilding today, along with the entire community surrounding it, meant very little to him anymore.

You also have to remember that Nasser is a very, very intelligent guy. He has three Masters Degrees: Political Science, History and Sociology; and, he speaks seven languages fluently. He is at home in practically any social situation in any city in Europe and in many Muslim countries. He is also very well off financially. Unlike the other top level bodybuilders of the roaring 90s, Nasser wasn’t spending his money on exotic cars, crazy girlfriends and expensive condos. He drove a little piece of crap green thing for years and lived very modestly. Nasser was very humble and very low key. He saved almost all his money from bodybuilding and invested it with a foreign investment firm that ultimately set him up very comfortably for the rest of his life.

He, however, downplayed this and drove message board threads into the five digits, posting pics of him wearing an ACE Hardware vest feigning working as a sales clerk in a hardware store. He did the same with a gas station attendant uniform. He had multiple message board accounts as well. He told me he got such a kick out of the riots he incited online. To him it was mediocre entertainment - psychological chess being played at a severe disadvantage. The entire online hate patrol didn’t stand a chance. Those threads were almost painful to read.

So, here we have an incredibly intelligent, multi-lingual guy who is comfortable almost anywhere in the world with limitless funds and no ties to the US, staying allegedly in Egypt, where he allegedly dies from malaria – a report of which from a reliable Egyptian source has so far proven impossible to confirm. So, while the internet says he’s dead, I’m holding out hope (never believe everything you read online).

I think it is entirely possible that Nasser, approaching his 50th birthday, just got tired of “bodybuilding” and decided to walk away from it. Knowing Nasser, I just wouldn’t put it past him to either start a rumor about his death or feed into one started by someone else (as they have before) and just let it go. He could disappear in at least half of the Middle East, Europe and former Soviet countries. Nasser could be living in a gorgeous house on Palm Island off the coast of Dubai or a smoking luxury condo in Sarajevo or a nice country house in Germany and none of us would ever know.

Right now, because of the paucity of any real proof or statements from his side, it doesn’t seem like Nasser died, it seems more like he disappeared. There isn’t even a message on his website or his Facebook page; surely his webmaster, assistant, someone, would have posted something. The pages just look abandoned.

In any case, Nasser is gone and it doesn’t appear as though he is ever coming back. I liked him too much to want to believe he’s dead, and I knew him well enough to know he might not be. So, if you're reading this Nasser, thanks for softening the blow. Your intellect and resourcefulness gives me hope that, while you have left our world, you are still out there somewhere, probably having yourself a good laugh.

I’ll miss you bro, the best conversations I’ve ever had with anyone in this industry were with you. I just hope that what I picked up from one of them is true and right about now you have a smile on your face because you knew if anyone could figure this out it would be me. Wherever you are Nasser, thank you for the gigantic contribution you made to professional bodybuilding. For a guy who came out of nowhere Nasser really shook up the frontline. So much so that he is one of the few true uncrowned Mr. Olympia's and will forever live among the legends of the sport.

Goodbye, Nasser, I’m glad I knew you.

this is a very nice post by john romano, very acccurate insight on Nasser

LordTurnip

• Getbig I
  • UNCROWNED MR. SALAD-BAR
« Reply #993 on: April 29, 2013, 08:02:57 PM »
Nasser has actually begun testing (as we speak) for a new type of Growth hormone called Rumptropin and his death was a cover for this top secret undertaking. Due to his high consumption and knowledge of gh over the years, above average intelligence, (still) well above average muscle mass, and trademark glasses he was selected by the Consortium on Resistance to Future Alien Aggression (CRFAA) to undergo daily injections of Rumptropin somewhere in the sierra Nevada. Under the careful watch of Dan Duchaine's force ghost he will be administered 40 iu's of the experimental alien growth hormone in the hopes he will mutate from Huge Nasser into HMFIC Nasser and save us from Evil Syntholed alien infiltrator....Rich Piana.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #994 on: May 02, 2013, 08:44:44 AM »

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #995 on: May 02, 2013, 12:33:44 PM »

mik1111

• Getbig III
nasser?
« Reply #996 on: July 13, 2013, 02:25:46 AM »

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
Re: nasser?
« Reply #997 on: July 13, 2013, 02:27:49 AM »
Nasser is posing in heaven.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #998 on: July 13, 2013, 02:28:04 AM »
Isn't Nasser but Groink says without a doubt it is spirits from another dimension

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #999 on: July 13, 2013, 09:09:26 AM »
Nasser is posing in heaven.

he wasn't saved

K